The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The SIG Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2017, 16:41   #1
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 13,826
Convert 226 9mm DAO to SA/DA

Can I convert my 226 DAO to a SA/DA.....myself or do I have to send it back
To Sig?
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 17:25   #2
pl521
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 74645
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 714
Yes. I converted a Sig 228. Had to replace hammer and the decocker (bearing, spring and lever. Can get parts from Numrich.

Here is a thread describing procedure.

http://sigtalk.com/#/topics/23203

Last edited by pl521; October 15, 2017 at 17:31.
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2017, 11:50   #3
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor
 
MAINER's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 18465
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 9,219
You can handle this. I did a P229 with parts from Brownell's for about $75.00. The job wasn't bad, but I was not all that familiar with Sigs so it took me longer than the experts.

No alterations to the pistol were needed, just changing the hammer and installing the Decocking lever parts. The required holes were already in place and the Grips had the clearance cut for the lever.

The DAK models are not so easy from what I read about it.
__________________
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
MAINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2017, 20:48   #4
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 13,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINER View Post
You can handle this. I did a P229 with parts from Brownell's for about $75.00. The job wasn't bad, but I was not all that familiar with Sigs so it took me longer than the experts.

No alterations to the pistol were needed, just changing the hammer and installing the Decocking lever parts. The required holes were already in place and the Grips had the clearance cut for the lever.

The DAK models are not so easy from what I read about it.
I was looking at Numerich for the parts but all their stuff is surplus. Somehow I ended up with a decocker but need the pivot plate spring and hammer. Slow said
He would help me do it.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2017, 22:28   #5
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor
 
W.E.G.'s Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1211
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 39,277
The next guy won't pay a premium for a converted gun.

So, if you do it, do it for YOU and only you.

And guns such as this appear in your rear view mirror sooner than you might expect.
__________________
.
.
.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 22:10   #6
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 13,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
The next guy won't pay a premium for a converted gun.

So, if you do it, do it for YOU and only you.

And guns such as this appear in your rear view mirror sooner than you might expect.

Yayaya
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2017, 10:44   #7
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor
 
MAINER's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 18465
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 9,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
I was looking at Numerich for the parts but all their stuff is surplus. Somehow I ended up with a decocker but need the pivot plate spring and hammer. Slow said
He would help me do it.
Brownies; Parts were ordered for a P229, but believe they will fit any P model.
732-000-133WB $44.99 Hammer
732-000-029WB $4.99 Dec. lever spring
732-000-028WB $8.99 Dec. lever bushing
732-000-023WB $15.99 Dec lever

You might find a cheaper hammer somewhere, but I didn't want to buy a "Pig in a poke". New is good.


WEG, I don't know how anyone would know if it's converted or not. Nothing is modified and the pistols are built with the same frames with the DAO models just lacking the Decock Lever, bushing, and spring and equipped with the DAO hammer.
__________________
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

Last edited by MAINER; October 18, 2017 at 10:55.
MAINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files