Notices

Old July 31, 2017, 19:40   #601
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Last year in meetings folks were screaming it was here and they were shut down. However, NORAD is beefing up the Mountain and new raven rocks are being outfitted. Have that bad feeling.
http://www.newsmax.com/PeterPry/emps.../31/id/804782/
"Unfortunately, major intelligence failures like this are commonplace.

For example, the intelligence community was:

Surprised by the collapse of the USSR

Surprised that Saddam Hussein was within months of an A-bomb in 1991, during the first Iraq War

Surprised that Pakistan and India would become nuclear weapon states in 1998

Surprised by the 9/11 attacks and the global jihad

Surprised that Saddam Hussein had not revived his A-bomb program in 2003, a motive for the Second Iraq War

Surprised by Iran’s A-bomb program, revealed by Iranian dissidents in 2003

Surprised by Syria’s A-bomb program, supplied by North Korea, blasted out of existence by Israel in 2007

Why is the intelligence community so often so wrong?""

"""I have another surprise for the intelligence community.

North Korea can probably already strike the U.S. mainland with a high-altitude nuclear electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack that would blackout the national electric grid and kill millions of Americans. Warnings by the Congressional EMP Commission are also apparently being ignored by the intelligence community.

The same people warning about EMP have also been warning that the intelligence community is grossly underestimating North Korea’s ICBM program. Among these sages are Dr. William R. Graham (President Reagan’s science Adviser and Chairman of the EMP Commission), Ambassador R. James Woolsey (former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency), Ambassador Henry Cooper (former director of the Strategic Defense Initiative), and Fritz Ermarth (former chairman of the National Intelligence Council).

Maybe it is time to fire those who are consistently wrong and listen to those consistently right?""
Old July 31, 2017, 19:52   #602
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
In the span of 3 days, no one would even know what happened, with a few exceptions that have heard of EMP and can add 2=2 and arrive at 4. Most would be sitting and waiting for .gov to 'do sumthin'.
People have been warned, nothing left to do except make plans to care for yourself and your love ones.

I'm happy I live where I do.
Well off the beaten pathway, good water plan, able to lock the damn gate and survive for a long time.

What gets me on all this, is that so many people actually believe North Korea would not launch an EMP weapon at us.

They hate us, we've been all up in their asses for 65 years, they hate us!
Its like the nut job that walks up on you and says he's going to kill you and people smile and say, oh, he does not really mean that!

When someone says they plan to kill you, and can actually kill you, smart folks believe them!
Old August 11, 2017, 09:52   #603
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Back from a week of basicly bad news.
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/defense/346073-north-korea-just-might-be-able-to-win-a-war-if-it-begins-with-an
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2017, 10:16   #604
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
Lol, so how do you "EMP" 18 ohio class subs?
Old August 11, 2017, 10:23   #605
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Like that is going to do the population here any good after an EMP strike.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2017, 11:39   #606
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 73015
Quote:
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/defense/346073-north-korea-just-might-be-able-to-win-a-war-if-it-begins-with-an
So little kim now has super EMP weapons on his satellites?
SAFN49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2017, 12:32   #607
C2A1
Registered

His entire program was in that direction. Those "fissels" were EMP tests. For the best EMP processes you don't want the most explosive yield. These are gamma ray enhanced weapons. The Russians provided the designs. The reason for EMP is that you don't have to bring the weapon in, so you don't need the heat shield or harden the warhead. One EMP can do the economic damage of 50 multimegaton devices.
As for the satellites, I've listened to both sides. One thing is certain: He can put up the correct payload at the right altitude on the first pass.
The one thing we could do is take one of the satellited out, to demenstrate that we can do it and have the resolve. Chinese and Russians have done it to ours. It's destruction would also provide intell about what is in it.
Old August 11, 2017, 12:46   #608
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Kind of like saying you have a great car insurance policy after a fatal accident.
Old August 11, 2017, 12:49   #609
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I hadn't even thought about a regional EMP in far east Asia. Been too pre-occupied with North America.

With China and India in a border clash right now even better timing for NK.
Old August 11, 2017, 13:52   #610
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Well I doubt it.

In this scenario, North Korea detonates a nuclear weapon at 96 kilometers HOB (height of burst) over Tokyo. The EMP field extends from the Japanese capital to a radius of 1,080 kilometers, covering all of Japan's major home islands.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...begins-with-an

To do that it would also hit the Russian cities of Nakhodka and Vladivostok. 1,062 km
Distance from Vladivostok to Tokyo

Last edited by SAFN49; August 11, 2017 at 14:04.
Old August 11, 2017, 16:43   #611
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFN49 View Post
Well I doubt it.

In this scenario, North Korea detonates a nuclear weapon at 96 kilometers HOB (height of burst) over Tokyo. The EMP field extends from the Japanese capital to a radius of 1,080 kilometers, covering all of Japan's major home islands.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...begins-with-an

To do that it would also hit the Russian cities of Nakhodka and Vladivostok. 1,062 km
Distance from Vladivostok to Tokyo
So do I.

On the other thread about North Korea, people are looking at all of this as a game of checkers and its a chess game.

IF Russia or China came out and said they would hit the USA with EMP weapons, that would become a real concern.

Couldn't sleep last night, PTSD became my night time companion, again.

Chubs came out and said, or his people did, four missiles toward Guam.
Trumpster countered, all hell will be brought down on your head if you pull that shit.

Chubs is now in a box, fire, Trumpster calls his bluff and destroys the launch sites, maybe a nuclear site or two.

Chubs then does what, cut loose on South Korea, which would get a complete response from Trump, Japan, South Korea, and the nation and he himself dies a quick death.

China and Russia;
Chubs fires off four missiles toward Guam, or any place we will protect, and we shoot them down, a four for four.
China and Russia provided this crap to NK, does either country want the world to know, that we can shoot down their shit at will?
I think not.
We kill four of their missiles, the bluff about being great powers is over for them.

China said they would stop us from invading NK.
China can't stop the USA from doing anything.
It might try, it would be bloody, but in the end, they can't stop us from doing anything.
Then the Chinese government falls apart, if they even survive the effort.

Russia stays out of this one, they have far too many internal problems.

At this point, subject to change in five minutes seems to be a far better chance of China killing chubs and insuring the North does not become part of a unified Korea, which would become an economic powerhouse inside 20 years, one that would rival China.

Dig a bomb shelter, or replace blades on the little John Deere and knock down what we call grass here in Arizona, and most people refer to as weeds.

Off to the John Deere, something important.
Old August 11, 2017, 18:39   #612
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

Chubs came out and said, or his people did, four missiles toward Guam.
Trumpster countered, all hell will be brought down on your head if you pull that shit.

Chubs is now in a box, fire, Trumpster calls his bluff and destroys the launch sites, maybe a nuclear site or two.
Japan has already said that they will shoot down any missiles fired toward Guam.

FYI Iran provided the nuke tech to NK.
Old August 11, 2017, 19:58   #613
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

China and Russia;
China said they would stop us from invading NK.
China can't stop the USA from doing anything.
It might try, it would be bloody, but in the end, they can't stop us from doing anything.
Then the Chinese government falls apart, if they even survive the effort.
The communist Chinese stopped us in the 1950 s and the government survived.
Old August 11, 2017, 20:10   #614
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerange View Post
The communist Chinese stopped us in the 1950 s and the government survived.
No, not really, WE or I should say Truman, stopped us, not the Chinese.

My comment, was a total war comment, as in, no country on this earth can stop us, the US from doing anything it wants.

If a qualifier is required, to that comment, we, the USA may not survive either, at least not all in one piece.

The sheer brute force power this country holds in its hands is beyond anything ever seen in world history.
Old August 11, 2017, 20:15   #615
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Japan has already said that they will shoot down any missiles fired toward Guam.

FYI Iran provided the nuke tech to NK.
Damn, blades are tough to replace, but got that done, even cut some weeds.

I saw that a couple days ago, not real sure I like it, Japan and the capability to wage war has ended badly in the past for folks, but they have a stake in all this and seem geared up to fight, on the other hand, might be good having them beside us for a change.

I thought Iran got their stuff from NK??????
Old August 11, 2017, 21:19   #616
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

Quote:

I thought Iran got their stuff from NK??????
How do think NK got all the Uranium from the Obama nuke deal? It was Iran
Old August 11, 2017, 21:44   #617
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
How do think NK got all the Uranium from the Obama nuke deal? It was Iran
Damn, didn't know that either.

You need a play card just to keep up with these connections.
Old August 12, 2017, 11:01   #618
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
NK just might start some shit and China and Russia will sit and watch if and how the US and Japan are going to respond.

Then China and Russia are going to adjust their reactions from that point on.

If Kim Jong Un gets wasted in the process, so be it.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 11:30   #619
C2A1
Registered

http://www.newsmax.com/PeterPry/atom.../11/id/807153/
Old August 12, 2017, 11:57   #620
C2A1
Registered

Add this to the situation:
http://fortune.com/2016/01/23/china-collapse/
Folks are coming to visit later this week to give a broader briefing. They had been is SK and went to China this week. I get a data dump later next week. Looking at 40% unemployment. Back east last week, this was being included in how NK is moving. Remember, these folks think in terms of 10-20 year plans. Is it better in a national/political sense to take cheap US dollars on debt or push the reset button and take control of all of eastern Asia and at the same time eliminate the issues internal to China. Using NK to push the reset means your economic and military assets are conserved. Do you think the boy with the bad haircut is going to be sitting in a tunnel waiting for the response?
The players: NK mined the metal and got it ready to be refined. Iran produced the isotopic metal. Russia provided the weapon design. China provided missile technology. So what is the goal of all of this? Meanwhile back in the good old USA, Nero fiddles while Rome burns.
Food for thought.
Old August 12, 2017, 12:09   #621
tdb59
Grey Hair Pict / Enabler
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
As long as we don't fall victim to one of the classic blunders....

Matthew 5:16
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2017, 13:55   #622
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
As long as we don't fall victim to one of the classic blunders....

Which one, there are so many!
Old August 12, 2017, 14:16   #623
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Which one, there are so many!
The usual response is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia."
Old August 12, 2017, 14:52   #624
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerange View Post
The usual response is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia."
Yep, we would have to use nukes in a ground war in Asia, if either China or Russia went all in against us.
Reason Truman settled for a truce back in 1953, did not want to kill millions of Chinese, nor have our country ravaged by nukes.

I'd not have American troops in any country any where in the world, but we are in 125 countries, other than our own, that's a simply reality.

I'm not a fan of mutual defense pacts either, but our people have signed them, so we're stuck. Mutual defense agreements, mean we do all the heavy lifting and most of the dying in a shooting war.

Getting really close to the time, to simply turn this thing and the TV off and only deal with shit that comes up to MY property line.
Old Yesterday, 19:15   #625
C2A1
Registered

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ellites-with-/
Old Yesterday, 19:42   #626
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Ah hell, can't be true, everyone said NK did not have nor would ever have nukes, opps.
Ah hell, can't be true, everyone said NK can't build an enhanced EMP weapon, opps!

2 Russian general's told people in 2004, plans for an enhanced EMP were accidentally transferred to NK, really big oops!

ah hell, NK ain;t no threat to the USA, opps!

Never underestimate your enemy, they will do the so-called impossible every damn time, they will.