The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old March 25, 2019, 19:12   #1
4markk
Military Observer
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 31134
Exclamation Want to KEEP your BumpStock (for now)??????

3/25/2019 ALERT 1: This morning the U.S. DOJ filed brief arguing that Members of Firearms Policy Foundation who own/possess bump-stock-type devices are currently protected by the D.C. Circuit's administrative stay of the ATF's bumpstock ban Final Rule. To become a member and Join FPF please donate $1 or more at FightATF.com or JoinFPF.org

Key Case Filings & Events
2019-3-26: ATF Final Rule takes effect except for those individuals subject to stay orders and members of Firearms Policy Foundation, et al.
2019-3-25: Application for Emergency Stay from Circuit and Chief Justice John Roberts, U.S. Supreme Court (no. 18A964)
2019-3-25: D.C. Circuit Order on Emergency Motion
2019-3-25: Appellants' Reply in Support of Emergency Motion
2019-3-25: Government Respondents' Opposition to Emergency Motion
2019-3-24: Appellants' Emergency Joint Motion to Amend Stay Order

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/guedes-v-batfe

“The worst thing about growing old is that other men stop seeing you as dangerous.” Act Of Valor

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends." Socrates
4markk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2019, 21:04   #2
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
https://secure.anedot.com/firearms-p...76?sc=sol_2019
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2019, 10:16   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Or does this just put one on another list to reach number of points to warrant a visit from some agency? Can stocks be installed while case in court? I prefer binary but hope this case wins as they will come after binary next. I can build a bumpfire stock on the fly with parts in console or toolbox of truck. Binary triggers would have to be melted like Autosears unless they allowed folk to Form 4 them. Could you imagine the backlog at ATF registering all the binary triggers out there...
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2019, 19:21   #4
RRotz
I'll never learn to play well with others.
Jen will ban me if I change my user title again..

FALaholic #: 280
I’ve been out of touch in the community but what is a binary?
Old April 10, 2019, 20:54   #5
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
A binary trigger is a trigger that actuates the hammer on the pull stroke and then on the release. If you hold the trigger back, the rifle will only fire once. When the trigger is released, the rifle will fire again. Control of the trigger function is normally done by the selector. Safe is safe, Semi is one shot with each trigger pull, and Auto will activate the binary function.

Because the trigger activates the release of the hammer with each movement, the ATF determined they were not NFA devices.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2019, 22:03   #6
fussbudget
Registered

FALaholic #: 81806
As we all know what used to be legal with the stroke of a pen becomes illegal under Trump.
One nut case with a binary trigger on a college campus and Binary trigger owners will become felons just like BS owners.
fussbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019, 17:25   #7
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
A binary trigger is a trigger that actuates the hammer on the pull stroke and then on the release. If you hold the trigger back, the rifle will only fire once. When the trigger is released, the rifle will fire again. Control of the trigger function is normally done by the selector. Safe is safe, Semi is one shot with each trigger pull, and Auto will activate the binary function.

Because the trigger activates the release of the hammer with each movement, the ATF determined they were not NFA devices.
That seems dangerous at the very least?
ICOM7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2019, 07:30   #8
marcosfal
Registered

FALaholic #: 72291
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussbudget View Post
As we all know what used to be legal with the stroke of a pen becomes illegal under Trump.
One nut case with a binary trigger on a college campus and Binary trigger owners will become felons just like BS owners.
Even if it's a "story" about one used. I am always amazed at the efficiency of governments in the West. The next day, the magical 1000 page law appears. 😎
marcosfal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2019, 11:00   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOM7800 View Post
That seems dangerous at the very least?
Why Franklin sends a decal that goes on all rifles that installer is supposed to use. I put them on my binaries but now have some repops that are not red. If have selector in binary mode, pull first shot and decide not to discharge second can move selector to safe and rifle will not discharge. Funny how a three shot burst trigger is an NFA item but binary due to second shot happening on a separate operation, release of trigger, is legal. Have enough won't feel bad if go away and can't get more but not so many will cry if ordered to destroy. They are almost necessary options on SBR's.

A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2019, 19:40   #10
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Yeah Huey I guess I never really knew what they were about.take care.
ICOM7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2019, 19:52   #11
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
People these days seem inherently frightened. I was whittling away on a piece of Cedar the other day, at work while waiting. People would come up to me and ask me to be careful, I might cut myself, or worse them - which is really what they were meaning! Don't be safe, be good!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2019, 07:03   #12
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
back on topic, i think it's clear that everybody did.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote