Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old June 11, 2019, 23:18   #1
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Oregon Shoot Administration Post

1. Please bring cash money $7 per person for the Blue Throne, and $10 per shooter. As usual, Snowhawk Jockey is the Bag Man. Please don't make him chase you down...

2. All shooters please plan on attending the 0800hrs 'Shooter Safety Meeting' on Friday morning. We'll talk about events, timing, and safety

3. Please make sure you are NOT bringing steel-core ammo (I'm looking at you, Russian Surplus....) to this event. I guess it goes without saying that you should also NOT bring tracers or Tannerite

4. 0800hrs. Saturday morning is the shlomo Salute in remembrance of our great friend, Mike Brennan. He came, he saw, he crushed it, and then he left us. Some of us want to raise a toast to the five-year anniversary of his passing, and there *may* be a bottle of something fitting - though I'll leave that to the experts. It'll be short, but I'm going to read something that Mike wrote. Others are invited to say something as they are so moved. We'll finish with a three-round volley of as many rifles as want to participate. For the sake of safety, this will be somewhat formalized, so be prepared to stand up, get in a line, and keep your rifles pointed above a 45* plane.

5. Loaded handguns around camp = in holsters. Please.

6. Loaded rifles around camp = Don't do it. Please.

Please post if I've left anything off this list, but please don't post if it isn't specific to this topic.

Questions are welcomed, as always.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago

Last edited by brunop; June 12, 2019 at 00:07.
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2019, 23:43   #2
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Someone shoot an extra 3 rounds for me.

I remember sitting around the campfire, late
at night as usual. Conversation got deep of
course, and at one point Mike was quoting
USC code. I remember saying to myself, I have
got to hang with this guy. A lot!

The Lord decided he needed him next to His side
the following day. I give thanks for the opportunity
to have met Mike.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2019, 00:04   #3
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Yes to all of ^ this.

Way too short a time.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old June 12, 2019, 03:12   #4
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
$17 in exact change, per particiant, please. I will not be making change, but will forward any $3 donations (cause you brought a $20) to the target providers. Thank you all for contributing and making this possible.
Old June 13, 2019, 00:27   #5
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34966
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
$17 in exact change, per particiant, please. I will not be making change, but will forward any $3 donations (cause you brought a $20) to the target providers. Thank you all for contributing and making this possible.
Can you give massage for the $3 change?
Elkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 00:40   #6
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
Can you give massage for the $3 change?
Yep, but you gotta bring your own vibrating wand. And can you put fresh batteries in it, this time?
Old June 13, 2019, 00:48   #7
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Yep, but you gotta bring your own vibrating wand. And can you put fresh batteries in it, this time?
LoL. going to be good to see you buddy
Old June 13, 2019, 10:43   #8
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
Quote:

He already contacted me to be sure I was bringing my generator. Says the 110 AC model {like the one he uses at home} is much more reliable and doesn't run outta juice after a couple of hours in..

Ron W.
sportsnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 11:25   #9
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
1. Please bring cash money $7 per person for the Blue Throne, and $10 per shooter. As usual, Snowhawk Jockey is the Bag Man. Please don't make him chase you down...

2. All shooters please plan on attending the 0800hrs 'Shooter Safety Meeting' on Friday morning. We'll talk about events, timing, and safety

5. Loaded handguns around camp = in holsters. Please.

6. Loaded rifles around camp = Don't do it. Please.

Friday @ 1300 ~ Dos Equis Challenge.

There will be a detailed shooters meeting at 1300 hours regarding this stage, as it is new to most of the Oregon group.

Rifle racks will be on station- use them.

Actions open, bolts locked back, no magazines in rifles, and dust covers on AR-types OPEN. Yes, I am a prick regarding all of these rules on my stage.

The AR option is this-

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...prod24867.aspx

There are NO OPTIONS for other rifle types.

IF ANY of the above rules is an issue, bring your rifle to the line CASED, and I will instruct you on your procedure.

Last edited by tdb59; June 13, 2019 at 15:20. Reason: Clarimuddafication !
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 14:47   #10
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Yer just biased against califuggered AKs on your stage... thats why you make them come to the line, already three fingers in the bag!
Old June 13, 2019, 15:15   #11
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Yer just biased against califuggered AKs on your stage... thats why you make them come to the line, already three fingers in the bag!
Actually It is from experience at certain past events, NONE of them were FAL shoots, of course !

Someday, I might tell you about them.

I am SO glad that my demeanor has mellowed in the last 10 years.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 20:55   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Good admin.

Also I'm waking up people sleeping on plane because of this thread.

Old June 13, 2019, 22:18   #13
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Good admin.

Also I'm waking up people sleeping on plane because of this thread.

Are they laughing when you show them the thread?

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2019, 00:13   #14
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I never had the opportunity to meet Shlomo (Mike). I have heard what a great guy he was. I would be Honored to it have a toast and shoot 3 rounds.
Old June 14, 2019, 08:49   #15
snowhawk jockey
Registered

The more the merrier!

Shlomo is still available, here on the files. He wont answer your PMs, but you can search his posts and peruse the countless quips, gems and pearls of wisdom.

Edit to add: brunop, what do you think of putting a highpower target at 50-100yds and we use it as an aiming point. Since we dont have blanks, it would keep the projos grounding sooner, where we can see them, than later, where we cant.

Last edited by snowhawk jockey; June 14, 2019 at 08:59.
snowhawk jockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:46   #16
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

^

Yes, perfect.