Old May 21, 2018, 08:21   #201
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
The base nature of man is to kill his fellow man,

does man even need a reason to kill one another?
I disagree that killing other men is the base nature of men.
However, under the correct "conditions", man is certainly capable of getting to that "nature".

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 09:04   #202
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
However, under the correct "conditions", man is certainly capable of getting to that "nature".
From what I can tell, killing other men is base nature of a few. It seems that getting someone else to do one's killing is the base nature of a few, also. Unfortunately those same few exhibit the same sociopathic tendencies that allow them to get elected or appointed over the many.
Ted Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 11:54   #203
Heisser Mann
Registered

FALaholic #: 80843
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post

Revelations was composed well after the Roman razing of the Temple

Further it's not a Hebrew document, it was written by clowns sitting in Roman prisons who had never entered Jerusalem.

Christianity has ZERO, Zilch, nothing to do with Any question regarding a Hebrew Temple
Please cease your confusion of the two faiths, actually three

always gets the eye roll from me when American Christians start pushing armmegedon. 100% of actual Hebrews don't believe in your radical theology, that you can some how forment the End of Times to bring your blessed Jebus to carry you away in some El' Mucho Grande Rupture.
He doesn't even exist within the Hebrew faith dude.

Hebrews predate either Christians or Islam by thousands of years
a bunch of Johnny come lately cult types
Actually modern Judaism (Talmudism) is younger than Christianity--no temple, no priesthood etc.
Your right about the crazy ass protestant American rapture theories--more new stuff dreamed up by heretics
Heisser Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 12:14   #204
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
Actually modern Judaism (Talmudism) is younger than Christianity--no temple, no priesthood etc.
Your right about the crazy ass protestant American rapture theories--more new stuff dreamed up by heretics
Please define heretic.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 12:24   #205
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Please define heretic.
all jews then living were "chosen" by YHWH to wander, as Stateless Persons, until such future time as YHWH -- not mankind, and certainly not jews -- decides/has decided the punishment is to be lifted, decided to reinstate the jews as a people, exclusively, and not before.

that order came down from the big man YHWH, president and CEO of jew.inc himself, that is literally the "word of god", if you want to believe in that sort of thing;
therefore all zionists and their allies are heretics, by definition.

those particular "chosen" jews and all their tribal descendants are now dead; there is no divine lineage anymore,
which simplifies things considerably.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:29   #206
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
all jews then living were "chosen" by YHWH to wander, as Stateless Persons, until such future time as YHWH -- not mankind, and certainly not jews -- decides/has decided the punishment is to be lifted, decided to reinstate the jews as a people, exclusively, and not before.

that order came down from the big man YHWH, president and CEO of jew.inc himself, that is literally the "word of god", if you want to believe in that sort of thing;

those particular "chosen" jews and all their tribal descendants are now dead; there is no divine lineage anymore,
That's good to know,,, it answers a lot of questions.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 12:44   #207
G1user
Registered

Quote:
That's good to know,,, it answers a lot of questions.
yes it does, con man,

now answer for us all to see exactly how many people did you yourself kill in korea?--
include specifics as to time, place, manner and circumstance of each instance.

and when you assaulted a superior officer with your issued firearm, how did you escape felony dishonorable discharge under the UCMJ?
Old May 21, 2018, 14:32   #208
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Earliest man simply killed whenever he wanted too, needed too, desired too, but as the age of mankind progressed, man learned that to kill their fellow man was often short sighted, left the camp short handed, so man then learned to en slave other men.

When enslavement of other men fails for any reason, man reverts back to his natural base nature, of just killing other men.

As Ted noted, along the way, man learned to manipulate others to do their killing for them, so the base nature of nation states was born, enslavement of others with the killing of those that rebel.

This has been debated for ages, with people in favor and those that disagree.

That man is the very top predator to ever walk the earth, man has killed every other species on this earth, is not in dispute.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 14:38   #209
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

More missing history of mankind, saving all these up, will one day store them in earthen jars and bury in a cave.
Will be worth a lot of money one day, just got to remember to leave instructions to tear them into small parts, and pay for little bits to keep folks employed long after they are found putting them back together.

Are you really retarded, or just a drunk, or off your medications the happy doctors give you from time to time?????

Old May 21, 2018, 15:15   #210
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Please define heretic.
Heretics are those who don't follow the standards of one group

For example Catholics viewed Protestants as Heretics

There are divisions in Islam that are seen as Heretical

Same with the Hebrew faith
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 15:19   #211
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

And now back to the original topic;

Seems, as in, Hamas has admitted, well, folks can read this on their own.

Ted Cruz seems to have figured it all out for a teaser.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...tm_campaign=nl

Old May 21, 2018, 16:59   #212
G1user
Registered

Quote:
More missing history of mankind, saving all these up, will one day store them in earthen jars and bury in a cave.
Will be worth a lot of money one day, just got to remember to leave instructions to tear them into small parts, and pay for little bits to keep folks employed long after they are found putting them back together.

Are you really retarded, or just a drunk, or off your medications the happy doctors give you from time to time?????
the entire world is some epic conspiracy, set up over millennia to screw over those with divine blood flowing in their "chosen" veins, at every turn?

or, apply Occam's razor-- hebrewism is merely just another stone age tribal bullshit swindle, a fairy tale, a cover story like all the other con jobs, self righteous screwheads claiming victim status for fun and profit, because it is the cheap and effective tactic, that works really well on the goy.

and your dick cutting kink is felony child abuse, just sayin'.
Old May 21, 2018, 17:23   #213
CG&L
Registered

FALaholic #: 27951
WOW
We have the atheist throwing poo at the Jews and the Christians
Old May 21, 2018, 17:40   #214
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
WOW
We have the atheist throwing poo at the Jews and the Christians
we good people are supposed to annoy bad people, it is in the job description.
Old May 21, 2018, 18:03   #215
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
yes it does, con man,

now answer for us all to see exactly how many people did you yourself kill in korea?--
include specifics as to time, place, manner and circumstance of each instance.

and when you assaulted a superior officer with your issued firearm, how did you escape felony dishonorable discharge under the UCMJ?

More of this stupidity?

Here's a hint:

1. He's not going to tell you

2. It's none of your business

3. He wasn't charged with a felony, and he wasn't dishonorably discharged - which means that the facts on the ground were different than your self-serving imagination wishes they were

4. You sound stupid when you ask this when:

a. he's not going to tell you

b. it has nothing to do with the topic

Sober up?
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 18:07   #216
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
we good people are supposed to annoy bad people, it is in the job description.
It would help you good people if you could get some intelligent people to join the FAL Files crowd so we bad people aren't so bored with the poor logic and stupidity brought by you - the self-appointed representative of the good people.

I mean, come up with something.

And let's get back to that "analysis" you did on the right brain/left brain thing with the Jews. Where is that beautiful piece of work?

Or tell us bad people about the magic trick where there was nothing, and then there was something, and then about how that "something" had an accident, and little bits of inanimate objects suddenly became "living objects".

Tell me about that one. Oh - and how it all happened randomly.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old May 21, 2018, 18:13   #217
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post

More of this stupidity?
tl/dr;

Old May 21, 2018, 18:33   #218
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Well, I have to admit I did a bit of an eye roll on that Right brained Jew thing.

One enormous problem with that is it would indicate Jewish folk are overwhelmingly Left Handed

Now interestingly the Uzi, Galil and other Jew guns are, Wait For It...
designed nearly exclusively for Right handed, left brain dominant folks.

Now I do recall Hebrew legends of one tribe that was nearly all Left handed, reknowned for their swordsmen.

besides, despite our fractional numbers the contributions of Right Brained folk tends to outweigh their demographic representation in the species and not just in the Arts.

As I have noted both Washington and Jefferson were lefties

who else ?
Gerald Ford, HW Bush, Clinton then Obama
yeah, 4 of the last 5 Presidents were Left handed

how do you guys like those Road Apples
Old May 21, 2018, 18:41   #219
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
tl/dr;

You read every word you lying, pathetic douche. I'll keep it to two sentences for you since you're incompetent, too.

Old May 21, 2018, 18:44   #220
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Wait, donkey videos?

What about an intelligent retort or an answer about your ridiculous assessment of how Jews aren't in STEM fields?

Can you get back to us on that one?

I mean, substance, man. It's what good people do. Let's see some.
Old May 21, 2018, 18:54   #221
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
From what I can tell, killing other men is base nature of a few. It seems that getting someone else to do one's killing is the base nature of a few, also. Unfortunately those same few exhibit the same sociopathic tendencies that allow them to get elected or appointed over the many.
Quote:
Earliest man simply killed whenever he wanted too, needed too, desired too, but as the age of mankind progressed, man learned that to kill their fellow man was often short sighted, left the camp short handed, so man then learned to en slave other men.

When enslavement of other men fails for any reason, man reverts back to his natural base nature, of just killing other men.

As Ted noted, along the way, man learned to manipulate others to do their killing for them, so the base nature of nation states was born, enslavement of others with the killing of those that rebel.

This has been debated for ages, with people in favor and those that disagree.

That man is the very top predator to ever walk the earth, man has killed every other species on this earth, is not in dispute.
From what I can tell, staying alive until breeding age( and beyond in the case of men) is the base nature of man, as well as all species here on earth.

Secondary is breeding once puberty is achieved. Procreation is what it is "ALL" about. Anything else is gravy.

If killing others is necessary to achieve the base and secondary objectives, and it is not always necessary in the current era, that would make killing other men tertiary.

That's my story and i'm sticking to it, unless convinced otherwise.

Old May 21, 2018, 19:07   #222
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
From what I can tell, staying alive until breeding age( and beyond in the case of men) is the base nature of man, as well as all species here on earth.

Secondary is breeding once puberty is achieved. Procreation is what it is "ALL" about. Anything else is gravy.

If killing others is necessary to achieve the base and secondary objectives, and it is not always necessary in the current era, that would make killing other men tertiary.

Screwing our brains out, is a close second????? kill or screw??? now that right there is the true question of life for many.

Old May 21, 2018, 19:08   #223
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:

It's why Men were breeding young girls as soon as they hit puberty
When your life expectancy is maybe 30 you have very little time to pass your genes on
Old May 21, 2018, 19:10   #224
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
tl/dr;

BOO!

Ain't used that one in a while for an,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,just an ignorant ass bellowing out in the pasture!

Old May 21, 2018, 20:50   #225
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Always remember,

Old May 21, 2018, 21:18   #226
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Always remember,

Everyone likes to dance around the issue, sooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXkfhqvO44

Old May 21, 2018, 21:28   #227
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Everyone likes to dance around the issue, sooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXkfhqvO44
Man, could I dance back then. Rita kept blowing the choreography and we had to do that over and over to get it right.

I feel like snuffing something. I'll use the Yellowhand's "It's man's base nature defense".

Last edited by Exit308; May 21, 2018 at 21:39.
Old May 21, 2018, 23:52   #228
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Man, could I dance back then. Rita kept blowing the choreography and we had to do that over and over to get it right.

I feel like snuffing something. I'll use the Yellowhand's "It's man's base nature defense".
That ain't no defense, just an understanding of the nature of man, so don't go there!!!!

Try, I was in fear for my life and the life of others.

We be civilized now we are!

Of course, MS13 are not animals, at least according to those dimwits crying croc tears, so civilization kinda sucks, at least many people in it!

Old May 22, 2018, 01:03   #229
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
Quote:
That's all sorts of incorrect, I was blessed by Priests - after they had their hands ceremoniously washed by Levis - just today!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 06:19   #230
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.memri.org/tv/hamas-polit...ers/transcript

Hamas Political Bureau Member Salah Al-Bardawil said that of the 62 people killed in clashes along the Gaza border on May 14, 50 were from Hamas. Al-Bardawil, speaking on May 16 on Baladna TV, which broadcasts from Gaza, stressed that this was the official figure.

Interviewer: "Many people are saying that the children... I'm telling you what people are saying. It's not that I believe this. People are saying that children are dying and that Hamas is reaping the fruits."

Salah Al-Bardawil: "In the last round, there were 62 martyrs."

Interviewer: "Right."

Salah Al-Bardawil: "50 of the martyrs were from Hamas, and the other 12 were regular people. So how can anyone claim that Hamas is reaping the fruits, when it paid such a steep price? What did Hamas gain? 50 martyrs..."
Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 07:09   #231
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
More virtue signalling.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/2...order-violence
Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 10:13   #232
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
Heretics are those who don't follow the standards of one group

For example Catholics viewed Protestants as Heretics

There are divisions in Islam that are seen as Heretical

Same with the Hebrew faith
Thanks for answering that for me.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:19   #233
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliYahu View Post
That's all sorts of incorrect, I was blessed by Priests - after they had their hands ceremoniously washed by Levis - just today!

Eli
My Priest too. Hands washed by the blood of Christ.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:04   #234
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Maslow laid out the basic nature of man and it isn't murder. I can see how some would use that opinion as why they kill their fellow man but it's just opinion. It's pretty obvious by history that man's basic natural tendency is toward civil society but the killer amount us want a stone age life because of their own selfish wants.

Takes a hard heart to murder, most don't have it. Some are just pure evil but that evil runs in every direction in their selfishness from rape to murder and every criminal act they want to do. Evil isn't animal in nature, it's a learned behavior.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:11   #235
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
I just watched a clip on the Food Channel - they were in Jerusalem. Dude was making Tahini. His family had been making it there at the same place for over 100 years. He claimed to be a Palestinian, but I know there's no such thing.

Dudes making olive oil the same way forever...stuff looked good. Didn't someone destroy a bunch of olive trees over there a while back? Hamas? Isis? I can't quite remember......
Ted Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 11:26   #236
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
I just watched a clip on the Food Channel - they were in Jerusalem. Dude was making Tahini. His family had been making it there at the same place for over 100 years. He claimed to be a Palestinian, but I know there's no such thing.

Dudes making olive oil the same way forever...stuff looked good. Didn't someone destroy a bunch of olive trees over there a while back? Hamas? Isis? I can't quite remember......
Olive Oil and seasalt butter--spread on sourdough bread. yum.
Old May 22, 2018, 13:41   #237
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I just watched a clip on the Food Channel ......
Food channel, OK,,,,,,, now that really answers a few questions it do!

Old May 22, 2018, 13:50   #238
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.memri.org/tv/hamas-polit...ers/transcript

Hamas Political Bureau Member Salah Al-Bardawil said that of the 62 people killed in clashes along the Gaza border on May 14, 50 were from Hamas. Al-Bardawil, speaking on May 16 on Baladna TV, which broadcasts from Gaza, stressed that this was the official figure.

Interviewer: "Many people are saying that the children... I'm telling you what people are saying. It's not that I believe this. People are saying that children are dying and that Hamas is reaping the fruits."

Salah Al-Bardawil: "In the last round, there were 62 martyrs."

Interviewer: "Right."

Salah Al-Bardawil: "50 of the martyrs were from Hamas, and the other 12 were regular people. So how can anyone claim that Hamas is reaping the fruits, when it paid such a steep price? What did Hamas gain? 50 martyrs..."
50.00 for an individual to show up, but Hamas ran a special, 100.00 for a family with small children.

If anyone works for Hamas, which most do it seems, not showing up could mean loss of job.

Salah also admitted, it was all staged to bring pressure on Israel in the world press and in the EU, and it worked, it always works, them folks, Really want to Believe!

The worlds press widely reported a baby died because of tear gas, ut oh, the coroner/pathologist did not get the message, then reported the baby died of natural causes.

The press is reporting Ted Cruz will loose his set in the Senate, daily, pounding the story line, ya heard it here first, Cruz wins, again!!!!

The press simply lies, once one gets passed that, all this is just so much back ground noise.

Old May 22, 2018, 14:10   #239
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
Quote:
My Priest too. Hands washed by the blood of Christ.
No, man, men descended from Aaron. I don't know where this myth that Jews no longer have a Priesthood comes from, but I assure you they're not only still around they're ready for Temple duty!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 15:42   #240
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
No, man, men descended from Aaron. I don't know where this myth that Jews no longer have a Priesthood comes from, but I assure you they're not only still around they're ready for Temple duty!

Eli
I have this:

Does the Jewish religion still have a priesthood today?

Catholic Answers Staff

 August 04, 2011
Full Question
Does the Jewish religion still have a priesthood today? Is it Levitical? Do its priests still offer sacrifice?
Answer

No, there is no Jewish priesthood today. According to the Old Testament, the only place from which it was appropriate to offer animal sacrifices to God was the Temple in Jerusalem. In A.D. 70 the Temple was destroyed, meaning Jewish priests no longer had a place to sacrifice. Since the Temple is still in ruins today, there is currently no place for sacrifice. Therefore, there is no active priesthood in Judaism.

This does not mean that there are not people who could be called upon to be priests were the Temple rebuilt. Unlike the other tribes of Israel, the tribe of Levi is not thought to have completely lost its identity. Many Jewish people, with names such as Levit, Levin, and Levine, are thought to be of the tribe of Levi. They are given special roles to fill in Jewish synagogue worship because of their priestly heritage. Those with names such as Cohen, Kahan, and sometimes Katz are thought to come from the priestly family within the tribe of Levi.

In recent years there has been discussion of rebuilding the Temple, and much of the discussion has centered around whether it would be possible to rebuild the Temple without destroying the Dome of the Rock, a Muslim shrine built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

Recent archaeological evidence has suggested that the Holy of Holies--the most important chamber of the Temple and the place where the Ark of the Covenant was kept--lay outside the Dome of the Rock, meaning it would be possible to rebuild the Temple, including the site of the Holy of Holies, without disturbing the Dome of the Rock.

Stories have circulated about Jewish men of Levitical descent training in Israel for active service in a restored priesthood. Last year one group of ultra-orthodox Jews even tried to lay a foundation stone for a new Temple.

Not all Jews support the movement to rebuild the Temple. Some have aired concern that if it were rebuilt, they would have to face the problem whether or not to bring back animal sacrifices--an issue many Jews don't want to wrestle with.
https://www.catholic.com/qa/does-the...iesthood-today
Old May 22, 2018, 15:48   #241
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:

Eli
And I have this:

The fulfillment of the Old Testament

By Luke Lancaster
4/10/2015 9:00:10 AM

Jesus said very plainly, ''Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.'' (Matt. 5:17) This article will be about how Christ's Church and its beliefs are prefigured in the Old Testament. It will be a BRIEF overview. Also, do keep in mind Hebrews 10:1 which says, ''..since the law has but a SHADOW of the good things to come..'' Thus, as Matt Dula says, these Old Testament prefigurements are inferior to the New Testament's fulfilment. St Augustine clarifies, saying, ''The New Testament lies hidden in the Old, and the Old Testament is unveiled in the New''.

Adam and Eve VS Jesus and Mary

Scott Hahn, in his TV show ''Hail, Holy Queen'' talks about how there is a parallel between Genesis and John; I will briefly summarize this in a paragraph. In Genesis chapters 1 and 2 we read, ''In the beginning'' (1:1) ''the Spirit of God was
moving over the face of the waters'' (1:2) ''God said'' (1:3) ''God separated the light from the darkness'' (1:4) ''one day'' (1:5) ''second day'' (1:8) ''third day''
(1:13) ''fourth day'' (1:19) ''fifth day'' (1:23) ''sixth day'' (1:31) ''seventh day'' (2:2) and then there is a marriage between Adam and Eve "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife'' (2:24) then Adam calls Eve ''Woman'' (2:23).

In John chapters 1 and 2, John copies Genesis 1 and 2 as we read,
''In the beginning'' (1:1) ''I saw the Spirit descend as a dove from heaven, and it remained on him'' (1:32) ''the Word'' (1:1) ''The light shines in the darkness'' (1:5)
''The next day'' (1:29) ''The next day'' (1:35) ''The next day'' (1:43) ''On the third day'' (2:1 and this ''third day'' is the third day after the last day mentioned
which was the 4th day) ''there was a marriage'' (2:1 and realize that the marriage couple goes unnamed, Jesus and Mary are the main figures) ''And Jesus said to her, ''O woman'' (2:4)''.

As you can see, St. John is describing a ''new creation'' with Jesus as the New Adam (Rom. 5:14; 1 Cor. 15:45) and Mary as the New
Eve (Genesis 3:15) respectively. In regards to Mary, St. Ireneaus said, ''[T]he knot of Eve's disobedience was loosed by the obedience of Mary: What the virgin Eve had bound in unbelief, the Virgin Mary loosed through faith.'' (''Against Heresies'' 3,24,4. 180 AD) Another parallel between Adam/Eve and Jesus/Mary is that Adam and Eve were created without sin and, since the Old Testament types are inferior to the Old Testament, Jesus and Mary would also have to be without sin. As Adam and Eve would sin in their life, Jesus and Mary would never sin. To support this claim for Jesus, 1 John 3:5 says, ‘’You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.’’ To support this claim for Mary, the angel Gabriel said to Mary in Luke 1:28, ‘’Hail, full of grace’’ (To be ‘’full of grace’’ means that your will is turned perfectly to God’s will, hence, you do not sin). The early Christians agree, ''Mary is free from all stain of sin’’ - Ambrose of Milan, 379 AD.

Davidic King and Queen Mother VS Jesus and Mary

Also in Scott's TV show, he talks about how Jesus and Mary are prefigured in the Old Testament with the Davidic King and the Queen Mother. As Tim Gray said, ''In fulfillment of biblical prophecy, Jesus came to restore the Davidic kingdom, albeit in a way that surpassed all expectations. The messiah was to be a descendant of David, who would reestablish the kingdom of God and reign forever (cf. 2 Sam. 7; Ps. 2; 72; 89).'' The Archangel Gabriel said to Mary, ''..the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.." In Matthew 1:1-16 St. Matthew goes through the entire geneology of Jesus, showing after verse 6 that He is in the line of David, thus, making Him the new Davidic King.

If we then turn our attention to 1 Kings 2, we notice that there is a Queen in the Davidic Kingdom, and she isn't his wife. In 1 Kings 11:3, it says that Solomon had 700 wives. So, what does he have one of?
A mother.
1 Kings 2:19 says, ''..a throne was provided for the king's mother..'' (NAB) 2 Kings 24:12 says, ''Then King Jehoiakim, along with his advisers, nobles, and officials, and the queen mother..'' and ''Say to the king and the queen mother,'' (Jeremiah 13:18). The Queen Mother also intercedes (to speak on behalf of another) for the people in 1 Kings 2:12-22. In John 2, we see the new Queen Mother (Mary) interceding on behalf of the Bride and Groom at the wedding feast at Cana. Also, when the Angel Gabriel speaks to Mary at the Annunciation, he says, ''HAIL, full of grace'' (Luke 1:28). The Greek word for ''hail'' (Chaire) is the same one that is used for Jesus when they said, ''Hail, king of the Jews'' (Matt. 27:29). As Scott Hahn says, ''The Queen Mother can intercede, but the king is the final judge.''

Davidic Prime Minister - Christ's Prime Minister

In the Davidic Kingdom, there was a Prime Minister who was the king's representative. The kings' ''vicar'' has supreme authority over the whole kingdom. He is the one who is ''deputed to oversee the king's affairs.'' as Catholic Answers' staff said. It is talked about in Isaiah 22:19-22 where, in this situation, a Prime Minister is being replaced, ''I will thrust you from your office and pull you down from your station. On that day I will summon my servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah; I will clothe him with your robe, and gird him with your sash, and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. I will place the key of the house of David on his shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.'' This office of Prime Minister was an office of ''dynastic succession,'' meaning that, as Steve Ray says, ''as one steward (Prime Minister) dies or is removed, another takes his place.''

Now, when Jesus came and established His Kingdom, it ''shall stand forever'' (Daniel 2:44). He did this in Matthew 16:19, ''I will give you (Peter) the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.'' Here, He gives the keys to Peter, nobody else. Hence, his
office will have successors - perpetual leaders. As St Irenaeus said in his ''Against Heresies'' (180 AD), ''The blessed Apostles, then, founded and built up the church in Rome. They committed the office of bishop into the hands of Linus. Of this, Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeded Anacletus. After him, in the third place from the Apostles, Clement was allotted the office of bishop.'' Keep in mind, St Irenaeus learned from St Polycarp, who was a disciple of St John the Apostle. After saying that Peter gets the keys, He gives him the authority to ''bind and loose.'' The website,
‘’biblicalcatholic.com'' has this to say about binding and loosing,
''The language of "binding" and "loosing" is Rabbinic terminology for authoritative teaching or a teaching function (or "Halakhic" pronouncements), denoting the authoritative declaration that an action is permitted or forbidden by the law of Moses, and in the Church the authority to pronounce judgment on unbelievers and promise forgiveness to believers''.

Levitical Priesthood VS Catholic Priesthood

God said to the Israelites in Exodus 19:6, ''You shall be to Me, a kingdom of priests, a holy nation''. The Israelites were fulfilled with Christ's Church, so we are now a ''kingdom of priests'' (1 Peter 2:5-6). Even though the Israelites were all priests, there still was a separate priesthood within them which Aaron, his sons, and the rest of the Levites received (Numbers 18:1-7), who were to do many duties (Deuteronomy 33). One was to offer sacrifice (Jeremiah 33:18) and, in Leviticus 19:20-22, God communicated His forgiveness through the Priest. The Priesthood was also associated with Fatherhood, as when someone asked a transient Levite, ''Stay with me; be father and priest to me'' (Judges 17:10). Succession was done through the laying on of hands (Deuteronomy 34:9). The priests also had authority to make binding decisions (Deuteronomy 17:8-13).

Now the stage is set for discussion on the Catholic Priesthood. Jesus calls His priests (the Apostles and disciples) and sends them in Matthew 10:1-8. He tells them to offer sacrifice of His own Body and Blood (Re-presenting His sacrifice on Calvary, not resacrificing Him. Luke 22:19), and to forgive sins (John 20:22-23). They become spiritual fathers through the Gospel (1 Cor. 4:14-15), and succession is done with laying on of hands (Acts 1:21-26 shows succession, 1 Tim
1:6, 4:14 shows it is done with laying on of hands). They also have the authority to make binding decisions (Matt. 16:18, 18:15-18).

Water and Spirit - Baptism

Jesus said in John 3:5, ''..no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.'' Catholics understand this to mean water Baptism, so, let's see if that adds up based on the context of the Scriptures. In Genesis 1:2, it says ''..the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters''. Notice the water and Spirit present. In Genesis 8:10-11, we see that when Noah was in the ark because of the flood, he ''..sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf!'' As we know from the Old Testament, a dove represents the Holy Spirit, hence - water and Spirit are seen again. In Exodus 14, we see the Israelites going through the Red sea, however, what was there before this leading them? A pillar of fire. What does fire symbolize? The Holy Spirit. Once again, water and Spirit. To hammer the point, look at the context of John's gospel to see if Jesus meant water Baptism when he said, ''born of water and Spirit''. In the first chapter of John's Gospel, we read about Jesus' Baptism, and how the Spirit decended upon Him like a dove. As we have seen before, actual water and Spirit are present. Also, directly after speaking about water and the Spirit, He said ‘’After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized.’’ (John 3:22)

What I have just said is only a small sampling of what was prefigured in the Old. I recommend that you read this list over and over again until it ''clicks'' (It took me awhile!). For further reading, check out: Hail, Holy Queen by Scott Hahn, Upon This Rock by Steve Ray, and Sacraments in Scripture by Tim Gray.
http://www.catholic365.com/article/1...testament.html
Old May 22, 2018, 15:52   #242
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
--and then they hire Hessians. I wouldn't be surprised to see the current lot of cowards do much the same.
Old May 22, 2018, 17:58   #243
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I have this:

Catholic Answers Staff

 August 04, 2011
Full Question
Does the Jewish religion still have a priesthood today? Is it Levitical? Do its priests still offer sacrifice?
Answer

No, there is no Jewish priesthood today. According to the Old Testament, the only place from which it was appropriate to offer animal sacrifices to God was the Temple in Jerusalem. In A.D. 70 the Temple was destroyed, meaning Jewish priests no longer had a place to sacrifice. Since the Temple is still in ruins today, there is currently no place for sacrifice. Therefore, there is no active priesthood in Judaism.

This does not mean that there are not people who could be called upon to be priests were the Temple rebuilt. Unlike the other tribes of Israel, the tribe of Levi is not thought to have completely lost its identity. Many Jewish people, with names such as Levit, Levin, and Levine, are thought to be of the tribe of Levi. They are given special roles to fill in Jewish synagogue worship because of their priestly heritage. Those with names such as Cohen, Kahan, and sometimes Katz are thought to come from the priestly family within the tribe of Levi.

In recent years there has been discussion of rebuilding the Temple, and much of the discussion has centered around whether it would be possible to rebuild the Temple without destroying the Dome of the Rock, a Muslim shrine built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

Recent archaeological evidence has suggested that the Holy of Holies--the most important chamber of the Temple and the place where the Ark of the Covenant was kept--lay outside the Dome of the Rock, meaning it would be possible to rebuild the Temple, including the site of the Holy of Holies, without disturbing the Dome of the Rock.

Stories have circulated about Jewish men of Levitical descent training in Israel for active service in a restored priesthood. Last year one group of ultra-orthodox Jews even tried to lay a foundation stone for a new Temple.

Not all Jews support the movement to rebuild the Temple. Some have aired concern that if it were rebuilt, they would have to face the problem whether or not to bring back animal sacrifices--an issue many Jews don't want to wrestle with.
https://www.catholic.com/qa/does-the...iesthood-today
Just a side note;

ANYTHING put out about Jewish folks, from ANY Catholic official source, should be looked at with great suspicion!
The Church, having done great and wonderful things in this world for ages, is not shall I say, known for actually telling the truth, the whole truth, on Jewish matters, and with lasting concerns over The Church's recent and long term behavior in the past, put all together makes them highly suspect on this issue today, or any other Jewish issue, for damn good reasons.

I'm Jewish, I don't hate the Catholic Church, recognize them for the great good they have done worldwide for eons it seems, but The Church has a well earned jacket, a long history, of not such good work or deeds concerning Jewish folks.

Old May 22, 2018, 18:20   #244
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Just a side note;

ANYTHING put out about Jewish folks, from ANY Catholic official source, should be looked at with great suspicion!
The Church, having done great and wonderful things in this world for ages, is not shall I say, known for actually telling the truth, the whole truth, on Jewish matters, and with lasting concerns over The Church's recent and long term behavior in the past, put all together makes them highly suspect on this issue today, or any other Jewish issue, for damn good reasons.

I'm Jewish, I don't hate the Catholic Church, recognize them for the great good they have done worldwide for eons it seems, but The Church has a well earned jacket, a long history, of not such good work or deeds concerning Jewish folks.
Get off that high Hebrew Horse Paul

The Roman Church was what allowed the enslavement and trade in the Sons of Ham. I can go over the Papal reasoning again.
See as the alleged offspring of Ham Negros were cursed by G-d

the better one was with the discovery of the Americas Rome had a problem with deciding the ancestry of the Natives
Well they were not of Hams linage
nether of the other two sons
It was eventually decided by the Cardinals that American Natives were desended from "sinful Babylonians" who had survived the deluge !
That allowed enslavement and murder and it was not until the early 19th Century before Rome backed away from this view.
Old May 22, 2018, 18:56   #245
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Get off that high Hebrew Horse Paul

The Roman Church was what allowed the enslavement and trade in the Sons of Ham. I can go over the Papal reasoning again.
See as the alleged offspring of Ham Negros were cursed by G-d

the better one was with the discovery of the Americas Rome had a problem with deciding the ancestry of the Natives
Well they were not of Hams linage
nether of the other two sons
It was eventually decided by the Cardinals that American Natives were desended from "sinful Babylonians" who had survived the deluge !
That allowed enslavement and murder and it was not until the early 19th Century before Rome backed away from this view.
I was just being polite!!!!!

No reason to go over all the bad stuff, normal men have done in the name of their faiths.

Tha folks that follow the Catholic faith are all mostly good people, same for most faiths.

Why use a 12 gauge with 3 inch high base buckshot, when a pellet rifles works just as well????

Old May 22, 2018, 19:33   #246
Heisser Mann
Registered

Quote:
Just a side note;

And I don't hate Jews but...history is full of examples of the revolutionary Jews taking advantage of christians. Usury, deceitfiul business practices, moral issues. They were expelled from most European countries because of these reasons.
Your correct that men within the Church have made poor decisions, and still do. The Church has endured corruption ( like all of humanity) from the beginning from fallen, lying deceitful men. I look around now and wonder why our creator has not hit the reset button 😊.
And let me clarify--I am just talking here of past deeds in a historical context. As far as I can see moral bankruptcy, decay, craziness, lack of humanity, runs across all lines. In other words, every group of people, religious, ethnic, political--they all have s**t heads in them making us other folks trying to live right, look bad! And a happy Arizona day to you and yours. 😁
Old May 22, 2018, 20:02   #247
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
And I don't hate Jews but...history is full of examples of the revolutionary Jews taking advantage of christians. Usury, deceitfiul business practices, moral issues. They were expelled from most European countries because of these reasons.
A certain German nation believed all this as well.

We hung many of those bastards, tracked down, then hung many more, or simply found them where they were hiding like little girls and placed a bullet in their heads.

You might wish to read up a little more on "why" Jews were expelled from many counties.

And all you left out was the ages old blood libel, but its still daylight here.

Old May 22, 2018, 22:09   #248
G1user
Registered

Quote:
...We hung many of those bastards, tracked down, then hung many more, or simply found them where they were hiding like little girls and placed a bullet in their heads.
whereas jews used that same murderous approach in dealing with the previous inhabitants of the promised land when they stole it and displaced the locals, because "god told them to do it" -- see it don't count as ethnic cleansing when the jews do it.

what goes around comes around.

stone age tribal religious bullshit tweaked and weaponized for political purposes.

and it works so well on the goyim that keep falling for it, over and over.
Old May 22, 2018, 22:23   #249
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Man are you stupid.

On one hand you say that they are half-brained, stone-aged dirt people. On the other hand, you say that they are "tweaking" and "weaponizing" their "bullshit" (what does that mean?) for "political purposes", and that moderately intelligent non-jews keep falling for it. What are you saying? Jews faked their deaths in Germany and Poland so Britain would screw the Palestinians and hand over partial governance of Jerusalem to the progeny of the people that built Jerusalem?

Do you know how dumb that sounds? And on the topic of "dumb"...

Where's that brilliant analysis those right-brained, non-STEM capable jews? I'm dying to see that.
Old May 22, 2018, 22:29   #250
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I have this:

Catholic Answers Staff

Um, did you just quote the Catholics on the Jewish religion?

Wake. Up.

And check with the Jews. They'll tell you about their religion.

Can you imagine taking a Jewish guy seriously who said that he checked with his Rabbi on some question about Catholic doctrine? You can't, right?

The same thing is happening in reverse right now. About you.