Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old December 17, 2010, 21:26   #1
gunsmoke
Registered

FALaholic #: 14772
NSSF warns of BATFE Regulation Change

Quote:

This is a special notice to warn you of impending new gun regulation. The ATF has proposed to require gun dealers to provide directly to the ATF the names, addresses, and serial numbers for every purchase of two or more semi auto, mag fed rifles within a five day period!! They are trying to force this in by January 5th, without any approval from Congress, calling it a needed "emergency" regulation. This is backdoor registration of guns and gunowners.

Here is a quote from the notice by the NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) regarding this burdensome and illegal move:

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is moving to require federally licensed firearms retailers to report multiple sales of modern sporting rifles beginning January 5, 2011. Specifically, the ATF requirement calls for firearms retailers to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more .22 caliber or larger semi-automatic rifles that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine and are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days."

We are encouraging everyone to contact the relevant officials to protest this move. The office that approves regulation changes like this that bypass Congress is the Office of Information and Regulation affairs of the DOJ and they can be reached at 202-395-6466. You can call your Senator and Representative at the US Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.

The NSSF offers the following points to make when calling

1."Multiple sales reporting of long guns will actually make it more difficult for licensed retailers to help law enforcement as traffickers modify their illegal schemes to circumvent the reporting requirement. Traffickers will go further underground, hiring more people to buy their firearms. This will make it much harder for retailers to identify and report suspicious behavior to law enforcement."

2."Long guns are rarely used in crime (Bureau of Justice Statistics)."

3."Imposing multiple sales-reporting requirements for long guns would further add to the already extensive paperwork and record-keeping requirements burdening America’s retailers – where a single mistake could cost them their license and even land them in jail."

4."Last year, ATF inspected 2,000 retailers in border states and only two licenses were revoked (0.1%). These revocations were for reasons unknown and could have had nothing to do with illicit trafficking of guns; furthermore, no dealers were charged with any criminal wrongdoing."

5."According to ATF, the average age of a firearm recovered in the United States is 11 years old. In Mexico it’s more than 14 years old. This demonstrates that criminals are not using new guns bought from retailers in the states."

6."Congress, when it enacted multiple sales reporting for handguns, could have required multiple sales of long guns – it specifically chose not to."

Read the full notice by the NSSF here:
http://www.nssfblog.com/atf-to-requi...for-long-guns/

Read the full ATF document proposing this illegal move here: (PDF)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...uments/atf.pdf

Link for contact info if you want to add it to your communications

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Sigmund Freud
gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2010, 23:40   #2
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43374
I hate to sound like a dullard, but how does the multiple purchase thing work?

If I buy a DSA STG58 from one dealer and an Entreprise Rifle from another dealer on the same day, does that count? Or does it have to be reported only if I buy the two FALs from the same dealer?

Regardless of how it works, it's arbitrary bullshit. Punish the criminals - not the victims.
Old December 18, 2010, 01:32   #3
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I see Greta just went anti on her show,featuring some ditz from the washington post,claiming the mexi police are "outgunned" by cartel armed with ARs and AKs. Every photo I see of mexi police,they are armed with Ars or G3s.
Of course,a dig against .50 cal single shots was included.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2010, 01:35   #4
gunsmoke
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sampson1986
I hate to sound like a dullard, but how does the multiple purchase thing work?

If I buy a DSA STG58 from one dealer and an Entreprise Rifle from another dealer on the same day, does that count? Or does it have to be reported only if I buy the two FALs from the same dealer?

Regardless of how it works, it's arbitrary bullshit. Punish the criminals - not the victims.
I think that the fear resides in the knowledge that the Instant Bakround Check does not, in fact, immediately discard the information received, it is by thier own admission retaimed for 60 or more days.

So these new reports trigger a flagging of your identifying information with the multiple purchase then serves as PC for compiling information on all your purchases just as almost all states now record and compare records of your purchases of prescribed Scheduled Substances. And OTC Psuedoephedrine.

voila backdoor registration.

Sigmund Freud
Old December 18, 2010, 03:28   #5
John Culver
Registered

FALaholic #: 6035
Quote:
Originally posted by gunsmoke

I think that the fear resides in the knowledge that the Instant Bakround Check does not, in fact, immediately discard the information received, it is by thier own admission retaimed for 60 or more days.

So these new reports trigger a flagging of your identifying information with the multiple purchase then serves as PC for compiling information on all your purchases just as almost all states now record and compare records of your purchases of prescribed Scheduled Substances. And OTC Psuedoephedrine.

voila backdoor registration.
Instant check info is actually held forever. it is NOT deleted.

States decided that 'discarded' could be defined as 'archived' as long as the archive was not accessible by the same people running the checks.
----------------------
The CPU Shack - CPU History and Microprocessor Collection.
John Culver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2010, 08:17   #6
Prototype Services
Registered

FALaholic #: 3935
Greta has always been anti. She has had several segments about Mexicans getting American guns the last couple years. She always reports the manipulated numbers and skirts the truth. She always gets trashed on her blog afterwards too.
Old December 18, 2010, 13:38   #7
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43374
Quote:
Originally posted by Prototype Services
Greta has always been anti. She has had several segments about Mexicans getting American guns the last couple years. She always reports the manipulated numbers and skirts the truth. She always gets trashed on her blog afterwards too.
What else can you expect from somebody who practices a bullshit religion like Scientology?
Old December 18, 2010, 14:11   #8
gunsmoke
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sampson1986

What else can you expect from somebody who practices a bullshit religion like Scientology?

Unfortunately for Greta, for whatever reason she is one of those soft-minded relativists, OR she appears to be one on purpose~part of a schtick to fit the "FAIR & BALANCED" mould provided byn her employer.

I have a homeboy who is a NamVet who has done very well for himself in a local major media market and has been retired for a number of years now to do advertising and a daily local radio talk-show.

He employs the same technique, its part of his on-air schtick. A couple of years ago when the .50 cal nonsense was the topic of the day he got on his show and pitched his hissy fit about how many days he spent blasting enemy material with a MahDeuce in Nam "and who needs something like this?"

I called his show and he basically remained silent while I excoriated him for 9 minutes for being an idiot totally devoid of any logic, closing with my proposition that he get his wish and .50 Cal rifles be banned, and I'd neck all my .50 BMG cases down to .499 chuck all my .50 BMG projecticles includinhg the API in my mini-lathe and turn them down seat them, and I was SURE that then magically they would be rendered inert and ineffective so he could stand 1000 meters downrange and catch them in his teeth.

He concluded his response to me and the segment with "WELL, I GUESS THAT IS ONE WAY TO LOOK AT THE ISSUE."

Sigmund Freud
Old January 12, 2011, 22:45   #9
StarPD
Registered

FALaholic #: 4773
Guys, Greta is a classic libtard. Always has been, always will be.
She's Fox's token demcommie. Watch a few of her shows. You'll soon see that she is not very smart, doesn't know how to interview, and asks stupid questions, like "How did you feel when 5 men held you and made you watch your wife get raped?". Not a real question, only an example of how dumb and talentless she is.

Even worse than that, she runs every subject she "covers" into the ground for weeks, even months, not being smart enough to come up with anything interesting. She stayed on the Natalie case in Arruba for months, and brings it back up every time there's the slightest development.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
StarPD is offline   Reply With Quote