Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old February 02, 2017, 11:45   #501
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
The Congressional EMP Commission warns that nuclear-armed rogue states or terrorists could make a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack that could blackout the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures for over a year — killing 9 of 10 Americans by starvation and societal collapse.
Gives me pause: Do I really want to be a member of the 10 percent?

Might be fun for awhile...

TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2017, 11:48   #502
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Goes to eleven!

Old March 15, 2017, 09:33   #503
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
The world keeps getting more interesting. Back on the rural issue for the taskforce (yes, the new boss is taking the issue seriously). On the rural issue, a problem has popped up. No seed. Look up Syngenta US, the Chinese govt. is buying up all seed production capability. (Also suing the US for growing soybean, they claim they invented it 180 years ago (yes, that's right) and we need to pay. Soybean germination was down 42% this year so the genes need to be refreshed. Guess what, the USDA seed bank never kept any base seed ( no budget for this since Clinton cut it.) Now China refuses to provide base seed until we pay back royalities. Obama said, we need to be nice, new folks aren't happy, so we'll see where that goes. Food will be used in the next war.
Anyway for your entertainment: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ea-iran-need-/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2017, 12:02   #504
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Maybe China is peeved that the top destinations of US grain exports are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan?

https://www.grains.org/market-data/t...xport-partners
Old March 15, 2017, 12:18   #505
warmshadow
Registered

FALaholic #: 79133
emp shots down all electronic devices, cause tremor and shatter network. dont know how long it will take it all the come back up, some nuclear war heads also have the same effects.
warmshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:06   #506
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmshadow View Post
emp shots down all electronic devices, cause tremor and shatter network. dont know how long it will take it all the come back up, some nuclear war heads also have the same effects.
English wasn't your best subject in school, was it

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:20   #507
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Maybe China is peeved that the top destinations of US grain exports are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan?

https://www.grains.org/market-data/t...xport-partners
Depends on what grain. China has been importing lots of U.S. grain sorghum recently.

http://www.agweb.com/article/grain-s...-betsy-jibben/

but it is slowing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gr...-idUSKCN0VC2V2
MordeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:29   #508
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
English wasn't your best subject in school, was it
Doggone It....now I have to clean the Jameson off my computer screen.
Old March 17, 2017, 16:16   #509
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Hey, hey, don't be wasting that stuff !!!!

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old March 17, 2017, 16:27   #510
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmshadow View Post
Welcome to the FF, where having a sense of humor, use of the spell checker, thick ass hide, and the ability to tell some folks to just fug off on occasion comes in real handy.

Now guys, stop eating our young, it does not taste like chicken, and upsets people reading their morning papers and drinking their tea!
Old March 17, 2017, 16:48   #511
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Did the Jameson on the screen look like the question market that was missing?
Old March 20, 2017, 15:54   #512
C2A1
Registered

Passing along as it is public:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...et-engine.html
Note:"Kim was quoted as ordering officials and scientists to COMPLETE preperations for a satellite lunch as soon as possible, amid the enemies harsh sanctions and moves to stifle the North".
He is a rat in the corner.
Old March 20, 2017, 18:14   #513
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Passing along as it is public:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...et-engine.html
Note:"Kim was quoted as ordering officials and scientists to COMPLETE preperations for a satellite lunch as soon as possible, amid the enemies harsh sanctions and moves to stifle the North".
He is a rat in the corner.

He seems to enjoy ladies and fine food, not so much having a 500 lb J-dam flown through his bedroom window.
Lil' Kim does anything stupid that actually harms people, his life expectancy is near zero and he knows it.
Iran, now they are true blue believers, and that outfit could and would do anything regardless if they survive the effort or not, and that's scary as hell.
If they ever hit Israel hard, they cease to exist and what that leads too is anyone's guess.
Europe still needs that oil and if the area turns into a parking lot full of glass overnight, well, the world would change and not for the good for anyone.
Having a nice bunker/fallout shelter, below ground level and with a 12 inch concrete top, with a decent air filtration system, ain't such a nutter idea.
Old March 20, 2017, 19:20   #514
C2A1
Registered

Sad news is his relationship with Iran. The recent Li6 indicates that he has reached a level beyond simple nukes and that several shipments have been to Iran. He is just one weird dude. I think that if he thought he was loosing control away things would fly. In the last meetings, was briefed on Iran and things very dicey. I was told they will go for it but have had some set backs in Syria. The talk was if a co-ordinated attack would occur.
When it comes it will be out of the blue (no pun intended).
Old March 20, 2017, 19:23   #515
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Europe still needs that oil and if the area turns into a parking lot full of glass overnight, well, the world would change and not for the good for anyone.
I always say "we can drill through glass"
Old March 20, 2017, 20:55   #516
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Sad news is his relationship with Iran. The recent Li6 indicates that he has reached a level beyond simple nukes and that several shipments have been to Iran. He is just one weird dude. I think that if he thought he was loosing control away things would fly. In the last meetings, was briefed on Iran and things very dicey. I was told they will go for it but have had some set backs in Syria. The talk was if a co-ordinated attack would occur.
When it comes it will be out of the blue (no pun intended).
Israel is openly attacking targets inside Syria, open for them anyway.
If they hit an Iranian outfit, or G-D forbid get into it with Russian Migs by accident or design of the Ruskies, it could all blow up.
Hezbollah is fully funded, trained, and supplied by Iran, working out of Lebanon, attacks a couple days ago were Izzies taking care of Iranian arms and rockets going into Lebanon.
Korea or Iran, got to go with Iran as being the flash point.
China wins nothing if Lil'Kim gets stupid and a whole lot to loose.
Iran is the wildcard and really crazy man with a big gun.
And we're due another major dust up in the middle east.
Old March 20, 2017, 21:15   #517
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Having a nice bunker/fallout shelter, below ground level and with a 12 inch concrete top, with a decent air filtration system, ain't such a nutter idea.
Back to the future.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 22:08   #518
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Back to the future.
Its kinda nice to have, mama is retiring end of school year and plans to spend All her time with me.
Old March 21, 2017, 13:07   #519
C2A1
Registered

My wife told me if I retire, I need to buy a new house for myself.
NK boy is a nut job and jumps around like a scalded money (of course he maybe like that monkey on You tube given an AK). Iran is slow and quite, the serpent they are.
Old March 21, 2017, 21:02   #520
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
My wife told me if I retire, I need to buy a new house for myself.
NK boy is a nut job and jumps around like a scalded money (of course he maybe like that monkey on You tube given an AK). Iran is slow and quite, the serpent they are.
Got a nice shop building going up shortly, and first thing I did, made sure had room for a large ass couch, coffee pot, and also an area for the large screen tv hooked up to direct tv.
Women are extremely devious and smart, men have to plan ahead to beat'em!!!!!!
A hidden room ain;t a bad idea either.
Old March 22, 2017, 07:36   #521
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
A hidden room ain;t a bad idea either.
Be careful with this - they catch you with it and they are likely to brick up the entrance. With you inside. AMHIK.

Old March 28, 2017, 20:16   #522
C2A1
Registered

This appeared:
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...e?f=must_reads
Old March 28, 2017, 20:58   #523
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Saw that, the threat is real, G-D help us all if it occurs.
Old March 30, 2017, 09:32   #524
C2A1
Registered

Also on Drudge.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ericans-at-any
Old March 30, 2017, 12:51   #525
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
Quote:
Doing without electricity for a few years might do us some good. Nobody with any sense would starve. We have enough energy stored in human bodyfat to harvest the crops for several years.
Old March 30, 2017, 13:37   #526
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Doing without electricity for a few years might do us some good. Nobody with any sense would starve. We have enough energy stored in human bodyfat to harvest the crops for several years.
Ignorance is bliss, ain't it ?

Old March 30, 2017, 19:39   #527
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
There goes 95% of the population, including all medical assets!
Old March 31, 2017, 09:14   #528
starbuck
Registered

Quote:
There goes 95% of the population, including all medical assets!
Not that it couldn't happen but its extremely unlikely. No event in recorded history has ever produced that number of casualties, except for maybe the Mongol hordes, but those may be exaggerated. 70 million people live in the congo drinking out of streams and rivers. People are resourceful and get quick to the learning curve once the dieing starts.
Old March 31, 2017, 09:59   #529
C2A1
Registered

One of the problems is the total collapse of agriculture. No machinery to any great extent and no seeds. The GMO row crops need new seed every year. Not good. In the commission we refer to it s cold and hungary warfare. Also your most critical brainpower will be destroyed in the urban areas so a recovery economically will be generational in nature. As we see it, your going to have to try and save a few areas to serve as a nucleus to begin economic growth.
Old March 31, 2017, 10:08   #530
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Not that it couldn't happen but its extremely unlikely. No event in recorded history has ever produced that number of casualties, except for maybe the Mongol hordes, but those may be exaggerated. 70 million people live in the congo drinking out of streams and rivers. People are resourceful and get quick to the learning curve once the dieing starts.
Well, I think you are being awfully optimistic. For starters, this would be an occurence stemming from either a nuclear or solar event. Never in history has the world been so exposed AND vulnerable due to our critical infrastructure being so computer/electronics oriented and people being generations removed from being self sufficient. Virtually no transportation of critical materials ( including food ), no medical facilities, no sanitation facilities, massive firestorms in the cities - the list goes on and on, and at a level that would likely FAR surpass any historic event. Add to it the resultant vulnerability to foreign attack .

The 95% figure is a worst case number, but is well researched and documented.

Old March 31, 2017, 10:25   #531
starbuck
Registered

So where did the seeds go? A "total" collapse of agriculture would take a lot. I've taken quite a few motorcycle rides through Amish country here in Ohio and it would be very difficult to collapse their agriculture without killing them first. GMO's don't need new seed except by copywrite law. Hybrids need new seed. Some GMO's are hybrid but not all. GMO Soybeans for example are open pollinated but you need ample force to fend off the Monsanto goons when they come for their cut. Open pollinated field corn still exists but yields are around half that of hybrid GMO's.
Old March 31, 2017, 14:53   #532
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
So where did the seeds go? A "total" collapse of agriculture would take a lot. I've taken quite a few motorcycle rides through Amish country here in Ohio and it would be very difficult to collapse their agriculture without killing them first. GMO's don't need new seed except by copywrite law. Hybrids need new seed. Some GMO's are hybrid but not all. GMO Soybeans for example are open pollinated but you need ample force to fend off the Monsanto goons when they come for their cut. Open pollinated field corn still exists but yields are around half that of hybrid GMO's.
The 95% is a low ball number.
As others said, at no time in the history of the world, has mankind been so utterly dependent upon one single thing, that being electricity.
Most people live in cities, with zero chances of survival without electricity.
Mass deaths in small locations breed famine and diseases, lack of clean water, no way to produce food by hand to feed the population we have, no time for a learning curve to relearn how to produce by hand, no time for draft animals to be raised and trained to the plow, simply no time to adapt to a change if electricity goes out over night.

I have seed packs, and plans to raise food stuffs after an EMP event.
I also know, I will not be putting anything into the ground for at least a year, most likely two after an event.
You can't plant and raise food when everyone around you is starving to death and murdering everything and everyone to survive just one more day.
You have to wait until the mass die off occurs, then once that reduces the population, 95% or even more, then look to become self sustaining.
People can guard and fight for survival, or plant a sustenance garden small farm, but one cannot do both at one time.

If or when an EMP hits, me and mine are going to ground for a couple of years, staying away from everyone.
Then poking my head up and going on from there.
Old March 31, 2017, 15:40   #533
starbuck
Registered

These blue counties contain about 50% of the population. Here I could believe 95% could die from a 1-3 year long electrical outage coupled with no help due to .gov being busy with a major conflict. If its just a solar flare caused outage I still think thats way high. I guess its just because starvation is just unimaginable to me. My whole life I have been surrounded by mountains of corn and soybeans, literal mountains of corn. When they run out of space they just pile it up outside in the rain and everything. Now if you want to go all out superpower nuclear war, well yeah everythings going to be toast 95+% makes sense. Jokingly I've advocated for limited nuclear war for a while now. Obviously the commies in these population centers will be the losers. Now I couldn't farm 500 acres with no power, but I could do 40 acres. And I could do 500 as well if I had 40 workers. The cows aren't going to like pulling a plow but I could get at least a couple to learn how.
 photo county map_zpsgjik4tzz.png
Old March 31, 2017, 16:40   #534
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Starbuck, you're a farmer.
That's going to be the most important job after an EMP.
It was not that long ago, people were born, lived, and died all within 20 miles of where they were born.
My parents, born around turn of century, 1910/1914 never ever left those two states in their whole lives, that being SC and NC.
When people panic, and chaos reigns the land, they will not work together to do anything.
You can plant your 40 acres, work it, have a rifle or two, intend to protect it, and get 600 people hitting and over running your place in five minutes.
I've taken steps not to deal with starvation, my number one issue is people in panic mode out to survive one more day.
We get hit with an EMP event, people here will be eating one another inside two or three weeks.
Have you ever gone 24 hours without one single thing to eat?
If you have not, try it right now, when you read this, no plans to try it later, just not one single thing to eat from right now, for 24 exact hours.
Let me know how you fill after 24 hours.
And yes, I've been in this situation before, more times that I ever wish to remember.
Once for four days. Smithy was looking like log pig after four days.
Old April 03, 2017, 17:30   #535
C2A1
Registered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pared-war.html
Old April 04, 2017, 06:55   #536
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Met this guy in 1981, was a SFC wearing a green beret, pulling ROTC duty as recovered from a "training accident" (round through knee) in "Panama" (El Salvador) to rehab and recover to get back where he wanted to be. With a stainless steel knee could run us college kids till we puked. Same time I had an uncle who was an engineer at Lockheed and pre Fall of the Shah, spent a lot of time going to Iran. My seargent buddy had spent a lot of time training Iranian special forces and other troops, if shooting people is just training. I was a college freshman that did a lot of listening at a time where most people my age cared about mostly drinking, sex and keeping parents footing the bill.

Both men told me that the sooner we killed every Iranian from infant to decrepit elderly the better off United States would be. Said even when Shah reigned, his people hated him for being friendly with the unwashed heathen Americans, and were all raised from birth to hate all Americans and anything American. To die killing or harming Americans was a instant upgrade to top tier living in their version of heaven. Being young I listened cause my dad raised me to respect my elders. I did what I could to learn and have yet to see any information to this date that controdicts what those two wise men told me.

We need to loose one multi-warhead ICBM and turn that country to glass coated sand, stand up and say "hell yes we did it, anyone that doesn't like it needs to sign a petition" so we know where to dispose of more aging devices rather than spend the budget necessary to dimantle. Yes, the Russians and Chinese will poster, pontificate and it will be sketchy for a bit but they don't want our nuclear arsenal unleashed and will see the light. For a season Teddy Rosevelt's "Big Stick" policy of world relations will come back into play and meanwhile we can root out the worst of other middle east terror groups and nations with impunity and get more backlash from our own citizens than the other super powers. Especially if we promise them rights to tap the some of the oil wells in bordering nations and instruct them that they need to play nice too. Either we push the end of human existence back another millenia or we push it forward a few generations. Either way, us humans have been spending way more effort trying to kill and conquer each other than how to get along and eventually the entire flush lever will be pulled by someone, may as well be the flusher than the flushed.

Man, reread that and sounds like some drunken bigoted deplorable wrote it rather than a man who just finished morning Bible study and prayer. Of course was reading Old Testament this morning. Part where God told the Jews to kill every man, woman, child, beast of field, poison wells and sew the land with salt. Really wish they had listened. Of course if Abraham and Sarah had listened that order may not have come down to be ignored.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2017, 07:25   #537
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Broke the big map down to state of Georgia. One the northeast side of big lake that's north of Atlanta will see a little black dot which is my rough location. Anything north, northwest or northeast of my dot is farm land and mountains. South end of our county has been overrun with Atlanta commuters. The 2008 economic crash saved my @$$ as the subdivisions were marching my way but only one small one was established on my road.

Those bums that burned down I-78/I-85 may have done me another favor as a lot of folks are already trying to figure out how to move closer to work if job is downtown. Maybe will get lucky and new I-85 north widning project through Gwinnett will have some crack heads burn it down too but at least know how to drop the interstate bridges and elevated areas close by easily now if need be. Fire is insprirational.

Luckily most of the farms around me are still profitable due to poultry and cattle. Listening to birds chirp, watching the lake and no traffic of any consequence going by house. Need to get my @$$ out the door and on to work but lingering deciding which rifles are going with me to range for sight in and function verification today. About four is all I have time for and get my work done. Next door neighbor and I already have a plan to farm his field and protect it. At present three households in immediate area will have to go preemptive on immediately. Owners heirs turned into rentals waiting for lake front property prices to recover and the tenants will either have to be dealt with on front end or very soon after and once they get real hungry will have evil intent on their minds. Most of the houses around me are second or third generation residents and will work together like their parents did.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old April 04, 2017, 08:32   #538
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
[/snip]Most of the houses around me are second or third generation residents and will work together like their parents did.
They survived *grid down* ?

Old April 26, 2017, 10:51   #539
C2A1
Registered

One of the issues now, is can the US afford to allow any missile launch in North Korea. I can pass along things are a little more uptight at the moment.
Just FYI:
http://politichicks.com/2017/04/nort...ding-anywhere/
Old April 26, 2017, 11:45   #540
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
One of the issues now, is can the US afford to allow any missile launch in North Korea. I can pass along things are a little more uptight at the moment.
Just FYI:
http://politichicks.com/2017/04/nort...ding-anywhere/
Seems all the pieces are falling into place for North Korea to go down and what they do as they go down is anyone's guess.
Food, water, ammo, friends and a place to ride out the storm.
Not much more than that any of us normal people can do.
As in, its out of our hands.
Old April 26, 2017, 12:32   #541
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Seems all the pieces are falling into place for North Korea to go down and what they do as they go down is anyone's guess.
Food, water, ammo, friends and a place to ride out the storm.
Not much more than that any of us normal people can do.
As in, its out of our hands.
I wish you were wroong on this, but your observation is spot on.

Old April 26, 2017, 15:51   #542
JM
Registered

FALaholic #: 46494
I don't expect a worst case event with NK here in the USA. Could get real ugly over there tho. I have a windmill and well that supplies water for the cows. I'll be drinking their water if things go bad here. If things get real bad the cows will be next on the menu.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017, 16:33   #543
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
I don't expect a worst case event with NK here in the USA. Could get real ugly over there tho. I have a windmill and well that supplies water for the cows. I'll be drinking their water if things go bad here. If things get real bad the cows will be next on the menu.
Living in the desert, have three generators, two brand new, new ones sealed in metal boxes, on rubber castors, a spare well pump and control box, both sealed in metal boxes.
Two large water tanks, full, and if I could place a wind mill here, I'd do that too.
At 280 feet, they don;t work well here at all.
Got enough fuel stored, best guess, to draw water for three years or more.

On the metal boxes for the equipment, took a drawing of what I wanted to a local heating and cooling company here and they made them for me, pretty cheap too.
Rolled rims and extremely tight fitting opening.
Should work as a Faraday cage.
I hope!
Old April 26, 2017, 17:03   #544
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Nice, you and Huey are about the best prepped files guys.

Hope ya survive Forever.

I have got to the point of "don't give Fook"..

Quote:
Living in the desert, have three generators, two brand new, new ones sealed in metal boxes, on rubber castors, a spare well pump and control box, both sealed in metal boxes.
Two large water tanks, full, and if I could place a wind mill here, I'd do that too.
At 280 feet, they don;t work well here at all.
Got enough fuel stored, best guess, to draw water for three years or more.

On the metal boxes for the equipment, took a drawing of what I wanted to a local heating and cooling company here and they made them for me, pretty cheap too.
Rolled rims and extremely tight fitting opening.
Should work as a Faraday cage.
I hope!
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017, 18:35   #545
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
Hope ya survive Forever.

I have got to the point of "don't give Fook"..
Naw, living forever never works out well for vampires or you end up shitting and pissing ya pants at a certain point, neither good options.

But I sure as hell don;t want to die of thirst, ugh, that would be the shits.

Now in the saddle with a long legged blond,,,,,,,,,,
Old April 26, 2017, 22:52   #546
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Guess what, the USDA seed bank never kept any base seed ( no budget for this since Clinton cut it.)
USDA is another socialist big government agency oppressing free enterprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Yes, the Russians and Chinese will poster, pontificate and it will be sketchy for a bit but they don't want our nuclear arsenal unleashed and will see the light.
Good thing the Russians have a history of being effeminate surrender monkeys who would curl into a ball if faced with a papercut. And do not have the gear to return the favour because they are a nation of illiterates.
Old April 27, 2017, 14:21   #547
C2A1
Registered

They have been testy about the UK comments about keeping Russia in check.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/26/britai...warns-6597648/
Old April 27, 2017, 19:20   #548
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post

Good thing the Russians have a history of being effeminate surrender monkeys who would curl into a ball if faced with a papercut. And do not have the gear to return the favour because they are a nation of illiterates.

You funny.

Don't forget their belief they can be victorious against a first strike nuke attack.

We've been so busy smart bombing goat fucgking, 3rd world Mohammedans we forget what a real enemy is like.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 10:50   #549
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Still have so much work having to hit locations on Mothers Day then go to shop and prep for tomorrow. Friend who's mother has passed is driving so I can navigate and rest between locations plus have a place to stop and let him run an AR with binary trigger and compare to his Slidefire AR. Was pilfering through console and not one but two compasses popped out as laying stuff on dash looking to see how many 5.56 magazines were under the 6.8 redundant spares. Couldn't understand why needed a compass with two GPS's on dash along with tablet and smartphone with Google Earth.

Said not only do I have a prismatic and orienteering compass in console there is a nice compass in bug out pack along with a zipper pull compass. Every zipper on little daypack has some zipper pull device like small watch battery powered LED lights, a U.V. LED and a small Swiss Army Knife. Explained if an EMP killed all electronics on board beyond all the spare fuses, relays, fuseable links, coil, rotator button, distributor cap even spare computer brain and spark plugs in Faraday box can't revive the ol thing. Try to keep most plausible truck killer parts not easily scavenged in toolbox but if can't bring it up to roll start capabilities will have to walk and odds are high may be over two to three hours drive away thus day or two walk from house based on how discrete need to be. Why have the pack, spare overt vest can load with most equipment need close to hands and minimum of one rifle.

In briefcase is a map book with all of North Georgia, South Carolina and Western NC. Any farther from house will be in big truck with a paper atlas with all of North America. Cooler has two days of Gatorade and small water filter in pack. With snacks can scrounge from truck, PowerBars in pack and once re-sort gear to what actually need and what to abandon at least two compasses will go with me. Even if not an EMP and roads closed due to martial law will shut down devices soon as get message to wife so towers are not tracking them and me heading for home. With most under 35 unable to function without Google Earth, Google Taskbar and smartphone imagine most walkers will be lost and starve getting home. How big of a deal is it to have two compasses ready in pack if have to un@$$ truck fast to bolt ASAP and two in truck if somehow forgot pack or left at home due to passenger and heavy rain and didn't want to risk rain getting through pack cover and killing laptop. Netbook is in briefcase and always have it along with an empty daypack in toolbox can pack from truck inventory if required, especially for second person like today. We would both have armor, rifles and a pack. Remember to keep a compass in all vehicles, some form of map or sense of direction and know how to use them.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:56   #550
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
You funny.

Don't forget their belief they can be victorious against a first strike nuke attack.

We've been so busy smart bombing goat fucgking, 3rd world Mohammedans we forget what a real enemy is like.
Bingo !