The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 05, 2019, 20:23   #1
Retired Bum
FALaholic #: 21904
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,987
Tax time today

Yesterday I finally got my 1099R for my federal civil service annuity. So with all of the necessary paperwork I went to the CPA who does my taxes for me.

I am going to get a combined refund from my federal and state taxes of $2605. It goes direct deposit to my checking account and should be there by the end of the month. So what to do with this money. I am not buying any guns like I used to. No bills that need to be paid with it. But there is something that I am thinking about acquiring. A nice U.S. double eagle $20 gold piece. Not a collector's coin. Just a nice condition piece will do me just fine.

So what would a coin like that be worth at the coin shops these days?

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 20:32   #2
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 14,795
You paid too much in. Hookers and blow is an option. I'd say if you want a coin do it. Just don't pay too much. 10% of gold price is standard
Giving people the benefit of the means itís ok to screw you over.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files