FALaholic #: 73180
Tribute to Emma Peel - "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" song

Fantasies of my youth again brought to light in this:

Slaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 15:51   #2
JColdIron
Registered

FALaholic #: 24587
Ah, yes. She was the epitome of 60's chic and one of the reasons I like women with straight hair. She also drove a Triumph Spitfire which made her extra cool in my book. My first car-love.
JColdIron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 16:07   #3
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Yep as a teenager she caught my attention for sure. Yes, miniskirts (and the hope you might see something).
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 17:36   #4
fal762
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 66358
She was one of the reasons I watched The Avengers back in the day.
fal762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 17:44   #5
imacoonass01
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
Originally Posted by fal762 View Post
She was one of the reasons I watched The Avengers back in the day.
The only reason, for me.
Old February 04, 2019, 18:31   #6
lostmybearing
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62976
It was a Lotus Elan that she drove in the show.
Old February 04, 2019, 18:47   #7
imacoonass01
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmybearing View Post
I know what you mean. Some of their rides are worth big bucks now!.
Old February 04, 2019, 22:37   #8
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Fantasies of my youth again brought to light in this:
Damn.

Thanks for the memory!

She was one sultry minx I'd plum forgotten about...

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 09:31   #9
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Thanks for that video Brother Slaughter. Diana Rigg is one of the sexiest, classiest actresses of all time and especially in the 1960's when the competition was fierce.

Yeah, they have bigger boobs and more narrow waists now days, but modern star ho's lack the class she, and other ladies of that era, had.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 10:27   #10
JColdIron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmybearing View Post
My life was apparently a lie.

I could have sworn she drove a Spit at some point in the show. But can only find that they were on the show at some point (like most popular Brit cars of the time).
Old February 05, 2019, 14:01   #11
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColdIron View Post
My life was apparently a lie.

I could have sworn she drove a Spit at some point in the show. But can only find that they were on the show at some point (like most popular Brit cars of the time).
Spitfires were miserable excuses for a vehicle, even worse than MGBs (AMHIK ), but then.most Brit cars of the era were of the same ilk. At least when ( not if ) the Elan broke down, it was still classy looking :wink

Always wanted a Europa --- until the neighbor got one and enlisted me to help keep it running. Full time job. I bailed. After trying to change the rear "sparking plugs" on a Sunbeam Tiger, I swore off Brit vehicles entirely. Only exception is my current Triumph 675 Street Triple, which has been superb.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 14:37   #12
JColdIron
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Spitfires were miserable excuses for a vehicle, even worse than MGBs (AMHIK ), but then.most Brit cars of the era were of the same ilk. At least when ( not if ) the Elan broke down, it was still classy looking :wink

Always wanted a Europa --- until the neighbor got one and enlisted me to help keep it running. Full time job. I bailed. After trying to change the rear "sparking plugs" on a Sunbeam Tiger, I swore off Brit vehicles entirely. Only exception is my current Triumph 675 Street Triple, which has been superb.
I've had a couple Spits. They weren't too bad till the US emissions and bumper standards got to them.

Best thing about them was the clamshell bonnet. You could sit on the tires while working on the engine.

The Elan was a sharp looking car. Lotus had some good styling. I always thought the TR250 was pretty sharp too. Tiger with the Rover V6 had some Pep!

Now I am too busy keeping 20 year old Daily drivers on the road to have a "Fun car"
Old February 05, 2019, 16:24   #13
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColdIron View Post
I've had a couple Spits. They weren't too bad till the US emissions and bumper standards got to them.

Best thing about them was the clamshell bonnet. You could sit on the tires while working on the engine.

The Elan was a sharp looking car. Lotus had some good styling. I always thought the TR250 was pretty sharp too. Tiger with the Rover V6 had some Pep!

Now I am too busy keeping 20 year old Daily drivers on the road to have a "Fun car"
The Tigers I worked on had Ford 260 V8s in them. Getting to the two rear plugs was virtually impossible. Much later, one owner told me he cut holes in the firewall so he could reach the rear plugs from inside the car. That must have involved some interesting contortions. Never knew the Tigers to have a V6. Rover had a variant of the Buick aluminum block V8 but I never heard of one in a Tiger, at least not a US market one.

But I digress - like most every young man of the era, I was in love - well, at least lust - with Ms. Riggs. What a cutie, and talented to boot.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old February 05, 2019, 18:03   #14
TnHawk-45
Registered

FALaholic #: 13892
Only problem with the Sunbeam Tigers was they tended to over heat unless you ground down every other fin on the water pump. If you didn't they turned the water into froth and not moving water/coolant. I got this tip from one of the factory mechanics at the 24 hours of Daytona. That is the way they ran their racing ones both with the 260 and the high performance 289's.

As to Diana Rigg, I lived in England from 1965-68 and had a constant case of LUST for her. The Avengers was one of the only decent TV shows they had on. She looked as good live and in person as she did on TV. I got to see her at Wimbledon at the World Cup finals of England vs West Germany in the 1966 World Cup match.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2019, 18:29   #15
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
Only problem with the Sunbeam Tigers was they tended to over heat unless you ground down every other fin on the water pump. If you didn't they turned the water into froth and not moving water/coolant. I got this tip from one of the factory mechanics at the 24 hours of Daytona. That is the way they ran their racing ones both with the 260 and the high performance 289's.

As to Diana Rigg, I lived in England from 1965-68 and had a constant case of LUST for her. The Avengers was one of the only decent TV shows they had on. She looked as good live and in person as she did on TV. I got to see her at Wimbledon at the World Cup finals of England vs West Germany in the 1966 World Cup match.
Very interesting ! To my knowledge, domestic 289s weren't prone to this, I wonder if they used different water pumps "over there" ?

Old February 05, 2019, 21:32   #16
Arby
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
.......... like most every young man of the era, I was in love - well, at least lust - with Ms. Riggs. What a cutie, and talented to boot.
Never missed an episode!
Arby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 13:33   #17
TnHawk-45
Registered

FALaholic #: 13892
Quote:
Very interesting ! To my knowledge, domestic 289s weren't prone to this, I wonder if they used different water pumps "over there" ?
Sunbeam got their high performance 289's directly from Ford in crates. Was only when racing in endurance races like the 24 hours of LeMans and Daytona that they had this problem. They found it also helped for non endurance also.
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2019, 14:12   #18
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHawk-45 View Post
Sunbeam got their high performance 289's directly from Ford in crates. Was only when racing in endurance races like the 24 hours of LeMans and Daytona that they had this problem. They found it also helped for non endurance also.
Interesting - thx for the info

Used to run a B Prod Mustang in SCCA an d local stuff, never had a hint of a problem, but then the races weren't al that long and the engine wasn't tweaked all that much to begin with. Makes sense that cavitation would cause the problem, though

Old February 06, 2019, 19:55   #19
Gazz
Registered

FALaholic #: 15159
I too enjoyed watching Emma in the avengers. Did any of you notice her in Game of Thrones?