The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old April 16, 2019, 23:16   #101
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
I'm not done with the Roman Catholic Church yet. Many of you would like this too just go away--When I am attacked for presenting good solid arguments and facts, I only fight harder to prove who is the truth teller. So far a faithless man that says He does not know God, is the man I believe to be telling the truth.

Eleven Basic Unscriptural Catholic Doctrine----this is just the tip of the iceburg

1-The Roman Catholic Church teaches that IT is the only source of salvation for sinners.---- The Bible teaches the LORD Jesus Christ is the only Savior.

2- Catholics are taught the Catholic Church forgives sin.---- The Bible teaches that forgiveness comes directly from God.

3-Catholic believe in the lie that Baptism saves.---- I have gone over that in a previous post--salvation must precede water baptism.

4-Vatican claims Peter was The Rock upon whom Christ founded his church.---- The Holy Bible disagrees--the Bed Rock is Jesus Christ

5-Pope's claim they are infallible.---- The Holy Bible declares all men are fallible. Only God is infallible.

6-Roman Catholic Priest and Leaders are infallible. ----Same answer as above, but this is Captain Obvious

7-Catholic Sacraments are essential for Salvation.---- Nobody is saved by sacraments. A man is saved thru Faith in Jesus Christ alone.

8-The Catholic Church is the only correct interpreter of Scripture doctrine.----another Captain Obvious false statement.

9-Transsubstantiation--here's a wild heresy ----God is formed into a wafer biscuit at a priest's command. Very unbiblical blasphemy committed by Catholics (unaware sheep) is traced back to Babylonian sun worship.

10-The Eucharist keeps from sin.----Foolish as above

11-The Virgin Mary is a co-redeemer and savior.---- This is hideous blasphemy and puts Mary into the Trinity of God. Mary weeps for you Catholics that commit this sin.

I could go on and on but a thinking man should see what this Church is. Satan has his shithooks all over the Roman Catholic Church. Shure it has a facade of good but its inners are rotten and corrupt to the core. I challenge anyone to refute these accurate doctrines of the Catholic Church. One of these days I will have to do an expose on the Mormon Church--that will be a doozy

Last edited by JM; April 16, 2019 at 23:26.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2019, 23:21   #102
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2019, 23:32   #103
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
One day a long time from now he and those like him who just recently got the 'spirit' will awaken to a find themselves in a glass house broken to the ground by the rocks of his own throwing in his new-found 'righteousness'.

We all go through this at some point - some more convinced of their superior position/knowledge than others but it's the same delusion that I experienced myself sometime in my past.

The 'spirit' of the Lord is in everyone, not in a religion.

Christ was an example of how to live, not a religion.

If you believe in him, you try to walk this earth as he did.

That is all.

Goodnight, gentlemen.
Old April 16, 2019, 23:46   #104
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
One day a long time from now he and those like him who just recently got the 'spirit' will awaken to a find themselves in a glass house broken to the ground by the rocks of his own throwing in his new-found 'righteousness'.

We all go through this at some point - some more convinced of their superior position/knowledge than others but it's the same delusion that I experienced myself sometime in my past.

The 'spirit' of the Lord is in everyone, not in a religion.

That is all.

Goodnight, gentlemen.
I suffered me my fair share of delusions from time to time, right after drinking huge amounts of Scotch, damn that Chivas man.

But, bless my self, once I put a cork in it, 1972, ain't had that experience ever again.

Some folks, can become delusional all without outside help it seems.

Sleep well.

Old Yesterday, 00:38   #105
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
Where to start BJ - visited and worked in India many times, Thailand, Malaya.... even raised in Singapore, Japan.... - circumvented the World twice plus - not done Africa or S.Americas outside of the Caribbean - done most of that, & Mexico. Lived in France, Germany, Russia, America, UK, Ireland, NZ - visited most of Europe ..... anyway, yeah I've travelled a bit, seen some stuff been shot at, had friends blown up in Kislovodsk, been in a couple of ira car bomb incidents, flown in various military aircraft of various countries, was even apprehended as an ira suspect, been cornered by the barmy army and much other crazy stuff, sat with crazy Bulgarian mobsters and broke bread!!!! Even sat in Putin's old kgb office in Moscow, signed a few nda agreements, been closer to a few Shuttle launches and landings than most, and visited places most don't even know exist, here and abroad, even worked at Stalin's summer retreat, and drunk tea in temperatures from -60f temp to those temps of Death Valley.
Not that might give me any insight over the years, over another but it's taught me a few things, certainly shown me I am not either better or worse than anyone else on this planet - I actually rather like the People of this World, their gubments not so much!
And yes I get what your Asians friends say, yes we have been lied to - why do you think I am as obtuse as I am, and post what I do - I have had much input from foreign minds - some of it valid, some of it not! So I am not without Worldly experience, and I am not just book experienced either! I live for life, not death! So, there is a reason I am a Golden Rule-ist!(as I have professed many times) Have you read Krishnamurti, much?
Just a point of view and not being critical or judgemental, the real battle of a man is with himself so the Golden Rule has no consequences for the man who makes his own and breaks his own. Why have rules if you have no one to really answer to but yourself? Is it a foundation you build on to make a better man when you can change your rules at a whim?

You build from the inside out and a rotten foundation won't let you achieve what you want. You traveled all over it looks like so how many languages are you fluent in?
Old Yesterday, 07:40   #106
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post

Yep.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27   #107
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Certainly not a Rhodes Scholar that's for sure!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28   #108
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

And yourself BJ? Nice one there Bama Steve, nice one! Oh and the Golden rule is the root of religions, religion being the mess used to sort out the unwise!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Old Yesterday, 09:48   #109
Bawana jim
Registered

I am not even fluent in my own language, read it pretty good but can't write it very well.
Old Yesterday, 10:45   #110
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I am smiling at you yellowhand--the rest of you too Are you a practicing member of the Jewish faith yellowhand? What do you know? What do you know about the history of your race and the Roman Catholic Church? If you knew you would hang your head in shame You are the "screwy one" Look in the mirror--see that face? That is one face of millions of Jews before you that were murdered viciously by the Nazi/Roman Catholic/Islamic cabal of WW2. You are a shameful ignorant man that does not know your history. But that is what is to be expected of the scoffers of the latter days. You guys are like the Leftist that you hate so much! Your hypocrisy wreaks with your slimy little fingers on the keyboard. I'm still waiting (crickets) for one of you "intelligent catholic scholars" to defend your religion that has morphed into the biggest Cult ever devised. You can't--and you know you can't because the Biblical Facts eat you alive! You guys lost and you probably hate me for exposing your fairy tale, but I like you! I enjoy doing the hard work for God in exposing His enemy's! Without you I wouldn't have this important job of schooling you!
Old Yesterday, 10:54   #111
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
Epic thread drift

If I could figure out a way to shoehorn the Kama Sutra into this thread, it could go on for a couple more pages.

How about "The anti-Christ is going to come from the Catholic Church".
Old Yesterday, 10:58   #112
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Old Yesterday, 10:58   #113
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Epic thread drift

If I could figure out a way to shoehorn the Kama Sutra into this thread, it could go on for a couple more pages.

How about "The anti-Christ is going to come from the Catholic Church".
Its what is great about America, thread drift. Think Iran allows free speech like this? Just opinion but thread drift is more about learning how opinions are formed and naturally men talk about what they want to.
Old Yesterday, 11:02   #114
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Its what is great about America, thread drift.
Well, "hamburgers sizzlin' on an open grille" make it pretty great too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCJ5j7oVWc

Old Yesterday, 11:11   #115
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

[QUOTE=Texgunner;4726240]Well, "hamburgers sizzlin' on an open grille" make it pretty great too!

Hey Texgunner! Sounds good--get me a beer too while your at it! Just don't put no poison in my burger
Old Yesterday, 11:12   #116
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
Well, "hamburgers sizzlin' on an open grille" make it pretty great too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCJ5j7oVWc
Beach boys music when it's done right..

https://youtu.be/ICAsimtEsU8

You won't get this in Iran....
Old Yesterday, 11:16   #117
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Epic thread drift

"The anti-Christ is going to come from the Catholic Church".
Nah--that's just the False Prophet Francis--your former Negro(uh) has already claimed that position
Old Yesterday, 11:42   #118
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

There is nothing wrong with personal religions, as long as they are rooted in the right(G/Rule). The problem with Romanised Catholicism - is the co-option by Rome(Mithras). The problem with Judaism is the co-option by zionism(politics), the problem with protestant Christianity is denominational drift (evangelical exploitation). Islam - well it's been weaponized by....?
The Eastern religions don't give a flying fig for any of those above - as BJ., says they have a completely different cosmogony(perspective) - and they don't mess around. The Thai Bhuddists just kicked Islams rectum, kicked out all of them. The Chinese are offering rewards to turn in Christians - and a full on trade war is erupting - all because of 'Ideologic' differences( religious roots). It's the priests, the Rabbis, the Mullahs - opinionated cretins, who talk about something they all cannot know until they die! Emotional blackmailing charlatans, all of them. Be Good!

Last edited by Trypcil; Yesterday at 11:47.
Old Yesterday, 11:54   #119
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with personal religions, as long as they are rooted in the right(G/Rule). The problem with Romanised Catholicism - is the co-option by Rome(Mithras). The problem with Judaism is the co-option by zionism(politics), the problem with protestant Christianity is denominational drift (evangelical exploitation). Islam - well it's been weaponized by....?
The Eastern religions don't give a flying fig for any of those above - as BJ., says they have a completely different cosmogony(perspective) - and they don't mess around. The Thai Bhuddists just kicked Islams rectum, kicked out all of them. The Chinese are offering rewards to turn in Christians - and a full on trade war is erupting - all because of 'Ideologic' differences( religious roots). It's the priests, the Rabbis, the Mullahs - opinionated cretins, who talk about something they all cannot know until they die! Emotional blackmailing charlatans, all of them. Be Good!
So right back to the topic, when everyone is telling lies about everything then how can you go to war? Its man's nature to kill but only when he has been lead to hate. So if you divide us by religion and teach hatred of each other then wars are easy to start. It's like JM talking about how evil catholics are, he breeds hate that gets people killed. Or the hate for zionist.
Old Yesterday, 12:07   #120
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Bingo! - it's all about controlling Hearts and Minds, always has been - hence sheep, flock and herding! One reason why I say never trust an expert - they all have an agenda - usually it's about bolstering their position, to get what they think is applicable! This carries over into all things intellectual - from science, to philosophy, to politics and criminality( sin becomes a matter of opinion)! Truth is what they tell you it is - even when it isn't! So believe nothing, think for yourself, in balance and debate! Wisdom is self appointed, and transient.

Old Yesterday, 13:27   #121
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Bingo! - it's all about controlling Hearts and Minds, always has been - hence sheep, flock and herding! One reason why I say never trust an expert - they all have an agenda - usually it's about bolstering their position, to get what they think is applicable! This carries over into all things intellectual - from science, to philosophy, to politics and criminality( sin becomes a matter of opinion)! Truth is what they tell you it is - even when it isn't! So believe nothing, think for yourself, in balance and debate! Wisdom is self appointed, and transient.
But but I can guide you through the dark days comming because I have read all about them... You worthless souls need to listen to me and follow me because I know God better than you do, you see I read a lot and you guys dont. After all I am more truthful than any church you go to and the Catholics are all liars, you know them Catholics. And the jews, don't forget the jews....

I make fun, some days you have to laugh.
Old Yesterday, 13:28   #122
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
I am smiling at you yellowhand--the rest of you too Are you a practicing member of the Jewish faith yellowhand? What do you know? What do you know about the history of your race and the Roman Catholic Church? If you knew you would hang your head in shame You are the "screwy one" Look in the mirror--see that face? That is one face of millions of Jews before you that were murdered viciously by the Nazi/Roman Catholic/Islamic cabal of WW2. You are a shameful ignorant man that does not know your history. But that is what is to be expected of the scoffers of the latter days. You guys are like the Leftist that you hate so much! Your hypocrisy wreaks with your slimy little fingers on the keyboard. I'm still waiting (crickets) for one of you "intelligent catholic scholars" to defend your religion that has morphed into the biggest Cult ever devised. You can't--and you know you can't because the Biblical Facts eat you alive! You guys lost and you probably hate me for exposing your fairy tale, but I like you! I enjoy doing the hard work for God in exposing His enemy's! Without you I wouldn't have this important job of schooling you!
I learned long ago, that people who live in the past, have no present and no future.

You are living in the past.

As for all the "bad things" happenings to those who came before me, that was then, and today is today.

If any Jewish person lived and raged at the past work of men, past pain inflected upon those that came before, it would ruin today and spoil all hope for tomorrow.

If anyone goes against me or mine today, I'll deal with them harshly.
That "old school" Torah.

But more modern thoughts also prevail today, one lives and some even learn, so forgiveness of past sins is also a decent way to go.

Have you ever walked around inside the Vatican?
Wondered around Rome for months on end?

Didn't think so, to full of hate to see the joy right in front of you.

Old Yesterday, 14:37   #123
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I learned long ago, that people who live in the past, have no present and no future.

You are living in the past.

As for all the "bad things" happenings to those who came before me, that was then, and today is today.

If any Jewish person lived and raged at the past work of men, past pain inflected upon those that came before, it would ruin today and spoil all hope for tomorrow.

If anyone goes against me or mine today, I'll deal with them harshly.
That "old school" Torah.

But more modern thoughts also prevail today, one lives and some even learn, so forgiveness of past sins is also a decent way to go.

Have you ever walked around inside the Vatican?
Wondered around Rome for months on end?

Didn't think so, to full of hate to see the joy right in front of you.

For your information yellowhand and many here--pointing out evils and hypocrisy in man made institutions is a good thing and the only hate here is your hatred for the TRUTH. Your method in life is to just let sleeping dogs lie but it is a very poor mindset. The founding fathers of America did not have that mindset. Americans are soft belly's now--won't stand up for squat and attack a truth teller. That's why America has gone to shit and people like you are part to blame---so afraid somebody is going to be offended. There may be 4 or 5 here that are vocal and show their hatred against the TRUTH but that's OK. Thousands will read my message and many will heed it. You are just a small man like the others that don't want my message to be heard.
Old Yesterday, 14:50   #124
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

[QUOTE=Bawana jim;4726261 It's like JM talking about how evil catholics are, he breeds hate that gets people killed. Or the hate for zionist.

Show me where I wrote that catholic's are evil or I hate Zionist? Never said that and never will--sheesh--I am a Zionist. You are the one that is pulling shit out of your ass to denigrate me. The Institution and it's Leaders--yes--very evil--but the sheep that follow? Not at all--most are good people. The fish rots from the head down tho--that's a well known fact.
Old Yesterday, 14:54   #125
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

"Thousands will read my message and" realize that I am as mad as a hatter and have completely lost touch with reality...

There. Fixed it for you JM!

Come on down for that 'burger and beer; what's your pleasure?

Old Yesterday, 15:00   #126
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
But but I can guide you through the dark days comming because I have read all about them... You worthless souls need to listen to me and follow me because I know God better than you do, you see I read a lot and you guys dont. After all I am more truthful than any church you go to and the Catholics are all liars, you know them Catholics. And the jews, don't forget the jews....

I make fun, some days you have to laugh.
No--you are crying inside Bawana jim--I can read you just like Mother Teresa was unsure too about her soul and afterlife, and with good reason. Catholicism is a complete System like Islam from cradle to grave and you belong to the System. I am the one because the seed that I planted in your brain will live on for eternity.
Old Yesterday, 15:55   #127
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
For your information yellowhand and many here--pointing out evils and hypocrisy in man made institutions is a good thing and the only hate here is your hatred for the TRUTH. Your method in life is to just let sleeping dogs lie but it is a very poor mindset. The founding fathers of America did not have that mindset. Americans are soft belly's now--won't stand up for squat and attack a truth teller. That's why America has gone to shit and people like you are part to blame---so afraid somebody is going to be offended. There may be 4 or 5 here that are vocal and show their hatred against the TRUTH but that's OK. Thousands will read my message and many will heed it. You are just a small man like the others that don't want my message to be heard.
JM, I've got a doctorate in HISTORY,,which means my head is already full up of worthless historical happenings and events.

Your opinion of Americans, shared by some, is utter non sense based upon what you see at the end of your nose, which is only pointing at that you already believe in.

Without the internet, you'd be howling at the moon in some little town, only known,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as the local nutter.

Tex offered ya a beer and burger, pretty good offer.

What do you think, a 30 round fall mag, with the added weight and sticking out further than a 20 rounder, or just staying with the tried and true 20 round sticks???

Old Yesterday, 23:34   #128
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:44   #129
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143

The truth does not require your belief.

"Fracking involves a two-phase combustion process: the first phase burns borrowed money to produce oil and gas; the second burns the oil and the gas." Dmitri Orlov
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:33   #130
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Dang....I leave for a few days, come back and find that Iran is a terrorist bunch. We must have been attacked while I was gone?

Saw a bunch of graves in my travels. Just a bunch of Union dumbasses in Federal parks... they buried the Confederates elsewhere. I used to look at those rows of tombstones and think how sad....now as an older, more cynical citizen, I think - damn. Those boys should have stayed home.

You reckon if those boys could rise up today and look around, they'd say "it was worth my life for this"?

Trouble is - they were sold a bill of goods, many were forced to fight an enemy that just wanted to be left the hell alone.

How many Ohio, Indiana, Illinois boys are in the ground in Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas? You reckon their parents thought the cause worth the price?

Lying politicians sell wars, they don't buy them with their own blood. If you are fighting on another man's homeland, you're probably wrong.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:37   #131
bubbagump
Registered

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
Dang....I leave for a few days, come back and find that Iran is a terrorist bunch. We must have been attacked while I was gone?

Saw a bunch of graves in my travels. Just a bunch of Union dumbasses in Federal parks... they buried the Confederates elsewhere. I used to look at those rows of tombstones and think how sad....now as an older, more cynical citizen, I think - damn. Those boys should have stayed home.

You reckon if those boys could rise up today and look around, they'd say "it was worth my life for this"?

Trouble is - they were sold a bill of goods, many were forced to fight an enemy that just wanted to be left the hell alone.

How many Ohio, Indiana, Illinois boys are in the ground in Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas? You reckon their parents thought the cause worth the price?

Lying politicians sell wars, they don't buy them with their own blood. If you are fighting on another man's homeland, you're probably wrong.
Dunno, but whatever the number it wasn't nearly enough ..
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45   #132
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Quote:
Jim---Don't take my word for it--take the Word of Jesus Christ in Mathew 24. He breaks down precisely what to look for before His return to Planet Earth. From the "falling away of Christian faith" to the false prophets, to the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel in the Old Testament. This is what I go by, not what someone says on the internet. All the prophecies confirm what is written in Mathew 24. All the things written are happening today, some have happened in the past--but don't forget the clincher--Israel is a Nation now. The countdown began in 1948 when Israel became a Nation. This is the Generation. Read your Bible --can you read it? I know Roman Catholicism only allows the Priest to read scripture and interpret what is correct. Roman Catholicism is the End Times Whore of Revelation and it wants to keep you in the dark. You don't like to hear that but the truth is usually always painful. Don't feel your false religion is the only one--all religions are corrupted now--but Roman Catholicism is the big Kahuna that rides the coming Beast of Revelation.
Is there not a global social and financial breakdown and rise of the Anti-Christ, who eventually makes his capital in Jerusalem and proclaims himself to be god BEFORE all that invasion of Israel occurs? If Revelation is correct, then we have a ways to go.
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:06   #133
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Dunno, but whatever the number it wasn't nearly enough ..
That's the truth right there.
Old Today, 09:31   #134
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Damn, and all this time, I thought it was the British Empire.
Taking it back a bit - YH., you are right(in part) - ever since the Battle of Waterloo and the defeat of Napoleon. The beginning of the 3rd Empire, under that Victoria bitch and her managers, and acolytes!...... And did those feet in ancient time!

Walk upon Englands[b] mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land.

William Blake.

Talk about the co-option of a poem, for cultural purposes! Blake was an avid supporter of the French Revolution, and it's ideals - and for his work to be 'used' to give a certain 'divinity' to the actions of 'The Empire', rocks him in his grave to this day. Blake died in 1827, some years after Waterloo.

So what of it? Well it fed the arrogance of the elite and allowed the populous to give 'support' to all the terror the Brits then unleashed, as divine license. Even to this day it will melt a man to tears, as he remembers something that never was. Belief, as such drove the British soldier, as a Christian Soldier - 'invasively' doing god's work. Hearts and Minds - the power of belief, as jingoism! An analysis of who the Elite actually were in England at the time of Waterloo, will tell you much - it is Historical record!

Old Today, 11:55   #135
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
Is there not a global social and financial breakdown and rise of the Anti-Christ, who eventually makes his capital in Jerusalem and proclaims himself to be god BEFORE all that invasion of Israel occurs? If Revelation is correct, then we have a ways to go.
There will be 2 invasions of Israel, the first called Ezekiel's War with attackers from Russia-Iran-Turkey-Syria and a few other players. This alliance has already formed--it's in the news--and will attack Israel in the near future. I can't tell you the day or hour but it is the "season" we are told to look for. Israel became a Nation in 1948 and the generation of 70 years is up so it can happen at anytime going forward. Russia will be decimated as will all other country's that attack Israel, their weapons will return back to them like a boomerang! Israel will be more hated than ever after surviving this onslaught and the blame will go to Israel. There will be a world wide Reset and the carnage of this war will be staggering. The world will look to a Leader to make sense of all this and bring Unity, so a charismatic World Ruler will arise out of the ashes. 3 1/2 years or so later will bring on the invasion of the Kings of the East--China and Company--who has bragged about fielding an army of 200 million men, the exact number of men recorded in Revelation. Revelation 9:16 "And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them". John the Revelator was a pretty good guesser (huh) to have come up with the exact number of men that the Chinese brag about today. This will be the War to end all Wars on earth for a thousand years. The War of Armageddon will flow blood like rivers, over 500 Olympic sized pools full of blood will be released . I cannot give the exact timeline for this except for study of the socio-economic upheavals we are experiencing now as never before along with earthquake and weather intensity, not to mention the generation timeline is up. A biblical generation is 30-40 years, and the Bible also states that a mans days are 3 score and 10 years or 70 years. Israel became a Nation 71 years ago and Jerusalem was captured for Israel's Capital City 52 years ago.
Old Today, 11:59   #136
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
There will be 2 invasions of Israel, the first called Ezekiel's War with attackers from Russia-Iran-Turkey-Syria and a few other players. This alliance has already formed--it's in the news--and will attack Israel in the near future. I can't tell you the day or hour but it is the "season" we are told to look for. Israel became a Nation in 1948 and the generation of 70 years is up so it can happen at anytime going forward. Russia will be decimated as will all other country's that attack Israel, their weapons will return back to them like a boomerang! Israel will be more hated than ever after surviving this onslaught and the blame will go to Israel. There will be a world wide Reset and the carnage of this war will be staggering. The world will look to a Leader to make sense of all this and bring Unity, so a charismatic World Ruler will arise out of the ashes. 3 1/2 years or so later will bring on the invasion of the Kings of the East--China and Company--who has bragged about fielding an army of 200 million men, the exact number of men recorded in Revelation. Revelation 9:16 "And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them". John the Revelator was a pretty good guesser (huh) to have come up with the exact number of men that the Chinese brag about today. This will be the War to end all Wars on earth for a thousand years. The War of Armageddon will flow blood like rivers, over 500 Olympic sized pools full of blood will be released . I cannot give the exact timeline for this except for study of the socio-economic upheavals we are experiencing now as never before along with earthquake and weather intensity, not to mention the generation timeline is up. A biblical generation is 30-40 years, and the Bible also states that a mans days are 3 score and 10 years or 70 years. Israel became a Nation 71 years ago and Jerusalem was captured for Israel's Capital City 52 years ago.
That sounds bloody awful. I sure hope the United States stays out of it.
Old Today, 12:02   #137
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Amazing.

The Millerites failed to heed Matthew 24:36, and now we have another iteration.

George Santayana was correct.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:42   #138
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Amazing.

The Millerites failed to heed Matthew 24:36, and now we have another iteration.

George Santayana was correct.

Easy question for you--was Israel a Nation then? Obvious answer is NO! So the Millerites were ridiculous from the beginning. Israel is listed as a number 8 World Power now, and it has only been a Nation since 1948. Your equivalency is shredded to pieces
Old Today, 15:37   #139
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

I was baptized around the age of six or seven at the First Christian Church (The Disciples of Christ). My first cousin Becky and I were dunked in the water of the baptismal tank by the preacher at that time. I didn't much like going to church in those days because I hated getting "all dressed up" for church. Well, I still wouldn't like that I guess.

Sometime while in high school, circa '69-'71, I began thinking about other religions. Obviously to me, the adherents to those other faiths were just as devoted and assured of their righteousness as the followers of the Christian faiths I was familiar with at the time. It began to dawn on me that their beliefs were just as valid as any other. I wondered how could they have their own "God" who instructed them in disciplines different from Christianity. Eventually, my introspection led me to conclude that maybe there was a deity or a spiritual force in the universe that connected all life. I also concluded that therefore, no organized religion could possibly have a "lock" on the spiritual "truth".

Today, I consider myself an agnostic. I like to think there's a spiritual force out there somewhere. I can't say for certain that there is however. Perhaps many of you are certain. I say, "good for you!". I want you to have that freedom to believe as you will. But, I also want that same courtesy. I don't seek to denigrate and deny anyone's faith or belief, and I expect the same.

JM, you can be as assured as you want in your prophesy and religious ideas but in my opinion, your belief has no more validity than any other human's and all your prognostications are essentially pointless, even meaningless, to other devout believers, in any other religion. Take that as you will. You can "preach" all you want, it makes no difference to me. No more difference than the banging of gongs by a Hari Krishna or the call of the Muezzin for Muslim faithful. The solemn chants of the Buddhist, or the prayers of the Jewish, are just as valid in my eyes. You sir, are a religious bigot. There is no room for denial, wear that badge openly, you have earned it. You might want to take note of what others have said here and give your proselytizing a break.

Last edited by Texgunner; Today at 17:38.