The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2019, 15:29   #201
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
The problem with removing the tax exemption is just one thing as I see it...the power to tax is the power to destroy.

Politicians will just tax any chruch they disagree with out of existance. Meaning all the Christian churches.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 15:31   #202
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herstal View Post
Problem is, you have a lot of very small rural churches attended by poor church goers. While you may not agree with them or like them, many of these people in these churches are good people and are mostly good for the community. The pastors of these churches have other jobs, and don't make a salary from the church. What little money raised by the congregation is spent on maintaining the property, or sent to help others (e.g. disaster relief). If you get rid of tax exemptions, many of those little churches would disappear because they would not be able to afford to feed the government leviathan.

Before advocating getting rid of tax exemptions for religious institutions, ask yourself if you really wish to live in a world where there are no churches, and by church I mean Christian churches. Where there is no right or wrong. Where there is nothing standing between man and his nature. Where there is nothing greater than humanity in your existence. For we all know how well unbridled humanity works out, for humanity is so very wise... I will wager that the faster you get rid of God, the faster you get rid of the Christian influences in our law and in our lives upon which this country was founded, the faster you will see your gun rights disappear.

You may say there is no god, but can you prove it? (There is the problem of no cause without first cause, but I suppose that's a mere technicality for theologians.) What sort of god would god be if he was made to appear like a genie just because you wanted him to? Likewise, I cannot prove to you that God exists. However, those who refuse to acknowledge the possibility of the existence of a god simply lack imagination - or a Christian might say a refusal to acknowledge grace.

Just like the gun owner feels under siege by the gun grabbers, so does the Christian feel under siege by today's secular media. Don't you see its all part of the anti-American culture war the commies are waging on us? Its divide and conquer time so don't be duped. You have some bad people in the clergy, and you have some bad gun owners. So do you abolish Christianity or gun ownership first? (Both threaten the power of the state. No?)

-sarcasm- Finally, let me be the first in this tax season to advocate 2019 be an income tax free year. No need to tax anyone, including churches. Why? Our Federal spending already vastly eclipses our tax collection. We are long past ever being ever paying back our national debt. Therefore government is quickly evolving to a place where taxes are no longer necessary. Why tax anyone, when the current economic consensus is that we can generate money out of thin air? Can you imagine the economic boom if everyone had all that disposable income to spend which previously went toward taxes? I'll bet every one of you gun infidels would go out and buy a new FAL with a few thousand rounds of 7.62 to go with it. Makes sense, right? And the universe created itself too. -/sarcasm-
I in no way advocate for removing tax exemption of individual Churches
nope not one bit

But there is a scale when the Church no longer is anything other than business.
Let me provide an example out of this State.
Are you aware much of the prime Downtown real estate in Minneapolis & St. Paul is owned by the dioces of St. Peter ?
If it has a skyscraper on it, chances are that it's actually on Church land leased to a developer
How this happened was wealthy widows leaving property to the Church

Same deal in Chicago, New York City, Boston, etc
Another classic, who owns down town Las Vegas ?
Mormons, the LDS owns the physical land and leases it to the Casinos

How it works is the cities can run taxes on the structures they have no ability to tax the physical land itself which is shielded. This amounts to just millions in loss so to compensate the property taxes on everyone else must be a magnitude of degree higher
Nope, I don't want to tax a church but if they want to play landlord, well that property is no longer part of the actual church.

I want them to divest and collect their tax free proceeds from the sale getting the land on the actual tax rolls
Get out of the business of business and return to concentrating on spreading the word and doing good works in their communities.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 15:52   #203
hagar
Registered
 
hagar's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 228
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 9,838
Down here in the rural souff, the only growth industry are new churches...
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 15:52   #204
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,019
Another wrinkle in this manifesto we have not brought up is just who nutter claims as having influenced him the most:

Candace Owens

This is a gal I really like. Pretty cute, extremely Conservative Black gal. Not the least bit radical yet nutter states his views are not as extreme as hers...huh ?

Candace's big thing is she refuses to accept identity politics of the Left. She detests the notion that Blacks are somehow impaired and need assistance. Theres a few great interviews where she just rips on Liberals with her over their opposition to having an ID to vote. Like she notes you need ID to buy smokes, cash a check, buy a beer, drive a car...EVERYONE has ID

I don't see how Owens fit's with his murderous ideology unless that manifesto is a mixed message where he was also targeting folks for defamation through association after the fact.

Candace is 180 degrees from the Norway Nutter and that other nutter who shot up the Black church he claims to take inspiration from
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 16:45   #205
Herstal
Registered
 
Herstal's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7811
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
I want them to divest and collect their tax free proceeds from the sale getting the land on the actual tax rolls
Get out of the business of business and return to concentrating on spreading the word and doing good works in their communities.
You make a good point, and I have another example for you to illustrate it. I live right on the border between a major city and the country. So, parts of this area are developed, and others aren't. Most of the homes in this area are older subdivisions and considered low density. Close to where I live there was beautiful farmland that each year had some sort of crop on it. Well, the old man who owned it died, and he willed it to a local university run by the Church of Christ.

