Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old February 07, 2009, 21:55   #1
M2MG
Registered

FALaholic #: 18912
http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

M2MG

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Who ever dies first, we're splitting up
your gear.

The tree of freedom grows the strongest when its watered with the blood of tyrants.

Last edited by M2MG; February 14, 2009 at 15:38.
M2MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2009, 22:08   #2
renaissance_warrior
Registered

FALaholic #: 13689
On the list now. Thanks!

“The government turns every contingency into an excuse for enhancing power in itself.” - John Adams

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome becomes bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." ~ Cicero , 55 BC ~
renaissance_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2009, 09:21   #3
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Well I for one would go. But the timing is the critical element
here, just showing up in DC with a bunch of mad gun owners
with no pending legislation is a lost cause. It will be interesting to
see what groups really come to the aid of this. I've heard all of the
potential downsides and some are rather scary. You'd have to run
everybody through a metal detector, that's gonna be logistically a
problem. The bunch over at righttokeepandbeararms.com have
kinda stalled out, but mostly because the other side hasn't really done
anything yet, and may not. The Won is painfully aware that a gun ban
would be a nightmare scenario in times like these and would present
a huge opportunity for conservatives to rally the base.

Here's a link :http://www.righttokeepandbeararms.co...2ac14644d9bf48

Last edited by 2barearms; February 08, 2009 at 09:33.
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2009, 11:13   #4
A-ALLOY
Registered

FALaholic #: 25788
Signed up for the updates. Hope this gets rolling.
A-ALLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2009, 13:18   #5
Heat
Banned

FALaholic #: 31713
Quote:
Originally posted by 2barearms
Well I for one would go. But the timing is the critical element
here, just showing up in DC with a bunch of mad gun owners
with no pending legislation is a lost cause. It will be interesting to
see what groups really come to the aid of this. I've heard all of the
potential downsides and some are rather scary. You'd have to run
everybody through a metal detector, that's gonna be logistically a
problem. The bunch over at righttokeepandbeararms.com have
kinda stalled out, but mostly because the other side hasn't really done
anything yet, and may not. The Won is painfully aware that a gun ban
would be a nightmare scenario in times like these and would present
a huge opportunity for conservatives to rally the base.

Here's a link :http://www.righttokeepandbeararms.co...2ac14644d9bf48
Sorry but WHY would everyone have to go thru a metal detector..does that happen with all 85+ million gun owners when they visit D.C.? Just to gather on the mall? If the word is put out not to bring your guns, I imagine gun owners being the law-abiding folks we are will not..especially to D.C.! Saying we will need to all pass thru a detector is like saying we are all liars..I think it would be a real insult for that requirement to be made for an outdoor gathering..did they require that for the innaguaration or other gatherings or are we just used to be treated like red headed step children?
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2009, 14:27   #6
JohnnyV1966
Registered

FALaholic #: 19420
Quote:
Originally posted by ftw54
Beware: Last time a big bunch of gunowners marched on DC (without their guns), they were attacked by the US Army who, of course, were armed. Search Google for "Bonus Army" for details.

The only thing they understand in DC is power. Without guns, your march is completely meaningless. If a couple million men/women showed up with battle rifles and ammo, then they would understand.
Most disgusting of all was when the US Army went after the WWI bonus marchers they Patton led the charge on horseback and McArthur also had a role.
JohnnyV1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2009, 23:39   #7
Heat
Banned

FALaholic #: 31713
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyV1966

Most disgusting of all was when the US Army went after the WWI bonus marchers they Patton led the charge on horseback and McArthur also had a role.
Didnt George Washington warn of a standing Army? Seems that our government has strayed so far from the original intent that they are un-recognizable..the founders would all be outlaws in this modern day if they were to materialize and start criticizing the government for becoming what they have become
We have a serious problem when at best the Constitution is, at best given lip service and more often than not ignored by our representatives
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2009, 08:58   #8
WarriorPoet
Registered

FALaholic #: 10664
I posted a thread in News and Current Events before I found this thread.

Here's the story, anyway.

NO EXCUSES! BE THERE!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=88472

2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.
'This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 09, 2009
9:54 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Image from the front page of the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners

A coalition is being assembled to march on Washington to deliver to Congress, the president and even the U.S. Supreme Court a message that the Second Amendment is critical as the single right that allows Americans to ensure continuation of all of the others.

The march is being spearheaded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, but also is being coordinated with the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of American, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownerships, Second Amendment Foundation, Virginia Citizens Defense League, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Virginia Shooting Sports Association and others.

Plans tentatively are for tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of people to assemble in Washington next spring, in 2010, to demonstrate broad national support for the recognition and preservation of the Second Amendment.

"In the wake of last spring's D.C. vs. Heller U.S. Supreme Court decision which protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use and the renewed importance placed on the issue of gun rights across the country, the time is ideal for this historic gathering of gun owners at our national and state capitols," said state Sen. Alan Cropsey, a member of the Michigan organization's board of directors.

"Our lawmakers need to understand that America's gun owners come from all races, genders, political viewpoints and economic backgrounds," said Chuck Perricone, MCRGO's executive director.

The event is the brainchild of Michigan author Skip Coryell, who runs White Feather Press.com.

He has related how he got an e-mail from a distraught woman in Belgium, horrified by a knife attack at a daycare facilities where workers have been stripped of arms by a draconian gun ban.

And then there are the events in recent weeks in which there have been discussions to require federal licenses for handguns and limit access to ammunition, among other things.

"This is the beginning of a period of historic change in our nation's history and it is no time for the timid. This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted," Coryell said. "We want our children to inherit the same freedom our forefathers knew. Freedom has to be protected or it will fail. We are at a crossroads. The time to act is now."

The Michigan group is assembling partnerships with other groups with similar concerns for a daylong rally which is intended to occur simultaneously with events at state capitols across the nation.

The website explains the group mission is "to galvanize the courage and resolve of American gun owners, to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense."

Coryell told WND in just seven days since suggesting the plan he's seen a literal flood of supportive e-mails.

The emotions have ranged from downright paranoia about federal agents knocking down doors to confiscate guns to worry about a lack of access to weapons even by people who don't own them.

"I think the majority of people are just saying, 'I am fed up. I am sick and tired of the government telling how to run my life."

"I think people … understand the Second Amendment is the one right that protects all the others," he told WND. "Freedom of speech, press, religion. If we don't have a right to keep and bear arms how are we going to protect the others?"

Best Drop Eight time - 7.93 seconds (FAL/7.62x51)
WarriorPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2009, 09:09   #9
WarriorPoet
Registered

FALaholic #: 10664
P.S. - Mods - This thread should be a sticky!

Best Drop Eight time - 7.93 seconds (FAL/7.62x51)
WarriorPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2009, 07:21   #10
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Heat

Sorry but WHY would everyone have to go thru a metal detector..does that happen with all 85+ million gun owners when they visit D.C.? Just to gather on the mall? If the word is put out not to bring your guns, I imagine gun owners being the law-abiding folks we are will not..especially to D.C.! Saying we will need to all pass thru a detector is like saying we are all liars..I think it would be a real insult for that requirement to be made for an outdoor gathering..did they require that for the innaguaration or other gatherings or are we just used to be treated like red headed step children?

I guess you can't see the idea of some idiot with a gun shooting in a crowd
of thousands being a problem. I'm not sure anymore whether this is a good
idea or not. There are too many variables that can't be controlled. The Idea
everyone would have to pass thru a metal detector was was just that an Idea,
it can't be done to anyones satisfaction. DC still has a total ban on guns in public
and you probably can't get a permit to own one there or a gunstore where you
could buy one anyway. So tell me how this would not end up being a goverment sponsored blood bath if some idiot starts shooting.
Old February 13, 2009, 10:31   #11
M2MG
Registered

If we can't all make it to DC, we need to organize local marches to our state capitals, fed offices or maybe a congress critter's office. If your state allows open carry, that decision is for each of us to make. Those states that don't have open carry, can still bring pitch forks and torches (lit or unlit, YMMV) still make a powerful statement.

M2MG

your gear.

The tree of freedom grows the strongest when its watered with the blood of tyrants.
Old February 13, 2009, 10:44   #12
stonewall
Registered

FALaholic #: 7172
I think this is a great idea and I support it to the fullest extent that I can, I am sure that all of us that understand what is happening to this country, The attack's on The Constitution of the United States, especially the 2nd Amendment will be there, or will help in some way to support this movement.

The naysayer's as usual will try to find reasons to sit it out and let the few do what is required, The naysayer's will find every reason under the sun why we (the one's who will be going or supporting this movement) should not, they will complain that we should not do this because the government might make us walk through metal detector's, the government might get mad at us, call out the army on us, so on and so forth.

When people are afraid of our government because they (the Government) disregard the Constitution, make up law's that violate the Constitution, when our people can not feel secure in there own home's for fear that some BATF, or other agency thug's may come knocking on your door at 3:00 am, then it is time to start showing the people in Washington that they still work for us.

I am not a politically correct person and I am not a highly educated person so my comment's, wording & spelling probably offend some here. if I do tough shit SUCK IT UP.
stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 00:04   #13
tuck0411
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29165
Interesting discussion of this here:
http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/20...ng-6/#comments
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." -- John Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you
are ruined." - Patrick Henry

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." -- Samuel Adams

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences." -- C.S. Lewis
tuck0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 12:41   #14
Blue Monster
Registered

FALaholic #: 21622
Every time I look to check out this site or group their web site is down?
Me, conspiracy, bad ISP, filtered??
But I cannot find anything on this event that will open?

I bet those gun grabbing libs are blocking it or recording ISP hits
Old February 14, 2009, 15:05   #15
AndyC
Porridge Wog
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19755
I believe they changed the name to the Second Amendment March

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 15:16   #16
beerme
Registered

FALaholic #: 4124
Hi all!

All I get when I link to the page is "HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden".

Strange....very strange....

Cheers!
me

Oops!...just saw the other link, ....never mind
Old February 14, 2009, 15:22   #17
AndyC
Porridge Wog
Contributor

From what I understand, the name and the URL were changed - because not everyone can get to DC but are still able to get to their local state capital - and they didn't want our foes to trumpet it as a failure if 1 million folks didn't show up specifically in DC.

Old February 14, 2009, 15:40   #18
M2MG
Registered

The thread title and website link have been updated..

Thanks Andy for pointing out the change

M2MG

your gear.

Last edited by M2MG; February 14, 2009 at 15:51.
Old February 14, 2009, 16:29   #19
AndyC
Porridge Wog
Contributor

Awesome - now I can make it a sticky.

Old May 25, 2009, 08:58   #20
Firestarter
Registered

FALaholic #: 11413
So where are we at with this?

Why so little interest?
Firestarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2012, 11:19   #21
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
FEAR
Old December 30, 2012, 16:02   #22
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

FALaholic #: 28548
http://iiikentucky.wordpress.com/201...-on-frankfort/

March planned for Frankfort, Kentucky, Jan 8.
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2012, 16:03   #23
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

FALaholic #: 28548
http://tlinexile.blogspot.com/2012/1...to-states.html

Rally at Colorado state capitol, Jan 9th.
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2013, 04:12   #24
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
There is gaining interest in this march, no reason to fear, what will be will be.

I'm ready to march.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2013, 23:20   #25
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I'm still here.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Old January 07, 2013, 23:30   #26
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
The link on the first post is out of order, no worky.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2013, 00:11   #27
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
The link on the first post is out of order, no worky.

Prolly cause it's 4 years old. I'd be willing to spend a week day at some blue
state capital and let them see what they are dealing with.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Old January 09, 2013, 18:39   #28
Mark IV
Registered

FALaholic #: 50937
"Site off-line
Second Amendment March is currently offline. We are not planning any further activities at this time.
Thank you for your support."
Old August 15, 2013, 18:29   #29
JeffJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 5212
Looks like .gov 1 internet patriots 0.
JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote