The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Curios & Relics

Notices

Old September 12, 2002, 08:53   #51
gunguy98
Registered

FALaholic #: 7358
I mailed my app. in last week for my c & R, but the paperwork never had one of those "are you a U.S. citizen thingys with it.
Does this mean I'm going to wait weeks just to have my application sent back to me or eeven denied?
gunguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 01, 2002, 11:52   #52
Kharn
Registered

FALaholic #: 5689
What goes in the "Title" box on the back of the application, its inside section 11? I think I'm supposed to put my full name there, but I'm not sure. I messed up my signature (just put my middle initial instead of my full middle name), so now I have to wait for the ATF to send me some new forms before I can try again. This time, I requested two applications just in case I screw up again.

Kharn

Last edited by Kharn; October 01, 2002 at 12:06.
Kharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2002, 21:38   #53
uncleSaM
Registered

FALaholic #: 7713
c&r licens

yo i dont know much about c&r licens but i would like to know more so please help

from uncleSaM
uncleSaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2002, 12:53   #54
Rottifan
Registered

FALaholic #: 3505
The form says to have the CLEO sign it, my question is, Will the ATF take the form without the CLEO signature?
Rottifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2002, 19:27   #55
Jen
Administrator

FALaholic #: 105
The CLEO does NOT have to sign the form (unless something has changed that I am unaware of and the forms are different than what's listed in the first post of this thread).

#10 is for the CLEO information. You have to fill in their contact name, address etc.. and then you need to send them a copy of the form once you've filled it all out. I highly recommend using certified mail or another trackable/confirmed delivery method. This will save you any trouble should anything come up in the future regarding this.

#11 is for YOU to sign off that the information you have given on the form is correct.

You do not ever have to personally contact your CLEO to get permission to get a CC&R license, you just have to make sure you send them a copy of the form which basically states your intent to get a CC&R license and allows them to notify ATF if they have information about you being anything but a law abiding citizen (ie criminal acts that might not be in the federal / state databases).

You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2002, 21:12   #56
LawTalkingGuy
Registered

FALaholic #: 7135
Got my license in the mail on Saturday, 10 days after I mailed the application. No problems, and quick turnaround. Now, what guns to buy?
LawTalkingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2002, 12:24   #57
DINO212
Registered

FALaholic #: 7068
I decided to renew my C&R after letting it lapse a few years back. Sent it in, just recieved my "certificate of compliance" form. My question is On line 2 person Certifying to citizenship. Who exactly is qualified to certify my citizenship? Hell, I was born here, 10 years in the USMC. Previously held an ffl& C&R. Tried to call several times but they are all "AWAY FROM MY OFFICE," till next neveuary so I cant get an answer. If any of you could help please email me Direct at LP001313@AOL.COM THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Dino
DINO212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2002, 10:46   #58
Mr. Pink
Registered

FALaholic #: 2152
Quote:
Originally posted by LawTalkingGuy
Got my license in the mail on Saturday, 10 days after I mailed the application. No problems, and quick turnaround. Now, what guns to buy?
mine took over two months....applied on the 6th of september showed up on the 23rd of november.....they were kind enough to have the expiration month as december though.

People should know when they are conquered.

Would you, Quintus? Would I?
Mr. Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2002, 02:06   #59
kkendall3rdacr
Registered

FALaholic #: 5595
wow, that was fast

just got cc&r in the mail today. The check cleared 3 days after I mailed my forms and 2 weeks later I'm in business. Well I need to go burn some copies so I'll se ya later.
kkendall3rdacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2003, 01:18   #60
fry
Registered

FALaholic #: 5498
is the thirty bucks...per year???
fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2003, 01:42   #61
Jen
Administrator

FALaholic #: 105
Fry: The license term is I believe 4 years.

So the $30 covers the license for the license period of 4 years.

You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2003, 13:07   #62
Texas Patriot
Registered

FALaholic #: 7012
I just printed off the forms to mail in today. The form says its $30 for THREE years, or $10/year.
Old February 06, 2003, 00:30   #63
New2Brass
Registered

FALaholic #: 8257
Im a little confused
1. the C&R list has handguns on it, if you dont have a pistol permit (required where i live) can you still get a C&R to purchace rifles or long guns?
2. if i am eligeble for C&R and then get my pistol permit, would then said pistols still go on permit? I ask this as after i think 4 pistols the permit needs some form of amendment and is a whole different ball game.
New2Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2003, 01:30   #64
7idl
Registered

FALaholic #: 5129
I'm not sure how your state laws will effect your C&R...

did you check out the NLC web page?

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/nlc/index.htm
Old May 23, 2003, 12:43   #65
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
Quote:
OK, Sorry if I sound ignant...
why get a type 3 FFL..ie what is the difference between the type 3 ffl vs the type 1 ffl (I already know that the type 3 costs $30 bucks versus the type 1 which costs $200 bucks, and that the type 1 allows modern weapons transfers. But is there more scrutiny with a type 1? Can you NOT sell C & R firearms with a type 3?)

Thanks in advance.
I know this is old news probably but here I go.

I have no interest in selling guns to anybody. I am a collector. Why whould I pay $200.00 for a C&R gun when I can get the same gun for $125.00 and shipped to my house and not have to fill out the 4473 and do the NICS? Nuff said?

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 12:46   #66
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
IMPORTANT! See my post here!

ATF C&R form screwup

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 11:51   #67
Chuck Buster
Registered

FALaholic #: 10744
Talking Fast

Boy, the government sure can move fast when it wants too. Just sent my C&R application on Friday, 5/23, and the check cleared my bank in ohio on Wednesday, 5/28. If they could only move that fast on income tax refunds
Chuck Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2003, 08:53   #68
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

FALaholic #: 10866
Quote:
Originally posted by FAL_FREAK
Okay I've got a question on this. If I were to be living in an apartment would that make me ineligible for a C&R? I don't see why, but stranger rules exist so I thought I'd ask before filling out dem forms.
Your dwelling does not have any influence on getting a C&R license. Remember, you're not a dealer, just a collector. You don't need to have a local permit or anything of that nature.

On a side note, It took forever for me to get my C&R. Apparently my ATF agent was in the process of retiring and didn't bother to return my numerous phone calls or turn my file over to anyone. After finally getting hold of a supervisor who informed me of the retiring agent did I get transfered to a new agent and finish the process. It took over 6 months to get the darn thing.
AZ_gun_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2003, 10:45   #69
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

Re: Fast

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Buster
Boy, the government sure can move fast when it wants too. Just sent my C&R application on Friday, 5/23, and the check cleared my bank in ohio on Wednesday, 5/28. If they could only move that fast on income tax refunds
All I have to say is "TurboTax" my friend. I had my Federal return in my bank account in a week.
Old June 20, 2003, 23:42   #70
anganu
Registered

FALaholic #: 9541
Does someone have to be home to sign for the guns or can the ups man or post office just leave it on your porch, like ammo?
anganu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2003, 07:57   #71
Da Nerd
Registered

FALaholic #: 10960
does this form need to be completed and sent as well as the Application and compliance form.????
ATF Form 5300.37 (Certification of Compliance with State and Local Law)"
Da Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2003, 09:06   #72
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by anganu
Does someone have to be home to sign for the guns or can the ups man or post office just leave it on your porch, like ammo?
All handguns shipped through UPS must have a "signature required" sticker on them, which means it MUST be signed for. Also, any handgun going through UPS goes "next day air", no if ands or buts about it.
Old June 24, 2003, 09:10   #73
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by New2Brass
Im a little confused
1. the C&R list has handguns on it, if you dont have a pistol permit (required where i live) can you still get a C&R to purchace rifles or long guns?
2. if i am eligeble for C&R and then get my pistol permit, would then said pistols still go on permit? I ask this as after i think 4 pistols the permit needs some form of amendment and is a whole different ball game.
1. Yes you can still get the C&R license, you're still responsible to follow local laws though.

2. Yes, the pistol will need to go on your local pistol permit since you're not a dealer.

When I lived in NY, any pistols I bought with my 01 FFL for personal use had to go on my permit. I just took the packing slip that came with the gun to the Sherrifs office and had them add it to my permit.
Old July 02, 2003, 20:35   #74
rgb101
Registered

FALaholic #: 11079
wow lots of info..
So I live in the great state of California.(Don't hold it against me)Stockton the home of the ak and good old Patrick Purdy and cleveland school.my question is what restrictions am I going to encounter if I choose to get a C&R? Seems like most states have it easier.I looked at the list of C& R posted earlier.I am not sure if they are transferable.
rgb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2003, 17:05   #75
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

I couldn't even begin to tell you about Kalifornia laws. I would assume, (and we all know what assume means) that you'll have to follow the local laws as to what's allow to be shipped into the state, etc. A distributor such as Century Arms will be able to tell you if you can or cannot get a particular firearm shipped there. Of course, the majority of C&R guns should be legal in Kalifornia since they don't have high capacity magazines or those nasty pistol grips that scares everybody to death. Good luck with it!
Old July 03, 2003, 17:08   #76
AZ_gun_nut
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Da Nerd
does this form need to be completed and sent as well as the Application and compliance form.????
ATF Form 5300.37 (Certification of Compliance with State and Local Law)"
I believe that form is for dealers only. The only form I sent in was my 1 page application. The carbon copy went to the LEO office.
Old July 28, 2003, 12:11   #77
Blain
Registered

FALaholic #: 11131
Ididn't know about the Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)
and ddn't send it in when I recently applied for my license, will I be ok? Has anyone else fogot to send it in and been ok?
Blain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2003, 18:18   #78
wales
Registered

FALaholic #: 9557
Citizenship

Dose any know what go on line 2 of the Certification of compliance form. The line says Name of person Certifying to Citizenship.
wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2003, 22:41   #79
Texas Patriot
Registered

That would be you.
Old September 12, 2003, 21:56   #80
CA Chaos
Registered

FALaholic #: 11748
Hello, I'm new the Fal Files..and found it to be very informative. In the past I wanted to pursue the type 03 collectors license but didn't know how to go about it. This site has helped me quite a bit. Now, again inspired I have a question holding me back. My question is....Being a CA. resident....If I recieve the collectors license will I be able to obtain any item on the BATFE list of NFA Firearms considered to be C&R? For instance, the Armalite AR 15 which is banned under CA laws. Any assitance is and will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CA Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2003, 23:02   #81
Texas Patriot
Registered

You still have to comply with local laws if they are more restrictive than federal laws. So for a Kali resident, you're under more restrictions than say us Texans.

Consult your local laws before you make the decision to apply for C&R or not. But if nothing else, certain vendors give discounts to C&R license holders on items other than weapons. So it could pay off for you that way.
Old September 12, 2003, 23:16   #82
CA Chaos
Registered

FALaholic #: 11748
Thanks Texas Patriot
CA Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2003, 09:14   #83
jim1of6
Registered

FALaholic #: 5897
I sent my application approx. 3 months ago. I called today and I'm in their system, what ever that means. Must save $$, must save $$, must save $$.
Old October 21, 2003, 11:14   #84
scottymetz
Registered

FALaholic #: 7408
i just moved and my checks don't show my new address,will tjis be a problem???-if so,can i use certified funds-any thought??????
{ALLEN COLLINS-RONNIE VAN ZANT}
scottymetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2003, 15:10   #85
Texas Patriot
Registered

To avoid any possiblity of money causing a delay, I paid my fee with a Postal Money Order. Cost is $0.90.

No problems that way.
Old November 26, 2003, 00:32   #86
Benny
Registered

FALaholic #: 11924
Question Printing the forms out.

I printed out the down loaded forms, but the second one that deals with being a citizen printed out in landscape style instead of letter style.
Is this the right way to be printed?
Also , do they have to be in legal size paper, or can one use letter size paper?

Benny
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2003, 01:04   #87
Texas Patriot
Registered

Benny,
Landscape format is correct. And just to avoid being rejected on a "technicality", I printed that form on legal instead of letter size paper.

You know how anal the ABC boys can be some time.
Old November 27, 2003, 00:49   #88
Benny
Registered

FALaholic #: 11924
Thanks, I will be mailing them in next week.
Benny
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2003, 00:15   #89
jim1of6
Registered

FALaholic #: 5897
Well, it's been 4 months and I still haven't talked to a live person to get a status on my C&R application, I know they're busy like everyone else but this is starting to blow! I've left at least 5 messages and no reply as of yet.
Old December 29, 2003, 00:11   #90
Bigger_Is_Better
Registered

FALaholic #: 4906
Wow! That was quick!
I signed my check on 12/11 and recieved my C&R on 12/26!!!
I wonder if it was that quick because I went through a security check for a Top Secret Security Clearance this time last year?? Does anyone know if that would make it quicker?
Old January 21, 2004, 14:19   #91
Shrike
Registered

FALaholic #: 4611
I dont understand question 2 of the certification of compliance form.... I'm a citizen do i have to certify im a citizen?
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2004, 21:35   #92
1gewehr
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2004
Shrike,
Silly as it seems, that is EXACTLY what you are doing.
Go figure.
1gewehr
Old February 16, 2004, 22:16   #93
Witchhunter
Banned (Temp)

FALaholic #: 6147
Applied for my C@R last week ,, the wait is all ready killing me.
Witchhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 12:01   #94
travisaasen
Registered

FALaholic #: 13035
We'll track the progress for March of 2004:

My Forms are going out today.

3-10-2004.

arrived 4/17/2004

Last edited by travisaasen; April 18, 2004 at 18:33.
travisaasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2004, 20:56   #95
captk
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4218
Sent in my forms this morning. The layout of the forms could be improved. Pretty straight forward to fill out.
Ken
captk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2004, 22:14   #96
Nachoman
Registered

FALaholic #: 3807
I sent mine in Jan 21; still no reply.
Nachoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2004, 15:34   #97
cushe
Registered

FALaholic #: 4623
Hang in there, it took me from Oct./03 to Mar./04.
Old April 18, 2004, 18:30   #98
travisaasen
Registered

Ok, my C&R came yesterday 4/18.....yippee...so, a little over a month
Old April 18, 2004, 18:30   #99
travisaasen
Registered

Ok, my C&R came yesterday 4/18.....yippee...so, a little over a month
Old June 19, 2004, 09:22   #100
captk
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4218
Sent in my application on 3/17/04. Called ATF yesterday, 6/18/04 to check on my status. I was told that it would be at least another month before I get my license, if I get my license. So much for 6 - 8 weeks. They told me that they had to send my application to the local field office to get approval. In the mean time I have bought through FFL transfers the rifles I wanted to get.
captk is online now   Reply With Quote