The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Bolt Action Files

Notices

Old May 02, 2009, 18:40   #1
larphred
Registered

FALaholic #: 1555
Opinions on Savage BAT/S Bolt Gun?

I know that these are fairly new and probably few, if any, have found their way into the hands of FALers, but I have been impressed with the magazine articles I've read and find myself Jones'n heartily for one of these "Tactical" (heh, heh) tack drivers.
What do you'se guys tink?
Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--the forty-four spoke and it sent lead and smoke, and seventeen inches of flame.
----Marty Robbins
larphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2009, 12:05   #2
astroman2057
Registered

FALaholic #: 9295
I have 2-A Model 10FP in .308 and a newly acquired Model 12 BVSS in .223-The 308 will shoot 1"moa or less and the .223 is .3/4" moa and with practice or a better shooter at the helm could easily be 1/2" moa.-I was looking at getting a FN SPR that I could get a good deal on but the cost of glass and quality base and rings was easily pushing $2000.00+
I bought both on the used market and the combined cost of both including glass less than the FN-IMHO a great starter rifle to accessorize and test your skills in the tac rifle dept-Plan on ditching the Savage stock and Bell & Carlson makes a standard nice replacement for $100.00(on my .308) and a Mcmillian A2 clone for $300.00(on my .223-real comfortable but heavy)

I shoot weekly with both and my targets are 3/4" sticker dots @ 100 and clay pigeons @300-easily done by both rifles-I have some feeding issues w my .308 but I'm working it out
I have alot to learn with both these firearms before I even consider moving on to a custom or higher end tac rifle;reading the wind, heartbelt and breathing control,range estimation, and improving on basic skills. Savage opens the door to long range, accurate shooting for the everyday guy-Always nice to pulverize what you fire at
astroman2057 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2009, 17:08   #3
astroman2057
Registered

FALaholic #: 9295
Sorry about my post-I saw Savage bolt guns and forgot about the new tactical their making-no info for that one-Only seen the internet info
astroman2057 is online now   Reply With Quote