The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old June 10, 2018, 15:37   #1
madrad62
Registered

FALaholic #: 78107
rules and regs

I have chance to pick up a g3 or 91 parts kit with the barrel on the real cheap. whats the rules on using the trigger group? Can I use it as is,just swap the semi parts into it,or must I go another direction?Can I use the bolt as is or must I cut out for the feeler?Do the current manufactored receiver allow for the stock trigger group?Why do dogs spin in circles before they fertilise the yard?
thanks for any help or whip lashes.
madrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2018, 18:01   #2
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
They make clipped and pinned lowers for the HK ...Prob for the best to clip and pin it.. .Full auto bolt carries last I checked ( not a lawyer ) are ok ..The C93 from century often had the FA bolt carries in them as do a lot of kits gun ....

Dog spins to flatten out the grass to look for snake

Hope this helps a little
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2018, 20:57   #3
madrad62
Registered

So are all the new manufactured receivers made to have the lower clipped in the front and still pinned in the rear,or is there still the pinned in the front and rear style made?
I have one of those real ugly aluminum century receiver guns and maybe a parts kit.I would like to put the semi stuff from the ugo in the parts kit lower and get a new upper that pins both ends of the lower and between both pile of crap make a normal looking,but semi auto piece.
Is this doable?and is it legal?I'm not able to do this myself,I would surely have it sent to a builder if its legal in that configuration.
Old June 10, 2018, 21:28   #4
HK556WI
Registered

FALaholic #: 63532
The way you must go is.

In order to use the trigger pack. It must be converted to semi auto only.

You can use a full auto BCG with no issues.

You can have the trigger housing clipped and pinned to fit on the shelf.

But, You must have the shelf. You are not allowed to remove it.

If you really want to get a new rifle made. Buy a PTR receiver and send that century pos to Parrabellum Combat Systems to be made into a excellent rifle. If you do this. Don't forget to add the built in shell deflector and the paddle magazine release.
HK556WI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 06:34   #5
madrad62
Registered

Thats what I was looking for!
Don't get me wrong,that giant ass aluminium POS does actually work,it,s just way ugly.I had thought of milling off a few ths. all around and fileing my ass off to get the 40 grit feeling off and reshape it a little,but in the end it would still be that giant ass ugly POS.
A friend of mine has one of the ugly's and a almost new parts kit w/barrel that he wants to broom for $600.00. Wont sell separate.So I would end up with two uglys and a parts kit.His ugly does'nt work so well.
I looked through all the parts and can only find a couple markings[B2 on one of the carriers,shield with maybe a V in it on trigger group,no barrel markings any where] But the stuff looks in plenty good shape.
Is there a market for unmarked parts?[do a build and sell the rest and get mine for free or at low cost]. where did these unmarked parts come from?
thanks for the heads up.
If outer space is a vacume,why isn,t my wife up there using it?
Old June 11, 2018, 07:49   #6
Klaus Von Richter
Registered

FALaholic #: 75823
Converting a Full auto trigger pack take some tools. You will need a die grinder/Dremel, drill press, and a welder. Or you can buy a semiauto pack.
Old June 11, 2018, 08:19   #7
madrad62
Registered

I'll end with two semi auto century boat anchors[Ialready have one] and one parts kit to work with.hopfully the trigger groups can be used as is[fingers crossed] as they are already cut at the front and are semi only from century.
They are marked FA 91 Federal ordnance on the mag well and centurian 99 on the bottom by the front trunion.Just plain ugly,I inherited the one I already have.
Old June 11, 2018, 13:16   #8
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrad62 View Post
I'll end with two semi auto century boat anchors[Ialready have one] and one parts kit to work with.hopfully the trigger groups can be used as is[fingers crossed] as they are already cut at the front and are semi only from century.
They are marked FA 91 Federal ordnance on the mag well and centurian 99 on the bottom by the front trunion.Just plain ugly,I inherited the one I already have.

The Fed ord guns are infamons for blowing up as I recale ..Pot metal and they just dont last long ..So look into that .

And yeah as other said shelf and semi auto only trigger stuff you should be good to go ...
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 19:57   #9
seasmoke
Registered

FALaholic #: 71770
Receiver aside, you will likely have a decent/good early G3 import kit. HK/FMP perhaps?
seasmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 04:30   #10
madrad62
Registered

I got the magnifying glass out last night and found an WIF 021 on the bottom of the butt/recoil assy on the metal part.How the hell do you identify this stuff with no arsenal marks?
Old June 12, 2018, 17:35   #11
Bones2586
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 76766
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
If you really want to get a new rifle made. Buy a PTR receiver and send that century pos to Parrabellum Combat Systems to be made into a excellent rifle. If you do this. Don't forget to add the built in shell deflector and the paddle magazine release.
Concur! Jeff at PCS is a whiz with the HK style rifles. He worked over a C93 for me several years ago and it's a beauty now! Two thumbs up!
Bones2586 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 01:24   #12
21HK
Registered

FALaholic #: 52556
Tough call on the origin of unmarked parts without seeing them but as seasmoke said, the FA91's could be built with HK or FMP parts.

Sometimes when arms change hands the original mfg. markings are removed (scrubbed). It's not uncommon to see a shallow milled area on top of HK G3 bolt heads. Typically they would still have the month/year date stamp. I've seen HK bolt carriers that have no markings on the top of the carrier tube but have inspector marks stamped on the back.

FMP (Portugal) bolt carriers are generally stamped FMP on top, the barrels will usually have FMP stamped on the barrel at the chamber underneath the hand guard.

Is the kit intact as it was from the demill or is this a collection of various parts cobbled together?
Does the barrel still have the sheet metal from the receiver attached to the trunnion when it was demilled? If so, there may be two acceptance stamps on the sides of the trunnion area. They will have an appearance of a shield or possibly a cross.

Best bet is to post some pics, sometimes the fit and finish could give some clues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrad62 View Post
...shield with maybe a V in it on trigger group...
Looks like this? One of my back plates has this marking ....sorry, don't have clue what it is.

Last edited by 21HK; June 13, 2018 at 01:35.
21HK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 18:55   #13
madrad62
Registered

ya! thats the mark on the inside of the trigger group,shield and v. the dude got the parts kit a zillion years ago and never did anything with it,still in its shipping box.I'll go over there in a day or 2 and reinspect.I may have had a couple beers in me when I looked at it,well I know I had couple beers in me. I guess it really dosnt matter,I'll use the stuff anyhow,bore looks good and rest of stuff looks vg cond. thanks for input.
Got a magnifying glass for a better look.Bolt carrier has WX and another character I cant make out on the rear end and 1B on the side.
front trunion area has the shield and V and whats left of serial #,s
Inside the hand guard a #7.
inside the snap on butt plate a few #,s and a letter.
metal part of the recoil assy shield and V and 3 #,s
bottom of beer bottle got in the way for the rest.

Last edited by madrad62; June 14, 2018 at 06:13.
Old June 15, 2018, 07:18   #14
madrad62
Registered

Holy bean counters bat man,I checked around and everybody wants just under $900.00 to do a build.Unless I can find somebody interested in the left over parts,this will go on the back burner for a while.
$600.00 for parts kit w/17" barrel and complete fa91 w/17" barrel
Inherited FA91 w/13" barrel[soldered on muzzle break for 16" length]
Extra recoil assy and 17" barrel,hand guard,crusty charging tube,bolt head,butt stock,3 pistol grips,wood butt stock,rear sight,charging handle parts,buffer,pile of screws and pins.green funny looking hand guard,Thats what I have to work with,I figure thats enough stuff to do 1 good build and have 2 1/2 parts kits w/barrels left over.parts kits will hopefully fund receiver and build or most of it anyhow. Or if theres a home builder in n.e. ohio we can work out a trade[nothing fishy or stupid].
I figure with the fa91 and parts kit,cost of receiver,cost of build,thats like around$1800.00,give or take[probably give]. Thats out of my reach,unless I can work out a deal. Anyone interested?