The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old February 03, 2019, 01:36   #1
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
Florida Alert! Universal Background Checks, a Path to Gun Confiscation

Beware Florida, the scumbag democrats are up to their old tricks again!

HB-135 Universal Background Checks by Rep. Margaret Good (D)

HB 135 - Transfers of Firearms by Rep. Margaret Good (D) prohibits the TRANSFER of a firearm from one law-abiding citizen to another without first having a background check performed by a licensed firearms dealer.

Transfer means sale, giving, lending, renting, or simply handing a firearm to another person or any action that causes a firearm to be transferred from one law-abiding person to another law-abiding person.

In other words, you must go to a licensed firearms dealer to have a background check done on your best friend just to lend him a hunting rifle to go on a hunting trip. You must also pay the dealer an administrative fee PLUS the background check fee charged by FDLE.

Then, before your best friend can return the firearm to you, you must go back to the dealer and the dealer must do a background check on YOU to simply give you back your own gun -- AND pay another set of fees.

The bill also contains a “head-fake.” Right up front, is a definition: “Adult family member means an individual’s spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew, first cousin, aunt, or uncle who is over 21 years of age.”

As must have been anticipated, many folks wrongfully think there is an exemption that allows you to lend or otherwise transfer a firearm to “an adult family member.” A careful reading of the bill shows that the exemption ONLY applies if that person LIVES WITH YOU and the transfer is for NO MORE THAN 14 DAYS.

Even though HB-135 requires the person transferring the firearm to pay a licensed firearms dealer any amount of fees demanded by the dealer, nothing in the bill requires any dealer, anywhere to do background checks on private transfers, period!

The bill sponsor must assume that dealers will be eager to accommodate this gun control measure because they have an opportunity to make as much money as they choose while implementing the liberal left's gun control schemes. Then there’s this:

Confiscation of Firearms under HB-135

Pretend your name is John Smith and you want to give a family shotgun to your son, John Smith, Jr. (It doesn't matter what your name is, this could happen to you and FDLE's or NCIC's mistake could result in your gun being confiscated).

STEP 1. You go to your local licensed gun dealer for a background check on your son, as required by this bill.

STEP 2. You must then sign over ownership of your shotgun to the dealer before he can legally run a background check.

STEP 3. The dealer charges you $50 (or more – as much as he chooses) to do the background check on your son.

STEP 4. FDLE’s background check on your son confuses him for a John Smith with a criminal record: FDLE denies a transfer.

STEP 5. Before the shotgun can be returned to you, the dealer must first do a background check on you.

STEP 6. The dealer charges you $50 (or more – as much as he chooses) to do a background check on you.

STEP 7. FDLE confuses you with the same John Smith as your son, so FDLE denies the transfer of your gun back to you.

STEP 8. Your shotgun must then be CONFISCATED by the dealer.

STEP 9. Within 24 Hours, the dealer must deliver your shotgun to the Sheriff. (After doing a background check on the Sheriff)

STEP 10. FDLE does nothing to correct the mistake.

STEP 11. Unless YOU can PROVE that FDLE made a mistake, in 6 months your shotgun is forever forfeited to “the state” with no compensation whatever. There is no mandate that your shotgun be properly maintained while in “custody.”

BOTTOM LINE: You have paid a dealer $100; you and your son have been labeled criminals by FDLE; your shotgun has been confiscated. That’s only some of what Rep. Good’s bill would do if it passes.

READ THE BILL HERE:

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...5&Session=2019
Old February 03, 2019, 08:39   #2
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I suppose it depends on whether the Gov signs it or not.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 09:27   #3
nwobhm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FALaholic #: 9580
How will Florida know the Smith family owned the gun in the first place?

Unless the Smith family tells the state of Fl they want to transfer, Fl never knows.
nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 09:31   #4
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
prohibits the TRANSFER of a firearm from one law-abiding citizen to another .....
First line tells the story. If transferee is law abiding then why is there a need for a background check.
This law is BS, Florida. Get after your reps.
Old February 03, 2019, 10:34   #5
cavegeo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 11441
Our new Governor will not sign this into law.

He has already gone after that piece of shit Sheriff in Broward County and suspended him.

He even repealed Common Core Education. He is so much better than our last Governor.
The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.
cavegeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 11:32   #6
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavegeo View Post
if you don't like Florida then don't come down.
Then ask your people to quit inviting out of State people to your gun control protest Rallies.

Which, BTW, are the dumbest Gun rallies you can have if you can't do them Open carrying your guns.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 03, 2019 at 11:50.
MOS11C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 13:02   #7
cavegeo
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS11C View Post
Open carrying your guns.
Actually we do have a form of Open Carry just not everywhere but we can Open Carry for Hunting and other Firearm related sporting events.

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
(2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:

790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

(j) A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;
The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.

Last edited by cavegeo; February 03, 2019 at 13:18.
Old February 03, 2019, 13:18   #8
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Actually we do have a form of Open Carry just not everywhere but we can Open Carry for Hunting and other Firearm related sporting events.
That's a joke. I've been combing thru your State statutes many years now. If anything that open carry section of 790 is all as interpreted from the anti-gun who believe that the RKBA and the 2nd is all about sporting and hunting.

It's a bullshit exception....and the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA has NOTHING to do with Hunting and shit. You can NOT Open Carry where it matters the most and where it's really needed. A fish ain't gonna assault you or kill you......LOL

The cops don't even honor the exception. They screw with you guys all the time when you open carry and travel to fishing and hunting events. People report your asses and cops disarm you, ask for id, detain and in cases have arrest you.

So in practicality you can't open carry anywhere, not even on these silly exceptions of the Statutes.

-
-
--

Last edited by MOS11C; February 03, 2019 at 14:05.
Old February 03, 2019, 13:20   #9
wilson180
Registered

FALaholic #: 80897
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwobhm View Post

Unless the Smith family tells the state of Fl they want to transfer, Fl never knows.
Exactly right. The state doesn't know who owns what and would not know if a gun was given to someone else. How can they enforce the law requiring a BG check for a transfer without already knowing what someone owned.
wilson180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 13:26   #10
cavegeo
Contributor

Quote:
That's a joke.
It's a bullshit exception....and the 2nd Amendment have NOTHING to do with Hunting and shit.
I shoot matches usually once a month and have not been arrested for open carry yet and there are normally several police officers in attendance. The law applies for shooting events not just hunting.

Yes, there have been some not so educated police arrest several fishermen last year but the police were quickly educated on the law. No every cop knows all the laws and not just in Florida.
Old February 03, 2019, 13:38   #11
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Our new Governor will not sign this into law.
Same thing they said about Scott.

He use to sign every NRA gun bill that got to his desk...but after the school shooting and with no opposition from the NRA, the gun industry nor the gun owners....well you know the rest.

-
-
-
-
Old February 03, 2019, 13:44   #12
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
I shoot matches usually once a month and have not been arrested for open carry yet and there are normally several police officers in attendance.
I'm sure you won't get arrested if you Open Carry inside your home either.

These sporting events and hunting BS is exactly what the liberals and Fudds believe the RKBA is for.

Conceal Carry Licensing and Permits are what the liberals call COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 04, 2019 at 02:15.
Old February 03, 2019, 17:06   #13
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
In Fla you can open carry going to and from fishing and hunting trips. So keep a fishing pole in your truck. I'm not sure what the laws on open carry are here in Missouri. But I don't see a reason to do it. CCW is good enough for me.
Old February 03, 2019, 19:27   #14
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV View Post
I'm not sure what the laws ...here in Missouri.

Shouldn't you know the gun laws in your State? Rhetorical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACV View Post
CCW is good enough for me.
No one really cares how you or anyone else carry.

Except for the liberals. And if there are those who are already doing it the way the libturds like it then everybody is peachy and happy.....lol

Not me, I Open Carry everyday everywhere....the libs hate my guts...and I'm happy to shove
my rights down their throats......BUAJAJJJAJAJAAJA

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 03, 2019 at 19:59.
Old February 03, 2019, 19:59   #15
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Quote:
Shouldn't you know the gun laws in your State? Rhetorical

No one cares how you carry.

Except for the liberals. And you are already doing it the way they like it.
So everybody is peachy and happy.

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
Well thank you very much for allowing me to carry as I see fit.
Old February 03, 2019, 20:33   #16
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwobhm View Post

Because this is the First step of their Trifecta.

They already know that for this to be enforced they need "Registration", which is the Second step.

They know that the FL statutes has prohibition of registration of firearms but they will use this law to force and remove the registration protection via the next exception clause.
Can they remove it or create an exception? Of course.

For example the CCW list of gun owners that would violate the registration prohibition is an exception.

Check this out, from the FL Statutes:
Quote:
A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.

Yet there are 17 exceptions to this where they violate the Registration prohibition right.
The CCW list is number 15.
So they can add another exception to sustain this new UBC law.

The entire 335 of the 790 Chapter is a friggin joke.

-
-
-
Old February 03, 2019, 20:38   #17
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
Quote:
Then ask your people to quit inviting out of State people to your gun control protest Rallies.

Which, BTW, are the dumbest Gun rallies you can have if you can't do them Open carrying your guns.

-
-
-
-
How many fucgking threads are you planning on harping about open carry in?
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 20:41   #18
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
How many fucgking threads are you planning on harping about open carry in?
As many fucgking ones that I want. Could be 20 more threads.
Have not made up my mind yet. It's pretty early for me.

-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 03, 2019 at 21:04.
Old February 03, 2019, 21:02   #19
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
LOL. you quoted from the other Florida thread in this thread.

I hear ya about a little early. I was using this football game as an excuse to eat some food that I quit eating,but holy shit. It's a boring game. Then I got my wife pissed at me because she kept turning the volume up for the stupid commercials, and then talking to me, so I yelled at her to turn it down. Now she's off slamming things around.

Last edited by jeffrey; February 03, 2019 at 21:11.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 22:43   #20
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
As many fucgking ones that I want. Could be 20 more threads.
Have not made up my mind yet. It's pretty early for me.

-
-
-
I heard all the bluster here in Texas about how crazy it would be after the passed
Open Carry.....I have yet to see anyone open carry in person.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 11:26   #21
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
I recently bought a gun from my dead buddies estate. I made sure that the bolt gun went thru my local FFL. Cost me $35 cash to do the transfer.

HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS THE FIRST ONE HE HAD DONE IN YEARS.

The law has been on the books since 2013.

GB sales, and his own inventory are the bulk of his work.
He will do 200-400 transfers from GB, a month.

Almost no one pays any attention to, or even knows about, the private transfer law, and probably will not in Fla either.

The more the Dems attempt this shit, the more the 2nd Amendment stands.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 15:29   #22
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
I heard all the bluster here in Texas about how crazy it would be after the passed
Open Carry.....I have yet to see anyone open carry in person.
They did it VA a couple years ago. I have yet to see anyone open carry. I've always wanted to go to Whole Foods with 44 magnum with 8" barrel hanging on my belt. Concealed carry is so easy to get here that you might as well just do that if you want to carry a gun.

Funny story -- on the first day it was allowed, two guys celebrate by walking down a street with pistols strapped in their belts for all to see. Police car pulls over , confiscates their guns and arrests them. The cops later have to give their guns back and apologize for not being aware of the change in the law.
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 19:02   #23
MOS11C
Registered

Universal background checks is NOTHING.

Banning semi-auto firearms may be on the 2020 ballot .

Quote:
BAWN has partnered with prominent Republican donor Al Hoffman and his gun control advocacy organization, Americans for Gun Safety Now!, which is made up almost entirely of Republicans who support an assault weapons ban. They have now formed a coalition, Do Something Florida! Under their division of labor, BAWN will handle the gathering of petition signatures needed to get on the ballot, and Americans for Gun Safety Now! will direct an education and advocacy campaign arguing the need for an assault weapons ban.
Today, they just ceremoniously handed signed petitions to the Broward County Board of Elections and launched a press conference to push their efforts. David Hogg and March for our Lives was there too.

BAWN isn't alone in their quest. Moms Demand Action visited Tallahassee last week where close to five hundred of the red t-shirt wearing gun grabbers scoured the halls of the Capitol and peddled their anti-constitutional authoritarian views.

They sure are throwing their weight behind BAWN's goal too. And don't forget that BAWN has members in Florida's government too. Fred Guttenburg was hired by Agriculture & Consumer Services Commissioner, Nikkie Fried to be part of her transitional team as she takes over the agency that handles Florida's concealed weapons permits.

The Gun Grabbers have bipartisan support. Senate President Bill Galvano (R) wrote the gun control bill that was signed into law by Governor Rick Scott last year and he even took $200k from Bloomberg's Everytown Gun Control Group. As Senate President, he isn't clamping down on fellow Republicans that support gun control because he's a gun control supporter himself. The House isn't any better since House Speaker Jose Oliva gave Galvano's SB 7026 a standing ovation when it passed last year and he's doing much the same.

2020 is Trump's election and you can bet that the Democrats will put every effort to get their voters to the polls and the 2018 election had every ballot initiative pass the 60% threshold except for the one that would actually benefit home owners with an expansion in property tax breaks.

-
-
-
--
Old February 13, 2019, 02:35   #24
Insider
Registered

Quote:
Universal background checks is NOTHING.

Banning semi-auto firearms may be on the 2020 ballot .

-
-
-
--
The ballot means NOTHING! You cannot vote away a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!
Old February 13, 2019, 04:14   #25
CTW
Registered

FALaholic #: 41894
Quote:
The ballot means NOTHING! You cannot vote away a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!
I wish you were right, but I'm afraid we are on a path of no return here in Florida. I was born and raised here, but this just burn's my ass. Too many panty waist liberal northerner's have infiltrated. It even calls for registration of previously owned weapons before the ban. In Florida they pass law's all the time on Constitutional ballot's. If they get enough signature's they can put it up for a vote. We are in for the fight of our lives here in Florida.
Old February 13, 2019, 07:19   #26
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
My advice for Floridians:

Don't invite the man® into your life.
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2019, 11:06   #27
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTW View Post
I wish you were right, but I'm afraid we are on a path of no return here in Florida. I was born and raised here, but this just burn's my ass. Too many panty waist liberal northerner's have infiltrated. It even calls for registration of previously owned weapons before the ban. In Florida they pass law's all the time on Constitutional ballot's. If they get enough signature's they can put it up for a vote. We are in for the fight of our lives here in Florida.
Yeap. with Republican donor support and every other liberal organization and their mothers unifying to this common goal, and without a drop of opposition I really don't see why not get it in the ballot and vote for it.

These folks are passionate, eager and with time on their hands.
One more shooting and there is no way to even think about stopping it.

And most of all they want REVENGE:

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 13, 2019 at 11:11.
Old February 13, 2019, 11:26   #28
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
You cannot vote away a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!

-
-
-
-
Old February 13, 2019, 12:24   #29
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Too many panty waist liberal northerner's have infiltrated.
Quote:
New York Governor: Florida Is Stealing Our Population

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/02/...uUPc41Af5Jizqc

-
-
-
Old February 14, 2019, 02:22   #30
Insider
Registered

Quote:
Yeap. with Republican donor support and every other liberal organization and their mothers unifying to this common goal, and without a drop of opposition I really don't see why not get it in the ballot and vote for it.

These folks are passionate, eager and with time on their hands.
One more shooting and there is no way to even think about stopping it.

And most of all they want REVENGE:

-
-
-
-
Thanks for the list of our enemies, if I saw that bitch, I'd snatch those petitions right out of her grubby little hands!
Old February 14, 2019, 02:28   #31
Insider
Registered

Quote:

-
-
-
-
Sorry dude but Florida has this-
SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed!
Old February 14, 2019, 02:30   #32
Insider
Registered

Quote:
Florida Constitution-
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed.
Their ban don't mean shit, their amendment don't mean shit, it will either be tied up in court for years, or thrown out completely! YOU CANNOT VOTE AWAY A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!
Do you honestly think that people who been buying semi-auto sporting rifles all these years are just going to cheerfully turn them in? Those gun grabbers have no idea the Pandora's Box they are opening!
Old February 14, 2019, 11:28   #33
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Sorry dude but Florida has this-
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed!
Good try to cutoff the important part:

"except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law"
which BTW is the most important part of the Right to keep and BEAR arms.
And as opposed to the majority of States there is only one option in FL for you to exercise
your right to bear arms, and that is by kneeling to the gov and gun-owner registration via a license.

What they are saying with this is that you only have the right to Bear arms but with their regulations of "unconstitutional permits" and gun control.

Yes, the boiling frogs may view this as "woohoo, the gov is giving us rights!"...but in reality the Constitution is just spelling out the infringement of them.

Sorry dude but
the Statutes, that trump the Constitution with the definitions and exceptions, are fill with infringement to the Constitution left and right. They included 2 or 3 more last year alone.

-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; February 14, 2019 at 12:41.
Old February 14, 2019, 11:30   #34
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Florida Constitution-
Constitution?

Quote:
Do you honestly think that people who been buying semi-auto sporting rifles all these years are just going to cheerfully turn them in?
This will be another section in the Statutes, like the many there currently there.
They will surrender their weapons to the socialist collective.
They will be assimilated as others States have.

-
-
-
-
Old February 14, 2019, 13:44   #35
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Florida Constitution-
This Constitution section has really weak language.

And have you ever heard of "Amending the Constitution"?

It lacks the preamble of intent that would justify the prohibition of semi-auto weapons....by stating "in defense of themselves" it allows the State to define which weapons would be allowed for self-defense. Subjectively prohibiting other weapons (like semi-autos) and still stay within the confines of the FL Constitution.

Very different from the nations Constitution preamble intent that states "being necessary to the security of a free State"...here "State" refers to the nation and where would be difficult to contradict it if trying to ban any weapon that a soldier can carry or can be used for war.
With this language the gun grabbers would have a more difficult obstacle to climb in the high courts.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; Today at 01:30.
Old February 14, 2019, 14:45   #36
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
The guy behind the BC in oregon was Bloomberg, he paid a million to our governor to get it passed. Same as what's happening in NM now and Florida, you have to pay a dealer to sell your guns. Average cost will be $35 to the dealer and whatever the state charges for a BC. Now add that cost to selling that single shot 22 and the gun trade gets expensive.

Deal is to get guns registered, if you want something get it before the date of the new law goes into effect.
Old Yesterday, 21:41   #37
edporch
Registered

FALaholic #: 12834
Universal background check is an unenforceable law without first registering to a particular owner each gun in the united states so they can track every owner from the time the law goes into effect.

Without doing this first, there's no way to know that guns in the hands of private individuals weren't transferred privately before the law went into effect.

Universal background checks are only enforceable with newly purchased guns from an FFL after the law went into effect.
"Property Tax", my FAVORITE oxymoron
edporch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27   #38
MOS11C
Registered

Every which way you see this Florida is fcked:

Quote:
Commissioner Nicole "Nikki" Fried announced new leadership for the Division of Licensing. The Commissioner has tapped Stephen Hurm to serve as Director of the Division of Licensing and Jordan Anderson as Assistant Director.
Gwen Graham is the guy's wife.... Gwen Graham, the Gubernatorial Candidate that stated she'd suspend the gun rights of Floridians by emergency proclamation.

And this guy will be working with a gun grabber:

Quote:
Fred Guttenberg., A father of a Parkland victim and huge anti-gun zealot that is a member of Ban Assault Weapons NOW! and Americans for Gun Safety NOW!. Those happen to be the two groups pushing a 2020 Ballot Initiative to amend Florida's Constitution to outlaw semiautomatic long guns and magazines.
And as expected the NRA cat woman is all about supporting
an anti-gun managing the idiot-tax concealed licenses:

Quote:
NRA Marion Hammer backs this guy's selection. A husband to one of Florida's most anti-gun Democrats.

-
-
-
-
Old Today, 02:35   #39
CTW
Registered

FALaholic #: 41894
Florida's future for gun ownership certainly looks bleak. It saddens the hell out of me as I was born and raised here. I have 13 years I have to be here until I retire. After that someplace else certainly looks like a better option. That is if Guns are still legal to be owned then. I will certainly do all I can to fight against the Unconstitutional wave of BS heading our way. It doesn't look good. Most people I know think there isn't a problem with the laws passed in Florida by the (pro gun) republicans last year and signed into law by Rick Snott. Then we sent a great message to Snott by electing him to the Senate.

Quote:
Every which way you see this Florida is fcked:

And this guy will be working with a gun grabber:

And as expected the NRA cat woman is all about supporting
an anti-gun managing the idiot-tax concealed licenses:

-
-
-
-