The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old November 12, 2018, 12:43   #1
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Tragedy strikes Swiss Link

I guess the "Camp Fire" in California completely destroyed Swiss Link. This is such a tragedy; they were my go-to source for much of my preferred clothing and equipment. I am hoping they can recover. I received an email from them stating that their goal was to get back up on their feet but so much good surplus was destroyed. Much of it probably stuff that cannot be replaced.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2018, 16:26   #2
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Looks like they are indeed trying to come back from this. They are selling t-shirts to help fund their comeback. Seems kind of like a stretch but...

https://teespring.com/CampFire2018#p...2397&sid=front
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2018, 23:48   #3
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
What a major drag!
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2018, 23:55   #4
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I just ordered a teeshirt. Thanks for the heads up!

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote