The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old September 12, 2018, 21:24   #1
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Federal deficit soars 32 percent to $895B

I know deficits and spending don't matter anymore since we got our man in.

The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

The nonpartisan CBO reported that the central drivers of the increasing deficit were the Republican tax law and the bipartisan agreement to increase spending. As a result, revenue only rose 1 percent, failing to keep up with a 7 percent surge in spending, it added.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/40...ercent-to-895b

Highlighted for Martin that thinks record tax revenues = decreased deficits.
They don't when you increase spending 7 times the increase in revenue.

...............juanni
Old September 13, 2018, 06:24   #2
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post

The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

The nonpartisan CBO reported that the central drivers of the increasing deficit were the Republican tax law and the bipartisan agreement to increase spending. As a result, revenue only rose 1 percent, failing to keep up with a 7 percent surge in spending, it added.

...............juanni
I was wondering about that,,, when will we get the revised CBO report?
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 12:40   #3
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The tax cuts are just taking effect and already revenues are up.

The expanding economy that Obama claims responsibility for, and the crushing of the 3rd world's manufacturing ongoing capacity, will bring even back more jobs.

China will sink back to Russian economic levels. They steal all technology anyway, as Obama let them, so let them self implode due to Trump's works.

We will buy our way out of the Muslim Obama's attack upon our country. He gave 10 billion to domestic shitheads in the form of food stamps, and with his simultaneous plan for the destruction of American Jobs, the resulting shortfalls in tax revenue were predictable.

The former slaves got most of that ten trillion and want more; send more drugs and guns into the ghettos.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 13:14   #4
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219

I think it is absolutely foolish to be concerned about deficits when printing off a couple of greenbacks and the problem goes away.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 13:58   #5
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
I'm thinkin' we need to rob some countries social security program as a temporary supplemental. What could go wrong?
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 14:33   #6
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:

...............juanni
You DO know that Montana ranks #4 in terms of receiving more federal dollars than they put in, right? You're even ahead of Kentucky, and that's saying something friend ... it would appear thou doth protest a bit too much there.
Old September 14, 2018, 18:01   #7
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
You DO know that Montana ranks #4 in terms of receiving more federal dollars than they put in, right? You're even ahead of Kentucky, and that's saying something friend ... it would appear thou doth protest a bit too much there.
Well Bubbs unlike you I never voted for any of these big spending congress welfare/warfare critters no matter what state I resided in.

So take a bow.

.............juanni
Old September 14, 2018, 18:09   #8
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Dissolve the fed and start again!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 18:20   #9
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Record revenues. Bureaucrats and politicians living high on my hog

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2018, 18:44   #10
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
Dissolve the fed and start again!
That's the plan. Has been since Day 1.
Old September 14, 2018, 18:47   #11
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Well Bubbs unlike you I never voted for any of these big spending congress welfare/warfare critters no matter what state I resided in.

So take a bow.

.............juanni
Doubtful but in any case you sure ain't above raking it in. Your little armpit in the middle of nowhere would probably not even be reachable without heavily subsidised roads & power. Not to mention land management, fire breaks etc etc. Then there's the whole 'chasing off the natives' thing that was done at Federal expense not so long ago. Nope, seems to me you're just fine with it regardless about how you claim to have voted.
Old September 14, 2018, 19:47   #12
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
I'm not coming to Whineys defense here, but the whole "Republican welfare states" thing is left wing bullshit. Montana has a population of only 1 million but houses all of our stragtegic missile forces and a good portion of our nuke bombers. Of course they are going to receive more in federal dollars than they contribute. That doesnt make them "welfare" cases.
Old September 14, 2018, 20:11   #13
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
Quote:
Doubtful but in any case you sure ain't above raking it in. Your little armpit in the middle of nowhere would probably not even be reachable without heavily subsidised roads & power. Not to mention land management, fire breaks etc etc. Then there's the whole 'chasing off the natives' thing that was done at Federal expense not so long ago. Nope, seems to me you're just fine with it regardless about how you claim to have voted.
Thanks for quoting the forum troll there. Does it or does it not appear from jís own admission that he only votes for losers?
Old September 14, 2018, 21:31   #14
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefarmer View Post
Thanks for quoting the forum troll there. Does it or does it not appear from jís own admission that he only votes for losers?
I vote for small govt candidates, you vote for big spenders.
We are $21 trillion in debt, so do you feel like a winner?

............juanni
Old September 14, 2018, 21:36   #15
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
I am about as responsible for federal spending and what Montana receives as you are for Georgia having a 28% obesity rate.

.............juanni
Old September 16, 2018, 03:54   #16
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
I'm not coming to Whineys defense here, but the whole "Republican welfare states" thing is left wing bullshit. Montana has a population of only 1 million but houses all of our stragtegic missile forces and a good portion of our nuke bombers. Of course they are going to receive more in federal dollars than they contribute. That doesnt make them "welfare" cases.
Granted. Just seeing if the old 'fight fire with fire' thing applies to stupid too. You noticed but he didn't, good on ya. Still not sure it works though .

Last edited by bubbagump; September 16, 2018 at 04:35.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2018, 00:00   #17
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
We have a problem in 2 months. The Dems, Media, and Hollywood are working hard to take it all back and shut it all down.
Hell, they might just win here in Texas. Thereís Beto signs all over the bloody place.
Old Yesterday, 00:37   #18
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post

I think it is absolutely foolish to be concerned about deficits when printing off a couple of greenbacks and the problem goes away.
Probably gonna take bluebacks....
Old Yesterday, 08:51   #19
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Quote:
That's the plan. Has been since Day 1.
You privy to a secret plan?
Ted Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:50   #20
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
The Republicans have really shown their true colors in financing since they took power.

Tax Cuts are great, Tax Revenue goes up as is expected, but that doesn't mean you Effing SPEND MORE.

The GOP claim on fiscal responsibility is garbage.
Old Yesterday, 19:09   #21
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atla View Post

The GOP claim on fiscal responsibility is garbage.
Calvin Coolidge was considered fiscally responsible but he became president almost a hundred years ago. In more recent times the democrats and republicans seem to be in an economic race to the bottom.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33   #22
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
Calvin Coolidge was considered fiscally responsible but he became president almost a hundred years ago. In more recent times the democrats and republicans seem to be in an economic race to the bottom.
Agreed.
Old Today, 13:09   #23
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
You privy to a secret plan?
Ain't nothing really secret about it. Just covered up with obscurity. But anyone who understands the concepts and can do high school math (well, ok what used to pass for high school math) knows that there is only one way this can end given that politicians will invariably expand the overhead at a faster rate than the larger US economy.

If they could limit monetary expansion to the same number as the expansion of the larger economy they could achieve price stability at least in theory, and this was the canard that was used to sell FRS back in the day from what I understand. But this they can't do and there's nothing to make them. So plan B it is, debase the currency until the marks won't use it anymore and then reset with another edition.

To be honest it really doesn't matter like ya think it might if you hold hard assets. But if you're in things like government securities, bonds etc, or if you are the sort of person who likes to keep a lot of cash around you might find this more distressing. The real danger in my view is what can happen to the economy if and when there's a real run on the dollar. If there ain't any viable money around then the money quits moving, and when that happens production of goods and services grinds to a halt. At which point it doesn't matter what you have to trade, there ain't nothing to trade for.

Last edited by bubbagump; Today at 13:16.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote