The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old June 16, 2019, 10:22   #1
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Father's Day?

Huh, so this is it. I am a single Dad, and my kid is out of the country doing the exchange student thing. She did text me this morning though. Glad she is thinking about old dad. My Mom usually calls to tell me how proud she is of the kind of father I am, but I have not heard from her yet.

I have stripped the bed and am washing sheets and the comforter, did darks yesterday and will do shorts and socks later. My big goal for the day is to knock out a couple hundred 9mm reloads. Am thawing some 80-20 in the fridge for a nice burger later. Oh happy day.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 10:49   #2
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Happy Father's Day Timberwolf.

I had the pleasure of seeing my father (and mom) last week. It was good to see them again.
Old June 16, 2019, 10:51   #3
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Daughter made me a Key lime pie and bought me a pound of Black Rifle Coffee beans. We get along real good.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 11:47   #4
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
A Happy Father's Day to you, Wolf, as well as the rest of the dad's on here.

This is my first, and I couldn't be happier with my wife and 6.5 month old daughter. Daughter is cute as heck, happy, healthy, and developing right on track. Can't ask for much more than that. I'm going to the gym, then it's family fun by the pool and grill at the in-laws.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 18:00   #5
AFeod
Registered

FALaholic #: 75606
Happy Fatherís Day gents! Congrats to you Lew on your first. I was able to get a 13.5 mile mountain bike in this morning, to come home to waffles with the family and some good espresso. Then off to the lake for a beach day and a good paddle on the SUP. Now the q is going and chickens been marinating since last night. Good day!

Oh yeah, my 460 Rowland conversion kit showed up in the mail! Another check in the awesome day box.
Old June 16, 2019, 18:28   #6
SAM1965
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 68344
Happy Fathers Day

Picked up my son Friday mid morning and headed to one of the Maricopa county campgrounds. We set up then headed to a Brazilian Steakhouse. It was pretty good and we enjoyed ourselves. Saturday we just explored some areas I didnít really know then to a range and watched some folks competing. My son was kind of wowed by it. Had to explain the dedication to practice etc... and money involved. But did tell him that when we shoot and he applies himself consistently... Iíd look into seeing if we could explore competition shooting together. Then grilled steaks and had a relaxing evening. Sunday breakfast was each their own and hooked up the toy hauler and then dropped him off to mom in Casa Grande. I have to work tonight.....
SAM1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2019, 12:27   #7
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFeod View Post
Happy Fatherís Day gents! Congrats to you Lew on your first.
Thank ya, sir. Daughter, wife, and I were bushed by last night, but it was a great time with the family.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is online now   Reply With Quote