The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old August 18, 2018, 12:17   #1
Leotom
Registered

FALaholic #: 79925
Location: This is Rieti, Italy, i'm searching a muzzle brake for an english FAL (inch pattern)
Fal L1A1 muzzle brake

Hello guys, i have an inch pattern FAL (L1A1) and i need a muzzle brake for it, can you tell me if muzzle brakes made for metric FALs are compatible with the inch version?
And also if a normal 308 muzzle brake with this thread rate:M18x1 can be installed on an inch pattern FAL
Leotom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 12:35   #2
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotom View Post
Hello guys, i have an inch pattern FAL (L1A1) and i need a muzzle brake for it, can you tell me if muzzle brakes made for metric FALs are compatible with the inch version?
And also if a normal 308 muzzle brake with this thread rate:M18x1 can be installed on an inch pattern FAL
First, no. Inch barrels are right hand thread.
Metric barrels are left hand thread.

Second, no. FAL muzzle threads are 9/16X24, but if you look, brakes are available for the FAL. I think I may even have a right hand thread brake in one of my market place threads.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 12:44   #3
Leotom
Registered

Location: This is Rieti, Italy, i'm searching a muzzle brake for an english FAL (inch pattern)
Thanks for the reply, so can you tell me where i can find some brakes for my FAL, because i also live in Europe, maybe in America is much simpler to find one and unfortunately US shops often donít ship to Europe, if you can give me some advices iíll be very thanksfull or you can even sell me the one you talked about before if itís possible for you
Old August 18, 2018, 17:15   #4
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Do you want a muzzle brake or a flash hider (original equipment)?

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 17:44   #5
Leotom
Registered

Iím looking for a muzzle brake possibly original but even if itís not itíll be fine
Old August 19, 2018, 16:49   #6
kysjck
Registered

FALaholic #: 31833
The only muzzle brakes made for inch FALs was the huge and expensive L2 brake made for the Malayan contract. The PNG F1 flash suppressor does reduce recoil and blast. Brownell's has several generic muzzle brakes with 9/16"X24 RH thread. They likely ship to anyplace it's legal.
kysjck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2018, 16:52   #7
Leotom
Registered

Thanks for your reply and advices, iíve already found one,have a nice day.