The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 57 37.50%
I ordered, and received product timely 42 27.63%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 8 5.26%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 33 21.71%
I just like stirring shit 9 5.92%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.97%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 08, 2017, 22:09   #201
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
This shit is probably too deep in here to dip the toes into... Glad the obit wasn't yours Moses.
Old March 09, 2017, 22:35   #202
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Its gonna suck,Johnny,but you gotta face this and deal with it. The only path to limited salvation. Ignore it and will dog your ass like dragging a big assed anchor. I still wouldn't mind getting some of his mags,but I would rather get them thru a third party distributor.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2017, 23:12   #203
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Glad to hear you are still vertical Johnny!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2017, 06:44   #204
graymatter
Registered

FALaholic #: 79248
I recently joined this forum and right before doing so had ordered a Moses mag not knowing that he was having issues. The website accepted my order and took my money but now I fear I won't see the product. From reading thru this thread it's apparent he has some major problems, phone calls and e-mails to him to cancel my order and refund my money have gone unanswered. Sounds like medical problems with him and his parents are a big factor and I fear he may be trying to rob Peter to pay Paul, maybe to cover medical expenses but that's speculation on my part. I'm always willing to help someone out that's in need, if he needs helps I'd be willing to just let him keep the money that I paid for the mag and not worry about filling my order. He has to come forward and be honest about what's going on. It's apparent from the posts that some of you know him personally and if you are able to correspond with, let him know that if he needs help to ask for it. There's no shame in asking for help, we all need it in difficult times. Hope and pray he does the right thing and clears up all the confusion.
graymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 17:26   #205
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

So, uh, anybody get a box yet?
Old March 17, 2017, 18:34   #206
chino*74
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 75409
It's gonna be close, either Jesus is coming back first or I will get my 4 mags. I will report when one or the other happens.
Old March 17, 2017, 19:27   #207
Psc199333
Registered

FALaholic #: 79319
I talked to him last week. He told me my mags would be shipped out by this week and I would receive an email telling me they shipped. He lied....again.... so on Monday I'm going to call the credit card company and hopefully get my money back from this thief.
Psc199333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 22:34   #208
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndRecon View Post
Well, made the offer to help via text message and got a reply back that he welcomed the help and he would let me know when he was ready for me to come over as he was doing the secondary mag operations now.

This was Wednesday.

Curious if you ever heard back , on the help you offered , and he said he would be grateful for....My husband offered the same as we.re close.....

Last edited by PenderMedic; March 18, 2017 at 00:14.
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2017, 00:15   #209
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

Damn. I guess the 20 I have will be a lifetime supply. I was really hoping to be able to replace all my steel and aluminum mags with these too...
Old March 18, 2017, 13:11   #210
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Yet Moses is still a member here...lol
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2017, 16:20   #211
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
Understand your feelings....But would prefer that he remained a member untill people's issues are resolved in one way or another....If he starts reposting stuff for sale (which his last post seemed dangerously close to that) Then it becomes a different issue in my opinion (only my opinion, which is worthless, ha)
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2017, 16:28   #212
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderMedic View Post
Understand your feelings....But would prefer that he remained a member untill people's issues are resolved in one way or another....If he starts reposting stuff for sale (which his last post seemed dangerously close to that) Then it becomes a different issue in my opinion (only my opinion, which is worthless, ha)
He's definitely avoiding this.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2017, 18:01   #213
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

It's unlikely Moses gets the boot. He does need to man up and deal with this instead of pushing SCAR mags. Life happens. Let us know what is up so those affected can move on and make other arrangements if necessary.
Old March 19, 2017, 07:07   #214
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
In his one and only post ,he sure was pushing his Scar magazines,so if that is not outright fraud I don't know what is.Also a few members here on this site bought their magazines from him on the Fal Files,so that makes it a Fal File problem.The whole thing smells like a Ponzi scam,where he only ships too those that threaten too take action against him.
Old March 19, 2017, 23:07   #215
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
1. This is a FAL Files "problem" never.

2. This is a FAL Files 'actionable item' if someone who actually bought Moses Mags in the Marketplace can let Gary or a Mod (who is going to do nothing but contact Gary...) know that they got screwed in the MP.

3. The FAL Files isn't going to do any research or whatever - it is up to the members who want to bring it to the board.

4. The FAL Files does a pretty good job of banning thieves. Since Moses has, in fact, delivered thousands of mags, he's got a good track record. Is he screwing that up? Yes. Does the history still exist? Yes it does. This means that the FAL Files is going to have to hear from him and figure out if he's "punting" (not going to make it right), or if he's "recovering".

5. None of this is going to happen overnight. This has been going on for a long time? Yep. And none of it is the FAL Files business until a member (or ten) make the claim about their purchases in the MP. So when that happens, that looks a lot like "Day 1" from the FAL Files perspective.

I hate to see Johnny put so much work into this, and then crap the bed. Meanwhile, he's updating his FB page and posting on social media, so I don't know why he's not keeping up with his business. But that is none of my business?

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 03:31   #216
Cozmacozmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 9260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psc199333 View Post
I talked to him last week. He told me my mags would be shipped out by this week and I would receive an email telling me they shipped. He lied....again.... so on Monday I'm going to call the credit card company and hopefully get my money back from this thief.
Sorry Skippy... I have a hard time believing you. You come here with your very first post. Just like on the other post where a new member first time post was trashing Moses... I don't buy it!
Old March 20, 2017, 07:50   #217
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmacozmy View Post
Sorry Skippy... I have a hard time believing you. You come here with your very first post. Just like on the other post where a new member first time post was trashing Moses... I don't buy it!
One question that should pop your conspiracy balloon...

Where's Moses then? If these guys are anti-gunner trolls where is Moses to tell us his rep is under fire. Love my Moses Mags and I want more but 6 months and the only post is buy some SCAR mags seems a bit, well, suspect.

The benefit of the doubt was given to him until then. No response to guys and gals in this thread about sums it up. I still think everyone will get there stuff but pushing new mags before this is resolved was bad form.
Old March 20, 2017, 09:11   #218
Psc199333
Registered

Quote:
Talked to him on march 10th, at exactly 330pm on the phone about my order for two mags that he promised me would ship by last Friday. Of course they didn't ship. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but at this point I think you'd have better luck believing what I say over Moses.

Last edited by Psc199333; March 20, 2017 at 09:26. Reason: Accidentally wrote march 30th
Old March 20, 2017, 11:17   #219
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Maybe if I invoke the Almighty Gunplunger to come and shame Moses into
action we can get this resolved. Anyone else here would have been subjected to a tongue lashing like you've never seen before.

Old March 20, 2017, 11:25   #220
Straight Shooter
American X Factor
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74860
While I salute loyalty, I disdain blind loyalty. I have been guilty in the past of blind loyalty. That person was a custom gun builder of some renown, with years of good reputation. Then, something happened, he stopped meeting deadlines, yet continue to take deposits for new projects. I was an ardent supporter for him. I ended up with egg on my face. It was a lesson hard learned.

Moses cites personal health problems, while hawking new product. Better he focus on what he has already been paid for, lest he loses what he has already earned.

Just my two pence.

Straight Shooter
Straight Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 11:26   #221
Cozmacozmy
Registered

I find it amazing that gun owners are so quick to turn on each other... We are our own worse enemy.
Old March 20, 2017, 11:57   #222
Straight Shooter
American X Factor
Contributor

Quote:
I find it amazing that gun owners are so quick to turn on each other... We are our own worse enemy.
And we are judged by the company we keep.

From what I see, this issue was brought to a boil by months of waiting, good intentions and failure to disclose issues. Business is Business.

Believe me, I am well experienced with personal health issues, as well. I am, literally, a dead man walking. Supposedly have 3 years left to live. But, I'm not taking it laying down. Just got out of hospital due to a serious drug reaction. Its not fear of death that is keeping me walking. Its my love for my woman and children.

Straight Shooter
Old March 20, 2017, 12:10   #223
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Actually, most here have gone out of their way to avoid saying bad things about Johnny.

Due to his action/inaction, it's past that point now...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 12:51   #224
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Actually, most here have gone out of their way to avoid saying bad things about Johnny.

Due to his action/inaction, it's past that point now...

Forrest
About sums it up...
Old March 20, 2017, 12:54   #225
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
We had best be able to police ourselves and expose thieves when they appear. This problem has been ongoing for months, and the subject has made no attempt at explanation or defense of his curious behavior. How difficult is it to log on here and type up a quick synopsis of his absence? That no effort has been made to do so while he is pushing a new product is telling.

WTB: 2x South African Pattern 70 canteen pouches
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 17:01   #226
82ndRecon
Registered

FALaholic #: 6589
Quote:
Curious if you ever heard back , on the help you offered , and he said he would be grateful for....My husband offered the same as we.re close.....
Still waiting to hear back. I don't get it. I'm not going to hound someone to help them.

My offers still good if I get the call.
"American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere..."

(An entry in a German officer's diary found after the battle on Anzio beachhead)
82ndRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 17:09   #227
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
Maybe if I invoke the Almighty Gunplunger to come and shame Moses into
action we can get this resolved. Anyone else here would have been subjected to a tongue lashing like you've never seen before.
GP only has the 'power' you give him......but he is fun to watch.

Old March 20, 2017, 22:03   #228
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
We had best be able to police ourselves and expose thieves when they appear. This problem has been ongoing for months, and the subject has made no attempt at explanation or defense of his curious behavior. How difficult is it to log on here and type up a quick synopsis of his absence? That no effort has been made to do so while he is pushing a new product is telling.
The only thing Moses is pushing is his luck that he can fool some more guys on this site into sending him some more money for product that he doesn't even have (complete fraud),especially now that he knows he can get away with it here on the Files.
Selling items you don't have is theft,mail fraud and against the law.
All he has too do is take 5 seconds too explain his problem in a post,and then send out the tons of orders that he was paid for,but he was going too do that he would of done so already.
Old March 20, 2017, 22:22   #229
isssah
Registered

FALaholic #: 70885
Last message from him, dated October 23, 2016 Never heard from him again...

..., yours should be going out in the next few days, just doing the finishing touches on making them permanent 10 rounders.

thanks johnny

--
Moses Machine Works LLC
www.mosesmag.com
isssah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2017, 00:07   #230
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
The only thing Moses is pushing is his luck that he can fool some more guys on this site into sending him some more money for product that he doesn't even have (complete fraud),especially now that he knows he can get away with it here on the Files.
Selling items you don't have is theft,mail fraud and against the law.
All he has too do is take 5 seconds too explain his problem in a post,and then send out the tons of orders that he was paid for,but he was going too do that he would of done so already.
He's always delivered to me...
Old March 21, 2017, 07:51   #231
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Why don't you prove your love and order a few hundred dollars worth of
Moses Mags and let us know how it works out for you. I too have done deals with
Him. His communication skills have always been poor and always had his inbox full here. So again everything is ok dude go ahead and place the order.

Old March 21, 2017, 08:03   #232
EPC WN
Ka-BOOM!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Yup. Me too. Something is up now, though. Have you placed an order since October and received it?
Old March 21, 2017, 09:57   #233
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
Him. His communication skills have always been poor and always had his inbox full here. So again everything is ok dude go ahead and place the order.
"Prove my love"? WOW!
Old March 21, 2017, 10:39   #234
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
"Prove my love"? WOW!
I'm going to suppose that you believe all the people in this 5 page thread are
liars and just WANT to bash Moses? Really are you that dense? Wakethefuckup
dude. Do you know something that all these folks don't, if so come forward with your knowledge because they want to know. Do you normally send funds
off to someone and just go, oh well maybe I'll get my stuff next year....really.
That's what you are implying with this stupidity you are spewing.

Old March 21, 2017, 11:00   #235
Straight Shooter
American X Factor
Contributor

Quote:
"Prove my love"? WOW!
That's called, "Putting YOUR MONEY where your mouth is."

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker. Wenn das wahr ist, warum bin ich Superman nicht?

Straight Shooter
Old March 21, 2017, 11:54   #236
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
I'm going to suppose that you believe all the people in this 5 page thread are
liars and just WANT to bash Moses? Really are you that dense? Wakethefuckup
dude. Do you know something that all these folks don't, if so come forward with your knowledge because they want to know. Do you normally send funds
off to someone and just go, oh well maybe I'll get my stuff next year....really.
That's what you are implying with this stupidity you are spewing.
I think you need to chill the **** out skippy...
Old March 21, 2017, 12:16   #237
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
You'll be last last person to tell me to shutthefuckup.
It's interesting that you can't seem to wrap your head
around the idea that there is something going on here.
He actually deliberately avoided this thread knowing
that there are people here and ones that bought his mags
on his website that are pissed about the situation they've
been put in.

Old March 21, 2017, 12:18   #238
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
You've been here a year longer than me and you can't
be bothered to become a paying member?

Old March 21, 2017, 13:48   #239
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Old March 21, 2017, 14:23   #240
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Exactly what Johnny is hoping for,some more orders and free money in the bank.
No wonder scam artists do so well in the world.
Old March 21, 2017, 15:04   #241
chino*74
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 75409
I will break it down for U all, if he had reasons to feel maligned, disrespected or otherwise misrepresented within this thread one would assume a reasonable person would address such issues. He has not.

If he was going to man up & deal w the apparent reality that these claims regarding non-delivery, failure to hold up his end, taking peoples hard earned money & giving them nothing in return are true he could as well come here & post a reply & make it right.

Since he is not responding the only conclusion a reasonable person can make is he doesn't fukkin care & will probably continue on in the same vein. I am not sure what other conclusion is even available to anyone w 2 neurons to rub together.
Old March 21, 2017, 20:04   #242
fireplug
Registered

Personally I think he is in the process of selling Moses Magazines too DSA,and when that happens he will wash his hands of all the guys he owes on this site.

Last edited by fireplug; March 21, 2017 at 20:24.
Old March 21, 2017, 21:24   #243
AZ Dave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7882
Very sad to see this happen! Johnny has always delivered a quality product but always had issues in regard to shipping on time as promised. I've had him do lots of work for me because his price was great as was the work he did but shipping times were always later than promised. The worst part is that he is totally silent here.
Old March 21, 2017, 23:27   #244
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
You'll be last last person to tell me to shutthefuckup.
It's interesting that you can't seem to wrap your head
around the idea that there is something going on here.
He actually deliberately avoided this thread knowing
that there are people here and ones that bought his mags
on his website that are pissed about the situation they've
been put in.
1st of all I didn't say shut the f uck up. I said Chill the f uck out.

2nd from the looks of my avatar I had a payed account at one time... Since my over $45K in medical costs that I've had to pay in the last few years I've not been able to send in to re up it...

3rd... My original statement stands!

Anything else you want clarified?
Old March 22, 2017, 07:18   #245
Psc199333
Registered

Quote:

2nd from the looks of my avatar I had a payed account at one time... Since my over $45K in medical costs that I've had to pay in the last few years I've not been able to send in to re up it...

Sure, "skippy," since your are defending Moses, when even Moses isn't defending Moses, can you clarify where our mags and/or money are?
Old March 22, 2017, 07:19   #246
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
Sure, "skippy," since your are defending Moses, when even Moses isn't defending Moses, can you clarify where our mags and/or money are?
*you're
Old March 22, 2017, 07:34   #247
Psc199333
Registered

Your lack of an answer is telling. You also know everyone here was scammed.
Old March 22, 2017, 07:43   #248
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

No you have made it abundantly clear that you have another medical issue but
it appears that it's mental. You can't separate fact from fantasy. No one here is going to chill out 'skippy'. If you think coming on here to defend the indefensible
is going to get us to drop this you are sadly mistaken and need to have a talk with Gunplunger about taking customers money and not shipping merchandise.

By the way skippy I'm at least 10 years older than you and I'm damn sure not
your boy.

Old March 22, 2017, 08:18   #249
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
Your lack of an answer is telling. You also know everyone here was scammed.
I don't deal with trolls...
Old March 22, 2017, 08:19   #250
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Quote:
No you have made it abundantly clear that you have another medical issue but
it appears that it's mental. You can't separate fact from fantasy. No one here is going to chill out 'skippy'. If you think coming on here to defend the indefensible
is going to get us to drop this you are sadly mistaken and need to have a talk with Gunplunger about taking customers money and not shipping merchandise.

By the way skippy I'm at least 10 years older than you and I'm damn sure not
your boy.
You got problems.