So what do they do? They bring in an out-of-state developer who plans out a high density subdivision. The stinking university - run by the Church of Christ - decide they want to go for the almighty dollar rather than be good and thoughtful neighbours. The local community rose against the plans, had numerous protests, had local television coverage concerned about what it would do to the area. It really just does not fit in here. Do you think the high and mighty Church of Christ university would reconsider? Nope nope nope. Actions such as these breed resentment among people to religious organizations. So yes. I do not know of the tax status of this development, however anything associated with that university or its little business ventures should be taxed. Like you said, its not a church, its a business and a money grubbing greedy one at that.
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God
Herstal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 17:22   #206
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herstal View Post
You make a good point, and I have another example for you to illustrate it. I live right on the border between a major city and the country. So, parts of this area are developed, and others aren't. Most of the homes in this area are older subdivisions and considered low density. Close to where I live there was beautiful farmland that each year had some sort of crop on it. Well, the old man who owned it died, and he willed it to a local university run by the Church of Christ.

So what do they do? They bring in an out-of-state developer who plans out a high density subdivision. The stinking university - run by the Church of Christ - decide they want to go for the almighty dollar rather than be good and thoughtful neighbours. The local community rose against the plans, had numerous protests, had local television coverage concerned about what it would do to the area. It really just does not fit in here. Do you think the high and mighty Church of Christ university would reconsider? Nope nope nope. Actions such as these breed resentment among people to religious organizations. So yes. I do not know of the tax status of this development, however anything associated with that university or its little business ventures should be taxed. Like you said, its not a church, its a business and a money grubbing greedy one at that.
Sadly it's more common than most folks know.

When I was living in the Twin Cities it was a City Councilman that first brought it up to me. I started researching it in both Hennipen and Ramsey Counties, the real estate holdings were in the multi millions. That was back in the 80s. Much was held by the Catholic church but there were properties owned by Lutherans, etc.

I'm not anti Church, Mosque, Temple, etc
They all deserve tax exempt status for their physical location
outside of that though, they get left land they must divest Period

They go political ?
similar situation in my book particularly when Church NGOs began donating to campaigns. That's not a Church, it's a PAC
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 22:29   #207
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The problem with removing the tax exemption is just one thing as I see it...the power to tax is the power to destroy.

Politicians will just tax any chruch they disagree with out of existance. Meaning all the Christian churches.
I could care less. Churches and religion are responsible for the majority of the deaths in the world today. Then couple that with the Atheist faction and it only gets worse.

So there were 2 dogooder girls from Dallas in 2001 that went on a mission to
Ashcanistan. They were kidnapped and most likely raped by their talibam captors. George Bushes sent in the SOG folks to rescue them. The same day they were going to make their more 4 planes were highjacked and 3500 people
died.......I really think we need to re-evaluate religion and taxation.
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2019, 22:46   #208
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
I could care less. Churches and religion are responsible for the majority of the deaths in the world today. Then couple that with the Atheist faction and it only gets worse.

So there were 2 dogooder girls from Dallas in 2001 that went on a mission to
Ashcanistan. They were kidnapped and most likely raped by their talibam captors. George Bushes sent in the SOG folks to rescue them. The same day they were going to make their more 4 planes were highjacked and 3500 people
died.......I really think we need to re-evaluate religion and taxation.
Not debating just not familiar, been a ton of idiots dying on stupid missions for years.

Been in the Northern Territories years ago
Wonderful folks, partied a number of weeks in Darra living with two families
Great peoples, people of the Gun
There really were no calls to prayer, Islam was kinda nominal

Hashish was everywhere, plenty of family stills too
you just didn't do it in public
Bush Junior deserves slow eating painful ass cancer over what happened there
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30   #209
Herstal
Registered
 
Herstal's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7811
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 134
Saw this on Zero Hedge today (which has reportedly been banned in New Zealand).

Why Does The Mainstream Media Purposely Ignore Mass Killings Of Christians Across The Globe?
__________________
Southern by the Grace of God

Last edited by Herstal; Yesterday at 10:48.
Herstal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:39   #210
Tak
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27291
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
NZ government capitulates to islam and promotes it's oppression:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-wear-hijab/
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:05   #211
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 46494
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
NZ government capitulates to islam and promotes it's oppression:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-wear-hijab/
You don't have to worry--it'll all be over soon. All those pretty, young, white New Zealand girls will experience the wonderful glory of Islam when the Muslim razor blade meets their clitoris--ouch
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:21   #212
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 5,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
NZ government capitulates to islam and promotes it's oppression:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-wear-hijab/
MORONs!

__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files