The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > General Meetings and Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2019, 05:50   #1
C. Stockwell
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82337
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: RI
Posts: 18
New England FAL 2-gun meetup

Myself and two friends are organizing a New England FAL + Cold War pistol meetup. If we have enough people showing up, I would like to have an actual 2-gun match. Tentative date of Labor Day or Veterans Day.

Last edited by C. Stockwell; July 20, 2019 at 06:05.
C. Stockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 06:36   #2
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor
 
Invictus77's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74205
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western, KY
Posts: 7,699
Depending on dates, I would likely be up for that trip.
__________________
A 9mm might expand
A 45 will never shrink
Invictus77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 06:59   #3
HenryIV
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80384
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Owensboro
Posts: 99
You will have a great time

With a little prep work like that done by my friend Invictus77 for his recent FAL and pistol shoot you will have a safe, organized blast of a time. Will it be in Rhode Island?
HenryIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 07:55   #4
C. Stockwell
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82337
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: RI
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIV View Post
With a little prep work like that done by my friend Invictus77 for his recent FAL and pistol shoot you will have a safe, organized blast of a time. Will it be in Rhode Island?
Either RI or NH. Travel into RI or NH is fine with a FAL and modern pistols. Carrying in RI would be a no-go for non-residents unless you want to bother with applying for a permit. NH is a Constitutional Carry state.
C. Stockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 08:10   #5
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor
 
Invictus77's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74205
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western, KY
Posts: 7,699
There are five US states I have not been in and Maine, Vermont, and NH are three of them. I need an excuse to get up there and an FAL shoot is the perfect excuse!

As far as I know (???) those 3 states are FAL friendly, so a shoot NH is my vote and I could fly in up there someplace. If in RI, I would likely not bring any guns as I would need to go through Massachusetts to visit ME, VT, and NH while I was up there.

You NE guys tell me if I am thinking correctly on the gun laws up there please???
__________________
A 9mm might expand
A 45 will never shrink
Invictus77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 08:40   #6
C. Stockwell
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82337
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: RI
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
There are five US states I have not been in and Maine, Vermont, and NH are three of them. I need an excuse to get up there and an FAL shoot is the perfect excuse!

As far as I know (???) those 3 states are FAL friendly, so a shoot NH is my vote and I could fly in up there someplace. If in RI, I would likely not bring any guns as I would need to go through Massachusetts to visit ME, VT, and NH while I was up there.

You NE guys tell me if I am thinking correctly on the gun laws up there please???
You're fine traveling through Mass with guns that are locked up and unloaded as long as you don't stop in Mass or go on detours in Mass. I would be more concerned with NY + CT as they're longer drives. You can fly into both RI + NH also.
C. Stockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2019, 16:40   #7
C. Stockwell
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82337
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: RI
Posts: 18
Tentative date and location: 11/11 at Pelham Fish and Game in New Hampshire. Will post again once everything's confirmed.
C. Stockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2019, 18:19   #8
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor
 
Invictus77's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74205
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western, KY
Posts: 7,699
11/11 is a Monday? Also it is Monday after opening weekend of KY deer gun season which is when the wife hunts. I'm not seeing that feasible in my schedule unfortunately.
__________________
A 9mm might expand
A 45 will never shrink
Invictus77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2019, 18:29   #9
C. Stockwell
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82337
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: RI
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
11/11 is a Monday? Also it is Monday after opening weekend of KY deer gun season which is when the wife hunts. I'm not seeing that feasible in my schedule unfortunately.
Correct, 11/11 is Veteran's Day and also marks Rhodesia's UDI. The date's not set in stone yet so I will keep everyone posted. Open to alternative suggestions as well.
C. Stockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files