The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old July 19, 2018, 17:13   #1
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
BIANCHI #6D ATB IWB Holster?

Anyone have any experience with this model holster they'd like to share?

BIANCHI #6D ATB SZ13

http://www.jgsales.com/bianchi-6d-at...r-p-70132.html

I have the small version but wondering how good the bigger one would work for a heavy full-sized all metal pistol.

I like the convenience of just easily clipping to belt and ready to go, and the retention thumb break. I have an Alien Gear kydex holster which works okay, but, find that I almost never use it because it's just a pain to get hooked up easily to my belt and get situated quickly.

The world seems to be getting more crazy every day and I'm thinking full size and 16 rounds on tap is becoming necessary vs. the little LCP
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2018, 17:51   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Soft sides means you have to pull it out of the pants to reholster. I wouldn't buy it. Trying to reholster with it in the pants with one hand is impossible and an AD waiting to happen.
Old July 19, 2018, 22:30   #3
Tak
Registered

Yep I'm aware of that problem (have that issue with the little version and the LCP), and i'm not real concerned about re-holstering... P89 with decocker; plus it's easier to just pull the holster off your belt and holster the gun, then put the whole thing back on your belt.

More concerned about the pistol being too top heavy in the holster for it to stay supported right with just the single metal belt clip.
Old July 20, 2018, 10:20   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

It's all good if you have the use of two hands but can you take that chance? Having to pull a holster out of you pants to put the gun in it isn't a good idea in my opinion. You are then distracted from what's going on around you, not just two hands but both eyes. It's more expensive to buy a good holster but being able to holster with one hand may save your life.
Old July 21, 2018, 13:05   #5
Tak
Registered

Any other recommendations?

I can't seem to find a single metal belt clip IWB style with a thumb-break anywhere else.
Old July 21, 2018, 13:37   #6
Bawana jim
Registered

I don't own any with a the brake for inside the pants. That loose leather might get caught in the trigger guard and give me an AD. Where I were a gun I can't see it going into the holster.

Best in the pants holster I have ever worn and I own several were made by an ex cop out of Lincoln City Oregon. Hanson leather company. They are not on the net but here is their number and they will make you what you want.. They make em with thumb breaks.

Ernie Hanson

541-994-8295
Old July 22, 2018, 17:23   #7
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
I have one of those Bianchi's for a (heavy, all steel) Ruger Speed Six .357 and like it. No way to reholster without taking it off though. And I am OK with that. If I have to temporarily park the pistol somewhere I have a front pocket handy. If I have had to draw the Rosco at all, it probably needs to stay in my hand!

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote