Notices

Old February 23, 2019, 08:44   #101
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 9689
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
You assume that when DSA goes from 33k to 34k, that means they made 1000 receivers - there is no evidence to support that assumption. But lets just suppose there is a receiver for each serial number possibility.

Of the 120+ L1A1 receivers, I have had 14 in the shop - all were defective. That's not a tenth of a percent.

I've had 92 DS Arms FAL receivers or complete guns in since 1/1/17. Can't tell without manually counting which were DS or DSA prefix, but given the DS haven't been produced for many years, the majority are DSA. I can remember one or maybe 2 since I started documenting the problems, that were not defective in a significant manner.

DSA must report complete rifles (and pistols, shotguns) manufactured to ATF includes not just FALs but also AR-15s. I do not know what percentage are FALs and what percentage are AR-15s. They also made some handguns.

2018 report not due yet
2017 none reported (hmm. . .. . )
2016 1806
2015 1567
2014 872
2013 3402
2012 1257

So congratulations, in your attempt to shill for DSA in a thread on engraving, you have invited me to provide documentation that is not beneficial to them.
So now your assumptions are countering my so-called assumptions?
I cut out some of your bla bla bla in your quote for more clarity.

Your rebuttal is still less that one percent and is still the consumer industry norm for returned items. Has DSA ever refused a return?
I highly question any consumer who states DSA returned a repair or a exclange back to the purchaser and it was untouches or experienced the same issues. I believe you are just embellishing you weak position against DSA to further your business.

Do you have any proof that any DSA receiver run issues were systemic? I believe your warped and pitted tomato stake barrels you are peddling are a systemic problem which are leftover from Entreprise Arms rejects.
Old February 23, 2019, 08:54   #102
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
This is just plain dumb and I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever seen an FAL receiver at all. I can't wrap my head around knowing you have but then still making statements like these. Your already low credibility just took a final dive, Dak. There's nothing you can say that can be taken seriously.
Really? When any amount of metal is removed from a product it does not weaken the continuity of the metal? Try wrapping you head around that and try to be more objective and less subjectively biased.
Old February 23, 2019, 09:00   #103
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakTo View Post
Really? When any amount of metal is removed from a product it does not weaken the continuity of the metal? Try wrapping you head around that and try to be more objective and less subjectively biased.
I've never owned a DSA riFAL or receiver and I don't have a dog in this fight. Furthermore, I do try (really I do) to stay out of most of the pissing matches around here, but good gawd

By your logic, an 80% receiver is apparently much better than a correctly machined receiver????

I solid block of steel is then even more preferable????
Old February 23, 2019, 09:18   #104
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
I've never owned a DSA riFAL or receiver and I don't have a dog in this fight. Furthermore, I do try (really I do) to stay out of most of the pissing matches around here, but good gawd

By your logic, an 80% receiver is apparently much better than a correctly machined receiver????

Is that solid block cast......or forged? Ha ha ha!
Southern 7.62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2019, 14:16   #105
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:

Let's look at it this way. DSA is the only game in town as far as FAL receivers are concerned and perhaps to some as the indisputable golden goose right now.
Pissin' and moanin' about receivers made several years ago and now off market is possibly just an ego trip to some.

I think you need to brush up on your logic since it does not make a logical statement.
Old February 23, 2019, 15:10   #106
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Let's look at it this way. DSA is the only game in town as far as FAL receivers are concerned and perhaps to some as the indisputable golden goose right now.
Pissin' and moanin' about receivers made several years ago and now off market is possibly just an ego trip to some.

I think you need to brush up on your logic since it does not make a logical statement.
Yes, they had troubles years ago. Denying it doesn't make it not so, your logic is flawed.
They also had trouble in the last couple of years with a run of L1A1 receivers so the history of problems is fairly recent, your logic is flawed.
I have no idea how old the receivers are that Mark just corrected but they had problems none the less, your logic is flawed.

And then the original purpose of this thread was to highlight the mediocre engraving. Which, by the way, DSA REP confirmed was a compromise between quality and speed.
But then you had to pipe up and bring the past BS into a thread that had nothing to do with it, the thread was about engraving, nothing else.
You knew by dredging up past BS that Mark would call you on it so it seems you've railroaded this thread on purpose.

Finally, it's preposterous to believe that it's perfectly acceptable to give a company a pass on QC simply because they are the only ones offering the product. Your logic is flawed.

A single point of truth, especially in this case, is if you would keep your shilling pile hole closed these informative threads would never, or rarely at least, devolve into a cyber pissing match. Your one sided view and complete and utter denial of facts adds zero to the conversation.

But then you seem incapable of that kind of logic. If fact, you seem to reboot every time you go to bed, in the morning needing to relearn everything you learned the day before. Methinks your RAM is faulty.
Old February 23, 2019, 20:20   #107
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Again, I have no beef with DSA, and I hope they keep making FALs for years to come. That was the nearest thing to a statement in my post, but really, I did not make any statement. I asked you two questions.

Please note the ??? at the end of the sentences I used. Those are question marks. They are commonly used at the end of a sentence of inquiry that seek an answer in the English language. I assumed your were familiar with them. Perhaps not ???

The question marks ??? were directed to your supposed logic that a properly machined receiver is somehow weaker and inferior to a lesser machined receiver.

Leave DSA out of your answer. Please just give me a logical answer to my original question to your original declaration.
Old February 24, 2019, 06:35   #108
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Yes, they had troubles years ago. Denying it doesn't make it not so, your logic is flawed.
They also had trouble in the last couple of years with a run of L1A1 receivers so the history of problems is fairly recent, your logic is flawed.
I have no idea how old the receivers are that Mark just corrected but they had problems none the less, your logic is flawed.

And then the original purpose of this thread was to highlight the mediocre engraving. Which, by the way, DSA REP confirmed was a compromise between quality and speed.
But then you had to pipe up and bring the past BS into a thread that had nothing to do with it, the thread was about engraving, nothing else.
You knew by dredging up past BS that Mark would call you on it so it seems you've railroaded this thread on purpose.

Finally, it's preposterous to believe that it's perfectly acceptable to give a company a pass on QC simply because they are the only ones offering the product. Your logic is flawed.

A single point of truth, especially in this case, is if you would keep your shilling pile hole closed these informative threads would never, or rarely at least, devolve into a cyber pissing match. Your one sided view and complete and utter denial of facts adds zero to the conversation.

But then you seem incapable of that kind of logic. If fact, you seem to reboot every time you go to bed, in the morning needing to relearn everything you learned the day before. Methinks your RAM is faulty.
If you actually believe DSA gives a damn if you are giving them a pass or not you are living in the past. DSA lives in the present and looks forward to the future as do I. If Graham and his minions wish to live in some type of infamous past so be it.
Thank you for your input and you do know you have the option not to read any of my opinions.

Last edited by DakTo; February 24, 2019 at 09:30.
DakTo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2019, 06:41   #109
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Again, I have no beef with DSA, and I hope they keep making FALs for years to come. That was the nearest thing to a statement in my post, but really, I did not make any statement. I asked you two questions.

Please note the ??? at the end of the sentences I used. Those are question marks. They are commonly used at the end of a sentence of inquiry that seek an answer in the English language. I assumed your were familiar with them. Perhaps not ???

The question marks ??? were directed to your supposed logic that a properly machined receiver is somehow weaker and inferior to a lesser machined receiver.

Leave DSA out of your answer. Please just give me a logical answer to my original question to your original declaration.
For someone with no dog in the discussion I find you somewhat insulting. So now you are an expert in the manufacturing of FAL receivers>???

Last edited by DakTo; February 24, 2019 at 09:31.
DakTo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2019, 08:05   #110
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:

He can't give you a logical answer because if he did he would be admitting he was wrong.
Signed Marks Minion!
Old February 24, 2019, 08:42   #111
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
I believe your warped and pitted tomato stake barrels you are peddling are a systemic problem which are leftover from Entreprise Arms rejects.
You mean the ones here
https://arizonaresponsesystems.com/product/fal-barrel/
that are clearly identify as to the specific nature of their flaws (and priced accordingly)?

Thanks for the plug, by the way.
Old February 24, 2019, 08:51   #112
NHBandit
Registered

FALaholic #: 7986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.92 Dreamin View Post
You really are a shill lol
Joined this month.. 16 posts.. and already a f-in expert.. Run along sonny
Old February 24, 2019, 09:24   #113
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
You mean the ones here
https://arizonaresponsesystems.com/product/fal-barrel/
that are clearly identify as to the specific nature of their flaws (and priced accordingly)?

Thanks for the plug, by the way.
You are welcome

The so-called plug was in jest and I have no desire to discredit any of the products you sell.
Old February 24, 2019, 09:27   #114
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
He can't give you a logical answer because if he did he would be admitting he was wrong.
Signed Marks Minion!
I have no wish to further reply to your or any other minion's personal agenda.
Graham can stand on his own legs.
Old February 24, 2019, 20:31   #115
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
You are welcome

The so-called plug was in jest and I have no desire to discredit any of the products you sell.
Nevertheless, it resulted in three new "warped and pitted tomato stake barrels you are peddling" sales today.
Old February 25, 2019, 06:02   #116
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Nevertheless, it resulted in three new "warped and pitted tomato stake barrels you are peddling" sales today.
In fairness I had to walk that statement back.
You know as well as I it would be inadvisable to put a pitted barrel on a costly FAL investment unless the barrel was shortened past the pitting.
Old February 25, 2019, 08:24   #117
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
In fairness I had to walk that statement back.
You know as well as I it would be inadvisable to put a pitted barrel on a costly FAL investment unless the barrel was shortened past the pitting.
Not sure how you can slander me and, and then call pretending you didn't "walking it back". But gas lighting seems to be your new shtick. I think the words you are looking for are "sincere public apology" and yeah, that would be a step in the right direction. But you are a worthless piece of shit and nobody would value your apology any more than they value the rest of the lies you spew.

Quote:
I believe your warped and pitted tomato stake barrels you are peddling are a systemic problem which are leftover from Entreprise Arms rejects.
Old February 25, 2019, 11:46   #118
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Not sure how you can slander me and, and then call pretending you didn't "walking it back". But gas lighting seems to be your new shtick. I think the words you are looking for are "sincere public apology" and yeah, that would be a step in the right direction. But you are a worthless piece of shit and nobody would value your apology any more than they value the rest of the lies you spew.
Slander you? Now that has to be the greatest joke of my 16 years here on the FALFiles. Over those years you have just about slandered every member who had ever disagreed you on any issue and almost every vendor in the gun business.

Apologize? Excuse moi you psycho turd. You are one of the very few people I have met in my life without a ounce of decency.
As I has said before, you are a nihilistic person with a "dark mind" with a lack of social morality and unable to determine between right and wrong.
How anyone can call you a friend is beyond me.
Old February 25, 2019, 12:01   #119
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Slander you? Now that has to be the greatest joke of my 16 years here on the FALFiles. Over those years you have just about slandered every member who had ever disagreed you on any issue and almost every vendor in the gun business.
You are clearly stupid, but I'll try to educate you - when you knowingly lie to disparage my business, that is slander. Putting "I believe" in front of something you know to be a lie, does not turn slander into opinion. The difference between slander and libel on a platform versus a publication is too nuanced for a moron like you. But for simplicity, libel is published. Slander is spoken, or written on a platform that is not a publication.

When I make an assertion that I believe to be true, and document that believe with copious photographic supporting evidence - that is not slander. That facts may be unpleasant and cause some a case of butthurt - and even if it causes financial losses - it still is not slander. Truth is ALWAYS an affirmative defense (except in England).

That I have the technical background to know of what I write makes the actionable standard for slander LOWER for me. Because when I say something, people pay attention and take action based on my assertions.

Because you are known to be a pathological liar, stupid, and low-life piece of shit; makes your standard higher. Because everyone knows you are full of shit, so they don't take you seriously. So to make your slander actionable requires a much higher standard.

The same can be said for the free-for-all that is facebook versus a technical forum. Slander on facebook much meet a higher standard to be actionable than the same slander on a technical forum.

Quote:
Apologize? Excuse moi you psycho turd. You are one of the very few people I have met in my life without a ounce of decency.
As I has said before, you are a nihilistic person with a "dark mind" with a lack of social morality and unable to determine between right and wrong.
How anyone can call you a friend is beyond me.
(sigh)
Old February 25, 2019, 17:01   #120
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Gunplumber I have decided to place all your post on my ignore list. This will prevent all future communication between us.
Old February 25, 2019, 17:08   #121
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Gunplumber I have decided to place all your post on my ignore list. This will prevent all future communication between us.
I thought about putting you on ignore, but I have a duty to the community to refute your constant lies. So I will not put you on ignore, and will continue to bitch-slap you whenever you humiliate yourself with your stupid comments and incessant lies.
Old March 05, 2019, 21:17   #122
gwgn02
Registered

FALaholic #: 64584
DSA Israeli "markings" are hilariously poor in their authenticity to the real ones.

Why so difficult? Its not. Its laziness.
gwgn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2019, 21:37   #123
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Hmmm, the engravings Pat had looked pretty good as well as I think I've seen them done by Engravings by Angela or something like that that looked pretty good as well. DSA need to reprofile their engraving head so that it creates a cleaner/sharper engraving for one..

https://engravingbyangela.com/aks%2Fgalils
Old March 07, 2019, 21:31   #124
killerjackni
Registered

FALaholic #: 82203
I know it may sound stupid. But if I really received my soldier grade izzy FAL in such poor engraving, is it possible to remove it completely and have someone who really have potential to do a proper job?
killerjackni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 08:14   #125
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjackni View Post
I know it may sound stupid. But if I really received my soldier grade izzy FAL in such poor engraving, is it possible to remove it completely and have someone who really have potential to do a proper job?
Unfortunately, no. At least it's beyond my ability. The cast receiver, the amount of TIG weld fill necessary and the thin 1.5mm mag well wall, all make welding that shit in, to redo it nicely, impractical.

Which is why a local very large volume gun store has asked DSA for 50 blank receivers. Their markings on the inside as with the Izzy but otherwise blank. Then they can have me laser engrave them nicely with whatever markings the customer wants. Right now I have G1, StG-58, Argentine, Brazilian, and Israeli (part one) available. DSA has not been responsive.

With DSA unwilling or unable to fill this demand, he has reopened our earlier investigation into making receivers with an AR manufacturer. The other guy I was working with (has made M14 receivers for a big name) has his machines running 24-7 on aerospace, and can't do it. But he is now collaborating with us under the philosophy of "get good receivers, doesn't matter who makes them" that has motivated me to share all the original prints. So we have the money guy, the machine guy, the programming guy and me to test everything for fit.

Prints are converted - plastic proof of concept has been 3D printed. Still need to tighten up the barrel threads optimal timing but everything else fits. We'll probably run one out of aluminum so I can play with the dimensions some more. And in addition to all the CNC machines this manufacturer has, he also can make my L1A1 barrels w/ 5R rifling, since DEZ has been dragging ass - 3 months and still no quote.

And he has a laser engraver much bigger than the desktop model I've been using over at MLS ARMS.

All of which we've been motivated to do because DSA does not seem to care about meeting a real market demand.

test burn of izzy markings part 1

Last edited by gunplumber; March 08, 2019 at 08:33.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 10:43   #126
Surly
Registered

FALaholic #: 3610
Quoted for dukto.

Quote:
Unfortunately, no. At least it's beyond my ability. The cast receiver, the amount of TIG weld fill necessary and the thin 1.5mm mag well wall, all make welding that shit in, to redo it nicely, impractical.

Which is why a local very large volume gun store has asked DSA for 50 blank receivers. Their markings on the inside as with the Izzy but otherwise blank. Then they can have me laser engrave them nicely with whatever markings the customer wants. Right now I have G1, StG-58, Argentine, Brazilian, and Israeli (part one) available. DSA has not been responsive.

With DSA unwilling or unable to fill this demand, he has reopened our earlier investigation into making receivers with an AR manufacturer. The other guy I was working with (has made M14 receivers for a big name) has his machines running 24-7 on aerospace, and can't do it. But he is now collaborating with us under the philosophy of "get good receivers, doesn't matter who makes them" that has motivated me to share all the original prints. So we have the money guy, the machine guy, the programming guy and me to test everything for fit.

Prints are converted - plastic proof of concept has been 3D printed. Still need to tighten up the barrel threads optimal timing but everything else fits. We'll probably run one out of aluminum so I can play with the dimensions some more. And in addition to all the CNC machines this manufacturer has, he also can make my L1A1 barrels w/ 5R rifling, since DEZ has been dragging ass - 3 months and still no quote.

And he has a laser engraver much bigger than the desktop model I've been using over at MLS ARMS.

All of which we've been motivated to do because DSA does not seem to care about meeting a real market demand.

test burn of izzy markings part 1

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 11:40   #127
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

Mark, if you run pilots in aluminum I'd be interested in one of them for a .22 project.
Old March 08, 2019, 23:07   #128
GS455
Registered

FALaholic #: 63848
Sounds like the makings of a new player in town.
GS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 23:38   #129
Vaughn L. Allen
GB & Ebay: Saints-Realm
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 26532
Damn Mark! NICE!!!!!

(To such heights of evil are men driven by religion)
Vaughn L. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2019, 16:00   #130
Aviator1006
Registered

FALaholic #: 82070
Mark, I second that and I'm looking forward to see the finished product. It'd be nice to get back to when a FAL can be purchased or built with confidence and quality parts are available to keep one running reliably.
Aviator1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2019, 03:33   #131
Autocrosser1978
Registered

FALaholic #: 81918
A new in spec receiver would be an amazing addition to the Fal market.
Autocrosser1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2019, 17:22   #132
4markk
Military Observer
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 31134
I'd like a Type 5.5, half blued and half parked with paint along non-contact areas. Custom serial and markings in obscure location Ö.

Sorry Ö. Just wanted to be the first!!!!!

ďThe worst thing about growing old is that other men stop seeing you as dangerous.Ē Act Of Valor

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends." Socrates
4markk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2019, 18:18   #133
pl521
Registered

FALaholic #: 74645
Mark - Any timeline on availability?
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2019, 19:34   #134
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl521 View Post
Mark - Any timeline on availability?
All we have right now is a plastic 3D printed model to see how the conversion of the prints into solidworks went. That's all. If I can have an aluminum model in 3 months to better confirm dimensions, I'd be thrilled. But I have no power - I'm just a technical advisor.

we've been looking at pre-heat treated billet which is expensive ($175 each) and will be hard on tooling, but there will be no warping during heat treat. Just an idea, since that seems to be where "others" have had trouble.

The benefit of starting with a casting or forging is you're not wasting 18 pounds of material to make a sub 2# receiver. But it's only cost effective in large volume.

So I don't know if the project will EVER happen. It would just be nice if it did.
Old March 12, 2019, 20:40   #135
GS455
Registered

Quote:
All we have right now is a plastic 3D printed model to see how the conversion of the prints into solidworks went. That's all. If I can have an aluminum model in 3 months to better confirm dimensions, I'd be thrilled. But I have no power - I'm just a technical advisor.

we've been looking at pre-heat treated billet which is expensive ($175 each) and will be hard on tooling, but there will be no warping during heat treat. Just an idea, since that seems to be where "others" have had trouble.

The benefit of starting with a casting or forging is you're not wasting 18 pounds of material to make a sub 2# receiver. But it's only cost effective in large volume.

So I don't know if the project will EVER happen. It would just be nice if it did.
I suppose it's a lot easier with the purse of a nation's budget to play with - eh?
Old March 12, 2019, 20:55   #136
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

Quote:

We cut heat treated 17-4 stainless to make bolt action receivers without any trouble, can't imagine this would be much different. Only got about three receivers out of a single rougher, the stainless was kind of "gooey" and after the third unit the metal was kind of smeared off instead of cut. Finish tooling lasted a long time, though.
Old March 13, 2019, 11:41   #137
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
DSA would be more than happy to accommodate 50 blank magwell (internally marked) FAL receivers. We are rapidly catching up with our backlog. We addressed all requests and inquiries that we wouldnít be able to meet large orders until Spring. And the birds of spring are chirping!

If anyone has any questions whatsoever, please reach out directly.

When we first launched this product, we had a large number of initial orders. We had to meet those obligations prior to starting anything new.

If anyone would like to reach out with questions or concerns we are always here. Please donít take second hand information on our production and manufacturing projects and capabilities. Reach out to myself or someone else in management.

We have done a lot of custom work over the years and take every opportunity possible to work on new projects. We have a lot of great things coming including new products that customers have been requesting for a long time.

As some of you know, we shut down production for a good part of last year to rework our fixtures, make some new ones and overhaul our inspection processes adding additional gauges. On top of that we are adding new machines and capabilities to our facility.

The demand for FAL receivers by and large, isnít a huge market. Weíve been at this for 32 years now. It all of course depends on the availability and pricing on surplus parts. Itís a different time from when we bought the 55,000 STG58ís direct from the Austrian govt. (with B&T) Back then we were selling them for $150-$175. As we all know thatís no longer the case.

Here is what we are currently doingÖ For FAL uppers, we can produce 300+ a month with one shift, utilizing 4 Horizontal CNC mills and 4 secondary op mills. In addition, we have a new horizontal CNC mill on order we plan to dedicate directly to billet/custom receiver jobs.

If demand increases, we are definitely in position to scale production up.

Now that we are back in full swing and steadily shipping, we are going to alternate every month from doing type 1 Israeli marked, to unmarked type 1 & 2. We will throw in type 3ís since its part of a new production model just introduced at Shot.

We are also able to cut (Rhodie/SA) sanitization holes in magwells. This is already available!

FYI - There will be 100 more stripped receivers shipping next week!

For anyone else that wants to manufacture receivers, we wish you all the luck. We have had price increases from every major supplier of an average of 10-30% for all raw materials. The prices of forgings, high carbon steel and aluminum bar are up almost 30%. Now factor in perishable tooling, higher labor rates, machine amortization and scrap.

With our current production schedule, demand will more than be met.

We have been in business for over 30 years. That's 30 proud years to be precise. That's Half the service life of the FAL platform. And it's going strong! We take the preservation of such an iconic platform and piece of history seriously.

I have been to numerous shows, I can tell you I canít count how many people have come up to us thanking us for continuing with this platform and how grateful they are. Everyone here is very humbled by these compliments and work tirelessly to live up to them.

We expressly stand behind our life-time warranty. We stand behind every product we make and are always open to suggestions, even from people that directly attack us with the sole purpose of promoting their own financial interests.

We will continue to keep the FAL platform alive, and with the communities support itíll only get better. From everyone at DSA, THANK YOU!

Shot FALs

Defend 2A

DSA
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 17:32   #138
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
It is a pity that when Dwight Williams imploded that his CAD programs etc were lost to us. If the examples that were run in steel at the end of that saga were available properly heat treated....
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 22:55   #139
GS455
Registered

Isn't this a DSA thread?
Old March 16, 2019, 23:28   #140
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS455 View Post
Isn't this a DSA thread?
Yep your in the right place. "DSA current Israeli engravings"
gentlemanjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 23:30   #141
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
DSA would be more than happy to accommodate 50 blank magwell (internally marked) FAL receivers. We are rapidly catching up with our backlog. We addressed all requests and inquiries that we wouldnít be able to meet large orders until Spring. And the birds of spring are chirping!

If anyone has any questions whatsoever, please reach out directly.

When we first launched this product, we had a large number of initial orders. We had to meet those obligations prior to starting anything new.

If anyone would like to reach out with questions or concerns we are always here. Please donít take second hand information on our production and manufacturing projects and capabilities. Reach out to myself or someone else in management.

We have done a lot of custom work over the years and take every opportunity possible to work on new projects. We have a lot of great things coming including new products that customers have been requesting for a long time.

As some of you know, we shut down production for a good part of last year to rework our fixtures, make some new ones and overhaul our inspection processes adding additional gauges. On top of that we are adding new machines and capabilities to our facility.

The demand for FAL receivers by and large, isnít a huge market. Weíve been at this for 32 years now. It all of course depends on the availability and pricing on surplus parts. Itís a different time from when we bought the 55,000 STG58ís direct from the Austrian govt. (with B&T) Back then we were selling them for $150-$175. As we all know thatís no longer the case.

Here is what we are currently doingÖ For FAL uppers, we can produce 300+ a month with one shift, utilizing 4 Horizontal CNC mills and 4 secondary op mills. In addition, we have a new horizontal CNC mill on order we plan to dedicate directly to billet/custom receiver jobs.

If demand increases, we are definitely in position to scale production up.

Now that we are back in full swing and steadily shipping, we are going to alternate every month from doing type 1 Israeli marked, to unmarked type 1 & 2. We will throw in type 3ís since its part of a new production model just introduced at Shot.

We are also able to cut (Rhodie/SA) sanitization holes in magwells. This is already available!

FYI - There will be 100 more stripped receivers shipping next week!

For anyone else that wants to manufacture receivers, we wish you all the luck. We have had price increases from every major supplier of an average of 10-30% for all raw materials. The prices of forgings, high carbon steel and aluminum bar are up almost 30%. Now factor in perishable tooling, higher labor rates, machine amortization and scrap.

With our current production schedule, demand will more than be met.

We have been in business for over 30 years. That's 30 proud years to be precise. That's Half the service life of the FAL platform. And it's going strong! We take the preservation of such an iconic platform and piece of history seriously.

I have been to numerous shows, I can tell you I canít count how many people have come up to us thanking us for continuing with this platform and how grateful they are. Everyone here is very humbled by these compliments and work tirelessly to live up to them.

We expressly stand behind our life-time warranty. We stand behind every product we make and are always open to suggestions, even from people that directly attack us with the sole purpose of promoting their own financial interests.

We will continue to keep the FAL platform alive, and with the communities support itíll only get better. From everyone at DSA, THANK YOU!

Shot FALs

Defend 2A

DSA
Bears Repeating. Thanks for the thorough break-down update.
gentlemanjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 01:03   #142
GS455
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanjoe View Post
Yep your in the right place. "DSA current Israeli engravings"
Uuuuh, Yeah, well, just seems a lot of people shiting all over DSA on their thread promoting other interests as opposed to starting a new thread germane to what's being promoted.

I am ALL about new endeavors, BTW, just seems a bit tacky to ..........