Notices

Old March 13, 2019, 10:21   #301
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
In some countries yes they are demilled.

In other countries thanks to the new EU directives all these semi autos and full autos are going away in the rest of Europe.
No wall hangers in my house. All ok, all selectives.
For collectors there isn"t much changing.
The news you guys pick up about EU seems to be "easy black and white" news.
Truth has many layers.

For us, not much affects the collector and shooters.

Same we here in EU about the USA, most Europeans think every US man has got at least 20 full auto guns in his home and they all carry a pistol 24/7.
There pick-up have shotgunracks in the rear and you can shoot everywere you want.

In reality ...
Believe me, if you like full auto's come to Europe... They go cheaper as the semi auto since there is not extra proofstamp and semi attest needed. (+120$ cost)
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 11:02   #302
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 81718
Truthfully, I doubt I could afford the ammo for full auto rifles(fixed income). I'd better stay where I'm at?
Steve
Old March 13, 2019, 11:20   #303
VHart51
Registered

FALaholic #: 81270
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
No wall hangers in my house. All ok, all selectives.
For collectors there isn"t much changing.
The news you guys pick up about EU seems to be "easy black and white" news.
Truth has many layers.

For us, not much affects the collector and shooters.

Same we here in EU about the USA, most Europeans think every US man has got at least 20 full auto guns in his home and they all carry a pistol 24/7.
There pick-up have shotgunracks in the rear and you can shoot everywere you want.

In reality ...
Believe me, if you like full auto's come to Europe... They go cheaper as the semi auto since there is not extra proofstamp and semi attest needed. (+120$ cost)
And how do you know we don't?
VHart51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 16:05   #304
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHart51 View Post

And how do you know we don't?

Been in the States
On all those day's i saw Zero guns...
Old March 14, 2019, 00:46   #305
GS455
Registered

FALaholic #: 63848
Quote:
Been in the States
On all those day's i saw Zero guns...
Where? New York? California? I can and used to carry 24/7. I have seen those pickup trucks with rifles hanging in racks in the rear window.

Have you been to Tennessee? Come on. We welcome you.

Not to take this thread too far afield (again) but in what Euro country can the common man (not rich guy with time and money to spend on applications and approvals declaring he's a "collecter") just decide one day he wants a personal pistol or rifle for "for any legal purposes" and walk home from a retail establishment the same day with one in the trunk of his car or tucked in his belt?

I've worked for Austrian French and German companies and presently work for a British company. No, it does not happen over there. You have to have to be granted extremely special dispensation. I suspect you belong in this category and good for you but you have been given the privilege. Over here it's a right. A right that each state sometimes tries to carve into different levels of acceptance because the Second Amendment is not, as we would say, fully Incorporated.

I love your rifles and I'm somewhat covetous. Over here it would be a $200 federal tax stamp and what ever a seller can get from a buyer to get a fully automatic firearm. What do you have to go through over there? And yeah these are old topics and yeah it should be an entirely other hread. But so should the posting of your Israeli rifles. They look good but this thread is about the purchase of the DSA clones they've recently launched. Fire up a new post introducing them. I'd like to learn more.
GS455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2019, 01:40   #306
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Been in NY, Miami, everglades, Orlando..., Keys

Only hunter can carry a gun on there shoulders.
Consealed carry is indeed extreme rare in EU. You need to be a Jewish diamant trader or so.

Be a collector cost only some 100$ a year. Doesn't matter if you got 20 or 200 MG's, pistols...
And no, i'm not rich, really not. Just a teacher... It's dirt cheap here
Those izzys, next topic as soon as i got the other one in my hands. I make good pics and put'm in the FAL image section like my other reference pics for all those clone builders.

Keep'm shooting guys

Paco out
Old March 14, 2019, 07:57   #307
jdmcomp
Registered

FALaholic #: 8267
Finely after 10 weeks I have notice that my rifle will be here today.
jdmcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 10:45   #308
phillyboy
Registered

FALaholic #: 81491
Arriving tomorrow

After 9 weeks, the tracking number indicates it will arrive my LGS tomorrow. By the way, donít let DSA site Mis-inform you, shipping isnít free.
phillyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 12:46   #309
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy View Post
After 9 weeks, the tracking number indicates it will arrive my LGS tomorrow. By the way, donít let DSA site Mis-inform you, shipping isnít free.
Would you expect it to be with a 10+lb rifle? I think you're dreaming in today's world.
Steve
Old March 17, 2019, 13:46   #310
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Would you expect it to be with a 10+lb rifle?
Steve
If the ad says so, yes. I would.
Old March 17, 2019, 14:03   #311
S.B.
Registered
Contributor

I never read that in their ad?
Steve
Old March 17, 2019, 17:32   #312
Tobias Took
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79463
My order receipt says Shipping: UPS Ground $0.00 so I am not expecting any other charges.

Edit: I just put one in my cart and started the checkout process and UPS: Free is still one of the options.

Last edited by Tobias Took; March 17, 2019 at 17:50.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 17:45   #313
phillyboy
Registered

Quote:
Would you expect it to be with a 10+lb rifle? I think you're dreaming in today's world.
Steve
Their site said USPS Ground shipping is free. The order receipt also indicated shipping is free. However, the receipt I received after credit card charged showed shipping cost is $25.

I called to enquire and their reply was ďno serial items come with free shippingĒ. Iím here to inform everyone not to expect free shipping despite what they indicate on their site and not complaining paying the $25 for shipping.
Old March 17, 2019, 17:46   #314
mellow
Captain Awesome
Contributor

FALaholic #: 50296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Took View Post
My order receipt says Shipping: UPS Ground $0.00 so I am not expecting any other charges.

Edit: I just put one in my cart and the started the checkout process and UPS: Free is still one of the options.
I believe its an error,do you see where driver leaving a note or the package for free is an option? I doubt that will happen,. I got charged 1350 for an officer grade with unthreaded barrel and no combo device which is lower than i expected. But i got charged for shipping and extra 4 bucks for signature required to release package. The 50 extra for color in was worth it , they did oevery letter and number on receiver both sides
Old March 17, 2019, 17:53   #315
Tobias Took
Silver Contributor

Well, one of the advantages of using credit cards is the Dispute Charge Feature is easy and effective. They can't just randomly add charges after you have agreed on the price.

We shall see though. I'm still waiting for mine.
Old March 17, 2019, 17:55   #316
phillyboy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow View Post
I believe its an error,do you see where driver leaving a note or the package for free is an option? I doubt that will happen,. I got charged 1350 for an officer grade with unthreaded barrel and no combo device which is lower than i expected. But i got charged for shipping and extra 4 bucks for signature required to release package. The 50 extra for color in was worth it , they did oevery letter and number on receiver both sides
Yes, they told me free shipping is an error on the site and compensated me with a $25 credit for the next purchase. So, do call and ask for that.
Old March 17, 2019, 17:57   #317
Tobias Took
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy View Post
Yes, they told me free shipping is an error on the site and compensated me with a $25 credit for the next purchase. So, do call and ask for that.

That would work for me. I need a few small things from them anyway.

I may still dispute though, because a deal is a deal and they need to get their stuff in order.
Old March 17, 2019, 18:00   #318
phillyboy
Registered

Quote:
I never read that in their ad?
Steve
In fact, I am living in a dream world of buying more FAL.
Old March 17, 2019, 18:27   #319
Sk8Man
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow View Post
I ordered, directly with DSA, my Officers Model on December 28th. and received it 6.5 weeks later. I paid the then advertised price of $1495.00 shipped (shipping included) and an additional $4.25 for requiring an adult signature before the UPS driver could leave the rifle; so $1499.25 total. This was with an unthreaded barrel, no suppressor installed, but the Short Belgian type FH and DSA FN type plastic furniture had to be included, I was told, as well as a very nice DSA FAL Manual and a, I will say, worthless sling. But I like the rifle I received very well, especially after my replacing a few parts with NOS parts.

I now have a set of DSA FN FAL plastic type furniture to get rid of that includes a DSA short Belgian FH, DSA HGs, DSA FN style humpback buttstock w/sling-swivel, all but the carry-handle and I will throw in a worthless sling. Also, the original wood that came on the Israeli Officers Model from DSA to let go of if anyone interested,
_

"A manís character is accurately measured by his reaction to lifeís inequalities."

"The highest courage is to dare to be true to yourself in the face of adversity, choosing right over wrong,
ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity. These are the choices that measure your life.
Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing."

Last edited by Sk8Man; March 17, 2019 at 22:33.
Sk8Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2019, 09:26   #320
jnojr
Registered

FALaholic #: 7886
FWIW, my order placed on 02 MAR for the Officer's Grade shows $0 for shipping and $4.25 to require a signature. My card has not been charged yet. But they offered free shipping, so it isn't unreasonable to hold them to it, especially on a $1500 purchase.
jnojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2019, 13:20   #321
GS455
Registered

My inquiry email exchange with DSA Customer Service . . .

Me: Is shipping $ included in cost of purchase?

Them: Yes, the shipping fee is $25.00 and is included in the final balance.

Me: Just want to be clear. So even though UPS Shipping shows $0 on the attached order confirmation there will be an additional $25 upon final invoice?

Them: Yes, the site automatically gives free shipping on orders over $400.00 but since this is a serialized item it does not qualify for shipping promotions. This information is shown during the checkout process.
Old March 18, 2019, 18:01   #322
Monkeypants
Registered

FALaholic #: 82016
If anybody has extra $17,500 lyin around, you can buy a real Springfield Armory imported Hebrew Hammer that just came up on Armslist - Full Auto NFA Fun.
Monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2019, 18:16   #323
seasmoke
Registered

FALaholic #: 71770
Yours?
seasmoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2019, 18:17   #324
GS455
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypants View Post
If anybody has extra $17,500 lyin around, you can buy a real Springfield Armory imported Hebrew Hammer that just came up on Armslist - Full Auto NFA Fun.
1st post?
Old March 18, 2019, 18:21   #325
Monkeypants
Registered

FALaholic #: 82016
Yes. First post. Been lurking for a couple of months. Mark is building my first riFAL.
No. Not mine but it literally came up on Armslist within the last 1/2 hr.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/971899...08-machine-gun
Monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2019, 07:59   #326
FNBROWNING
Registered

FALaholic #: 78208
Location: South African collector of firearms. I have just acquired an FN FAL para that was likely used in Rhodesia and thought that it might be of interest to members in that it it is a para conversion of an R1
Quote:
Been in NY, Miami, everglades, Orlando..., Keys

Only hunter can carry a gun on there shoulders.
Consealed carry is indeed extreme rare in EU. You need to be a Jewish diamant trader or so.

Be a collector cost only some 100$ a year. Doesn't matter if you got 20 or 200 MG's, pistols...
And no, i'm not rich, really not. Just a teacher... It's dirt cheap here
Those izzys, next topic as soon as i got the other one in my hands. I make good pics and put'm in the FAL image section like my other reference pics for all those clone builders.

Keep'm shooting guys

Paco out
Paco I think some of us would appreciate you ellaborating a bit more. As in does that only apply to Belgium or are some other European countries included. Additionally do you have to be a citizen or can you be a resident with an EU passport. Not a question of being lazy but information about arms collecting in the EU is pretty scarce on the internet. Either due to filters or people understandably and interntionally keeping the information pretty close to their chests. Thanks.
FNBROWNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2019, 15:14   #327
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
Paco I think some of us would appreciate you ellaborating a bit more. As in does that only apply to Belgium or are some other European countries included. Additionally do you have to be a citizen or can you be a resident with an EU passport. Not a question of being lazy but information about arms collecting in the EU is pretty scarce on the internet. Either due to filters or people understandably and interntionally keeping the information pretty close to their chests. Thanks.
Ok,

You don't need to be a Belgian, if you live here residental, you can get it. There are US based soldiers that got permits for a few years on belgian Soil. (mostly the leave with the guns )

Each country has got it's own rules. There are new EU directives but they are not yet installed and even then, it might change from country to country.

The local governor of the province (state) you live in has to decide about your permit. If you got all things right, they can hardly stop you, just delay.

You will need to get 5 fire arms in a "theme". A theme can be geogaphy, timeframed, politican, brand, system, patent, calibre or whatever.
If you got like a mauser, P38, FN 1922, Luger p08 and a PPK you could go for "weapons used by German regulary forces".

But, a theme like weapons used in the coldwar, by NATO or in the Gulf2 conflict are also possible. If you like all 9mm's, its possible. Only Gatlings, ...
Combinations are possible
In 2006 it was possible to have a collectorslicense for "weapons, all kinds".
After 2006 you needed the theme. So, they had to find something to include the weapons you had before 2006

My theme is crazy:
Belgian and German regular forces
Weapons made by Browning and Belgian patents
Weapons made by FN, Browning or Belgium factories and patents
Weapons made in 9mm para, 5.56 nato and 7.62 nato
Including silencers, lasers, grenadelaunchers, subcalibres.

Most european info can be found or asked at FESAC https://www.fesac.eu/
For Belgium www.bvvw.be i'm founding member#002

I hope this helps.

PAco
Old March 22, 2019, 20:16   #328
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79321
Very Interesting paco, thanks for sharing that. I think it's pretty cool.
Southern 7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2019, 00:59   #329
GS455
Registered

Quote:
The local governor of the province (state) you live in has to decide about your permit. If you got all things right, they can hardly stop you, just delay.

You will need to get 5 fire arms in a "theme".
And then there's New Zealand's recent executive order.

Great that you check the boxes and get to be permitted. No seriously, man, the more folks in your land that could/would take up arms at least as a hobbyist or collector would be great. And then in numbers things could change but I fear not. You are kind of on the fringe of the typical European's ideology regarding firearms. Nation/states, pre/post Imperial and Regal rule have never espoused (and I'm generalizing) true freedom of individual citizens.

Our Federalist Papers (pre Constitution, 1780s) talk in great length about the citizenry of Europe's freedoms being at the whims of royal despots and oligarchs and that "a" citizenry should have a the right to defend themselves not only from local criminals and personal attack but of unjust royal decrees (read: Executive Orders). Where does that come from? These are traditions rooted in nearly a thousand years of the ebb-and-flow British law specifying arms as a means of personal defense while espousing accountability to your family, neighbors, community, counties and country via the concept of militia. Something they lost by the early 19th century and we inherited (thanks to James Madison) in the late 18th century in our Bill Of Rights.

I suggest any British/US history buff with an affinity for the 2nd amendment and it's origins, seeking the tools to truly understand and defend it read "To Keep And Bear Arms" by Joyce Lee Malcom. She herself has a very interesting pedigree and undertook arduous, in depth research of the subject studying centuries of British manuscripts, laws and recorded minutes of local and parliamentary deliberations and court cases. It's a bit tedious at times but you will learn a lot about our US history born of the English and the exact reasons our founders worded the 2nd amendment in a way that should be crystal clear to all (at least in those days) upon first reading.

Okay. Back to the Izzy clones. I'm expecting mine in May.
Old March 23, 2019, 01:55   #330
FNBROWNING
Registered

FALaholic #: 78208
Location: South African collector of firearms. I have just acquired an FN FAL para that was likely used in Rhodesia and thought that it might be of interest to members in that it it is a para conversion of an R1
Thank you very much Paco. A beacon of hope to be sure.
FNBROWNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2019, 15:56   #331
ruskiegunlover
Registered

FALaholic #: 28545
Just updating my order. Tomorrow is the 8 week point since my order. Not angry, just updating. Hoping in the next two weeks.
ruskiegunlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2019, 19:01   #332
exred
Registered

FALaholic #: 78053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
Just updating my order. Tomorrow is the 8 week point since my order. Not angry, just updating. Hoping in the next two weeks.
I'm on my 12th week.... nothing yet.
exred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2019, 19:27   #333
ruskiegunlover
Registered

First time I have ever ordered something like this. The wait is killing me.
Old March 25, 2019, 22:23   #334
flyboy1910
Registered

FALaholic #: 31588
Ordered went active 1/31 after DSA got my FFL. Entering week 8. After 12 weeks I would for sure be following up. Iím getting the impression based on their Facebook posts they are going to release a large batch soon to people that ordered. With all the SHOT Show videos and now FW doing a video, Iím guessing interest is high.
flyboy1910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2019, 13:59   #335
C1 Chinook
Registered

FALaholic #: 82137
Jan .15th. Just crickets so far. Should be first part of April.
C1 Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2019, 15:11   #336
ruskiegunlover
Registered

Well, I got in jan 25th, I believe before shot and everything picked up. So HOPEFULLY I got in....
Old March 26, 2019, 16:15   #337
flyboy1910
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1 Chinook View Post
Jan .15th. Just crickets so far. Should be first part of April.
I believe we were all quoted a 6-8 week build time, at least I was. Itís not unreasonable to pick up the phone or send an email if youíre outside of that to look for an update. Hopefully DSA can comment.

If theyíre backlogged because they had more orders than anticipated than I can accept that. Things happen. Just would be nice to know for sure.
Old March 26, 2019, 17:21   #338
tankerfrank
Registered

FALaholic #: 7360
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1910 View Post
Ordered went active 1/31 after DSA got my FFL. Entering week 8. After 12 weeks I would for sure be following up. I’m getting the impression based on their Facebook posts they are going to release a large batch soon to people that ordered. With all the SHOT Show videos and now FW doing a video, I’m guessing interest is high.
Where did you See that on Facebook I see your "but I don't see anything else
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
100%Service-Connected Disabled Veteran

Last edited by tankerfrank; March 26, 2019 at 17:22. Reason: Added
tankerfrank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2019, 17:58   #339
flyboy1910
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerfrank View Post
Where did you See that on Facebook I see your "but I don't see anything else
Pic of a big rack of rifles.
Old March 26, 2019, 21:53   #340
tankerfrank
Registered

[QUOTE=flyboy1910;4716730]Pic of a big rack of rifles.[/Q Yes I see them now I must have been on a different DSA Page. I am on 8 weeks now it would really be cool if mine is in one of those racks. I'm in Illinois about 10 miles from DSA. I've been buying magazines like crazy , Here in Illinois You never knows when the shoe will drop
Old March 26, 2019, 22:35   #341
GS455
Registered

Quote:
Ordered went active 1/31 after DSA got my FFL. Entering week 8. After 12 weeks I would for sure be following up. Iím getting the impression based on their Facebook posts they are going to release a large batch soon to people that ordered. With all the SHOT Show videos and now FW doing a video, Iím guessing interest is high.
For those of us not using Facebook how bout a pic or screen capture?
Old March 26, 2019, 22:46   #342
flyboy1910
Registered

https://imgur.com/gallery/lMDQrSh
Old March 27, 2019, 00:34   #343
GS455
Registered

Quote:
I good grief those are all Officer's Grade (look good). Where's the rack with my ratty soldiers grade? Sigh. Another 8 weeks I guess.
Old March 27, 2019, 03:09   #344
tankerfrank
Registered

Talking

I think the DSA Representative follow this forum, so maybe he can weigh-in and let us know if they're getting Ready to ship out a large mount of officers models. That's what I ordered,
In 5 days it will be 8 weeks.
I have gotten into this rifle so much that I went ahead and ordered A Israeli defense uniform,It came in about a week ago fits me perfect , So I will be run around the basement Defending my little Piece of Israel.
Old March 27, 2019, 03:41   #345
C1 Chinook
Registered

Called DSA said April for me. Great service and Q and A answered. I am.very happy with my DSA SA58.
Old March 27, 2019, 09:47   #346
ruskiegunlover
Registered

I am ten days later than you. Jan 25th.

Dang. Just crazy impatient. Taking a small group of my high school students on a non school sponsored target shooting trip April 6th.....Really wish I had this then. These are young republican kids who started a club in my room. Hang out, talk politics. Going to get parent permission, take them all shooting. Beretta m9, Bushmaster classic A2, m91/30, 1911A1, maybe my immatation no4 sniper.

Oh well. Will just wait it out. Will be worth it.
Old March 28, 2019, 17:18   #347
exred
Registered

FALaholic #: 78053
Got a call today from DSA rep, my "Officer Grade" is ready for pick up, going to get it this Saturday. This Sunday would have been 3 months of wait time.
exred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2019, 14:06   #348
jwc179
Registered

FALaholic #: 82029
DSA Israeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by exred View Post
Got a call today from DSA rep, my "Officer Grade" is ready for pick up, going to get it this Saturday. This Sunday would have been 3 months of wait time.

Exred, when did you order?

I ordered mine Jan 9th. Was told 4-6 weeks at the time of ordering.

Told in February 6-8 weeks.

March 27th was 11 weeks.

This might be a good rifle from the reports we are getting, but DSA's communication with this whole process has absolutely sucked. There should be some kinda que system so we can track the progress of the items we ordered. Not asking for much considering how much $ is being spent here.
jwc179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2019, 16:15   #349
homebrewkid
Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10958
I don't mind waiting...I'd rather them take their time and get it right the first time around and not have to deal with a sloppy rush job that has QC issues.

BTW ordered 1/22 and nothing yet.

Last edited by homebrewkid; March 29, 2019 at 18:22.
homebrewkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2019, 17:04   #350
C1 Chinook
Registered

Yup Jan. 15 for me only a week or two to wait now. D.S.A. is doing great a job on these rifles. Will be worth the wait. Thankyou!!