Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old March 13, 2019, 05:52   #1
DjentlemanJoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 79901
Shorter stock Options

Good Morning all,
Been shooting my FAL for the past 3 years and I absolutely love the rifle. It's my favorite rifle to shoot, albeit a little expensive. However I want a bit of a more modular set up for this rifle in particular.

The length of pull has always been a little too long for me. When I shoot I hug my firearm and keep my form as slim as possible. This is slightly harder to do with the long LOP. Meaning I need a shorter stock.

I made a post on here a while ago and was advised to get a shorter wood stock from an isreali FAL, if I recall correctly. however I'm leaning more towards the para conversion.

I'd realistically prefer an AR stock swap, according to DSA the AR stock buffer tube brings LOP to 13" and my current configuration is 14.25" which seems like just enough of a length difference to fit my needs.

With PARA being determined I have 3 options.

Peacing the parts together and getting the AR stock para conversion that DSA sells, this comes to about $700 for the lower, recoil spring, top cover and folder with AR stock.

I could buy the para pistol kit from DSA for $500. In my state it is not illegal to shoot a pistol configured stock from the shoulder so that's fine but I worry that the plastic brace isn't going to be much of a stock and might even be flimsy.

My last and probably best option is to get the ACE FAL to AR adapter however this is no longer made, I sent a PM to a gentleman on this site offering me one however this offer was more than a year ago i wouldn't be surprised if he has already sold it.

TL;DR is the DSA pistol conversion going to fit my needs? Has anyone fired the pistol version from the shoulder? Has it been comfortable? is it just the buffer tube that acts as a stock? or does the brace help act as a stock as well? I don't want to spend $500 and be dissatisfied. Link to the parts i want to buy below.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-16850-dsa-f...-included.aspx

Thank you all,
Joey
DjentlemanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 10:38   #2
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Buy the Para setup with the AR collapsible stock.
Old March 14, 2019, 13:21   #3
kysjck
Registered

FALaholic #: 31833
The standard PARA stocks by FN, Imbel, or DGFM are already 1.5" shorter than the straight stock. I had to add the 1.5" to my PARA stock to achieve the length of pull of all my straight stock FALs. PARA fans never mention this. The AR A1s also have a short stock I've had to lengthen. The A2 stock helped with this, but an additional 1" spacer was still needed. The South Africans made a short butt pad that fits on metric FAL plastic stocks, as another option.
kysjck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 13:49   #4
klaus486
Registered

FALaholic #: 75880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysjck View Post
The standard PARA stocks by FN, Imbel, or DGFM are already 1.5" shorter than the straight stock. I had to add the 1.5" to my PARA stock to achieve the length of pull of all my straight stock FALs. PARA fans never mention this. The AR A1s also have a short stock I've had to lengthen. The A2 stock helped with this, but an additional 1" spacer was still needed. The South Africans made a short butt pad that fits on metric FAL plastic stocks, as another option.
I agree with this ^^^

The PARA stock is already noticeably shorter than a fixed stock.
klaus486 is offline   Reply With Quote