The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AUG Files

Notices

Old October 18, 2018, 12:11   #1
BarnOwlLover
Registered

FALaholic #: 81552
AUG videos I want to share.

The AUG is pretty much my favorite bullpup rifle, and the fact that its changed very little in reality since the 1970s is a testimate to how sound the design is.

Here's a couple of videos of the newest A3 version:

And a video of the A1:

BarnOwlLover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2018, 19:46   #2
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
I want the Lithgow version.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2018, 20:36   #3
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Meh... AUG/F88 is an interesting design, certainly would never be my first choice in a firearm but there are worse. Not at all good if amphibious operations are involved. The first Lithgow made versions were rubbish...hundreds (literally) needed to be junked. The final production versions are in fairness much better. The new issue F90 is the product evolution that Steyr probably needed to do but didn't, I have not handled one yet. There is a reason that all the SF types here changed over to M4s (and now progressively to H&K416s) nearly 20yrs ago.
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2018, 09:59   #4
wanneroo
Registered

The new Lithgow rifle is being sold in the USA on the civilian market. I think they already sold out a batch of them.

I shot a full auto AUG again recently, I've grown to like the rifle over time.
Old October 19, 2018, 17:02   #5
HibikiR
Registered

FALaholic #: 76403
Actually the Lithgow Atrax (the marketing name for the civilian F90) has only been pre-ordered by Brownell's, with all pre-order slots taken.

Right now the importation rights has changed hands again, and the ATF is still evaluating the serial number scheme for the Atrax. The original idea was to serialize the bolt carrier and not the receiver since the receiver has to be changed out with any barrel/caliber swap. There's also some murmurings that the design may not have enough significant differences to prevent automatic fire being enabled by the end-user.
HibikiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2018, 20:34   #6
wanneroo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
Actually the Lithgow Atrax (the marketing name for the civilian F90) has only been pre-ordered by Brownell's, with all pre-order slots taken.

Right now the importation rights has changed hands again, and the ATF is still evaluating the serial number scheme for the Atrax. The original idea was to serialize the bolt carrier and not the receiver since the receiver has to be changed out with any barrel/caliber swap. There's also some murmurings that the design may not have enough significant differences to prevent automatic fire being enabled by the end-user.
Good to know, thanks.