The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old June 11, 2018, 09:45   #1
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Intergenerational conflict over gun control

I found this short article to be interesting about the intergenerational conflict that has been sparked by David Hogg and his cronies. I'm sure I do not agree with this author and her endorsement of "common sense gun laws", but she makes some really good points about Hogg's strategy of pitting one generation against another.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/...ntergener.html
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 10:21   #2
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Well, my son and his cronies see Hogg as a joke. He said he doesn't represent his generation but the older generation of Hillary. He said that there is information out there (he holds up his phone) that say otherwise about Hogg and his generation reads that.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 13:13   #3
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Communists love guns, muslims love guns, BLM loves guns, FBI loves guns, Cartels love guns, terrorists love guns, law abiding Americans love guns.

Hand a man a gun and watch his eyes sparkle, (unless he is a blower).
People join the armed services to shoot guns and break things.

The more sinister a gun appears, the better we like it.

"Peace" is just the time between wars.

"Deus ex machina."
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 14:17   #4
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Kids generally hate Hogg. There's getting to be blowback to his movement as youngsters tend not to accept anyone claiming they represent everyone else's views.

Pay close attention to these events
Do you actually see many high schoolers ?
nope...mostly young adult SJW anti Trumper types
they go after the NRA because Trump is seen as a NRA President

Elementry schoolers ?
That's not them, that's the teachers
they could get their charges to march for a national Hitler day

in short, it's all more Trump derangement syndrome
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 15:39   #5
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
There may be hope yet:

Millennials Are No More Liberal On Gun Control Than Elders, Polls Show

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 15:58   #6
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Hope for them maybe. Personally I no longer give a crap I've got more guns/ammo etc than my kids can ever shoot in their lifetime. They can do what they will with the world, it will be theirs soon enough.
Old June 11, 2018, 20:59   #7
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Well, my son and his cronies see Hogg as a joke. He said he doesn't represent his generation but the older generation of Hillary. He said that there is information out there (he holds up his phone) that say otherwise about Hogg and his generation reads that.
indeed.

gen x, millennials, and gen z are savvy and sharp enough to understand what guns are for, and the basics of how they work, and more importantly why guns work.

they also understand that cops armed with guns are the number one existential threat, and that threat is managed by and for the boomer vampires, not the young that are intended to be prey.

gen z knows they are totally fukked, and they know exactly who fukked them.

this country is awash in guns, gen z will inherit the mess the GGers and their boomer shits made for them to clean up.

payback is coming.
Old June 12, 2018, 07:04   #8
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
indeed.

gen x, millennials, and gen z are savvy and sharp enough to understand what guns are for, and the basics of how they work, and more importantly why guns work.

they also understand that cops armed with guns are the number one existential threat, and that threat is managed by and for the boomer vampires, not the young that are intended to be prey.

gen z knows they are totally fukked, and they know exactly who fukked them.

this country is awash in guns, gen z will inherit the mess the GGers and their boomer shits made for them to clean up.

payback is coming.
Oh, I hope you're right but I can't see it from where I'm sitting. I acquired an M1 from the CMP every time a new niece/nephew was born with the idea of giving it to him/her some day when they turned 21. I gotta tell ya with one single exception there ain't a one of 'em I'd trust with a real rifle never mind give an M1 to. And the one exception already has one in the works.
Old June 12, 2018, 07:49   #9
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
I am not as optimistic as some. The bulk of the population lies in urban/suburban areas. Along with the mass of people comes political and economic power. In these city wonderlands substantial numbers of residents don't own a gun, never shot a gun, maybe never touched a gun and may view any firearm as the 'source' of urban crime and mass murder. As an 'added bonus' hunting has drastically declined in recent decades, another reason not to be interested in guns. For this large non gun demographic 'sensible gun control' does not effect or inconvenience them so it's OK for their politicians to do something about 'gun safety'. The fact that our sons and daughters were exposed to firearms about the time they could walk means nothing.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 12:28   #10
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
What I want to know is at the Publix grocery store someone didn't call "clean up on isle 13?" Bucket of soapy water would have cleaned it up in a jiffy. Clearly a danger. Some old folks could have come in and tripped over them breaking a hip or worse. File a civil lawsuit against the parents for loss of income.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 13:17   #11
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
I am not as optimistic as some. The bulk of the population lies in urban/suburban areas. Along with the mass of people comes political and economic power. In these city wonderlands substantial numbers of residents don't own a gun, never shot a gun, maybe never touched a gun and may view any firearm as the 'source' of urban crime and mass murder. As an 'added bonus' hunting has drastically declined in recent decades, another reason not to be interested in guns. For this large non gun demographic 'sensible gun control' does not effect or inconvenience them so it's OK for their politicians to do something about 'gun safety'. The fact that our sons and daughters were exposed to firearms about the time they could walk means nothing.
the reality is that urbanites are walking talking weapons of mass destruction in waiting.

three weeks into any major destabilization/collapse, they are going to eat each other.
there is no unclarity on that point.

if you were paying attention, then you would understand that the number one demographic market for firearms now by far is pocket pistols for urban females, not old dudes with their cold war battle rifle relics.
that demo change is from the younger half of the bell curve almost exclusively, and more females than males now (gen x, mells, and soon to be dominated by gen z),
of that demo, young black chicks are number one growing demo, not whitey.
this shift has been in place for over a decade now, and will continue from here on out.

furthermore, milsim/airsoft sales and marketing now dwarfs firearms sales, and will continue to be the market leader from here on out in the future.
kids today that have all been raised by playing video games and airsoft/paintball are highly capable of running any gun available to them given a little familiarization -- and there is no shortage of guns available to them,
gen x, mells, and gen z have all literally grown up on first person shooter video games aka milisim trainers with expected results: they know more than enough basics to get shit done if they choose to, or if they run out of reasons not to.
and they are also savvy enough to see now that no one is going to show up and save the victims/volunteers in time for it to matter.

the thing about that situation is, these gamer kiddies are for the most part extremely fast on the trigger, hyper aggressive, and most importantly they are mentally quick to adapt to changing situations, to figure out on the fly what works and what will not work.
they are not "perfect soldiers", but they are certainly more than able to be extremely dangerous in short, decisive bursts, if they choose to be.
what all that means is when they decide to get shit done, then there is no stopping them, and they know it.

the kiddie mass killers in FL and TX clearly demonstrate that beyond any doubt, these were planned, thought out, decisive assault/overruns, not done on mere impulse or casual whim.
kids today know exactly how to get ahold of guns and ammo, know exactly how to use them, and know how exploit gun free zones to use available firearms and improvised devices to disproportionate lethal effect.
even shitty guns and devices are more than adequate to get the job done.
kiddie mass killers have no fear of anyone stopping them because there is nothing for them to fear, and they know it.

the time of the silverback male is already gone, you just haven't figured that out yet.

gen z will figure it out, because they have no other choice left, thanks to the boomers that fukked them over.

and who is to blame?
the kids did not make this mess, the so-called "responsible adults" did.

Last edited by G1user; June 12, 2018 at 13:45.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 19:36   #12
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
The attention whore gets more coverage. Mark my words, Hogg will immerse himself in the 2020 campaign and radical Progressive politics thereafter - unless he winds up going on his own little spree.

This little psychopath admits - in print - that he lost it driving in his car the day his classmates were murdered, not because of rage against another lunatic but because he lost an exclusive. There is a special place in hell for him.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...arricades.html

Quote:
“We really only remember a few hundred people, if that many, out of the billions that have ever lived,” he told me at his house in a gated community in Parkland, ten days after the shooting. “Is that what I was destined to become?” Hogg was home alone that day, checking his phone and keeping company with Tater, the family terrier (allergic to grass but fond of tangerines and bananas), and he struck me as surprisingly composed. After the shooting, he had met up with his father but then driven himself home. That’s when he lost it, alone in the car, screaming “****!” again and again at the top of his lungs and hammering his fists on the dashboard. By the time he got to his house, he was calm enough to send his video to the Sun-Sentinel, the newspaper where he worked as an intern. “I had the exclusive for about six hours,” he told me.
Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20366662

Quote:
Hogg frequently uses the word narcissistic in reference to himself. When Kevin was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and chose to retire and move the family to Florida, with its lower cost of living, David threw a massive fit, refusing at first to go at all — “Screaming up the stairs,” according to Lauren, “ ‘I don’t want to move to Florida! I’m not moving!’ ” — and then capitulating finally but with numerous demands: a new computer, his pick of bedrooms and paint colors. He showed up at Stoneman Douglas in the middle of ninth grade, acting like he already knew everything. He rejected the girls who liked him and looked down on those who didn’t. “He always was an attempter,” says Deitsch, who was running the TV-production club. “He would attempt to be great. He would come into TV production like he was the president, and I’d be like, ‘Sir, I’m in charge here.’ ”
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 21:04   #13
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
And we all know that people in those special places don't need guns (what was that, about 100 people shot in Chicago last weekend?).

I understand what you're saying, but I think that the message is finally starting to get through...

I'm much more worried about the massive voter fraud that the Democratic machine is programming into the next election. In that case, real votes really don't count.

After all, after their loss in the last election by assuming that they had cheated enough that way, all stops will be pulled out this time around...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote