The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How many polymer US made FAL mags would you buy?
I would buy one 31 4.44%
I would buy two 122 17.48%
I would buy five 300 42.98%
I would buy ten 245 35.10%
Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 12, 2013, 06:06   #1161
OlderWiser
Registered

FALaholic #: 37964
Just getting back into FALs after 5 years away and am amazed at the prices of things.

That said, with beat up Milsurp metrics going for $25, a decent, reasonably priced poly mag definitely has my interest. I currently have 3 steal metrics total and am normally only comfortable with a minimum of 20 mags for a platform. Which leaves me at least 20 short by my special kind of math. I'll have to buy them in groups of 2 and 3 (unless there is a quantity discount to entice me to make larger purchases. That's a hint).

Also...Has the 26 rd mag idea gone by the way side? If not any idea on a time line for availability?
OlderWiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013, 06:26   #1162
ronpaulFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 65535
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
Yes. Which is why I recommended the following:
For criminal proceedings they would need to prove you transferred or did not possess them later than June 30. They have the burden of proof, and these mags will have production date stamps. See where I am going?
ronpaulFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013, 08:03   #1163
El Mac
Registered

FALaholic #: 39512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpaulFAL View Post
For criminal proceedings they would need to prove you transferred or did not possess them later than June 30. They have the burden of proof, and these mags will have production date stamps. See where I am going?
Not really.

Seems to me that if a person has a receipt from a vendor that he has purchased said item prior to the deadline....say June 29. And can back it up with a credit card statement, canceled check or Paypal statement. And the vendor has the item in the midst of shipping with it postmarked prior to the deadline, say June 30, then effectively the item has legally been transferred prior to the deadline and the purchaser legally owns it prior to the deadline. Done deal.

EDITED: RP, looking back on your post, I believe we are on the same wave length. The burden of proof is with the prosecuter. With the above done combined with the born on date, no one is going to waste a court's time.
El Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013, 12:24   #1164
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
If 'n I was livin' in Kolorado (yup, it gets a K now) I would want everything IN HAND by the 30th just to be safe, born on date or not. I tend to error on the side of caution when my freedom is in jeopardy though, so as always YMMV. That means getting YOUR payments to Moses quickly once that process begins to allow him ample time to serve your extenuating circumstances. Good luck to all affected parties.
Old June 12, 2013, 12:48   #1165
El Mac
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post
If 'n I was livin' in Kolorado (yup, it gets a K now) I would want everything IN HAND by the 30th just to be safe, born on date or not. I tend to error on the side of caution when my freedom is in jeopardy though, so as always YMMV. That means getting YOUR payments to Moses quickly once that process begins to allow him ample time to serve your extenuating circumstances. Good luck to all affected parties.
Of course, you are entitled to you opinion, but I take that "K" shit as an insult and a slap in the face to the good people that live in this state and are fighting like Spartans at Thermopylae against the soviets that are beset against us. No one here has given up the fight and we have two of the soviets that pushed this Bloomturd shit down our throats up against the wall - they are facing recalls now for their transgressions.

I'd appreciate it if you could knock off the shitty cheap shots and at least recognize that while this fight is on going in COLORADO - we are the spear tip right now - it will soon be coming to your place of abode unless we as a nation can turn this soviet-wannabe ship of state around.

Thank you.
Old June 12, 2013, 21:44   #1166
bonus_puer1
Registered

FALaholic #: 69164
Those mags are a beautiful piece of work. Right up there with MagPul and some of the others.
bonus_puer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013, 23:14   #1167
Rimcrew
Registered

FALaholic #: 64133
Quote:
... we are the spear tip right now - it will soon be coming to your place of abode unless we as a nation can turn this soviet-wannabe ship of state around.

Thank you.
God Bless our brothers and sisters in CO as they fight for all of our freedoms!

To support our brethren, I will buy four mags to be sent to anyone in CO who needs them.

Moses - if you want to take me up on this, please PM me instructions on how to pay you and I will get the money right over to you. You can ship them to whomever you please.

In doing this, I will know that at least four mags can be produced and allotted to CO before the iron curtain falls. If it is rolled back in the future, that is even better, but just in case...
Rimcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013, 00:30   #1168
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Of course, you are entitled to you opinion, but I take that "K" shit as an insult and a slap in the face to the good people that live in this state and are fighting like Spartans at Thermopylae against the soviets that are beset against us. No one here has given up the fight and we have two of the soviets that pushed this Bloomturd shit down our throats up against the wall - they are facing recalls now for their transgressions.

I'd appreciate it if you could knock off the shitty cheap shots and at least recognize that while this fight is on going in COLORADO - we are the spear tip right now - it will soon be coming to your place of abode unless we as a nation can turn this soviet-wannabe ship of state around.

Thank you.
hmmmmmm... Perhaps you have missed my previous posts (some which you have even quoted a page or so back) that would indicate I have nothing but love for the Colorado brothers' fight. Maybe it is a shitty cheap shot, but it should only be considered as one, not plural. I'll concede, the K doesn't go into effect until the 1st. But after then, the law has to be repealed to get your C back. If it comes to where I live, the whole country is doomed in terms of gun rights. This isn't the thread for this discussion so I'll leave it at that. Good luck with your fight. It's not over yet.

FLOOD OUT COLORADO MOSES!!!!!
Old June 13, 2013, 11:37   #1169
Will_Power
Registered

FALaholic #: 64012
Effing spectacular.

At the price points, I'm in for four to start off with and more down the road provided they prove to be durable and reliable.

Any idea as to when orders open up to non-Coloradans?

TANSTAAFL
Will_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013, 11:51   #1170
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
Probably be taking orders for non Colorado residents in 10 to 14 days.
This is not set in stone and there is a possibility it could happen sooner.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013, 15:05   #1171
speedysst
Registered

FALaholic #: 64593
Sent my email to moses for three of those lovely looking mags. Two weeks to go before I am no longer old enough to own big dangerous magazines.
Old June 15, 2013, 09:22   #1172
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
The mold company should be able to produce 400 to 500 mags in a 10 hour shift, that doesn't include the secondary operation that has to be performed on the mag nor does it include assembly of the mags.
After you perform the secondary operation (whatever that is), could you ship the magazines disassembled? Would that save you any significant amount of labor cost per unit?

I'm amazed you average less than one magazine per minute out of the mold machine. For some reason, I imagined it would work far faster than that.
Old June 16, 2013, 23:02   #1173
John Hardin
Registered

FALaholic #: 11174
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAndy View Post
I'm amazed you average less than one magazine per minute out of the mold machine. For some reason, I imagined it would work far faster than that.
All the photos we've seen of the mold itself, it looks like it is for only one magazine body. There's a limit to how fast you can inject, cool, strip and reset a mold.

BTW, in for 4 when you open ordering for non-CO.
--------
NRA Life Member since 1982
John Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2013, 15:07   #1174
TFA303

FALaholic #: 1300
Outstanding!

I don't mind letting the Coloradoans get first crack - but I want some too!
TFA303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2013, 18:22   #1175
Chadwin
Registered

FALaholic #: 71005
I'm definitely in for five.
Chadwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2013, 23:01   #1176
airground
Registered

FALaholic #: 4269
Bad cell phone pic...

Old June 19, 2013, 13:36   #1177
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

John Hardin, has it right, it is a one cavity mold, meaning you can only make one at a time, cycle time for making a magazine body is 1 minute/60 seconds.
Magpul I am sure has 6 or 8 cavity molds so they are making 6 to 8 if not more every minute plus they probably have more than one mold so if they have three 8 cavity molds they can make 24 per minute.
The reason I don't have a multi cavity mold is because they cost a metric shlt ton of money!!!! probably at least $80,000 per mold.
You gotta start small and build your company up if you don't have a big time investor or if you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Also I have two molds I had to pay to get made, one for the mag body and another for the 3 mag components, follower, floorplate and bottom plate.

I have literally invested every last cent I have into this project plus a couple loans to go with that, I am all in on making this work!!!
Not to mention 3 years of my life!

I am in the process of emailing all my Coloradan comrades ordering/payment info now so you should all have heard from me by the end of tonite!
You really need to get the payments out asap so I can get yours mailed in time to get there by the 30th!!!
I apologize for this coming down to the last minute but I have been at the mold company or driving to and from there for the last week everyday and sometimes twice a day, 45 minutes each way making sure the parts are right or having to get problems solved, I was there 2 nights ago until 4AM then back up again after only a couple hours sleep.
I am doing everything I can to get this done!

And I have to give major Kudos to George H. my genius mold maker/engineer and the mold company President Bill, and his son David for going the extra mile on this to get this finished in time to beat the dead line. They kept the mold co. open all night so they could finish running my parts because they didn't have time to fit my run into regular working hours before the Colorado deadline

I will be taking orders from everyone (in States that are allowed to have 20 rd mags) soon as I get all the Colorado orders out!
It's should be soon! Hopefully sometime next week!

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and kept up with this thread for so long!

Oh and your gonna love these mags!!!!!

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; June 19, 2013 at 14:10.
Old June 19, 2013, 13:59   #1178
El Mac
Registered

Colorado thanks you Johnny. Well done sir!

And in the FWIW department, the recall on one Colorado Senator John "Dickhead" Morse, was certified yesterday by the Colorado State Department.

Good bye Morse you asshole. Enjoy your bed....you made it.
Old June 19, 2013, 14:29   #1179
Will_Power
Registered

FALaholic #: 64012
Quote:
I have literally invested every last cent I have into this project plus a couple loans to go with that, I am all in on making this work!!!
Here's to hoping you earn it all back and then start to turn a good profit on 'em.

If they are as durable and reliable as we're hoping they are, that shouldn't be a problem.

TANSTAAFL
Will_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2013, 17:58   #1180
tirepatch
Registered

FALaholic #: 53253
Thanks John!

Paid for my 5 this afternoon. Thanks John for considering us Colorado folks. Nice jesture and much appreciated by all of us. Looking forward to triying the new mags out. My DSA mags are total garbage that would only work after taking a dremmel tool to them.
tirepatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 00:52   #1181
Czechsix
Registered

FALaholic #: 17293
Quote:
I will be taking orders from everyone (in States that are allowed to have 20 rd mags) soon as I get all the Colorado orders out!
Uhhhhh....ok. Could we, that are in the problematic states (I'm in Kali, myself) get a clarification here? Does this mean that you're not going to be selling them to us in problem states?
Czechsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 11:46   #1182
oilcan72
Registered

FALaholic #: 48670
Moses,

I'm looking forward to ordering my 5 when you get to taking our orders. Will these work in an inch rifle as well?

Thank You for all of your hard work and efforts in getting these mags made up.

Denis oilcan72
oilcan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 12:02   #1183
EonDresari
Registered

FALaholic #: 69608
They look really awesome! Can't wait to purchase a couple and test them out!
EonDresari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 18:05   #1184
James
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 642
[QUOTE=moses;3634236]I have literally invested every last cent I have into this project plus a couple loans to go with that, I am all in on making this work!!!
Not to mention 3 years of my life!QUOTE]

Here is why everyone on this board should buy at least 1-5 mags to help support a man that is trying to bring you a top quality mag at a resonalbe price. Hopefully he will sell enough to recover the cost of this project and be rewarded with some profits.

If this works out you never know he might be able to find another project to work on bringing more FAL parts to everyone.

Good work Johnny.

James
Old June 21, 2013, 23:38   #1185
markthenewf
Registered

FALaholic #: 63268
Quote:
Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and kept up with this thread for so long!
You're quite welcome. Looking forward to getting my sweaty mits on a few.

Mark
markthenewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2013, 06:55   #1186
cavegeo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 11441
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Quote:
Here is why everyone on this board should buy at least 1-5 mags to help support a man that is trying to bring you a top quality mag at a resonalbe price. Hopefully he will sell enough to recover the cost of this project and be rewarded with some profits.

If this works out you never know he might be able to find another project to work on bringing more FAL parts to everyone.

Good work Johnny.

James
I agree that anyone who is a FALFILES member with a rifle should at least buy one mag to help support a member that has invested his life savings to insure that our rifles have the parts to keep them running. I know that I will buy five from the first run and another five when he runs the color version later.
The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.

Last edited by cavegeo; June 22, 2013 at 07:00.
cavegeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2013, 10:45   #1187
lutefisk
Registered

FALaholic #: 2495
Thanks for working with us Colo folks, Johnny.
lutefisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2013, 15:07   #1188
falgreen
Registered

FALaholic #: 62779
Hooray!

Yay!
falgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2013, 15:44   #1189
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I'm in for as many as will fit into a flat rate shipping box. Surplus mags usually fit twelve in a box, so I'm in for at least that many. I'm sure you have a break even number in your figures and hopefully I'll be able to swing more than twelve over the next few months or so to help ya get there. Thank you for your effort. May gold rain down upon your head for doing all this!
Old June 22, 2013, 17:40   #1190
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

I can fit up to 25 in a large flat rate box $16.85
I can fit up to 17 in a medium flat rate box $12.35
I can fit up to 12 in a regional rate box, price varies from $5.80 to $12.35
I can fit up to 3 in a padded flat rate envelope $5.95
I can fit 1 in a small flat rate box $5.80

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old June 22, 2013, 17:51   #1191
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

I will now start accepting orders by email from all states and or cities and counties that you are legally allowed to order these 20 rd mags.

It may take me a few days to answer all the emails so don't get frustrated if you haven't heard back from me immediately.

I am working on getting a professional website up that will have a shopping cart etc. and hopefully you will soon be able to pay with credit cards without going through pay pal.

For now you will need to pay with a postal money order or pay pal, if using the latter you will need to add 4%

Email me @ gjohnnygun@yahoo.com for payment info.

thanks again to everyone!!!!!

Johnny

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old June 22, 2013, 23:24   #1192
FSD5D0
Registered

FALaholic #: 62814
Have you considered putting these up at Brownells?
FSD5D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013, 10:43   #1193
Post Toastie
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 40196
This is quite neighborly of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimcrew View Post
God Bless our brothers and sisters in CO as they fight for all of our freedoms!

To support our brethren, I will buy four mags to be sent to anyone in CO who needs them.

Moses - if you want to take me up on this, please PM me instructions on how to pay you and I will get the money right over to you. You can ship them to whomever you please.

In doing this, I will know that at least four mags can be produced and allotted to CO before the iron curtain falls. If it is rolled back in the future, that is even better, but just in case...
Post Toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013, 11:26   #1194
nearmisses
The LTR guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41474
As to website Johnny, I set mine up myself from Intuit, it's real reasonable,8.00/mo. and they will help you. I'm not big enough for CC orders so that would be an additional 19.99, if your looking for a stoore type front. I'll be ordering real soon too. need to see how many the kid needs first.
We really appreciate the effort.
Old June 23, 2013, 13:30   #1195
Dopavash
Registered

FALaholic #: 44433
Email sent. Are there any bulk discounts available?

Thank you for all your effort.
Dopavash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013, 15:52   #1196
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

No quantity discounts at this time unless you buy 500 sorry.

Thanks nearmisses, I am exploring all my options, appreciate the help!

Brownells contacted me several times, I have not yet decided when or if I will sell to wholesalers yet, a lot of factors to consider there.
Aimsurplus would be another I would consider as well as Palmetto state armory, DSA and a few others.

Any Coloradans that have not ordered I will need to have payment in hand no later than Monday/tomorrow in order to make sure and get your mags to you in time.

Rimcrew, if you want me to send 4 to 4 of the Coloradans that bought some you'll need to paypal me by tonite! Email me at gjohnnygun@yahoo.com for payment info. Thanks that is a very nice gesture!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old June 23, 2013, 17:16   #1197
Spktyr
Registered

FALaholic #: 28614
Quote:
No quantity discounts at this time unless you buy 500 sorry.

Thanks nearmisses, I am exploring all my options, appreciate the help!

Brownells contacted me several times, I have not yet decided when or if I will sell to wholesalers yet, a lot of factors to consider there.
Aimsurplus would be another I would consider as well as Palmetto state armory, DSA and a few others.

Any Coloradans that have not ordered I will need to have payment in hand no later than Monday/tomorrow in order to make sure and get your mags to you in time.

Rimcrew, if you want me to send 4 to 4 of the Coloradans that bought some you'll need to paypal me by tonite! Email me at gjohnnygun@yahoo.com for payment info. Thanks that is a very nice gesture!
Consider seeing if Kel-Tec, American Spirit Arms, Bushmaster or Rock River Arms wants to buy them in quantity, as they make weapons that use unmodified FAL mags. Though I dunno how they'll work with the slanted top rib - might want to see if people here that have those rifles would check them out for fit first?

I will be in for at least five (as I had said earlier) in a week or so (stupid unexpected bills and waiting for insurance company reimbursement)...

Last edited by Spktyr; June 23, 2013 at 17:23.
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2013, 22:34   #1198
FSD5D0
Registered

FALaholic #: 62814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
Consider seeing if Kel-Tec, American Spirit Arms, Bushmaster or Rock River Arms wants to buy them in quantity, as they make weapons that use unmodified FAL mags. Though I dunno how they'll work with the slanted top rib - might want to see if people here that have those rifles would check them out for fit first?

I will be in for at least five (as I had said earlier) in a week or so (stupid unexpected bills and waiting for insurance company reimbursement)...
wait a minute, what Bushy takes the FAL mags?

Also, I hear ya regarding Brownells Moses, I'll be buying some either way FYI.
FSD5D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2013, 01:19   #1199
Spktyr
Registered

FALaholic #: 28614
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSD5D0 View Post
wait a minute, what Bushy takes the FAL mags?

Also, I hear ya regarding Brownells Moses, I'll be buying some either way FYI.
Their .308s do. They licensed the design of the lower from RRA.

http://www.bushmaster.com/electronic...8%20Rifles.pdf
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2013, 07:52   #1200
El Mac
Registered

Quote:
Done sir.

Thank you so much for your dedication and bringing a quality product to market for the FALers out there....it was long overdue but you deserve all the credit. You saw a niche and filled it. My hat is off to you.