Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old May 16, 2017, 08:58   #1
madmax_fal
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 78386
Getting G3 wood to the US illegal?

As many of you know, G3 wood stock sets can be had for about $55 USD pre shipping, from Germany. I am trying to get a few people to ship them over here to me, but they tell me that it is illegal to export "firearms parts" Is this just their ignorance or are they correct in telling me that it would be illegal for them to send wood stocks sets to the US?
Old May 16, 2017, 10:35   #2
Albatross52
Registered

FALaholic #: 79423
It is not illegal. Certain automatic parts or receivers are not for export, but I have been buying optics and furniture for the last 2 years now. As long as the value is less than $1000 US Customs has no issues either.
Travis
Old May 16, 2017, 10:40   #3
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
The problem isn't us it's the German govt. Take it up with them for they are the ones putting the kabosh on exporting surplus.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:54   #4
Albatross52
Registered

It is the responsibility of the seller on the German side to complete an "end user agreement" just like we have to do to buy US military surplus. I bought 2 HUMVEE's and it took almost 7 months before they were actually delivered. End user time frame in Germany is 60-90 days. I buy from friends, family and ebay sellers in Germany at least once a month.
Travis
Old May 17, 2017, 06:39   #5
HK556WI
Registered

FALaholic #: 63532
Albatross52 is completely correct. It is the paper work in Germany that holds up the transaction. I have imported many scopes and SG1 stocks. The paperwork is always the hold up.
HK556WI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 08:41   #6
K.O.A.M.
Registered

FALaholic #: 8025
If someone has a reliable guy in Germany that they use, I'd love to know who it is. I'm trying to get ahold of some MAC 1950 pistol magazines and no one in Germany seems willing to export.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:34   #7
Albatross52
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
If someone has a reliable guy in Germany that they use, I'd love to know who it is. I'm trying to get ahold of some MAC 1950 pistol magazines and no one in Germany seems willing to export.
I may have one, give me some time to do some digging.
Old May 18, 2017, 16:41   #8
madmax_fal
Registered
Contributor

Ok, here is the whole story: Zib Millitaria has G3 stocks for roughly $54 USD pre shipping. http://www.zib-militaria.de/G3-stock-set-Holz But they don't ship to the US.

I found the website called http://www.Parcl.com where people in other countries can charge a small fee to ship item to the US that companies will not. I asked all the people in Germany and the UN countries that Zib ships to if they would ship some G3 wood for me, and every single forwarder turned me down. I even offered to pay extra, but in every case they told me that it was illegal or just "not the best thing to do because of everything going on in the world"

Old May 18, 2017, 17:10   #9
K. Funk
Real Life Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
See if Paco can get them out of Germany and then ship it to you. I have purchased K98 stocks out of Germany using a connection in the Netherlands to ship them here.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 17:10   #10
Albatross52
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_fal View Post
Ok, here is the whole story: Zib Millitaria has G3 stocks for roughly $54 USD pre shipping. http://www.zib-militaria.de/G3-stock-set-Holz But they don't ship to the US.

I found the website called http://www.Parcl.com where people in other countries can charge a small fee to ship item to the US that companies will not. I asked all the people in Germany and the UN countries that Zib ships to if they would ship some G3 wood for me, and every single forwarder turned me down. I even offered to pay extra, but in every case they told me that it was illegal or just "not the best thing to do because of everything going on in the world"

I may be able to help you. I'll PM you.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 17:17   #11
madmax_fal
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross52 View Post
I may be able to help you. I'll PM you.
Travis
Thanks for the offer! I already found what I`m looking for, but not at the price I was wanting to pay. I`m not in the market anymore, but I appreciate your willingness to help!
Old May 18, 2017, 17:45   #12
Albatross52
Registered

This is one of the two Hensoldt/Wetzlar ZF24's I received from Germany. The look brand new. I got two of these for the cost of one here in the US.

Old May 18, 2017, 17:50   #13
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

Quote:
This is one of the two Hensoldt/Wetzlar ZF24's I received from Germany. The look brand new. I got two of these for the cost of one here in the US.

Good for you, want a cookie?

In all seriousness, though, some of us have tried to buy simple items like your scopes and G3 wood from Germany but have run into a brick wall. That you know people who will pull it off for you means squat to the average Joe who would like a similar deal. So unless you are willing to be the middle man and offer up your services for people here so they can take advantage of the availability and prices like you do, your input on the subject is nothing more than anecdotal, IMO.
Old May 18, 2017, 17:59   #14
Albatross52
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Good for you, want a cookie?

In all seriousness, though, some of us have tried to buy simple items like your scopes and G3 wood from Germany but have run into a brick wall. That you know people who will pull it off for you means squat to the average Joe who would like a similar deal. So unless you are willing to be the middle man and offer up your services for people here so they can take advantage of the availability and prices like you do, your input on the subject is nothing more than anecdotal, IMO.
I would not offer any service to a smartass lil prick with a loud mouth like you. Maybe a different approach would have paid off for you. So IMO, you can **** OFF and hunt for them on ebay and gunbroker dick head. It's asswholes like you that corrupt these forums. You act like a kid that didn't get any ice cream.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 18:14   #15
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

Quote:
I would not offer any service to a smartass lil prick with a loud mouth like you. Maybe a different approach would have paid off for you. So IMO, you can **** OFF and hunt for them on ebay and gunbroker dick head. It's asswholes like you that corrupt these forums. You act like a kid that didn't get any ice cream.
Travis
Wow, you went right for the high road there didn't you, Ace? Got a little sand in your mangina today? Your wife spit it back into your mouth?

Thanks, I got a healthy belly laugh out of that one! It's really a bit sad, not long ago I held a much higher opinion of you. Oh well, win some, lose some.
Old May 18, 2017, 18:20   #16
Albatross52
Registered

I should apologize for that rant, but I will not. In the past 2 1/2 years this has been the hardest part of adjusting to civilian life. Your join date was 2002, lets see,I was in Saudi Arabia in January 02, 20 years in already, just got there from Somalia, and headed straight into Iraq. So while you found your new forum to play on, I was trying to get a freakin phone call to my wife and kids. So my patients is kinda short with smart asses. I try very hard to live a peaceful lifestyle, and share some knowledge and also gain some too.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 18:33   #17
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

Quote:
I should apologize for that rant, but I will not. In the past 2 1/2 years this has been the hardest part of adjusting to civilian life. Your join date was 2002, lets see,I was in Saudi Arabia in January 02, 20 years in already, just got there from Somalia, and headed straight into Iraq. So while you found your new forum to play on, I was trying to get a freakin phone call to my wife and kids. So my patients is kinda short with smart asses. I try very hard to live a peaceful lifestyle, and share some knowledge and also gain some too.
Travis

By 2002 my stint in the Navy was long over, my time fulfilled. So, yeah, I was learning a new trade and attempting to figure out how the internet worked while you were in the sand box. I'll give you credit where it's due, I admire you gear hauling grunts in the sand for your balls and true grit. All I did was lob 5 inch shells on the horizon and launch missiles at targets that I could never see and that could never shoot back.
We all have our crosses to bear, my friend.
If I poked you a little too hard I meant no harm but this is just the internet and life is far to short to get bent over a single thing on it.

And to think I was hoping to acquire some of your excellent HK woodwork at some point.
Does this mean I can delete your number from my phone's contact list?
Old May 18, 2017, 18:34   #18
Albatross52
Registered

Ok, I won't argue the point any longer. It is the volume and type of part. Check out international sellers on ebay, search hensoldt. They have been at it for a while.
Thanks for the therapy session HK shooter, That was easier than driving to the V.A., so as usual maybe I am the dick here. SEE therapy works. I'll have a beer and a xanax now.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 18:39   #19
Albatross52
Registered

Not at all brother, not at all. would be glad to share. Bad days are getting further apart. Nothing but respect for a man that lives on a few thousand square yards of US sovereign property for months at a time.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 18:41   #20
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

Quote:
Bad days are getting further apart.
Travis
This is good. Carry on, it does get better.
Old May 18, 2017, 19:12   #21
Albatross52
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
This is good. Carry on, it does get better.
Thank you HKshooter. I was going to PM you with an apology. I am short in the temperament section, but huge on pride, so this serves better publicly. I apologize for taking your post out of context.
With that being behind us, I am doing a pile of HK wood conversions at this time and would be glad to trade parts with members here and hkpro.
Travis
Old May 18, 2017, 20:08   #22
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Albatross and HK need to get a room with a case of beer and a couple of hookers.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 21:49   #23
eternal24k
Registered

FALaholic #: 26370
Quote:
It is not illegal. Certain automatic parts or receivers are not for export, but I have been buying optics and furniture for the last 2 years now. As long as the value is less than $1000 US Customs has no issues either.
Travis
You are a bit off. It's $100.

I have imported gun parts from all over the world, there's 2 ways of doing it, 1) the proper paperwork (Form 5330, it takes a couple months)
2) importing it and hoping it doesn't get caught up in customs

Pursuant to 27 CFR 447.41(c),
an import permit is not required for th
e importation of Ė
5.The U.S. Munitions Import List articles from Canada, except articles enumerated in Categories I, II, III, IV, VI(e), VIII(a), and XX, and Nuclear weapons strategic delivery systems and all specifically designed components,
parts, accessories, attachments, and associated equi
pment thereof (see Category XXI), or Minor components
and parts for Category I(a) and I(b) firearms except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction.
eternal24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 21:55   #24
eternal24k
Registered

FALaholic #: 26370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
If you ever in encounter the US customs, they will tell you it is illegal to import or export these items.

Trust me..... been there, done that.

They want you to go through a importer or exporter.
Its not hard to import, you just need to fill out a 5330, then they will give it back to you with all kinds of fun stamps

eternal24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 22:08   #25
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
Its not hard to import, you just need to fill out a 5330, then they will give it back to you with all kinds of fun stamps

Appreciate the info. Courtesy of the Bush regime

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2017, 02:00   #26
Rudolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 7
df

COuld this be a service?

It's easy to ship to Hungary and maybe for a small fee , I would be happy to ship it to the US.

I've done this with some stuff I wanted but never as a business.
Rudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2017, 08:33   #27
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
Quote:

I would VERY MUCH like one of these scopes for My HK-91 and would be very grateful to anyone who could hook me up at a price thats affordable [Knowing HK stuff is never actually affordable ] and Not HKParts.net priceing !!! My e-mail is my handle at Yahoo.com or PM me Please --! Thanks and Nice outfit BTW..
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote