The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 57 38.26%
I ordered, and received product timely 41 27.52%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 8 5.37%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 31 20.81%
I just like stirring shit 9 6.04%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28, 2017, 09:28   #501
Invictus77
The Colonel
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
My next thread will be blaming site owner for thousands of lost dollars could have made instead of posting and stalking the marketplace
Do even suggest that brother. Blondzilla would likely gather all our wives together for a class action lawsuit if that were to happen
Old May 28, 2017, 09:41   #502
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
Jen's off the hook. She posted no more ads until this is resolved. Everything you do is buyer beware. Huey dropped the blueprint for those caught up in the Quagmire. Do or do not, there is no try... This site is full of honest people. One guy doesn't change that. Avoid that guy.
Old May 28, 2017, 13:19   #503
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC WN View Post
Jen's off the hook. She posted no more ads until this is resolved. Everything you do is buyer beware. Huey dropped the blueprint for those caught up in the Quagmire. Do or do not, there is no try... This site is full of honest people. One guy doesn't change that. Avoid that guy.
Old June 05, 2017, 21:37   #504
Printer
Registered

FALaholic #: 286
I've searched this site for information, bought and sold a couple items, but have never responded to a post until now. ( Registered in July 2000, been a long time)

Placed my order for (4) Black 20rd FAL Moses mags on November 21, 2016.
$119.96 was charged to my CC that day. Have not received anything except
(1) reply to an email sent in early March stating that my order would ship soon.
It is now 3-months later I have received nothing. I am a patient man, however it is shooting season now where I live and I would like to try out these mags before it gets cold again. Going on 7-months now, the money is not the issue with me, but not receiving the items I purchased in a somewhat timely matter is.
Why not hire a couple of folks to help catch up with all the back-orders ??
Why not at least stop taking new orders until the one's from 2016 are filled ??
Just my .02 on this .......
Printer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2017, 11:37   #505
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printer View Post
I've searched this site for information, bought and sold a couple items, but have never responded to a post until now. ( Registered in July 2000, been a long time)

Placed my order for (4) Black 20rd FAL Moses mags on November 21, 2016.
$119.96 was charged to my CC that day. Have not received anything except
(1) reply to an email sent in early March stating that my order would ship soon.
It is now 3-months later I have received nothing. I am a patient man, however it is shooting season now where I live and I would like to try out these mags before it gets cold again. Going on 7-months now, the money is not the issue with me, but not receiving the items I purchased in a somewhat timely matter is.
Why not hire a couple of folks to help catch up with all the back-orders ??
Why not at least stop taking new orders until the one's from 2016 are filled ??
Just my .02 on this .......
You're late to the party, this has been hashed to death, revived hashed again ad nausea, if you have received product then by all means post it, if you have started proceedings per the numerous posts by Huey and others please post what you are doing as opposed to hacking at a dead subject and despite some uneducated pissants i am not a schill for Moses nor do i defend him in any way, quit complaining and start doing something like Huey suggested or get your Mom to bring you a Snickers bar to you in the basement.
Old June 06, 2017, 11:55   #506
Tgeorgi2002
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
You're late to the party, this has been hashed to death, revived hashed again ad nausea, if you have received product then by all means post it, if you have started proceedings per the numerous posts by Huey and others please post what you are doing as opposed to hacking at a dead subject and despite some uneducated pissants i am not a schill for Moses nor do i defend him in any way, quit complaining and start doing something like Huey suggested or get your Mom to bring you a Snickers bar to you in the basement.
You seem to be very high on yourself. You seem to have missed the point of this thread, which is for people to post reviews of their experience with a product that had not materialized for anyone yet. So no, he is not late to the party, he is yet another dissatisified customer posting yet another honest review of his experience with shit poor service. As this is a review section, and not an op-ed piece for people like you to chase reviewers away, maybe you should mind your own business.

And you can whine and posture all you want, and call people names, but it is in fact you, that is deterring people from posting reviews here. Which, like the moderators telling people that they can't post negative feedback for moses, seems kind of counterintuitive to the review and feedback process as a way to alert and protect future customers from dealing with criminals.
Tgeorgi2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2017, 12:05   #507
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Old June 06, 2017, 12:34   #508
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
Old June 06, 2017, 19:08   #509
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Moses last activity was April 30th,so he is horizontal again (playing dead)I wonder when someone is going too post another fake funeral for him.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2017, 23:58   #510
fireplug
Registered

Ron who in their right mind would do what Huey say's and go too small claims court,it will cost $500 plus your time,plus your gas,plus your work day cost's just too get a court date,so if you spend $500 plus on court cost's too get say $200 from Moses whats the point of losing even more money,and even if you win a judgement against Moses you will still have too pay more money too find a way too get the money from him,as the court will not help in making Moses pay you back,they only say you won your case.
Old June 07, 2017, 00:00   #511
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgeorgi2002 View Post
You seem to be very high on yourself. You seem to have missed the point of this thread, which is for people to post reviews of their experience with a product that had not materialized for anyone yet. So no, he is not late to the party, he is yet another dissatisified customer posting yet another honest review of his experience with shit poor service. As this is a review section, and not an op-ed piece for people like you to chase reviewers away, maybe you should mind your own business.

And you can whine and posture all you want, and call people names, but it is in fact you, that is deterring people from posting reviews here. Which, like the moderators telling people that they can't post negative feedback for moses, seems kind of counterintuitive to the review and feedback process as a way to alert and protect future customers from dealing with criminals.
Agree Ron and Huey seem too want everyone that was ripped off too lose even more money by going too court,complete BULL**it.
Old June 07, 2017, 16:00   #512
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Ron who in their right mind would do what Huey say's and go too small claims court,it will cost $500 plus your time,plus your gas,plus your work day cost's just too get a court date,so if you spend $500 plus on court cost's too get say $200 from Moses whats the point of losing even more money,and even if you win a judgement against Moses you will still have too pay more money too find a way too get the money from him,as the court will not help in making Moses pay you back,they only say you won your case.
Have you seen any results by complaining here? No? hmmm. Huey gave an option to pursue i agreed with it suck it up! Now as it being a review section (not sure where you got the op-ed part) at some point it become academic on adding more info to a well established case is counter productive at the very least, he has already had his credit card processing stopped so that is one positive move, but no other action has been taken to rectify the issue other than to burn up keyboards and bandwidth.
Old June 07, 2017, 16:06   #513
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgeorgi2002 View Post

If he is a criminal then file criminal charges, if not your whining and crying is pathetic to say the least. As for deterring people i have no control over others actions so sorry you have failed again. As for negative feedback you have to conduct business through the Fal Files member to member not a third party sight so again nice try
Old June 07, 2017, 17:21   #514
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
If he is a criminal then file criminal charges, if not your whining and crying is pathetic to say the least. As for deterring people i have no control over others actions so sorry you have failed again. As for negative feedback you have to conduct business through the Fal Files member to member not a third party sight so again nice try
Ron how about posting a photo of the money order that you said you were going too send Moses for his magazines as proof that you believe he will honorably send you your order,until then you are just a troll with nothing too back up your claims.
Old June 07, 2017, 21:04   #515
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Ron how about posting a photo of the money order that you said you were going too send Moses for his magazines as proof that you believe he will honorably send you your order,until then you are just a troll with nothing too back up your claims.
You missed the sarcasm in that post, like you missed all of the advice and or anything else that people have posted and all you can do make something out of nothing and if a new person who comes across this will one would hope they would get it after the first 3-4 pages and conclude to not order any magazines from Moses but you and another think that continually complaining/bashing every one and everything in sight serves some purpose.

Tell you what you keep on bitching and moaning and whining and i'll leave you alone.
Old June 17, 2017, 19:57   #516
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
This is of course, all very sad!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2017, 20:25   #517
ScubaSteveXdm
Registered

FALaholic #: 77775
I don't get it , he is selling mags local for cash but not filling back orders to the people he owes mags too?
ScubaSteveXdm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2017, 16:11   #518
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteveXdm View Post
I don't get it , he is selling mags local for cash but not filling back orders to the people he owes mags too?
Well, I'm not claiming any special knowledge here, but if his molds and his last production run are being held for non-payment, then anything he could do to generate short-term cash to get them out of hock, would make sense. Most small manufacturing businesses are under capitalized, so shutting down his ability to accept credit card payments, and the charge backs leading up to that, did nothing to improve his cash flow.

It's really no different from an otherwise solvent bank being forced to permanently close, because of a run on its held deposits.

The rulebook is the last refuge of the incompetent. (With apologies to Isaac Asimov)
OMR_RDTandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2017, 08:12   #519
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteveXdm View Post
That's what scam artists do,they move on too the next option once they are caught.
Old June 19, 2017, 08:22   #520
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMR_RDTandE View Post
Well, I'm not claiming any special knowledge here, but if his molds and his last production run are being held for non-payment, then anything he could do to generate short-term cash to get them out of hock, would make sense. Most small manufacturing businesses are under capitalized, so shutting down his ability to accept credit card payments, and the charge backs leading up to that, did nothing to improve his cash flow.

It's really no different from an otherwise solvent bank being forced to permanently close, because of a run on its held deposits.
Even if this is true,why has he not even had the guts too post here saying so ?
Moses has NO more excuses too give that anyone believes anyway,like Moses himself stated 2 months ago ( he is not a thief ) ,what he is,is a scam artist and felon that has committed grand larceny,mail fraud,and wire fraud.
Old June 19, 2017, 09:43   #521
Flypaper
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
Quote:
Even if this is true,why has he not even had the guts too post here saying so ?
Moses has NO more excuses too give that anyone believes anyway,like Moses himself stated 2 months ago ( he is not a thief ) ,what he is,is a scam artist and felon that has committed grand larceny,mail fraud,and wire fraud.
For a person that has the most to say in this thread, I don't think you have a dog in the fight.
Most of your posts are generated from here or the black elk thread.... just sayin....

I ordered five brand-new Moses mags last week and should get them this week..... luckily my order was not with Moses.
Flypaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017, 20:05   #522
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Old June 20, 2017, 20:09   #523
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Old June 20, 2017, 21:40   #524
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
My advice/advise is to/too/2 duck...
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2017, 06:24   #525
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illurian00 View Post
My advice/advise is to/too/2 duck...
Old June 21, 2017, 08:59   #526
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Hmmmm...they're displaying their grammar skills over there.
Old June 21, 2017, 10:18   #527
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Old June 21, 2017, 15:08   #528
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
For a person that has the most to say in this thread, I don't think you have a dog in the fight.
Most of your posts are generated from here or the black elk thread.... just sayin....

I ordered five brand-new Moses mags last week and should get them this week..... luckily my order was not with Moses.
Fly,I will let you read through all 50 pages and maybe you can figure it out for yourself,as far as Blackelk, guess I simply don't like thieves.
So stop being a TROLL Flyboy.
Old June 21, 2017, 19:01   #529
Flypaper
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
Quote:
Fly,I will let you read through all 50 pages and maybe you can figure it out for yourself,as far as Blackelk, guess I simply don't like thieves.
So stop being a TROLL Flyboy.
Nobody likes thieves, liars or deadbeats. Moses obviously is not coming through, even though he said he was going to make good on his orders... IMHO
Even though I feel he should get banned, that will not benefit anyone with outstanding orders. Reading through the posts I find lots of people that got screwed, telling what they ordered and when.... That is good information to find the magnitude of his deception.... I still failed to find where you got screwed, because there's so much useless repeating drivel in this thread.

Huey did a excellent job guiding people in the right direction, so they could try and get their hard earned dollars back. .... and then came more drivel from you.
Believe it or not, everybody saw your point of view after your first or second post on the matter.... even the ones you deleted in a hurry because you realized that you crossed the line. Do you really feel you have something to contribute by all of this?... Do you know what that word means? Or is it just an outcry for your hate for thieves? Did I mention I hate thieves?

Point is, there's approximately 34 people that got screwed here alone, and most of their testimonies are getting buried in useless drivel.

Flyboy will go back to trolling this thread, in case some worthy information gets posted.
Flypaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2017, 22:09   #530
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
It costs $50 to file and you get to add $500 onto him for time and trouble plus court filing charges and original money sent. Thus the user that sent $119.96 pays a $50 filing fee, sues for his original $119.96, $500.00 time and effort, $50 for filing fee. Judge files in plantifs favor and defendent pays him $669.96. May can charge standard dot gov approved mileage fees as well, ask the clerk, every trip have made to Magistrate they were very helpful in explaining every dime was entitled to (oh, once had to pay a $25 fee to have defender served out of county but add it to list) and judge awarded every dime and plantiff had choice to pay right then and there or stay at the grey bar hotel till someone brought the money to magistrate. It's not that hard. They make it easy to keep local business, renters, tenants and such honest without involving lawyers and such.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2017, 22:43   #531
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
It costs $50 to file and you get to add $500 onto him for time and trouble plus court filing charges and original money sent. Thus the user that sent $119.96 pays a $50 filing fee, sues for his original $119.96, $500.00 time and effort, $50 for filing fee. Judge files in plantifs favor and defendent pays him $669.96. May can charge standard dot gov approved mileage fees as well, ask the clerk, every trip have made to Magistrate they were very helpful in explaining every dime was entitled to (oh, once had to pay a $25 fee to have defender served out of county but add it to list) and judge awarded every dime and plantiff had choice to pay right then and there or stay at the grey bar hotel till someone brought the money to magistrate. It's not that hard. They make it easy to keep local business, renters, tenants and such honest without involving lawyers and such.
While I'm certainly not trying to dissuade anyone from this course of action if they decide to go that way, I'll just point out the all the money talk assumes that there's any money to pay it all...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2017, 12:46   #532
1911Ron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
While I'm certainly not trying to dissuade anyone from this course of action if they decide to go that way, I'll just point out the all the money talk assumes that there's any money to pay it all...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Very true, but if people did file it would go on record for others to find while doing research and as we say out at work "if it isn't written down it didn't happen" But alas some only want to beat their chest/keyboard to make them selves sound important.
Old June 26, 2017, 16:20   #533
LDM
Registered

FALaholic #: 28304
I posted my experience and thoughts back in early March, at which time I contacted my credit card company. Today I got confirmation in the mail that the credit card company did not get any response from seller (Moses) and that my credit of charges was now permanent.
I was lucky.

sidebar- Speaking as someone who has used small claims court (successfully), I will attest that it is something the average person can do. But it is burdensome and frankly speaking not worth the effort for $100-$200. I see no way doing small claims yourself from a distance makes sense.
However... attorney fees and court costs can be part of the claim and if you win, the award. And... the sheriff can (and will) take assets (typically a vehicle, since it is easy to sell) to satisfy the judgement. So if the stakes were $1000+, and the case being as open & shut as this one is, I'd roll the dice and hire a local attorney.
Either way, it would probably take 6-9 months to get your money.

Good luck.
LDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:10   #534
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
WTF
Incognito is online now   Reply With Quote