The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How many polymer US made FAL mags would you buy?
I would buy one 31 4.44%
I would buy two 122 17.48%
I would buy five 300 42.98%
I would buy ten 245 35.10%
Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 22, 2013, 23:47   #1241
nframe
Registered

FALaholic #: 42740
Yep, lets be cool. They'll come.
Old July 23, 2013, 17:38   #1242
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
I answered a lot of emails last night and today so if you haven't received the reply check your spam, as it might be going there because of the volume of emails I am sending out.

Also I have not received replies on at least 30 of the emails I have sent.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013, 17:47   #1243
Rollin Black
Contributor

FALaholic #: 51653
Resent email with order again today as never received a response from prior email sent 6/29/13. Checked spam folder and you not there.

Look forward to getting the mags.

Thanks for all the work you put into this project!
Rollin Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013, 18:51   #1244
Will_Power
Registered

FALaholic #: 64012
First off, I am not mad, angry, or harboring any ill will. Moses has busted his ass the last few years on this project, and I hope it earns him a ton of money as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
With the crazy wait times most major gun companies are experiencing right now (Rock river is at least 8 months, how long were people waiting on SCAR 17 mags from FN and how much did the prices get jacked up on those?) you have to remember I am just starting in this type of endeavor and I am doing all I can to have the wait times as short as possible, but if major companies with lots of employees are experiencing wait times as long as they are you have to expect this initial rush on orders is going take a a little bit of time to get caught up on.
It's not the wait time in and itself that frustrates me (or, if I'm perfectly frank, is an excuse), but rather the fact that orders were being taken, money was paid, and then there's been radio silence for weeks now.

Sure, you can point to the recent panic, but the difference is that many companies both gave their customers an ETA (even if it changed as time went on). Many other companies aren't taking payment until they are able to deliver their customers' orders; they'll put your name on the list and reserve your spot, but you aren't paying money for the privilege. VLTOR comes to mind in that regard.

But then again, the business side of things isn't everybody's strong suit. Good thing we got guys like you, Johnny, who can come up and see the manufacturing, through. Lord knows machine shops, molds, CNC, CAD, and all of that is an area I'm ignorant of.

That said, there are a number of customer service support websites, services, and companies that could handle your high volume of orders. Might be something to consider. I know it can't be fun for you, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
He has done the world of FALs a huge blessing by making these magazines a reality for us. They are worth your wait even if there is some small dose of frustration mixed in. I for one can not imagine keeping up with all the orders he is processing right now...

Lets give the man the friggin kudos he deserves for seeing this through. When millions of our citizens would turn their backs on the gun owning public, I pray and give thanks for men like M/J that put their proverbial neck on the line to go against the grain and actually DO SOMETHING positive for gun owners.
I agree with most all of that!! My only point of contention is how the orders are getting handled. I don't know whether we can say it's dropping the ball or just being overwhelmed by an unexpectedly high order volume, but regardless, it's not a smart way to get a business off the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
Congratulations on your month long wait. Most of us here have waited years to see the fruition of this project. You won't get sympathy from me on that account.
I can't say I've been waiting the whole three+ years, but I've kept my eyes on the project as long as I'm been into FALs.

The wait is one thing, and I don't have a problem particularly continuing to do so. I simply do not typically like to have money tied up into a long and indefinite backorder. Not speaking for anyone else; just me.

TANSTAAFL
Will_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013, 19:55   #1245
DYNOMIKE
Registered

FALaholic #: 11982
Quote:
The wait is one thing, and I don't have a problem particularly continuing to do so. I simply do not typically like to have money tied up into a long and indefinite backorder. Not speaking for anyone else; just me.
It's NOT been that long that he's been taking orders first off...

Having read the thread "for as long as you've been on the FILES" you already knew this was a ONE MAN show.. Johnny NEVER said anything to the contrary..

KNOWING in advance ALL the pertinent details (shared by Johnny THROUGHOUT the thread) you placed an order.. IF you where NOT willing to wait than you might have considered all that a bit earlier..

While you commend Johnny and his significant efforts you still feel the need to slam him and his efforts on HIS thread?? That seems a bit contrary to me??

BTW, NOT speaking for anyone else mind you.. Just myself..
Old July 24, 2013, 09:36   #1246
markthenewf
Registered

FALaholic #: 63268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOMIKE View Post
While you commend Johnny and his significant efforts you still feel the need to slam him and his efforts on HIS thread?? That seems a bit contrary to me??

BTW, NOT speaking for anyone else mind you.. Just myself..
Uhhhhh...fine, then let others speak theirs. Will_power is making valid points.

We all understand this is a learning experience for him and that the tidal wave of orders probably caught him with his britches down. However, Johnny appears to be quite the guy and seems to be able to handle criticism and if he felt the need to defend himself, he appears to do so. I don't think he doesn't need any cheerleaders behind him or egging on any further bitching.... though this post probably ain't helping either!

We're all dealing with the delays (though I've not sent any cash yet), so why don't you just deal with the little bit of impatience that some have. Sheesh.

Mark
markthenewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2013, 09:43   #1247
markthenewf
Registered

Quote:
I answered a lot of emails last night and today so if you haven't received the reply check your spam, as it might be going there because of the volume of emails I am sending out.

Also I have not received replies on at least 30 of the emails I have sent.
I wonder if your email adress isn't something odd or blacklisted? I've gone ahead and put the 'gjohnnygun@yahoo.com' in my email service whitelisting so that it'll get through without issue.

Mark
Old July 24, 2013, 18:14   #1248
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Pretty sure my email is fine.

Will_Power had paid me 13 days ago, in any kind of high demand gun part business in these times 13 days is nothing as far as wait time goes.
I refunded his money this morning, so he should be GTG now.

The moses mag is not "Backordered" it's in stock, the time it takes processing orders, and getting them all shipped out is the only thing creating a delay, and that delay is only caused by this initial rush since the mag was just released.

And about him saying and I quote "It's not the wait time in and itself that frustrates me (or, if I'm perfectly frank, is an excuse), but rather the fact that orders were being taken, money was paid, and then there's been radio silence for weeks now" is a ridiculous statement I responded to this thread numerous times, June 23, July 7 9, 11, 16, 22 and 23.

I have had many, many people wanting to prepay and send money for years now or ask that I do a presale etc. I never did that, actually said I didn't want to take any money from anyone until I had the finished, approved and working 100% Moses mag in stock, this is a rare business practice these days as most upstart companies take preorders in order to finance their production, material and business costs etc.
I have seen too many other projects from other companies and individuals do that and it rarely if ever turned out good.
I thought by doing it that way it would alleviate people complaining about how long ago they paid and when will the mags be ready etc.

Doing it this way I could avoid any and all troubles if there were production delays, problems or anything of that sort, which of course there were.

And let me repeat this, I have the Moses mags in stock right now, since I do not have the website completed yet and can't take credit card orders from the website because it takes a little while for all that to get set up, I have to receive payments before I ship and there is a slight delay in this. (I have taken on a business partner and he has been a huge help in getting a lot of the behind the scenes work taken care of as well as many other things i.e. getting the merchant account started so the website could have the shopping cart and real time inventory and pay by credit card.)

If the Website was 100% and credit card/shopping cart and everything was all ready then I wouldn't charge the card until I was shipping the order.

I've been a member of the Falfiles for over 14 years and have a very well respected reputation, I would think most people would not be worried I was trying to scam any money from anyone or have a problem with a 13 day wait before wanting a refund.
I want to make this perfectly clear I do not have a problem if someone wants a refund because they do not want to wait, I just wasn't expecting that to be an issue.

This isn't the correct thread to be posting about ordering or complaining about shipping times etc. those should either be emailed to me directly or post it on the Marketplace thread.

I welcome any and all complaints, criticism or praise, my goal is to strive to be better than I was the day before and have a company that is known as a fine, reputable and respected business that goes above and beyond the what is expected of a great, quality company.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old July 24, 2013, 20:11   #1249
vdog41
Registered

FALaholic #: 71202
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdog41 View Post
I ordered last month paid for 2 it has been some time I know Colorado orders took priority. But I agree it is starting to feel like get me a refund and when your store is up and running I will order again.
So I received my shipping notification and I want to thank Johnny for being as patient as he has been. I know it's been a challenge to get all of this done and I appreciate the responses that I received from him. I look forward to having these on my Lar-8 as I'm scheduled to receive them tomorrow. I will get pictures posted to this thread as soon as I modify them.

Thanks again Johnny I hope the hard work and the stress reap you plenty of praise and reward.

To the rest of you: Im glad that you have built a community here. Glad to see there are so many of you sticking up for Johnny. That said for some of us who haven't been around and don't have the relationships please have some patients with us as well. Im glad that some of you have followed this program for years. On that note I look forward to having the mags and if they works as well as Im expecting then I will be placing a much larger order.

Oh yeah and for those of you who have been waiting, I was the first one to officially purchase the Moses Mag (According to Johnny)

Cheers
vdog41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2013, 22:12   #1250
Otis Treekiller
Registered

FALaholic #: 21060
Quote:
Will_Power had paid me 13 days ago, in any kind of high demand gun part business in these times 13 days is nothing as far as wait time goes.
I refunded his money this morning, so he should be GTG now.
Getting a refund in 13 days? I'd say that's lightning fast service!

Harry Cooper was right!
Otis Treekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2013, 11:40   #1251
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
13 days????? Really?? Pffft..I have had hangovers longer than that keep plugging Johnny, we got ya.
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2013, 10:19   #1252
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
I'm in for 5 as soon as the rush dies down.
Old July 30, 2013, 12:36   #1253
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
I'm in for 5 as soon as the rush dies down.
i'm waiting for the same thing...
Old August 06, 2013, 09:47   #1254
Chadwin
Registered

FALaholic #: 71005
bump
Chadwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2013, 16:56   #1255
gerry g
Registered

FALaholic #: 6581
Received my 2 mags today. Waiting till the end of Aug. to try them out when I go on vacation.
gerry g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 08, 2013, 19:29   #1256
nframe
Registered

Received 5 today, they look great. Can't wait to get to the range.
Here's to Johnny.
Old August 16, 2013, 08:06   #1257
Chadwin
Registered

Mine showed up Aug 14
Old August 16, 2013, 11:09   #1258
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered

FALaholic #: 66011
mine arrived a few days ago ...EXCELLENT !!
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2013, 08:16   #1259
markthenewf
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwin View Post
Mine showed up Aug 14
So what's the timeline? When did you send the email to order, when was it responded to, when was payment sent and when was it shipped? I think this info would relax everyone knowing what time frame to expect.

Still waiting for someone to do a range report. Not that they're not the best thing since sliced bread, right?

Mark
Old August 18, 2013, 22:00   #1260
nframe
Registered

Mine was a little over three weeks.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:17   #1261
Chadwin
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by markthenewf View Post
So what's the timeline? When did you send the email to order, when was it responded to, when was payment sent and when was it shipped? I think this info would relax everyone knowing what time frame to expect.

Still waiting for someone to do a range report. Not that they're not the best thing since sliced bread, right?
I sent payment on paypal July 7.

All five have hand cycled all 20 rounds.
Old August 23, 2013, 05:58   #1262
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Mark there have been a few range reports all outstanding! You just need to read both threads on the mags.

Timeline is based on when I receive your payment not when I responded to your email, but I am filling orders by time stamp on pay pal payment or post mark on the envelope, just getting to the August orders now!
So those who pay first will have their mags shipped first.

Thanks

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old August 23, 2013, 06:03   #1263
El Mac
Registered

FALaholic #: 39512
Quote:
Originally Posted by markthenewf View Post
Mark,
They are not the best thing since sliced bread.

Unless of course you happen to run an FAL.

And then, they are truly the sliced bread itself.

They are that good.

EM
El Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2013, 13:49   #1264
markthenewf
Registered

Quote:
Mark there have been a few range reports all outstanding! You just need to read both threads on the mags.
I took a rifle course a couple of weeks ago, which was based on the AR15 platform. However, it was in another city so I brought my FAL as the 'backup' rifle. After the morning runs, the instructors asked if anyone brought a backup firearm. I had the FAL and another guy had a VEPR, so they said to pull them out and see how 30 cal ran.

Not so good.

First mag didn't run well, but I fixed that by dialing the gas up a bit (I had 'slow' 762 surplus, not the normally feisty reloads I usually use). That fixed a bunch of issues but then I kept having FTF due to the mags. They were a mix of my good surplus mags, but 2 of the 4 keep crapping out. One just wouldn't feed properly (bad spring?) and anothers follower tilted over twice. On the up side I got to do several impromptu malfunction drills!

Needless to say I am very much looking forward to these mags after that experience.

Mark
Old August 25, 2013, 17:12   #1265
Chadwin
Registered

I just got back from testing. All five of mine functioned perfectly in my DSA SA58 21" standard.
Old August 27, 2013, 17:26   #1266
nct
Registered

FALaholic #: 52110
Hoorah!

I have been absent from the files for awhile. Glad to see that you are kicking butt.

I can't remember how many I said I would buy, but I will do it through the website.

Thanks!

nct
nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2013, 22:59   #1267
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Chadwin Awesome!

nct Kewl!!! And to anyone who didn't know the website is up and running to accept orders and you can pay with credit cards!

We did a little torture testing if you wanna see!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; August 29, 2013 at 00:38.
Old August 29, 2013, 06:13   #1268
airground
Registered

FALaholic #: 4269
So far I've only seen pics of Mine and Moses mags......ya'll need to start posting them!

Who's gonna be the first to paint one in "baby poop" to match his rhodie???
Old August 29, 2013, 07:32   #1269
nct
Registered

FALaholic #: 52110
website

I placed my order today for a few new mags!

Thank you.

One option I did not see on the website was somewhere to click for different ship to address versus just the billing address.

Easy to use website.

Thanks again.

nct
nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2013, 10:20   #1270
Chadwin
Registered

Old August 29, 2013, 10:33   #1271
tulsamal
Registered

FALaholic #: 1614
Quote:
just getting to the August orders now!
That worries me a little bit. My PayPal receipt for $152.30 is dated 31 July. Haven't seen anything here yet!

Gregg
tulsamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2013, 20:44   #1272
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Gregg, yours is going out tomorrow, I have shipped two batches this week and a huge batch tomorrow!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old August 30, 2013, 11:17   #1273
tulsamal
Registered

FALaholic #: 1614
Great, thanks, good to hear!

I hated to even say anything but then I start to worry that the package disappeared in shipping and I should be telling you!

Great job, thanks again.

Gregg
tulsamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2013, 03:19   #1274
Spktyr
Registered

FALaholic #: 28614
Quote:
Chadwin Awesome!

nct Kewl!!! And to anyone who didn't know the website is up and running to accept orders and you can pay with credit cards!

We did a little torture testing if you wanna see!

Just to be thorough, what's the website address?
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2013, 11:54   #1275
bbqncigars
Registered

FALaholic #: 64064
I can't wait 'til I can wave mine under my FAL buddys nose. He'll ask me "New mag?" and the reply will be "Wholly Moses'."
Old August 31, 2013, 18:08   #1276
janman
Registered

FALaholic #: 68948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
Just to be thorough, what's the website address?
I wondered the same thing myself. Then I just typed in mosesmag.com and there it was!

http://www.mosesmag.com/?product=mos...r-fal-magazine
janman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2013, 13:23   #1277
DreamReclaimer
Registered

FALaholic #: 50965
Could only get one for now, but as soon as I can I will be back for more!
DreamReclaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 08, 2013, 09:02   #1278
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
I got mine from Johnny last week and finally got to play with them a little. They fit snuggly and lock up tight without a millimeter of wobble or rock. I hand cycled dummies through as fast as I could several times. There were no failures of any sort and the bolt locked back every single time on an empty magazine. My rifle is an ARS build on a 2002 dated non-gear logo Century imported Imbel receiver.

I also checked the fit and function of the Maglula loader/unloader with the MosesMag. Again, perfect operation!

Last edited by Blackmore; December 01, 2013 at 18:26.
Blackmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 09, 2013, 19:35   #1279
markthenewf
Registered

Question

Quote:
Gregg, yours is going out tomorrow, I have shipped two batches this week and a huge batch tomorrow!
Would it be safe to say mine are en route as well since my paypal transfer was also on the July 31st as well? Suuuure would be nice to have an excuse to do a range trip!

Mark

Last edited by markthenewf; September 09, 2013 at 20:14.
Old September 11, 2013, 03:19   #1280
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Mark if your last name starts with an "H" and you are in the great State of TX. then yes yours is en route!!!

Thanks for the pics and review Blackmore!!!

I encourage reviews and pictures from everyone who has received their Moses mags!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51