The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2019, 21:57   #1
Tyris
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 30938
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 279
galati int magazines for FAL

I haven't shot my FAL in ages. Just mounted a scope on it, wanted to give it a whirl when the weather improves a bit. Noted I needed some non-beat-up mags.

Saw this ad for $13 mags, but they specifically say NOT compatible with DSA SA-58, which is what I've got. My fal is probably 15 or 16 years old. Any idea why these mags would not be compatible?

https://www.galatiinternational.com/...hite-blue.html

Any experience with them? Was unable to find any similar threads via search for "galati magazine"

-T
Tyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 22:09   #2
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
 
Mebsuta's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4143
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Khemi, Stygia
Posts: 10,775
If those are Korean, it will probably take a lot of tinkering to get them to work with anything. I would do some research before you buy a bunch of those.

Search for Red White and Blue FAL magazines.
__________________
Hai

Last edited by Mebsuta; March 14, 2019 at 22:34.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 22:38   #3
Leatherlids
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 30728
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wa
Posts: 75
http://www.jandcsales.com/FNFALmag.html

Others were getting some nice mags here at $15 each...
Leatherlids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 08:32   #4
Tyris
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 30938
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
If those are Korean, it will probably take a lot of tinkering to get them to work with anything. I would do some research before you buy a bunch of those.

Search for Red White and Blue FAL magazines.
Quote:
Others were getting some nice mags here at $15 each...
Thanks guys. I'll order a few from JandC sales.
What ever happened to DSA's own new manufactured mags? Last I checked (years back) they were unreliable, did they ever get the kinks worked our or have they gone the way of promag?

-T
Tyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2019, 12:23   #5
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor
 
MAINER's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 18465
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 9,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
Thanks guys. I'll order a few from JandC sales.
What ever happened to DSA's own new manufactured mags? Last I checked (years back) they were unreliable, did they ever get the kinks worked our or have they gone the way of promag?

-T
Not to my knowledge, I would have been happy to have a source of new and reliable mags.
Not sure what happened with "Mose's Mags", at least they did work. Damn shame there.
__________________
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
MAINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 00:15   #6
speedysst
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 64593
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wheatland WY
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINER View Post
Not to my knowledge, I would have been happy to have a source of new and reliable mags.
Not sure what happened with "Mose's Mags", at least they did work. Damn shame there.
DSA is showing Moses Mags in stock.
__________________
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?"
speedysst is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files