The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Shotgun Files

Notices

Old December 05, 2018, 11:36   #1
ratas calientes
Registered

FALaholic #: 1841
Any love here for the VEPER 12?

Folks - I picked up a VEPR 12 for my Christmas gift this year. It is still stashed away in the box. It comes with the wood thumb-hole stock. Yuck. But I have a side-folder to attach. Two all-metal 10-round Csspec magazines will also be in the mix.

So . . . I have done some reading on Vepr.org in the shotgun section, but it does not have a lot of traffic. Maybe somewhat like ths sub-forum? Anywho, are there any other sites I should check on to learn about this shotgun?

Thanks Santa!

Last edited by ratas calientes; December 05, 2018 at 22:15.
ratas calientes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2018, 16:53   #2
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
What you want to know ?

They are amazing guns ..What 922r parts are you going to use ?

I will say I might do the AR15 stock round or a straight AK stock ..The factory tube stock is a little rough lol for some people

You can still get factory 8 and 10 round mags for them not cheep but very well made .

They run like no tomorow ..When I was using when I load the factory 5 mag with a mix of cheep bird, buck, slug and heavier mix it up just to see ..Un cleaned un lubbed the gun ran amazing

They are some of the best imop auto loaders out there with a correct convrsion saiga right after

You will like it they are hoot
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2018, 15:40   #3
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Make sure to pick up a drum for it.

Old December 08, 2018, 18:41   #4
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
There is one big problem with these units that nobody mentions which is with a loaded magazine in the shotgun with the bolt closed over time the spring pressure will deform the plastic shell at the nose portion where it contacts the bottom of the bolt enough to where the first round will not chamber. If you use yours for home defence do not keep a loaded magazine in the shotgun. If you do when and if you need it it will fail.
The large drum magazines are ridiculesly huge, look at the size of that thing! May I suggest the much smaller 10 round drum instead, if you think you need a 20 round drum get two 10 rounders. The 10 round magazine is only 4 3/4 inches in diameter and much easier to deal with. The super long stick type magazines are so freaking long they suck too. 10 round drums in my opinion is the way to go.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 09, 2018, 11:34   #5
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Is there a 10 round drum available for the Veper 12? I will admit the 25 round drum is a range toy.
Old December 09, 2018, 15:15   #6
pre1989
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
Is there a 10 round drum available for the Veper 12? I will admit the 25 round drum is a range toy.
They make factory 10 rounders ..Look great and run good
Old December 10, 2018, 12:17   #7
ratas calientes
Registered

FALaholic #: 1841
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
What you want to know ?

They are amazing guns ..What 922r parts are you going to use ?

I will say I might do the AR15 stock round or a straight AK stock ..The factory tube stock is a little rough lol for some people

You can still get factory 8 and 10 round mags for them not cheep but very well made .

They run like no tomorow ..When I was using when I load the factory 5 mag with a mix of cheep bird, buck, slug and heavier mix it up just to see ..Un cleaned un lubbed the gun ran amazing

They are some of the best imop auto loaders out there with a correct convrsion saiga right after

You will like it they are hoot
Shotty is still in limbo . . . waiting for Christmas.

Not sure yet about US-made parts. Any recommendations which work best and which ones to avoid? The Csspec magazines do add up to three parts.

I did research what ammo to run. I still need to drop past the nearest Wally World so snag some.
Old December 10, 2018, 16:55   #8
hardheaded
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
I totally love my V12
The Tapco trigger guts is worth a few points
Maybey shove a US muzzle brake on it
Old Yesterday, 17:28   #9
pre1989
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post
Shotty is still in limbo . . . waiting for Christmas.

Not sure yet about US-made parts. Any recommendations which work best and which ones to avoid? The Csspec magazines do add up to three parts.

I did research what ammo to run. I still need to drop past the nearest Wally World so snag some.
I mean you could add a USA stock and all that and a USA muzzle break that should get you close

But you only need to do that if you are using over 5 round mags I think as far as the law stated if

Check though sometimes sellers will sell the guns already 922r so you never know