The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Economics & Investing

Notices

Old April 06, 2018, 17:54   #1
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
The game

It's way past most of us guys, I can't figure it out. Because I am cynical I tend to think the worst things are happening and see each event as a ladder going down to hell. Money wise all kinds of events happening and I wonder if the crash of money is about to start. When they talk openly about banning gun and ammo sales from credit card purchases then it's fear driving them.

So much going on in trade and they say trade causes wars. Trillions in debt and they add another huge pile recently. China threatens the dollar, most countries threaten war if you believe the media. Huge amounts of info comming through to compile as our future. Got a good guess how this plays out????

Lots of fear pushing gun controls, got to get them guns before the crash.
Old April 06, 2018, 18:30   #2
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
I bet 21+ trillion dorrars - there's War, eventually!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 06, 2018, 19:24   #3
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
It is going to happen someday. I just hope that I am either dead and buried or still able to jump into the fray...

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 07, 2018, 10:26   #4
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
"...if you believe the media..."
I generally do not.
We finally have a person who recognizes the royal screwing this republic has been taking for far,far too long. And he is doing things about it. So yeah,of course the spoiled-brat children who have been grifting their sustenance from this gigantic debt are going to bitch about it. Tough shit. Time to put on your bigboy pants. China is bitching because they see the pointed end of the stick coming around. Again,tough shit.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 07:33   #5
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
The economy is all about growth. Growth and the markets used to be somewhat
predictable. Today you don’t hear any news about the American birth rate......
We have replaced the white birthdate (new consumers) with imported foreigners.
They start buying stuff right away too. The first sign there was an issue was when Reagan pardoned 2 million illegals. China didn’t get ahead of us by themselves either. They had people here looking for a strategic advantage in manufacturing. Costs for tool and die work here in the 80’s were ridiculous.
We were taking products to them....look at Apple. They built at least one whole city to house workers for the Foxconn bunch that make the Apple products.

Eventually you get to an unsustainable spot and the foundation gives way.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 10:12   #6
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
It's way past most of us guys, I can't figure it out. Because I am cynical I tend to think the worst things are happening and see each event as a ladder going down to hell. Money wise all kinds of events happening and I wonder if the crash of money is about to start. When they talk openly about banning gun and ammo sales from credit card purchases then it's fear driving them.

So much going on in trade and they say trade causes wars. Trillions in debt and they add another huge pile recently. China threatens the dollar, most countries threaten war if you believe the media. Huge amounts of info comming through to compile as our future. Got a good guess how this plays out????

Lots of fear pushing gun controls, got to get them guns before the crash.

Debt isn't really a problem until you can't create more debt. China's rumor of ceasing it's purchases of US paper causes fear. Syria is testing the petro dollar. The China/Russia agreement to exchange oil by using their own money vs the dollar, not good for the US dollar. The BRICS decision to create their own gold standard, not good for the dollar. Recent Chinese startup using yuan instead of dollars for petro exchange is a kick in the pants.

Let's face it as the holder of the worlds reserve currency standard we have been naughty at many levels. Can't blame them if they are sick of it and they are tightening the screws. And of course we obviously want to maintain our economic advantage.

Can't see it going down easy.

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 12:37   #7
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I think an added feature is the huge change in politics that is taking place which really affects the markets. It is confusing to me because it looks like consent to be governed is lost in the upper branches of government. We give our consent to be governed by elections but only if they follow the constitution. Yet we have unelected folks in control that won't consent to following our laws we demand followed by our last election. They refuse oversite.
Old April 12, 2018, 21:29   #8
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I think an added feature is the huge change in politics that is taking place which really affects the markets. It is confusing to me because it looks like consent to be governed is lost in the upper branches of government. We give our consent to be governed by elections but only if they follow the constitution. Yet we have unelected folks in control that won't consent to following our laws we demand followed by our last election. They refuse oversite.
And this is why the continued push to clean out Augean stables,and why we elected Hercules Trump. But he can't do it all by himself;we have to do our part as well.
Keep moving forward. The sun is shining brightly upon the cockroaches in Justice and FBI. They never would have been discovered had Hillary the super felon been elected.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote