Thumbs down Springfield Armory/Rock River Arms - No Bueno

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...for-carve-out/
LYCAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 11:04   #2
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
That makes it easier for me to decide where to look when purchasing a new gun. Thanks for narrowing down the field, Springfield and Rock River!

WTB: South African Pattern 70 web gear bits: yoke/suspenders, poncho carrier, 2x canteen pouches
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 12:35   #3
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Reading ztuff like that makes me sad.
Old April 29, 2017, 12:59   #4
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
How soon we forget;

"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." – Benjamin Franklin
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 14:29   #5
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Those companies will never get another dollar from me.

Dead. Flat out don't exist.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 15:59   #6
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Bill Ruger died and company seems to have improved so far as not being douchy collaborators. Unsure about Colt. Cant afford their stuff anyhow, and their revolvers never blew up my skirt any more than a nice old Smith. These two clowns are about to learn a hatd lesson since they dont have a Fudd marketshare or military contract to sustain them.

Who wants an XD-40 Service? Yeah, I still want top dollar. I'm an idealist but kind of whorish about it.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 18:35   #7
Pluribus
Average White Devil
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5600
Maybe the Illinois State House of Reps will kill it. Making it's way past committee and the State Senate by one vote does not a victory make.

Time still, to tell.

Were it not for ignorance, thus we would remain.

Never hate your enemy, it only clouds your judgment.
Pluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 22:45   #8
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 66202
Sad. Especially if it gets killed. Then they sold themselves out for no reason. Love to see that happen. I also am looking forward to whatever horseshit they spin to try and backpedal.
Old April 30, 2017, 09:04   #9
Brian in MN
Registered

FALaholic #: 289
I think they pissed off Rob Ski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoj4kL0jQQ
Old April 30, 2017, 09:10   #10
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Nothing new here. I suspect many of the same players were right behind the import bans as well. Always thought RRA was overrated anyway.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 10:32   #11
OLDMANPBK
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69978
I can live without either company. DSA is in Illinois, I wonder where they stood on this.

Last edited by OLDMANPBK; April 30, 2017 at 11:00.
OLDMANPBK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 10:52   #12
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in MN View Post
I think they pissed off Rob Ski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoj4kL0jQQ
That is pretty good...

And to celebrate events, I ordered another upper from PSA last night and not from RRA as I was initially planning to do...

And it does make you wonder about DSA, you know...?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 10:55   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Looking at the comments under the Rob video you see CTD mentioned. People have long memories. RRA does have govt contracts. I thought they didn't at 1st. Sell out bastards.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 10:59   #14
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Nothing new here. I suspect many of the same players were right behind the import bans as well.
Bingo. The republican-signed import ban was not about keeping scary assault rifles out of the country, it was about keeping low priced imports from competing with domestic overpriced union wages. The full support of US gun companies on the Republican's 1968 and 1989 import bans.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 11:06   #15
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Colt, Ruger and S&W STILL leave a bad taste in my mouth - I won't do business with them. Add RRA and Springlield to companies that will never sell me a new weapon. Used, just maybe, but no money into their conniving pockets

"A country should never become so civilized that it will hesitate to do violence upon those wishing it harm." Hagar

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 11:12   #16
ftierson
Registered

RRA has grown to become one of the largest manufacturers of ARs in the world. It'll be interesting to see how they are affected by this decision.

Springfield Armory, on the other hand, makes much less here and imports their best selling product (exempting the M1A and a few such small selling products). The Croatians might be quite unhappy with how this affects their sales outlet here and be looking for greener pastures... SA's US production (moved from Brazil) of their 1911 pistols will certainly be affected (and that's American jobs). They are so late to the AR table with their Saint in a saturated market that it's unclear what the effect will be for that.

Forrest
Old April 30, 2017, 11:13   #17
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Bingo. The republican-signed import ban was not about keeping scary assault rifles out of the country, it was about keeping low priced imports from competing with domestic overpriced union wages. The full support of US gun companies on the Republican's 1968 and 1989 import bans.
About sums it up...

Forrest
Old April 30, 2017, 14:34   #18
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Colt, Ruger and S&W STILL leave a bad taste in my mouth - I won't do business with them. Add RRA and Springlield to companies that will never sell me a new weapon. Used, just maybe, but no money into their conniving pockets
Awe shit! I just got fussed at over in another forum for being angry at HK for disapproving of civilians owning firearms event though they sell them to civilians.

It looks like you are in deep doo-doo now Brother Armstrong!

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 17:02   #19
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Awe shit! I just got fussed at over in another forum for being angry at HK for disapproving of civilians owning firearms event though they sell them to civilians.

It looks like you are in deep doo-doo now Brother Armstrong!

Jarhead
Ya know, that might be why some folks call me a shithead, come to think of it. I think of it as a promotion

Forgot to mention Hk on my list - in for a penny, in for a pound.

"A country should never become so civilized that it will hesitate to do violence upon those wishing it harm." Hagar

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 19:34   #20
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
RRA has grown to become one of the largest manufacturers of ARs in the world. It'll be interesting to see how they are affected by this decision.

Springfield Armory, on the other hand, makes much less here and imports their best selling product (exempting the M1A and a few such small selling products).

Forrest
You believing their M1A is made in USA? Why you think so? Notice they are now sufficiently neutered to avoid Imperial entanglements. I suspect not enough US content to comply with 922 to retain a bayo lug.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 20:47   #21
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronF View Post
You believing their M1A is made in USA? Why you think so? Notice they are now sufficiently neutered to avoid Imperial entanglements. I suspect not enough US content to comply with 922 to retain a bayo lug.
Does make you wonder, doesn't it...

Forrest
Old April 30, 2017, 21:00   #22
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Current IL House of Reps:

Democrats: 67 Republicans: 51

It may be up to Rauner to veto this crap.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 21:07   #23
NFADLR
Custom User Title
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
We as a community need a posted stickied list of such things to remind us not to buy from asshats like these.

Ruger is another one that really pissed me off back in the early 90's, I'm sure tales of bill Ruger selling out to the man are legend far and wide across the firearms community so I don't need to diatribe here about his ilk.

NOTICE: Nothing herein may be taken or construed as "legal advice", as such advice may only be offered by a licensed attorney, and there are none.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2017, 21:42   #24
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
We as a community need a posted stickied list of such things to remind us not to buy from asshats like these.

Ruger is another one that really pissed me off back in the early 90's, I'm sure tales of bill Ruger selling out to the man are legend far and wide across the firearms community so I don't need to diatribe here about his ilk.
No, you don't...

Smith & Wesson was another...

I wouldn't touch a Ruger or a Smith & Wesson firearm for decades because of this.

Having said that; however, we also need to keep in mind that there are no Rugers now involved with the company, and that Ruger currently manufactures all sorts of 'evil' stuff and has been very supportive of the shooting community. I'm sure that Billie Boy is turning in his grave...

My point is only that we need to keep up on things and reward and punish based on the world we currently live in.

And I know that you weren't trying to say anything different, but only building on your comment...

Forrest

Last edited by ftierson; April 30, 2017 at 21:50. Reason: Edited to make clear what the "No, you don't" refers to...
Old May 01, 2017, 00:18   #25
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Withholding judgement until I know what actually happened.

A lobbying group, IFMA, dropped it's opposition to a bill after manufacturers were exempt. Does anyone know how much SAI and RRA contribute to the IFMA, how much influence they have with the IFMA, or if they were really busy making guns and were caught off guard? They probably contribute to lots of things.

I don't know yet.
Old May 01, 2017, 09:57   #26
Brian in MN
Registered

FALaholic #: 289
I believe that they are the IFMA.

https://www.campaignmoney.com/politi...ssociation.asp
Old May 01, 2017, 10:21   #27
NFADLR
Custom User Title
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
Just found this EMAIL in my junk e mail account.

GB is touting SA now

http://enews.gunbroker.com/q/g1rlXsO...5bn1QCeuQCsG2y

NOTICE: Nothing herein may be taken or construed as "legal advice", as such advice may only be offered by a licensed attorney, and there are none.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2017, 12:59   #28
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
Just found this EMAIL in my junk e mail account.

GB is touting SA now

http://enews.gunbroker.com/q/g1rlXsO...5bn1QCeuQCsG2y

Just not turning away advertising dollars.
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2017, 13:27   #29
Tuhlmann
Sand In Your Shorts
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Withholding judgement until I know what actually happened.

A lobbying group, IFMA, dropped it's opposition to a bill after manufacturers were exempt. Does anyone know how much SAI and RRA contribute to the IFMA, how much influence they have with the IFMA, or if they were really busy making guns and were caught off guard? They probably contribute to lots of things.

I don't know yet.
It shows in the OP link that each contributed $50,000 in 2014.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2017, 10:54   #30
djfin
Registered

FALaholic #: 62265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronF View Post
Actually you can get one with a bayonet lug. An yes they are still made in the USA. They do source some parts from outside the USA as do many US manufactures but are made here and 922 is not an issue. I have been to the factory several times in the last couple of years to discuss doing contact machining work of non serialized parts for them. Has not worked out so far. One question how are they "neutered' other than the lug??
djfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2017, 11:17   #31
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017
Received this in e-mail from SA today..... Nice huh.

DYLStyleBanner_SALogoAndWebsite.jpeg

ila_general_print_header.jpgremote.jpg

Dear Lon,

The 2nd Amendment urgently needs your help in Illinois!

The Illinois House of Representatives may consider Senate Bill 1657, legislation that could put state gun dealers out of business, at any time!
It is imperative you share this with friends and family living in Illinois and strongly urge them to OPPOSE SB 1657!
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 1.32.37 PM?noresize.png?noresize

SB 1657 would create onerous mandatory regulations, fees potentially in the thousands of dollars and excessive amounts of red tape that would almost assuredly force the closure of many firearm dealers, and prevent prospective owners from opening new ones. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) already licenses and closely monitors all federally licensed firearm dealers (FFLs) and strictly enforces any violation of federal law.

SB 1657 goes far beyond federal law and is designed to shut down as many FFLs as possible.

Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact your state Representative and urge them to strongly oppose SB 1657! Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for further updates on this bill.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Email
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2017, 18:31   #32
gew98
Registered

FALaholic #: 32830
Location: away from taxation without representation , Kentucky !.
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=786226

The duplicity of SA and RRA are complete and thorough. They are the IFMA in all respects. A shadow they created to distance themselves from their corruption...but alas the paper trial exposes them for what they are. It even limits illinois residents to 9 transactions per year...9.

1) Culture builds upon the past
2) The past always tries to control the future.
3) Our future is becoming less free
4) To build free societies you must limit control of the past.

All hail lord IMPOTUS and Darth Biden All hail.

Last edited by gew98; May 04, 2017 at 18:37.
gew98 is online now   Reply With Quote