Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old July 17, 2017, 11:59   #1
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
the stupid meter off of all scales

this is so stupid that you cannot make this up

I would refer to them as idiots or morons but that would be rather harsh on real morons and idiots that do not deserve to be classified with these "things"

what purpose is served by refusing to acknowledge true facts presented by straight white men

Quote:
Academics and scholars must be mindful about using research done by only straight, white men, according to two scientists who argued that it oppresses diverse voices and bolsters the status of already privileged and established white male scholars.

Geographers Carrie Mott and Daniel Cockayne argued in a recent paper that doing so also perpetuates what they call “white heteromasculinism,” which they defined as a “system of oppression” that benefits only those who are “white, male, able-bodied, economically privileged, heterosexual, and cisgendered.” (Cisgendered describes people whose gender identity matches their birth sex.)

Mott, a professor at Rutgers University in New Jersey, and Cockayne, who teaches at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, argued that scholars or researchers disproportionately cite the work of white men, thereby unfairly adding credence to the body of knowledge they offer while ignoring the voices of other groups, like women and black male academics. Although citation seems like a mundane practice, the feminist professors argue that citing someone's work has implications on his or her ability to be hired, get promoted and obtain tenured status, among others.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.273391438c54
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 12:28   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I believe they are right if they focus a bit and say "liberal white men". Nothing they say is worth a hoot.
Old July 17, 2017, 12:33   #3
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
I like how they classify 'geographers' as 'scientists'. Anyone else catch that?
Old July 17, 2017, 13:02   #4
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Just more from The Entitled
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 13:54   #5
Bug Tussell
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 2872
So sayeth white folk dissin' other white folk ...

This is what masturbating without using your hands looks like.
Old July 17, 2017, 14:12   #6
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
If we only accept the word of poofters as truth, next you know we'll all be owning bullpups.
308/223shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 16:03   #7
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
this is so stupid that you cannot make this up

I would refer to them as idiots or morons but that would be rather harsh on real morons and idiots that do not deserve to be classified with these "things"

what purpose is served by refusing to acknowledge true facts presented by straight white men

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.273391438c54

I thought science was colorblind and only went by the quality of research and data generated? If whites dominate science, which they have, isn't that a matter of their ability, along with overall population?

Jews are a tiny minority, yet grossly over-represented in science and scientific achievements. Should there be restrictions on how many Jews win the Nobel Prize so that other groups get a "fair chance," or do we only want the most groundbreaking discoveries to be the eligibility requirement? Whites and Asians are going to dominate unless they lower the standards enough that other minorities get representation proportionate to their population (but in excess of their ability).

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 16:04   #8
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
I like how they classify 'geographers' as 'scientists'. Anyone else catch that?
They deserve the term more than sociologists - who claim to be as well.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 17:12   #9
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
If we only accept the word of poofters as truth, next you know we'll all be owning bullpups.

Hahahahaha, ain't that the Truth.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 17:20   #10
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Tussell View Post
So sayeth white folk dissin' other white folk ...

This is what masturbating without using your hands looks like.
That sounds like a Martin post though he would say something more like "tugging your tallywhacker"

And yes, it's somewhat an open season on Caucasians starting to build. Funny thing is that many of the younger or intellectual caucs are in on the ride as long as it's the establishment, and that be us.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 17:51   #11
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Hundreds of thousands of academic things get published every year. These folks are practicing a technique that relies on claiming outrageous bullshit to get published. The only reason you have heard of it is because it is outrageous bullshit.

In a decade, all these types of papers will be forgotten. Or maybe a few weeks. There is already a huge backlash against this nonsense. Just ignore them.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 18:52   #12
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
That sounds like a Martin post though he would say something more like "tugging your tallywhacker"

And yes, it's somewhat an open season on Caucasians starting to build. Funny thing is that many of the younger or intellectual caucs are in on the ride as long as it's the establishment, and that be us.
QUOTE=meltblown;4451882]That sounds like a Martin post though he would say something more like "tugging your tallywhacke
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 20:16   #13
Riversidesports
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
(Cisgendered describes people whose gender identity matches their birth sex.)

Can't you just see Rowjimmiy debating his Pansexuality against Cisgerderism...
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 20:52   #14
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
I thought science was colorblind and only went by the quality of research and data generated? If whites dominate science, which they have, isn't that a matter of their ability, along with overall population?

Jews are a tiny minority, yet grossly over-represented in science and scientific achievements. Should there be restrictions on how many Jews win the Nobel Prize so that other groups get a "fair chance," or do we only want the most groundbreaking discoveries to be the eligibility requirement? Whites and Asians are going to dominate unless they lower the standards enough that other minorities get representation proportionate to their population (but in excess of their ability).
These people are demanding equality in actual achievement, vs a bias free environment to compete equally with all others.

They want a finger, foot, brick, 1000 round block of 308 stacked on the scale of equality, but it MUST be all in their favor.

Sadly, this shit is pervasive in the thinking of many people.
Old July 17, 2017, 20:57   #15
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

The problem with RJ is you never really know what he believes.

He has posted that he intentionally f_cks with people to explore subjects. So who knows.
Old July 17, 2017, 22:14   #16
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
The problem with RJ is you never really know what he believes.

He has posted that he intentionally f_cks with people to explore subjects. So who knows.
Dunno. Hope springs eternal from the cold weather bunch of crackers. Hate to break it to you guys up there. Going bowling, snow machines and freezing your ass off doesn't give you the upper hand. This time of year we are having payback time for our sins while you guys are enjoying the summer.

Too hot here to worry much about winter when all the hard core Norseman come here to tell us how we need to quit acting redneck

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2017, 23:35   #17
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Dunno. Hope springs eternal from the cold weather bunch of crackers. Hate to break it to you guys up there. Going bowling, snow machines and freezing your ass off doesn't give you the upper hand. This time of year we are having payback time for our sins while you guys are enjoying the summer.

Too hot here to worry much about winter when all the hard core Norseman come here to tell us how we need to quit acting redneck

I like redneck. These f_ckin scandanavians are annoying. I'm not from here. I'm a minority. Chicks are awesome but they are all 6 foot tall and weigh 200 plus by age 30.

BTW, winter clothes are much improved. You would love ice fishing. My shack is 75 degrees and has satellite and sofas.

And I'm still waiting to hear about the Dallas shoot.

Old July 18, 2017, 02:35   #18
Riversidesports
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
I like redneck. These f_ckin scandanavians are annoying. I'm not from here. I'm a minority. Chicks are awesome but they are all 6 foot tall and weigh 200 plus by age 30.

BTW, winter clothes are much improved. You would love ice fishing. My shack is 75 degrees and has satellite and sofas.

And I'm still waiting to hear about the Dallas shoot.

Well 6' Blondes are a great fit for me
as far as 200#+ by 30, shit man you must have never been down south brother.
Down there many are well over 200#s by 25 and most are WELL under 6'

We were running Dish network on fishing shacks back in the late 90s here, some resorts were huge in cloning cards back then
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2017, 09:37   #19
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
(Cisgendered describes people whose gender identity matches their birth sex.)

Cisgerderism...
what other kind of gender is there, really?

i'm not talking about magical thinking and purple flying unicorns and midaeval cosplay and all of that juvenile crap.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2017, 09:43   #20
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Not all bad things can be "ameliorated" as Jefferson said and made better using the democratic processes,,, but good stuff can always be made worser,,, there's too damn much ameliorating goin' on,,, and I said this without touching my private parts,,, try it and see if it don't work for you.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2017, 11:06   #21
fnogger
Registered

FALaholic #: 51053
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post

Because education has been a religious mandate for centuries... read "Why Jews don't farm" - http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/e...dont_farm.html
Old July 18, 2017, 11:26   #22
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnogger View Post
Because education has been a religious mandate for centuries... read "Why Jews don't farm" - http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/e...dont_farm.html
That's a good read.
It does forget or not discuss one aspect of this though.
Its far easier to pack up your education, skills, and knowledge, than your farm land, crops, and livestock when you need to run for your life when the recurrent purges occurred.
Old July 18, 2017, 12:11   #23
Jolly Rodgers
Registered

FALaholic #: 15882
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
what other kind of gender is there, really?

i'm not talking about magical thinking and purple flying unicorns and midaeval cosplay and all of that juvenile crap.
There is cisgender, and there is disease, physical or mental.
Jolly Rodgers is online now   Reply With Quote