FALaholic #: 62768
These have been used but the two examples I saw at Knob Creek were worth 500.00
Old November 01, 2018, 12:01   #53
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_OR_DIE View Post
My 2 kits will be arriving tomorrow night, if I get a chance iíll Post pics too. Fingers crossed these kits look serviceable! 🤞😬🤞
Thatís now today. Antsy yet?
Old November 02, 2018, 09:52   #54
CTW
Registered

FALaholic #: 41894
Well? Chomping at the bit to hear some more folks sound off on the condition of their kitís? I canít wait to check mine out after work tonight.
Old November 02, 2018, 13:44   #55
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Here's what I received.

The good: Belgian lower, serial No 16XXX, with five digit bolt and bolt carrier. Non-matching numbers but good solid metal. NO RUST!!! Barrel has decent rifling and seems to not have been abused. No pitting on lower or barrel. Came with FA ejector block and safety/auto sear.

The bad: Flash hider is split, will need to be replaced. Stock smells like old leather and the wood is a bit "greasy". I don't think it is cosmoline, don't really know what is on it. Dust cover is a bit beat up, will probably be ok once I straighten it up a bit. Carry handle is very worn, no big deal. Fiberglass hand guards have a name carved into one side " Marvin el Hondur " = lots of character.

Overall impression: This will make a nice addition to my FAL collection. It's like a Cuban contract in many ways, I like it. Worth the price.

Lower: 16496
Barrel: 14053
Bolt: 10653
Carrier: 29119

Last edited by pistolero1911; November 03, 2018 at 10:43. Reason: Numbers Added
pistolero1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 14:33   #56
CTW
Registered

Thank you for the picture and review.
Old November 02, 2018, 15:16   #57
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 9689
All Belgian and Chilian contract FAL. 4 digit numbers on the lower and bolt carrier and not matching Bolt has no serial number and possibly wiped.
The back plate is in really nice condition with 4 light dings. The barrel has excellent threads and shoulders. The bore & breech has not been cleaned since its last firing but cleaned up well for a steel barrel and the rifling is good and no pittig is evident. Lower internals appear to be in working order.
The hand guards appear to be the brown type and 2 small pins are missing.
This is the type kit available 20-25 years ago for $99, and this kit could likely bring more than $500 parted out.

I will be replacing the butt stock and buttplate, hand guards, top cover, gas tube, carry handle, pistol grip and cocking handle from my parts box. These parts can be refurbished and sold later. I also might use my Cuban lower and sell off the Chilean lower

Barrel 25278
Bolt Carrer 2558
Lower 4190

Last edited by DakTo; November 17, 2018 at 10:45.
DakTo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 15:20   #58
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
Cool! Thank you for the review. From my perspective, assuming that the barrel produces serviceable performance, the kit is fairly priced.
Old November 02, 2018, 15:35   #59
Abominog
Registered

Dak just restore it!

Sounds like the barrels are a lot better than expected
Old November 02, 2018, 16:38   #60
jsparky1983
Registered

FALaholic #: 72974
I ordered one this am. If shows up looking like these pictures Iíll be quite happy!!!
jsparky1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 16:41   #61
Flypaper
Craftsman
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
I’m happy with everything except the barrel on my kit. Someone ground the serial numbers off along with some wrench marks.
Maybe they’ll swap the barrel out for me.

Lower 2923
Bolt 22670
Carrier 1048
Barrel toast
Old November 02, 2018, 16:45   #62
maxaks
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76002
What kind of date codes are to be expected?
Thanks
maxaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 18:04   #63
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
Iím happy with everything except the barrel on my kit. Someone ground the serial numbers off along with some wrench marks.
Maybe theyíll swap the barrel out for me.

Lower 2923
Bolt 22670
Carrier 1048
Barrel toast
Hey Flypaper. When my kit arrives I will post numbers as well. Hopefully others will follow your lead and perhaps we will see if some numbers can be mated.
Southern 7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 18:55   #64
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
Iím happy with everything except the barrel on my kit. Someone ground the serial numbers off along with some wrench marks.
Maybe theyíll swap the barrel out for me.

Lower 2923
Bolt 22670
Carrier 1048
Barrel toast
Back when the APEX BGS kits came out most if not all kits had matching numbers except for the flash hiders. APEX some how mixed them up.
One member here set up a trade thread and we would list our flash hider numbers and swap with other members who had ours. It seemed to work out fairly well.
Old November 02, 2018, 19:14   #65
FAL freek
Registered

FALaholic #: 10400
Stopped by the Sarco table they had at Knob Creek that Friday and almost bought one of those kits. Chatted with the guy at the table and he said he had already sold 20 of the kits he brought. Had I not other things to buy and stay in the budget I set I would have bought one of those kits because their condition was alot better than what's been available for the past few years. Although I need another FAL kit like a hole in the head I'm still mulling over getting one and stashing it away for a rainy day.

Liberals want diversity in everything except your opinion.
FAL freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 20:28   #66
Orion the Hunter
Registered

FALaholic #: 62009
Got My Chilean Kit

Lower: 14315
Bolt: 16407
Carrier: 10761
Barrel: 20867

HGs: Metal (small dents, nothing major)
Stock: Wood (Name carved)

Question: What does the Triangle Stamp on the Receiver indicate (Cuban? Chilean?).
Orion the Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 20:41   #67
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

All of my online research including the Files pages points toward triangle on lower =Cuban lower. I'm a novice to FALs tho, so perhaps some of the more seasoned members can add to this.
Old November 02, 2018, 21:09   #68
CTW
Registered

My Kit is pretty nice. Dark brown Handguards. The barrel bore is really surprisingly nice.
Bolt carrier 20902
Bolt 23232
Barrel 29079
Lower 10216
Greasy smelly stock in good shape. Has Belgian markings.
Old November 02, 2018, 21:55   #69
rpk74dr
Registered

FALaholic #: 7901
Just speculating, are the kits from Spiral Fab's estate?
rpk74dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 22:58   #70
Lee Carpentieri
Registered

FALaholic #: 4936
Dans Sporting shop

Either from Spiral Fab or Dans Sporting shop. Dan sold allot to Spiral Fal back in the day. Originally these were sold to Burns brother in West Islip NY, But they rejected them and called the broker up and refused the container load as the Nicaraguans originally reversed the assembly process and shipped them in a 45 foot container to Burns brothers in all sorts of wooden crates and when Burns Brothers received them and opened the container they were shocked to say the least. This was told to me by one of the owners. Dan then bought the container load and sold off the parts as kits he assembled. I did buy 10 type b stocks and three Hido type one rifle lowers from Dan and he also threw in 10 type B stocks that were trashed/ripped to shreds.
Old November 03, 2018, 05:24   #71
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Carpentieri View Post
Either from Spiral Fab or Dans Sporting shop. Dan sold allot to Spiral Fal back in the day. Originally these were sold to Burns brother in West Islip NY, But they rejected them and called the broker up and refused the container load as the Nicaraguans originally reversed the assembly process and shipped them in a 45 foot container to Burns brothers in all sorts of wooden crates and when Burns Brothers received them and opened the container they were shocked to say the least. This was told to me by one of the owners. Dan then bought the container load and sold off the parts as kits he assembled. I did buy 10 type b stocks and three Hido type one rifle lowers from Dan and he also threw in 10 type B stocks that were trashed/ripped to shreds.
Lee, if Burns Brothers had them they would have sold for $99 the same as their StG58 parts kits. The Burns Brothers seemed to disappear around the mid 1990's.
Old November 03, 2018, 09:45   #72
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

I am impresed on how well maintained the lower receiver was. Trigger group very clean, back plate certainlt not abused, no pitting under the pistol grip and the breech area not boogered in any way.
This kit is superior to the early Belgian short hider, Argentine M2 type and Australian L1A1 kits which sold for $99 late 1980's-early 1990's.
The purchase price is also superior but you do get a very nice barrel on a classic kit.

Old November 03, 2018, 12:56   #73
104thEngr
Registered

FALaholic #: 41359
I ordered one of these a few days ago, after reading the reviews posted here. They seem pretty decent. Just curious.... how long did Sarco take to ship your order? I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!
104thEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2018, 09:22   #74
jpa61
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 81127
my order has been in the warehouse for like a week now, hope it's cause someone knows my b-day is soon & they are picking me a cherry one out
jpa61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2018, 12:14   #75
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Most likely after a few days online the stampede starts and the packers and shippers get a bit overwhelmed.
The early birds appear shipped in 2 or 3 days and a 3 day delivery depending where you live.
All parts are sealed in one big plastic bag and then boxed for shipment.
Old November 04, 2018, 13:55   #76
104thEngr
Registered

I just got the UPS tracking info. a little while ago. Should be at my door tomorrow, which is quicker than i thought it would be. If I can figure out how to post pictures here I'll put a few up.
Now I just have to get back up to speed on the FAL platform, and hopefully get a good receiver. From what I'm reading here it seems DSA has been having some quality issues since I last dealt with them.
Old November 05, 2018, 10:38   #77
Beerwulfe
Registered

FALaholic #: 79618
Long Time Reader and Lurker, 1st time poster.

Mine should be delivered today as well, will post info back when I get it and go thru it.

Not sure how many folks get Sarco's email on Specials, but the original email ad that I got on these Chilean FN FAL kits went out only a little over a week ago and now their latest ad that I received on Friday afternoon stated that they have very few left in stock. Just wanted to post if anyone may be sitting on fence.

Ordered last weekend, processed on Monday, Hit Warehouse on Tuesday, Actually shipped Thursday, Notified Shipped on Friday, sat on UPS Truck locally on Saturday, Delivery today sometime.

My only regret is that I was only able to buy 1.

Last edited by Beerwulfe; November 05, 2018 at 11:34.
Beerwulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2018, 15:41   #78
Beerwulfe
Registered

So my Sarco Chilean Contract FN FAL Arrived today! Will post up Pic's when I figure out how. I can only speak to the one I received, not to anyone else's experience. Important numbers first:

Barrel: 9864
Lower: (Non Cuban triangle) 27455
Bolt Carrier: 19300
Bolt:193 (yes 3 digit, missing the two 0's)

Short description.... "Not bad.... Not Bad at All.... "Damn I wish I had the funds to order another one", before they are all gone!

Remember that these are 50+ plus year old rifle kits, add to that these are out of South America and have probably seen a lot of jungle service, this is not U.S. Arsenal refurbished stuff. But as an amateur gunsmith, I am extremely happy with what I received, even with all of the minor bad that I will note along with the good. Anyone wanting to build a BFPU, if like you get one like mine, it would be pretty nice.

So will detail what I got today (This early T-48 type is my Holy Grail, so I am a little kid at Christmas with this one): Received a 8"x8"x24" box, full of those annoying loose peanuts Sarco uses and that go everywhere when you open it. In it is one white M-16 Storage Bag (dated 06/09), rolled up almost in half and stapled and that you can barely make out what is in it. Open it up and you have the Hand Guards (screwed and rubber banded together), Lower Receiver assembly, Barrel assembly with gas tube, and a clear bag with all of the remaining parts.

First, all of it has +50 year old dirt, grease and grime. But no "Cosmoline", yea! The picture on Sarco website is very blurry but very accurate. On initial examination, thought that all that was missing was the charging handle lug retention pin. Looking at the barrel gas tube assembly, I noticed the gas tube holes in wrong position and had heart attack that maybe they tried to unscrew tube with the pin still in the gas block. Relieved that it was knocked out so it is also missing the gas tube pin. Total missing from my kit as received are those 2 small pins. So I will see if Sarco has them in stock. Betting EVERYONE's kit is missing these 2 pins. Lower Receiver number mis-matched from Bolt Carrier and bolt (Think these do match, but more later on this interesting point).

My impression is that these kits are in the warehouse already bagged up and ready to go. I am betting the pickers have no way to know what condition each FAL is in when they grab the stapled white bag so that it is the luck of the draw, guessing but don't think that they are cherry picking 1st come 1st served, but you never know.

Haven't cleaned anything yet so this is out of the bag info.

Hand Guards: Bipod Cut - Chocolate brown Fiberglass, Left would rate a B+, Real good Fiberglass portion and Metal front end. Inside is oily, some grime with No. M583 stamped inside. "Right side rate a C+, has a few small gouges, metal front has dents and is bent a bit at bottom (fixable). Inside filthy as hell with No. "U107" Stamped. No's on inside don't match like my Belgian 1964 Pattern NB cut type 2 does. Hex Head slotted screw for the hand guard screw (Character). Handguard band in clear bag is 50% silver 50% patina, but good shape.

Lower Receiver Assembly:
Appears to be paint over park., well worn paint, patina on park. FAL Type 1, "S, R, A" marked selector/safe settings, Non Cuban triangle, 5 digit serial number. #27455. Those are the only Markings I see. Trigger Guard, beveled early G-1 style . Pistol grip, plastic, Non-cleaning kit cut, Grip Nut is early non cleaning kit so not tapered. Mine even has home made checkering attempt , looks like with a pocket knife, but the cuts not real deep (character). Lock Level is Vertical and wide style, Rear sightis standard low profile 600 meter type 1 type 2. Butt Stock assembly is Type "C", with the metal ferrule finish well worn (mine is silver and patina with lots of gouges), slot of screw buggered up pretty good. Non rotating rear sling swivel (aka Israeli style) looks good, both screws look good. Butt Plate (non trapdoor/non cleaning kit) is patina and silver with some dings gouges around the edge, no dings on the base/flat. Stock wood: Very greasy and grimey from decades of oil and who knows what else. Lots of gouges, dings, and dents, even a name carved in stock that I can't make out,) Stock is VERY USABLE after dishwasher and a lot of work. But NO CRACKS or SPLITS... Awesome! Trigger Group looks excellent with some dirt in there, Backplate has some dings, have to clean to comment more here, may have some out of round concerns, Can't see well in here since grease oozing out of recoil spring assembly etc. Hinge Pin: Slot side has some deep pitting, other side good.

Barrel and Gas tube Assembly:
Barrel: is Bi Pod cut, appears to have bench vise marks on barrel sides between chamber area and gas block (not real deep, can clean up), no wrench marks at breach or on barrel flats. Barrel threads protected with Masking Tape (Nice!), Front Sling Swivel: Bent all to hell and is Non Bipod/L1A1 long link type. I think Mark at GP may have these, at least I hope so. Finish: well silvered grey and brown patina forward of the gas block. Gas block 75% paint finish showing 25% park patina. Barrel arear of gas block and gas tube, 95% paint still showing over park. Very nice all but does show scratches. Gas Plug:early type with 99% paint and with A/Gr markings, dirty insides. Gas tube adjuster and front sight, number marked and 80% paint showing. Gas tube, outside 90% paint, nice shape, inside (Dirty), dry punched and looks real good. Bore (Dirty), dry punched and looks real good. May have 2 possible small pits a few inches up from the breach, won't know til I clean it. But if so, they are extremely small pin pricks on 2 different lands that you can only see from breach. Markings: Serial Number 9864 (all clock references on markings are in reference looking at barrel from breach end) at the 3 oclock position over chamber. Belgian 1893 crown over oval E L G proof on left side chamber (9 oclock), slightly forward towards muzzle is a * on top of a backwards P (never saw this Controller Proof Code) also Running lengthwise front to rear on barrel (can read from breach end) is a capital F over _ Indicating maybe 1967? Don't know. This Code is one of 3 marks on the barrel behind the gas block but is slightly forward of the 2 gas tube escape holes as attached (screwed in). "1" is at 11:30 position, "F over _ is" at 9 oclock, and an "F over _" is at 6 oclock.

(Will shorten lengthy post so as not to bore any more.)

In the Clear bag all parts grimy so need massive clean up for fair inspection.
Top Cover: Worn finish to silver patina, small dents on top, no HK or FN markings. Useable as is, may take dents out.

Bolt and Carrier: Finish very worn, metal patina. Serial Number on Carrier is 19300. * over R proof mark and few other small ones on front and rear of carrier. Bolt is interesting just 193, no double 0's, * over backwards P proof mark, Belgian tower proof mark, etc.

Gas piston: Not cleaned since last fired, straight, no chips dents Spring looks good.

Charging handle: Aluminum knob, LUG IS GOOD and there, finish 50%

Gas tube nut: Heavy grease, no finish, Receiver Threads good, wrench indents look good, no wear, Tube interface/portion, outside pits are deep, need to replace nut prolly.

Carry handle: "Short Style" Stem, silver patina finish, Plastic early handle shot! Worn down and chipped. wider raised portion of handle than a G1 (just making note).

Bolt release: Foot is tight, but the small vertical extension of the food is bent. (crazy)

Locking shoulder: is 0.263 so I am sure will need to order one from Mark at GP.

Mag Release with spring: is all there and looks good.

FA Ejector block with detached ejector, both pins, safety sear with spring, are all there for the novelty items.

All and all.... Wish I had the funds available for another one!

Hope for a second post I didn't bore ya! Will post pic when I can

Last edited by Beerwulfe; November 05, 2018 at 18:47.
Old November 05, 2018, 16:07   #79
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 21848
Nice detailed post Beerwulfe;

I picked up two kits for the barrels, the condition of the barrels bores, are very similar to the G1 barrels I have looked through

Lowers are decent and useable as is,same with bolt and carriers

hand guards black, one bc one nbc

updated info, The Cuba lower has been marked with dots, like a nail would make, left side FSLN, right side GANDI, on the top of stock are two holes that I would say were used for a sling swivel, don't really much care for stock graffiti, but this is a pretty cool lower and I will have to build it as is

over all pleased with purchase

Last edited by munchoman; November 05, 2018 at 16:23.
munchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2018, 16:40   #80
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchoman View Post
Nice detailed post Beerwulfe;

I picked up two kits for the barrels, the condition of the barrels bores, are very similar to the G1 barrels I have looked through

Lowers are decent and useable as is,same with bolt and carriers

hand guards black, one bc one nbc

updated info, The Cuba lower has been marked with dots, like a nail would make, left side FSLN, right side GANDI, on the top of stock are two holes that I would say were used for a sling swivel, don't really much care for stock graffiti, but this is a pretty cool lower and I will have to build it as is

over all pleased with purchase

Is it your butt stock, or metal lower that's marked FSLN? That's interesting that it has Sandinista graffiti.
Old November 05, 2018, 16:44   #81
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern 7.62 View Post
Is it your butt stock, or metal lower that's marked FSLN? That's interesting that it has Sandinista graffiti.
buttstock,

Last edited by munchoman; November 05, 2018 at 17:08.
Old November 05, 2018, 16:59   #82
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern 7.62 View Post
That's interesting that it has Sandinista graffiti.
I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone said that Cuban and Chilean FAL's were sent to that conflict to the different sides. So eventually you could see some of both rifles on each side.
Old November 05, 2018, 17:30   #83
pistolero1911
Registered

Many of the Cuban FALs became FSLN [Nicaraguan Sandinista] arms, some became FMLN [Salvadoran communist rebel] arms, and a few were both, first going to Nicaragua and then on to El Salvador.

I have a Cuban FAL with FSLN marked on the hand guards.

If this shipment came from Nicaragua, as Lee stated, and was from the period immediately following the end of the first Sandinista regime [1979 - 1990], it is probable that the Sandinista had both Cuban and Chilean contract arms.
Old November 05, 2018, 17:35   #84
jsparky1983
Registered

FALaholic #: 72974
Thatís a neat piece of conflict history with that buttstock in particular and the kit as a whole.
jsparky1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2018, 17:50   #85
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

Hey munchoman, thanks for posting the pics. That's pretty cool. For anyone interested, you can Google Image search words "FSLN fighters" or "Molotov Man" and see these old girls in action. One pic of Molotov Man has one of these with what appears to be a chopped T48 flashhider. I assume it banana peeled, and someone cut it off behind the slots. "Guerilla Gunsmithing" literally eh?
Old November 05, 2018, 18:10   #86
Beerwulfe
Registered

So it is my understanding that these kit's were wrenched apart in the late 1980's or early 1990's by the "Nicaraguans"; right?

Cubans would have pretty neat History, ordered by Batista in 1958, later by Castro in the early 60's after Batista's fall in 1958/1959, then shipped/smuggled to FSLN ("Sandinista's") guerilla's in Nicaragua. Then they may have stayed there or they went on to FMLN Guerilla's in El Salvador, other guerilla groups in Chile, Venezuela, Guatemala, and Columbia.

El Salvador had ton's of Western weapons, but had hard time getting western ammunition.

Curious on the Chilean FN FAL's and how they wind up in Nicaragua. Need to research a bit on this one. Contra's were supplied by everyone... Maybe the answer.
Old November 05, 2018, 18:57   #87
jpa61
Gold Contributor

Got my email today that it shipped, but i also got the kit today
as Beerwulfe stated above, here is how mine came, also missing gas tube pin, butt plate is toast, stock is greasy dirty beat up, also has the FSLN engraved in about .500" letters very light & would have missed it had i not seen the one above, barrel took a bit to clean, but looks good, everything is soaking now, will post SNs when i get a chance to clean up, no rust anywhere i can see, just crud, barrel screwed in to my DSA Graylake with no problems, ordered another one, hope it is as nice or better, may have to get some more flypaper wood

https://imgur.com/a/wRUIhvl#5xZPAdb

Last edited by jpa61; November 05, 2018 at 19:15.
Old November 05, 2018, 20:43   #88
104thEngr
Registered

Some interesting information posted here. I received my parts kit today, and I'd say it's in the same general condition as others reported. The bore seems pretty decent just eyeballing it. All in all, I'm pleased with it.
Old November 06, 2018, 18:13   #89
Abominog
Registered

If up to me Iíd preserve the FSLN graffiti when restoring.
Old November 06, 2018, 18:27   #90
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Those look they can easily be made into good rifels as long as the bolt is good.
Old November 07, 2018, 00:41   #91
pureveggie
Falguync
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24458
Fal guy

Thanks for all the super valuable info fellas on these chillean kits I ordered a couple and like everyone else; I'm hoping for the best!! At least this sounds like a recent shipment in rather than more "found" surplus from the warehouse!!! They def sound rare being early Belgian made and the reports of nice bores sounds promising?! We shall see!!only 15 kits remained as of today 11/6/18!!the window is closing fellas
pureveggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2018, 19:15   #92
jpa61
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwulfe View Post
Curious on the Chilean FN FAL's and how they wind up in Nicaragua. Need to research a bit on this one. Contra's were supplied by everyone... Maybe the answer.

this guy may be able to help

Old November 07, 2018, 19:42   #93
imacoonass01
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Where are the build pics?
Old November 07, 2018, 20:13   #94
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa61 View Post
this guy may be able to help

Well even ole' Ollie don't get past the 2008 Bush barrel ban

Chance are two choices:

Stored pre 2008 kits with barrels

or

recent kits imported sans barrel that SARCO introduced G1 barrels into. That's what I lean toward them being. Total mixmasters.
not pissing on the parade here but it is what it is.

No one can import original barrel kits for 10 years fools
yeah 2008 was a decade ago

you guys use your heads and figure out what is likely afoot knowing SARCOs history

I'm seeing tons of wishful thinking

still a great buy

It's like morons thinking the influx of Izzy kits are flowing direct from Israel
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2018, 08:05   #95
pistolero1911
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post

Chance are two choices:

Stored pre 2008 kits with barrels

or

recent kits imported sans barrel that SARCO introduced G1 barrels into. That's what I lean toward them being. Total mixmasters.
not pissing on the parade here but it is what it is.

No one can import original barrel kits for 10 years fools
yeah 2008 was a decade ago
If Lee is correct on the origins of these kits [post # 70], they were imported in the 1990s from Nicaragua, ordered by the Burns Brothers.

Stored for years by Spiral Fab and or Dan's.

Yes a bit more history on these kits would be appreciated by all.
Old November 08, 2018, 09:56   #96
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

Old November 08, 2018, 10:03   #97
pistolero1911
Registered

Sweet stick, that is one good lookin' Cuban. Whose receiver did you build on?
Old November 08, 2018, 10:07   #98
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post
Sweet stick, that is one good lookin' Cuban. Whose receiver did you build on?
I rebarreled a Entreprise Type 1 ABNI stamped receiver....and forgot something
Old November 08, 2018, 10:13   #99
Fal762nato
Registered

FALaholic #: 81474
Quote:
Nice build. Is that a Cuban lower with the triangle or the Chilean one without the triangle mark? I noticed some people were getting Cubans and some were getting Chileans lowers. These kits came out of nicuragua it seems so they can be mixed Cuban or Chilean.
Fal762nato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2018, 10:26   #100
jpa61
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I rebarreled a Entreprise Type 1 ABNI stamped receiver....and forgot something

good thing they included a rubber band huh