The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Shotgun Files

Notices

Old November 10, 2017, 23:48   #1
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
Remington 1100 slug barrel

I was digging in the gun safe today and came across my Remington 1100 rifled slug barrel. I realized I havenít used this barrel in almost 20 years. Itís amazing what gets lost in the gun safe.

Now, my question is would there be any interest from Falfile members if it was put up for sale in the marketplace for it? Or should I just put it up for sale on Gunbroker?

I would be willing to make a trade for a smooth bore barrel too.
grumpy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2017, 13:32   #2
K. Funk
Real Life Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
How long is it and is it rifled? Does it have sights? I may be interested.

Thanks,

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2017, 10:46   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
How much? Would buy if not looking for top dollar then look for host. Be better off going to someone who already has a host.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 22:01   #4
grumpy1
Registered

Thanks for the interest by all. I was contacted on the day I started this post and a member contacted me via pm, and we came to an arrangement. Payment has been seen but not yet arrived.

However, to address the questions asked anyway. The barrel is a Remington brand barrel, 21 inches long, fully rifled, with rifle sights on it.

I’m not looking for top dollar.

Last edited by grumpy1; November 14, 2017 at 22:10.
Old November 17, 2017, 22:03   #5
grumpy1
Registered

The barrel has been sold to a FALfiles member. Thanks for the interst in the barrel.
Old November 20, 2017, 16:57   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Smart on someone to move quickly rather than wait for the collective to hash the subject around. Nothing like a good rifled slug gun and some 50 caliber copper solid sabot slugs or well matched Brenneke slugs to put an absolute thumping on something. A friend of mine is a huge slug gun shooter and has an Ithaca Deerslayer and a Savage 212 along with a mix of Remington semiauto's and other dedicated slug guns.

Ithaca Deerslayer have shot sub 2.1" group with its preferred slug but my friend could shoot tighter groups with both.

Savage 212 have shot 1.7" group but its slow. It does shine at 200 yards with super hot sabot slugs grouping 3.8" with me running it. Owner of the two shot this one better than I did as well.

Have rifled chokes for two of my scatter guns but no dedicated rifled slug gun. The Ithaca at $1,500 is a bit steep for a gun might shoot a couple times a decade if that but it's free float barrel and 4+1 pump speed for follow ups is a nice gun with lots of options from premium wood to thumb hole stock and even a tactical model. The Savage is half the price, has a better trigger and shoots a smaller group sometimes. Slug guns can be very selective on ammo selection. A slug that shoots under 2 MOA out of my friends Ithaca may shoot 4 MOA out of the Savage but another that shoots 1.5 MOA out of the Savage might shoot 5 MOA out of the Ithaca. What would really like is a Remington Versamax Tactical with the 3" Mag 25" rifled slug barrel option. Likely give up some accuracy but maybe not and the autoloader is bound to shoot a little softer and it's 8+1 capacity would make it a heck of a zombie buster. Have shot the Ithaca and the Savage but never even held the Remington Tactical with slug barrel option. Anyone shot the Versa Max with a slug barrel rather than a rifled choke tube?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2017, 18:41   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
What are the barrels worth. Have friend buying his father in laws 1100 and it comes with a slug barrel

I'm not trolling cuz it's a done deal

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2017, 21:34   #8
grumpy1
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
What are the barrels worth. Have friend buying his father in laws 1100 and it comes with a slug barrel

I'm not trolling cuz it's a done deal
Well the standard answer applies, it worth what someone will pay for it. With that said I sold my barrel for $150 including shipping. There is definitely a market for 1100 barrels, itís just a matter of finding a buy that is interested in one. I was lucky and had several people interested in my barrel.
Old November 21, 2017, 21:35   #9
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
Well the standard answer applies, it worth what someone will pay for it. With that said I sold my barrel for $150 including shipping. There is definitely a market for 1100 barrels, itís just a matter of finding a buy that is interested in one. I was lucky and had several people interested in my barrel.
Appreciate it. I'll pass it along

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote