The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old May 12, 2018, 20:05   #901
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
That is the issue. China and Russia have invested in fewer but new technology to evade interception. Russia especially has let the old systems rot (as Huey pointed out) and focused on new warheads so each missile carries multiple warheads which can detect interceptors and move to avoid interception and deploy decoys. The hypersonics are also interesting because they can take out critical infrastucture without nukes. Where the hypersonics are deployed is very interesting. You saw the TU-95 interception yesterday. What if ......
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 23:34   #902
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
C2, are you referring to the hypersonics taking out the grid with non-nuke EMPs?
legolas1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 09:30   #903
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
The US is like a giant with a glass jaw, one hit in the right place and we are done. It is ironic, with all that has been spent on the military and weapons, one backwater nation can take us out with 1 relatively small EMP nuke. In any nuke attack the US would have to destroy every single incoming warhead, we would have to be right 100% of the time, an enemy needs only 1 to get through, they need to be right only 1% of the time.

The odds are not in our favor.
Or just the sun being hyperactive on a day when the earth's magnetic poles are in a weak state and majority of planet facing the sun if not entire planet goes down to no malicious intent but mother nature. Glad we are finally moving some of our major distribution transformer manufacturing back U.S. soil. Post grid melt we won't be waiting for China to feel like shipping transformers if they rebuild anytime soon.

Have always had a healthy respect for mother earth and our own corner of the galaxy. Look at Hawaii right now... I see California earthquakes (not to mention politics) have taken shelter in steam vents all over the Cascades so know Washington State and Oregon could bust open anytime, been all over Yellowstone in summer and winter and on both sides and something about acid boiling out of the ground just isn't right, Bismark in January and know that will suck without power as not many trees to burn when -40 with 40 MPH winds, northeast bleeding heart liberals, noreasters, costal hurricanes and more so feel our biggest threats are nature and ourselves. Why I have prepped for as many things as I can without dot gov resources or Bill Gates cash. Choose to live in a geological stable area away from the coast and conservative politics with Bible believing population. Also keep a keen eye on items inside a short drive from house already on trailers or that will slide on mine in first hours of an event.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 10:38   #904
C2A1
Registered

and other key items.
http://mil-embedded.com/news/raytheo...-research-lab/
Old May 13, 2018, 10:44   #905
C2A1
Registered

A bit dated but the seismic velocities are increasing. The line runs up the Hudson and out along long island sound toward Boston. Boston has one about ever 200 years. Come to think about it, all the places that have these types of events tend to have progressive liberals living there.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...really-big-one
Old May 13, 2018, 10:49   #906
C2A1
Registered

Boston.
https://news.stanford.edu/news/1997/...uakeindex.html
Old May 13, 2018, 14:41   #907
Fn/form
Registered

FALaholic #: 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Here are part of the EMP commission reports. There are 7 volumes that are being held back from public release.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2...ission-7MB.pdf
www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a484672.pdf
https://michaelmabee.info/three-new-...orts-released/
Thank you.
Fn/form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 17:54   #908
Potshot
Registered

FALaholic #: 6398
"Come to think about it, all the places that have these types of events tend to have progressive liberals living there."

Well, I guess it really is all their fault then, isn't it?
Old May 13, 2018, 20:41   #909
C2A1
Registered

From up north.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/column...ffer-solutions
Old May 24, 2018, 12:32   #910
C2A1
Registered

Back from whacky land. Got to chat with Peter. Certain things better but a lot of resistance. Interesting discussion with Japanese military folks on Chna.
I think what I find most amazing is how the leftists are so against this country and how we as a nation put up with it. They are really nuts and are very willing to die for the cause as long as it takes us out.
Just an example of the logic and "expertise".
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/doe.../17/id/860908/
Old June 05, 2018, 11:28   #911
C2A1
Registered

Working to get another document here from the task force on Russian capabilities but this document this was referenced in it.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...istory/559124/
Old June 11, 2018, 12:22   #912
C2A1
Registered

This horror story doesn’t need zombies or genetically altered mosquitos in order to be scary. Using data from the United States Department of Energy, the International Business Times reported in 2014 that the United States suffers more blackouts than any other developed country in the world.
Unfortunately, not much has been done since then to alleviate the system’s critical vulnerabilities.
In theory, we all understand the wisdom about not putting all our eggs in one basket, as the old-adage goes. Yet the U.S. has done just that with our U.S. power grid. Sadly, this infrastructure is failing, and compared to many other countries, the U.S. is sauntering slowly behind many other more conscientious countries, seemingly unconcerned with its poor showing.
The Grid, by Geography and Geopolitics
According to the United States Department of Energy, the American power grid is made up of three smaller grids, known as interconnections, which transport energy all over the country. The Eastern Interconnection provides electricity to states to the east of the Rocky Mountains, while the Western interconnection serves the Rocky Mountain states and those that border the Pacific Ocean.
The Texas Interconnected System is the smallest grid in the nation, and serves most of Texas, although small portions of the Lone Star state benefit from the other two grids.
And if you’re wondering why Texas gets a grid of its own, according to the Texas Tribune they have their own grid “to avoid dealing with the feds.” Now that’s true survivalist savvy—in theory.

When you look at the layout of the grid above, it’s easy to see that a single grid going offline would disrupt a huge segment of North America.
Wait—make that all of North America.
To give it to you straight, our national electrical grid works as an interdependent network. This means that the failure of any one part would trigger the borrowing of energy from other areas. Whichever grid attempts to carry the extra load would likely be overtaxed, as the grid is already taxed to near max levels during peak hot or cold seasons.
The aftermath of a single grid going down could leave millions of residents without power for days, weeks or longer depending on the scope of the failure.
So although on the surface it looks like the U.S. has wisely put its eggs into three separate baskets for safer keeping, the U.S. has in essence, lined up our baskets so that if one were to drop, or if the bottom were to fall out, the eggs from basket #1 would fall into basket #2. Which would break from the load, falling into basket #3—eventually scrambling all the eggs. Sorry, Texas.
When multiple parts of the grid fail at the same time, it’s not necessarily more catastrophic—the catastrophe just happens more quickly.
According to Jon Wellinghoff, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, in an interview with USA Today, “You have a very vulnerable system that will continue to be vulnerable until we figure out a way to break it out into more distributed systems.”
Written by Julianne Geiger a couple of years ago. This is why you don't need a huge EMP pulse to cascade the system ( or cyber or a ground attack at key locations ie:San Jose)
Old June 11, 2018, 13:09   #913
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
A good friend of mine is in the power business. For the last decade he has been pushing for micro grids. They are doing some projects right now in Alaska. From solar/micro turbines to software to manage it.
Old June 11, 2018, 17:27   #914
C2A1
Registered

I've got part of another. Once I get in the right format I'll post.
http://thehill.com/opinion/internati...angers-america
Old June 13, 2018, 07:49   #915
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
There’s a layer of 300 million-year-old rock under Interstate 95 that’s capable of killing the lights from Washington to Boston and beyond the next time the sun erupts in all its fury.
Sound far-fetched? Perhaps. But not to scientists. A solar storm is now viewed as enough of a risk in fact that grid operators across North America are working on plans to respond to just such a disturbance. And a draft of a soon-to-be-published U.S. Geological Survey report pinpoints the Eastern Seaboard as one of the areas most in danger.
Quote:
That’s because this Paleozoic-era rock doesn’t let the energy from a major geomagnetic storm -- a once-in-a-100-years kind of event -- pass through it but instead acts as a backstop that sends the surge back up above the ground for a second shot at causing mayhem.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...-to-power-grid
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2018, 17:23   #916
C2A1
Registered

https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/pos.../18/id/866801/
Old June 22, 2018, 18:38   #917
C2A1
Registered

More from Peter:
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/arm.../21/id/867525/
Old Yesterday, 12:52   #918
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
I think I'll drop this here as this is a much trafficked thread.

A fairly interesting 12 minutes.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:56   #919
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
I think I'll drop this here as this is a much trafficked thread.

A fairly interesting 12 minutes.
90 men, working together, with a simple plan, can shut down the whole of the USA inside 5 to 10 days.

Am surprised every single day it has not been done yet.
Old Yesterday, 17:45   #920
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
possibly 45 YH, yes very surprised too.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:02   #921
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
90 men, working together, with a simple plan, can shut down the whole of the USA inside 5 to 10 days.

Of the nations which have the capability right now to disable our grid remotely, I do not think any of them have a business case to do so. And they have not offered to rent those services to the nations who think they have a moral and religious duty to do so.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:13   #922
C2A1
Registered

We are dancing on the head of a pin. Sooner or later it will unwind. Of the folks I talk too, they believe AI maybe the way out of the immediate problem because AI can operate in solving multi-dimensional issues. I am aware of one problem that had been worked on for 3 years by PhDs and two guys with basic BS degrees used an AI program and solved the problem in 2 weeks. Like EMP, will we act upon the solutions and will the cure be worse than the disease.
Old Yesterday, 19:53   #923
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Of the nations which have the capability right now to disable our grid remotely, I do not think any of them have a business case to do so. And they have not offered to rent those services to the nations who think they have a moral and religious duty to do so.
Its not just the grid I'm concerned about, far simpler than that.

Everything we have in this country moves by truck at some point, this country is VAST in size, impossible to guard our roads.

Shut down the trucking industry, even just slow down the movement of all goods, people will begin to die in short order, but the resulting panic is what does the real damage.

90 men, 90 targets, drivers, in 90 different locations, at the exact same minute of a chosen day, the trucking industry of this whole country shuts down before midnight hits.

Figure five to 7 days, to organize armed convoys, store shelves will be empty, people will be hungry, power plants out of whatever they need to run, electrical grid shutdowns, computers not fixed when broken, fuel shortages, or simply no fuel, people are not eating, water plants fail, no chemicals, no electricity, people can't get to work, where they work can't move their products, commerce comes to a stand still.

Once panic sets in, all of the old hatreds boil over, people begin shooting at one another, hospitals become war zones, police can't handle issues on a good day, with a small problem, with everyplace in the toilet, they go home to protect their own families, things then escalate out of all control.

Why 90 drivers in 90 different locations, psychological warfare.
We get one terror attack, all resources are rushed into that one area, with 90 connected attacks, which will shut down the whole transportation system, as in, mama won't let her husband go drive them trucks, if he's going to get shot, the system stops working.

I'd expect the military to be called in, but hell, there are not enough trained truck drivers, and even if impressed into duty, would take a week or 10 days to ramp up the system, and by then, all hell has already broke out everywhere in this country.

300,000,000 plus Americans, 5,000,000 GI's, another 300,000 police, no one can control 300,000,000 hungry, scared, thirsty, panicked people, no one!

Three days of food in peoples home, on average, maybe one day of water, just in time stocking of stores, as in, no truck tonight at Safeway, no food tomorrow, panic takes over, store runs, police can't cope, banks shutdown, people stop going to work, just pure panic of the masses takes over and it all comes troubling down.

Wait 24 hours, use those 90 men to shoot up everything not protected in the power grid, which is a ton of stuff.

Just ask yourself, if say 90 men, targeted 90 different locations, things, places, peoples, connected to transportation, electrical grid, movement of peoples, what would happen?????

Add in, how people react to stress, how they panic, hell, hit the communication systems, watch what happens when the "news" is only being put out by the feds, the nutters would use that action to become even more major nutters and we have more than our fair share of them folks.

Martial law would have to be declared, and that right there would increase the panic in the streets, set off tons of, don't thread on me folks, which would call for an even stronger response, which would piss off even more people on the fringes.

Our country, this mostly peaceful, working high status national community, fully functional today, can be all gone within 24 hours.

We are now and have always been only 9 meals away from anarchy.

As an old survivalist, I asked myself one day, how would I shut down this country?

The answer was, 90 men, in 90 different locations.
Pretty simple actually.
With an interdependent country such as we have today.
Knock out one leg, whole thing falls apart from its own weight.
Nearly overnight and not a damn thing can be done once it slips into chaos.
Old Yesterday, 20:04   #924
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
"watch what happens when the "news" is only being put out by the MSM"
FIFY
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:23   #925
C2A1
Registered

There are other choke points also. Physical and electronic. That is why if push comes to shove, a war will not have to be firearms. What she discusses is true. As systems grow in complexity they become more vulnerable and a cascade can be induced easily. The San Jose attack is a prime example of a test run. As has been said it is amazing it hasn't happened yet.
Old Yesterday, 20:33   #926
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post
"watch what happens when the "news" is only being put out by the MSM"
FIFY
True, they would do their part to create pure panic among the masses, 100% for sure they would.

Last few days, nearly all of them have been screaming Trump is Hitler, death camps on the southern borders, nursing babies being ripped from the arms of their mothers, yea, the American press would have a field day with a real emergency, creating even more panic and chaos.
Old Yesterday, 20:38   #927
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
There are other choke points also. Physical and electronic. That is why if push comes to shove, a war will not have to be firearms. What she discusses is true. As systems grow in complexity they become more vulnerable and a cascade can be induced easily. The San Jose attack is a prime example of a test run. As has been said it is amazing it hasn't happened yet.
Yep, the "Commander Scott" analogy.

The more super the toilet, the easier it is to muck up the plumbing.

Third world countries might not even notice, but 1st world countries, will destroy themselves if one leg is pulled out from under the table.
Old Yesterday, 21:00   #928
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
The longer we go with more and more advanced technology, more nodes, more connections, more complex interconnectedness, the more minor of an event it will take to tip the system into cascading failure.

Plan accordingly. Live simply.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:53   #929
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
The longer we go with more and more advanced technology, more nodes, more connections, more complex interconnectedness, the more minor of an event it will take to tip the system into cascading failure.

Plan accordingly. Live simply.
Be well armed too!
Old Today, 00:13   #930
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Yes, I wonder too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

Yes, the deal is NO ONe wants to come off as crazy/premature/jumping the gun, etc. I Think. OR there are not enough Men who ARE willing to walk away from all they have earned in life? Ready to give their Life?

No one wants civil War But I Believe it is coming and not that far away, Gun CONTROL Crap will start it is My hit .
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is online now   Reply With Quote