Notices

Old February 07, 2019, 21:10   #1
longhair51
Constitutional curmudgeon
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5884
Need Ice?

I have extra.

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
longhair51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 00:48   #2
STG_58_guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 65886
Dude, I live in Minnesota. That's April. Seriously. This entire state is ice. I think it's 2 feet thick on every pond and lake right now.

I've drilled through 4 feet to ice fish here before.

The wind is blowing at 20 mph and it's 10 F right now. Got 8 inches of snow today.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 10:45   #3
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
No Thanks!

Saw hail yesterday early am when the cold front blew thru. That has been it so far this winter for frozen type stuff.

I been putting off mowing the grass in the back yard but may break down and get it done today. Tall grass makes it hard to find and remove the gifts my dogs leave for me there.
Old February 08, 2019, 15:28   #4
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
You guys can have that weather. The only ice I want comes out of the fridge or cooler. We get ice and everything shuts down for a week to 10 days, including the electricity. The pine trees shed their limbs like a long hair cat does with hair.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 15:37   #5
MUguy
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80415
The fun part was thunder and lightning with that ice storm. Confused my kids and my dogs a bit.

Came down at times in little pellets like in a snow cone.

Al Gore says it is due to global warming.
MUguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 19:50   #6
longhair51
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUguy View Post
The fun part was thunder and lightning with that ice storm. Confused my kids and my dogs a bit.

Came down at times in little pellets like in a snow cone.

Al Gore says it is due to global warming.
Yeah, the thundersnow/ice was pretty cool...from a weather perspective. It was a pain in the ass from any other perspective.

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
Old February 08, 2019, 20:12   #7
longhair51
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Dude, I live in Minnesota. That's April. Seriously. This entire state is ice. I think it's 2 feet thick on every pond and lake right now.

I've drilled through 4 feet to ice fish here before.

The wind is blowing at 20 mph and it's 10 F right now. Got 8 inches of snow today.
It's too cold for an old man(me). This morning at 7am it was 7F but it has warmed up to 12F now...no wind though.

Old February 08, 2019, 21:23   #8
Trypcil
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
If you can digest this - https://landscheidt.wordpress.com/20...omentum-graph/
- basically as the Planets align, the Sun is affected - Birkeland Currents connect every Planet in our Solar system - https://www.plasma-universe.com/Birkeland_current
Global warming is BS - and 'things' do travel fast than light! Stay warm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdYrgJrBFr0.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression... There is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we must be most aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- William O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice from 1939-1975

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Krishnamurti
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote