Notices

Old February 03, 2019, 15:32   #1
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
What technology is as good as a wall ?

Have Democrats made a revolutionary discovery,,, shouldn't we share the discovery with other nations that want to maintain their sovereignty?
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 16:09   #2
Cessnapilot89
Registered

FALaholic #: 67264
I'd be happy with a new canal, a mine field, 100 mile wide uninhabitable radioactive belt...
Cessnapilot89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 16:46   #3
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

To be effective it must be deadly or impenetrable,,, or both,,, if there is such a thing besides a 7X51MM full metal jacket,,, which means business.
Remember not to lead women and children so much,,, even if they do want everything you own.
The Kalahari Desert Bushmen is laughing because no one wants the Coke Bottle he found,,, he's set for life,

Last edited by martin35; February 03, 2019 at 16:59.
Old February 03, 2019, 17:03   #4
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Walls are so ancient Chinese and old school berlin. Now days they are just a symbol of security for the public to think "something has been done". Nuthing a tunnel or double paid guard can't help a fella and his product get through. Look at the tunnel, recently discovered, as an example.

Real "security improvements" to bolster chemical and weapons interdiction would involve highly paid technical staffing and check points where the humans get out of their vehicle and walk through, while 100% of vehicles are conveyered through scanners looking for contraband.

Human trafficing and illegal border crossers are the emotional problem. Again, walls are symbolic, as they dont stop boats or airplanes.
Old February 03, 2019, 17:26   #5
Jolly Rodgers
Registered

FALaholic #: 15882
As effective? A change in law that requires instant deportation of any and all illegal aliens without court proceedings or government services of any kind. Plus severe legal punishment for anyone harboring or assisting illegal aliens.
Jolly Rodgers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 17:43   #6
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
Make illegals pay the same taxes we do. Fed Inc tax, state tax, Soc Sec, county tax, property tax and my favorite Personal Property Tax. That's right, when you buy a new truck or car or boat or camper etc in Mo you pay sales tax. Then every year after you get taxed on that same truck car boat etc again as pers property.
You start taking lots of money away from illegals and they'll go home
Old February 03, 2019, 17:59   #7
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
Something that's deadly and if someone crosses into a specific area ( a zone between two walls ) those that trespass are ground to bits and remains are deposited on the Mexican side of the wall.

So better than a wall as it shows those that think of trespassing on us soil what will happen when they do.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 19:40   #8
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Technology will not stop them from crossing but only tells you they have. A wall prevents them from crossing or makes it so difficult it is not worth the effort.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 19:50   #9
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Well, if you want to talk about violent interdiction, hunt down and kill the smugglers. Then put word out the next wave of smugglers that are caught, their family will die as well. Go after the drug smugglers with no mercy. Don't arrest them and then let them go, when caught, bring them to the North side of the border, and impale them on 12 foot poles. Round up all known illegals and deport with no due process, since they're not Americans, they have no right to use our laws to stay here. If caught in America again, add them to the pole sitting crowd. Once word gets out that the Norte Americanos are now playing hard ball, no one will be sneaking across the boarder.
Sure, it sounds brutal and immoral, but you want to keep people from sneaking into this country? Make it too inhospitable to sneak into.
Or, we could just build a wall and install under ground sensors to detect tunneling activity. Once discovered, use surface charges to collapse the tunnels.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 20:24   #10
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
Walls definitely work. They hold my roof up, keep the thermatically controlled air inside, and most of the mice outside. But to keep ALL of the mice out, I needed to add a Pesticator 2000 (highly recommended,BTW). There's your proof that walls work, and that technology makes them work even better. One alone won't cut it.

But you really need the laws changed. Laws that allow for birthright citizenship and phony asylum claims, for starters.

And to carry out my coolstorybro analogy, I have instituted the death penalty for any mice that overstay their visa.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 08:58   #11
ramiller
Registered

FALaholic #: 3674
The reason a good wall is being refuted by the Democrats is that it cannot be talked into not working. It will work 24 7 365 without electric, weather, political interference. It is simple and easy to build and monitor. The open boarder crowd wants something can be controlled, turned off and excuses made why the their technology failed to stem the tide of caravans invading the country.
ramiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 11:02   #12
Cava3r4
Registered

FALaholic #: 6560
Armored Cavalry on the border.
with tanks, apc's etc.
when the invader comes across you cap them with Ma Deuce. After a few of them get hit, they will QUIT coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cava3r4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 11:09   #13
slavicshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Walls definitely work. They hold my roof up, keep the thermatically controlled air inside, and most of the mice outside. But to keep ALL of the mice out, I needed to add a Pesticator 2000 (highly recommended,BTW). There's your proof that walls work, and that technology makes them work even better. One alone won't cut it.

But you really need the laws changed. Laws that allow for birthright citizenship and phony asylum claims, for starters.

And to carry out my coolstorybro analogy, I have instituted the death penalty for any mice that overstay their visa.
~ss
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch

" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew

юродивый
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 11:33   #14
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 17:57   #15
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
sharks with laser beams on their foreheads?

no, seriously, laser guided jdam.

this is going to get expensive.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 18:33   #16
Wildcat
Registered

FALaholic #: 6517
Usually a wall with a ditch along the outside is more effective than a wall alone:

Old February 04, 2019, 18:49   #17
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
GE Minigun.......
gentlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 21:48   #18
John Crusher
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 18663
Claymores and motion detector GE miniguns.

Oh, and overlaying fields of antipers.
Old February 05, 2019, 12:17   #19
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
When I'm king for a day my new law says that if you get caught entering illegally, we deport you to another continent, some place where the deported suck less than the locals. Imagine a B2 pushing hundreds of working/military aged males out over Iran with AKs and some MREs. Want to live? Better shoot. With enough effort you can have your own oil-producing country that we'll dislike less than the previous tenants.

It's all about deterrent, and I bet after word gets back south that's happening we won't need much more than a painted line.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 15:31   #20
aussiedave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7307
MINIGUNS IN INTERLOCKING FIELDS OF FIRE. stop all money being sent via western union to any country without the sender being able to prove legal status in the USA. sink all smuggler boats. LAW ROCKETS work well for this.
give me $100,000,000 and an amnesty for the men working with me and I can have ARMED patriots manning the border with shoot to kill orders.. come at me Jose….

I am here LEGALLY, IT HAS BEEN A LONG HARD EXPENSIVE ROAD BUT IT IS WORTH IT.
Old February 05, 2019, 15:50   #21
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Being in the country without documentation is a civil offense, let's find a civil remedy to this problem:

Forced, obligatory marriage for any and all found to be here illegally. The immigration service can choose the spouse, so anything goes. Plus no divorce. If the couple live in holy matrimony for a period of 17 years [life cycle of a cicada] then they are granted permanent status. Don't last the requisite 17 years, permanent banishment.
Old February 05, 2019, 18:11   #22
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

At some point no one will have to ask what will secure our sovereignty,,, it won;t be technology,,,, as always it will be rough men,,, not candy asses,,,, remember like we used to have.
Old February 05, 2019, 18:30   #23
HD-Ghost
Registered

FALaholic #: 68541
Better than a wall!

Drones with weapons (that we use).

Someone mentioned miniguns.
HD-Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 18:36   #24
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Ghost View Post
Drones with weapons (that we use).

Someone mentioned miniguns.
,,, that's for sissies,,, and guy's without a hair on their ass.
Old February 05, 2019, 19:10   #25
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
Put that guy that killed the cougar with his bare hands in charge of the border.
gentlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 19:53   #26
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
We could install a network of Phalanx guns..
Old February 06, 2019, 07:29   #27
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Build the wall. Place loud speakers along the top, playing loud bagpipe music, 24/7. Then only the scots would invade. We can deal with them.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 08:47   #28
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Well, if you want to talk about violent interdiction, hunt down and kill the smugglers. Then put word out the next wave of smugglers that are caught, their family will die as well. Go after the drug smugglers with no mercy. Don't arrest them and then let them go, when caught, bring them to the North side of the border, and impale them on 12 foot poles. Round up all known illegals and deport with no due process, since they're not Americans, they have no right to use our laws to stay here. If caught in America again, add them to the pole sitting crowd. Once word gets out that the Norte Americanos are now playing hard ball, no one will be sneaking across the boarder.
Sure, it sounds brutal and immoral, but you want to keep people from sneaking into this country? Make it too inhospitable to sneak into.
Or, we could just build a wall and install under ground sensors to detect tunneling activity. Once discovered, use surface charges to collapse the tunnels.
I agree and like your idea, but we have to hang fentanyl, cocaine and heroin dealers and users concomitantly on THIS SIDE. Without the market, there is no need for smuggling.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 10:52   #29
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
a concrete panel wall sea to sea, 30 feet tall above grade, 30 feet below grade, 3 foot diameter pipe on top

every 200 yards a tower w/ 4 cameras and 2 automatic M134 mini guns

network of geo-phones to detect footsteps

roller compacted concrete highway for border patrol to do high speed deployment along wall

terra-pods set back from the rio grand to protect the wall from water erosion damage

drones patrolling the entire border to watch for collaborators on this side, execute on the spot, same fate for drug runners

Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 11:44   #30
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
Remove the incentive to live here illegally. Stiff fines for employing illegals and the use of the e-verify system for all employers.

This whole wall thing is silly.
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 21:10   #31
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
Remove the incentive to live here illegally. Stiff fines for employing illegals and the use of the e-verify system for all employers.

This whole wall thing is silly.
So is feeding them and giving them housing and medical care,,, the next rulers of this domain wont be so soft and compliant,,, I doubt if they will be females either,,, or even in touch with their Feminine side,,, deservedly so.
Old February 06, 2019, 21:29   #32
ratas calientes
Registered

FALaholic #: 1841
.50 BMGs and a bounty per person.
Old February 06, 2019, 21:58   #33
sniperdoc
Registered

FALaholic #: 80483
Sell "Hunting Licenses".
You can stem the flow of crossings, and stimulate the economy of American border towns at the same time (the Hunters will need motels to sleep in; restaurants to eat in; stores to buy supplies, sundries, and fuel; bars to celebrate in; strip clubs to wind down; and taxidermists to preserve mementos {maybe that's a little too dark?}
sniperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 22:23   #34
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
15,000 volt 3 phase... A,B, and C phase in that order going up the fence. Phase to phase short circuits are quite spectacular.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 22:46   #35
hardheaded
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
15,000 volt 3 phase... A,B, and C phase in that order going up the fence. Phase to phase short circuits are quite spectacular.
Run it up to 345kv give it that 4 foot jump
Old February 06, 2019, 22:55   #36
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Landmines, razor wire, and machine gun nests with intersecting fire.
Old February 07, 2019, 00:44   #37
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Automated miniguns and landmines.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2019, 01:36   #38
STG_58_guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 65886
Helicopter gunships with drones hunting looking for targets.

While we talk about drug smugglers, human traffickers and terrorists, the real threat are economic migrants. A wall will deter most of them. Yes, you can defeat a wall, but most won't try. And if they do try, with a wall, it's easier to justify shooting them.

Every single day we add about 200,000 people to the planet. The places where more people are born than die every day are desperately poor, third world countries. Those people would be stupid not to try and come to a place like this. And they will. If we don't stop them, this place will soon be just like the places these people are fleeing.

Western countries have declining indigenous populations. This is a good thing.

Perhaps you think we can build a modern city for 200,000 desperately poor people every day. If so, I'm guessing you are one of those folks who says "I was never very good at math."

So it's a wall now or helicopter gunships later. Build the damn wall.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2019, 07:51   #39
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73180
Heavy penalties for employment of illegals. And enforce them!

Cut off free shit for illegals.

Done.
Slaughter is online now   Reply With Quote