Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > The Great Outdoors

Notices

Old February 10, 2018, 12:45   #1
jt59
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 21735
Bobcat and other

I saw a bobcat near the house a few weeks ago. I bought two cheap trail cameras and put them up at the edge of my property where I frequently see animal tracks. I pulled the cards yesterday and we do have a bobcat living in the neighborhood. I hope the cat will deter the coyotes.
I also saw something which is not so good, two men, one with a shovel and one with a metal detector. I know most of my neighbors and I had never seen these people before. They were headed into the large property behind my place, guess I will ask around and see if anyone recognizes them.
jt59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2018, 16:45   #2
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
I found putting up trail cams proved to be quite worthwhile. Not only to see what animals are coming and going but trespassers as well.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2018, 08:38   #3
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
I also saw something which is not so good, two men, one with a shovel and one with a metal detector. . . They were headed into the large property behind my place, guess I will ask around and see if anyone recognizes them.
A word of warning: to maximize profits, or when supplies are hard to obtain, Meth cooks commonly reuse their by-product, "bones", to produce more crystal meth. It is not unheard of to bury the "bones" for future use. Those trespassers might be a serious problem if you encounter them on your property digging up by-product of their illicit trade.
Old March 10, 2018, 18:47   #4
jt59
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 21735
I have not had any more trespassers, but I am surprised at the number of armadillos. I did not get as many coyotes as I expected. I think I will move the cameras around and see what else is out there.
jt59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2018, 20:51   #5
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I've never seen a bobcat on my place. But, a friend was out there shooting with one of his buds one day. His buddy had just finished 20 rounds through his FAL and turned to walk back to the table. My friend said he looked up on the tank dam and there stood a bobcat! I couldn't believe 20 rounds of 7.62x51 hadn't scared him into the next county.

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote