Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old February 13, 2018, 08:58   #51
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFN49 View Post
. Dumbass. The key is to never rely on mechanical safeties, but you still insist that a firing pin block is infallible.
i have and shoot a '98 marlin 12 guage pump, despite the fact that the entire series based on the '98 was recalled for locking system mechanism failures in 1942. the part in question is steel, and steel product quality is my purvue. it's what i do.

i inspected the gun and the part that was known to fail is just fine on mine. i made an informed decision. but this is not what i was talking about with glocks.

it's not whether the mechanism will work, or not. it is that the design lacks a real safety mechanism, entirely.

the lack of a "positive" or "active" safety results in people getting shot unnecessarily by kops who never actually decide to shoot them. it's just a part of an unconsidered chain of reflexive response, rather than a considered deliberate act. i imagine that many non-kop shootings have similar lack of decided action.

i have an acquaintance who is a shrink and specializes in kops. he says they come to him wondering why they keep getting into shit for beating their wives, stealing stuff through police process, drinking themselves into a stupor, using drugs they have frisked off of "perps", and screwing whores on Beaver Street ( i kid you not, the whores in York hang out on Beaver Street).

he says that more than once in his 20 years of practice some kop has come to him and asked him "why they shot that guy". "but i really didn't even know that i was doing it, and maybe i didn't really need to. maybe there was another way".

trouble is, shooting someone dead is creating a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 09:27   #52
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
The issues with mechanical firing pins blocks are well know.
Really? Is that why they are pretty much standard today? It is an additional passive device because the least reliable part of the equation is the operator. These passive devices are to counteract the stupidity of people. (Edit: I think it is a great addition - there just is no real downside. While perfectly confident in carrying a Mk II Browning Hi-Power cocked and locked, I preferred the MK III's firing pin safety. There is just no downside to it.)

Jam the FP block in exactly the right position and the gun still won't fire by itself. You still must pull the trigger.

I will give you $1000 and a new factory Glock of your choice if you can document your factory Glock firing by dropping it.

Last edited by gunplumber; February 13, 2018 at 10:23.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 09:31   #53
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
We don't allow loaded firearms into the deer camp cabin.
If there is drinking going on, that makes sense. And hunting rifles, ok. But a personal protection handgun? I am more concerned with people loading and unloading guns around me, then with leaving them holstered.
Old February 13, 2018, 09:41   #54
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashithead View Post
trouble is, shooting someone dead is creating a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
I understand that you are stupid, incompetent, and lazy. I understand that you eschew personal responsibility. I understand that you believe adding a manual safety to a double-action revolver will make it "safer".

Just because you are a fcking moron, doesn't mean everyone else is. Some people do not want a manual safety on their revolvers. So Glock remains the most popular handgun in the world, with almost half of all police forces in the USA using them.

I actually don't carry a Glock at all times. I have a Glock in arms reach in the bedroom, the office and the car. Also one in my go-bag. But the gun I carry anytime I'm wearing pants is a S&W Airweight .38. If I also wear a gun on my belt, the J frame becomes a secondary. I'd prefer to carry a G43 or 26, but it doesn't fit my front pocket as well. It has not active safety, although it does have a rebound safety. Despite it being so inherently dangerous, it has yet to do anything by itself.

I wonder, is it more or less dangerous than the Glock?
Old February 13, 2018, 09:48   #55
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
I carried a 1911 and also a BHP while working, and would loved to have an G19 back then.
Both the 1911 and BHP were subject to caked mud/other wet crap blocking the hammer and safety from working at all, everything on both pistols seemed to rust up near overnight, regardless of how much oil we sloshed onto them.
The magazines on the 1911 were subject to rusting to the frame and being unable to remove them without a pry bar.
The 1911 and BHP mags would fill with water, and everything rusted up.
We drilled holes in the magazines, but then they clogged and rusted up nearly overnight.
Are you trying to hint that a 1911 is not the apex of perfection, reliability, and infallibility? Heresy I tell you!

raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 10:51   #56
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 73015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post

I will give you $1000 and a new factory Glock of your choice if you can document your factory Glock firing by dropping it.
Please sent $1000

From way back in 1992.

The Glock was the only semiautomatic to fail in a recent round of "drop tests," Mr. Pledger said. In those tests, guns were dropped to the floor from waist height to see if the impact caused them to fire.

"In many cases, the Glock pistols will not pass the drop test," he said. "If you drop it exactly right, it can go off."
SAFN49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 10:56   #57
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Please sent $1000

From way back in 1992.

The Glock was the only semiautomatic to fail in a recent round of "drop tests," Mr. Pledger said. In those tests, guns were dropped to the floor from waist height to see if the impact caused them to fire.

"In many cases, the Glock pistols will not pass the drop test," he said. "If you drop it exactly right, it can go off."
Sure - as soon as you post the video of you dropping your factory Glock and it firing. Just use a cartridge with the bullet and powder pulled.
Old February 13, 2018, 11:23   #58
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Of course SAFN would omit the source of his quote:

His favorite newspaper, that bastion of Conservative Thinking...The New York Times !

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/15/ny...ose-risks.html

This was all part of the campaign against the adoption of ANY semi auto sidearm by the NYPD in the early 90s.

Now for the record in my opinion Glock type sidearms are an extremely poor choice for the majority of the rank and file Police
First jurisdiction to adopt the G17 series were the St. Paul Police way back in the 80s. The transition was real bad. In less than two years they withdrew them from issue.

The problem was many LEOs could not get their heads around the concept as they were accustomed to DA revolvers or autos like the S&W M39 where they would take up some of the DA trigger travel during the draw.
Whole bunch of SIWs, a number of suspects shot...the lawsuits/settlements went into the multi millions

Glocks are great guns
providing you understand and train on them

NYPD had the same teething issues with their Glocks
that resulted in that crazy heavy New York trigger developed to cut down on the gun going bang when you don't want it to.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 11:33   #59
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
I understand that you are stupid, incompetent, and lazy. I understand that you eschew personal responsibility. I understand that you believe adding a manual safety to a double-action revolver will make it "safer".

Just because you are a fcking moron, doesn't mean everyone else is. ?
this, gentlemen, is what is called an "ad hominem attack". for those of you who do not have 3 years of latin, ad hominem, means "to the man".

this kind of attack is used by those who cannot win an argument through the socratic process, which is what reasonable adults use to resolve conflict. in a socratic process, observable facts are presented for consideration, and a chain of logic based on the facts is created to prove a point. if a superior chain of logic cannot be created to contest the point, the conclusion is agreed upon.

mark seems to be incapable of participating in such a contest, so, instead, responds in a juvenile rage in his moment of incapacity.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Old February 13, 2018, 11:44   #60
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
this, gentlemen, is what is called an "ad hominem attack".
Directed at me

Quote:
buttplumber your level of assholishness is astounding. .. watch the video, stupid... your fragile short dick ego . .. . such a failure . .. marginally functional people like yourself . .. .
Directed at others

Quote:
retarded police admins . . . cheap stupid bastards ...barefooted primitives. . ..
Hypocrite much?
Old February 13, 2018, 12:35   #61
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Quote:
You clean it loaded??In the house?
I treat all firearms like they're loaded,with caution. We don't allow loaded firearms into the deer camp cabin.
I wait for the 15th negligent discharge to clean it. It's a Glock so sometimes it well over a month between cleanings. And yes, I carry loaded in the house quite often.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 12:56   #62
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Are you trying to hint that a 1911 is not the apex of perfection, reliability, and infallibility? Heresy I tell you!

Oh hell yea!

The only safety or mechanism I want on a hand gun, actually any firearm, something to insure it does not go off when dropped, shit happens, but other than that, I want that sucker plain dangerous and sure fire at all times.

I've met a lot of people in my life, where no amount of added on safeties to any firearm would make them safe around firearms, nor, cars, trains, boats, walking down the street, sleeping in their beds, using a hammer, etc.

Dumb asses always find a way to do dumb shit.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 13:17   #63
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
this, gentlemen, is what is called an "ad hominem attack". for those of you who do not have 3 years of latin, ad hominem, means "to the man".

this kind of attack is used by those who cannot win an argument through the socratic process, which is what reasonable adults use to resolve conflict. in a socratic process, observable facts are presented for consideration, and a chain of logic based on the facts is created to prove a point. if a superior chain of logic cannot be created to contest the point, the conclusion is agreed upon.

mark seems to be incapable of participating in such a contest, so, instead, responds in a juvenile rage in his moment of incapacity.
Naw, I don't see it that way

1st off this isn't some philosophy forum. A good share of us speak plainly, you included. When you delve into socratic process you probably should be posting on the Huffington Post, not here.

2nd...there is a class of manlet who actually thinks things have set rules
We have very basic rules here.
Don't be a manlet in discussion

3rd...if you are a sensitive Suzi then just put Mark on ignore
I have told a couple folks to do that, shit I know for a fact there are like 5 that have me on it. No butthurt here whatsoever.
me ?
I don't put folks on ignore, I just ignore them

4th...there is no "contest"
Currently I am debating elements of WWII history with V. While we disagree I don't dislike him. We just enjoy confronting one another.
Gives the old fart's life meaning I guess

just saying, lighten up on the elitely nuanced scolding regarding elocution.
Billy Bob FAL Filer has no shits given.
Old February 13, 2018, 13:23   #64
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Oh hell yea!

The only safety or mechanism I want on a hand gun, actually any firearm, something to insure it does not go off when dropped, shit happens, but other than that, I want that sucker plain dangerous and sure fire at all times.

I've met a lot of people in my life, where no amount of added on safeties to any firearm would make them safe around firearms, nor, cars, trains, boats, walking down the street, sleeping in their beds, using a hammer, etc.

Dumb asses always find a way to do dumb shit.
This, exactly. A moron is a single-point failure for any mechanical safety device. Add three safety devices on a pistol and you still have a single common-mode point of failure. Additional safeties are useless from an engineering standpoint as long as they have a common point of failure and since the moron factor can be eliminated by (drum roll, wait for it ... ) not being a moron then any mechanical safety at all on an intrinsically, passively-safe design is a step in the wrong direction. An answer looking for a problem.

Color me with GP on this one insofar as the Glock action is concerned. I am not overly fond of the damn things but the chance of an uncommanded discharge is simply not one of their faults. Quite the opposite, actually.
Old February 13, 2018, 13:32   #65
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
just saying, lighten up on the elitely nuanced scolding regarding elocution.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Old February 13, 2018, 13:40   #66
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Quote:
...No butthurt here whatsoever...
Old February 13, 2018, 13:46   #67
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
perhaps so GP, just my personal attempt to apply thousand dollar words in a ten dollar debate
Old February 13, 2018, 14:09   #68
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

It's a great word. Just doesn't apply to the written word. Only spoken. It used to be taught. Projection, planned pauses, enunciation, emphasis, tempo, pitch, timbre, etc. It's actually covered in one of my old school primers. The one used on the show "Little House on the Prairie." Perfect example of the devolution of American Education. This middle-school book from the 1880s, would leave most of today's college graduates confused.
Old February 13, 2018, 14:26   #69
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
It's a great word. Just doesn't apply to the written word. Only spoken. It used to be taught. Projection, planned pauses, enunciation, emphasis, tempo, pitch, timbre, etc. It's actually covered in one of my old school primers. The one used on the show "Little House on the Prairie." Perfect example of the devolution of American Education. This middle-school book from the 1880s, would leave most of today's college graduates confused.
Hear ya, I have a fair number of McGuffy's readers from the real old days

Back in the 90s a machine shop professor borrowed my copy of the old Henry Ford Trade School's machine shop training manual and republished it as an intro shop text

You are absolutely correct, as I often state words do mean things
my usage was wrong
Old February 13, 2018, 14:31   #70
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Back in the 90s a machine shop professor borrowed my copy of the old Henry Ford Trade School's machine shop training manual and republished it as an intro shop text
I learned a lot of lathe techniques from a reprint of the Southbend manual, originally published in 1914.
Old February 13, 2018, 15:14   #71
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I learned a lot of lathe techniques from a reprint of the Southbend manual, originally published in 1914.
The Ford Trade School manuals are dumbed down from the old Southbend
Some of the reprints Lindseys used to offer were sourced from original materials I supplied. There are machine manuals, foundry, etc all in Depression language meant to teach country bumpkins

Been collecting this shit for over 20 years
been thinking on taking up where old man Lindsey left us but it sucks to turn an interest into a damn full time job.
Old February 13, 2018, 15:33   #72
justashooter
Registered

i think the butt-plumber would be more familiar with the term alocution.

Old February 13, 2018, 15:39   #73
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
1st off this isn't some philosophy forum. A good share of us speak plainly, you included. When you delve into socratic process you probably should be posting on the Huffington Post, not here.
n.
like mark, you are ignoring my point. i am not debating the ability of the firearm to perform as designed. i am remarking that the design is flawed in that it removes a point of decision from the process.

stay on point.

Old February 13, 2018, 15:42   #74
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
No doubt. I have had the opportunity to thumb through one. So much of that is all but lost today.
Old February 13, 2018, 16:03   #75
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
i think the butt-plumber would be more familiar with the term alocution.
Inasmuch as I can spell allocution correctly, yes.
Old February 13, 2018, 16:13   #76
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
like mark, you are ignoring my point. i am not debating the ability of the firearm to perform as designed. i am remarking that the design is flawed in that it removes a point of decision from the process.

stay on point.
was on point retard...

already noted I find them a poor choice for rank & file LEOs given the utter lack of training to deploy
Old February 13, 2018, 16:22   #77
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
i am remarking that the design is flawed in that it removes a point of decision from the process.

The design is not flawed. The Glock goes bang when the operator pulls the trigger. It does not (and can not) go bang, if the operator does not pull the trigger (indicating an excellent design). Pulling the trigger is SUPPOSED to make the gun go bang. The gun should not go bang when dropped or manipulated in any way short of pulling the trigger. The Glock passes with flying colors.

Your "issue" revolves around your self-doubt and projection of that self-doubt on others. The solution to your lack of confidence in your ability to make a sound shoot/don't shoot decision, is not improved by a piece of hardware. It is improved by training and practice.

Since the Modern Technique of the Pistol, teaches disengaging the manual safety on the draw stroke, upon presentation, your double-action decock is no less likely to go bang upon pulling the trigger, than DAO auto, revolver, or safe-action Glock.

Or are you pointing a gun at someone with the safety on? That would be odd. One should not point a gun at something they are not willing and prepared to destroy. Leaving the safety on, suggests that you are not sure of your willingness to destroy. If that is the case, don't point the gun!

1. The decision that one needs a gun was made before the draw.
2. The decision as to who is the threat, is made before pointing the gun.
3. The decision to put one's finger on the trigger is made as the certainty of the threat validity increases.
4. The decision to press/pull the trigger is made when the validity of the threat is confirmed.

All your wailing falls on step 4. Nothing mechanical affects this decision. Only training.

That others who carry firearms have a poor level of training, is not a point I dispute. Some of the worst gun-handlers I've seen are cops. And they seem to be the most difficult to correct, as they assume (by virtue of carrying a gun for their job) that their level of training is sufficient. Military (particularly Marines) are next, as they have been told how awesome they are, for so long, that they believe it. Getting prior service to put their egos away and learn what they don't know, is tough. I know. I was one. And I thought I was the shit. Until I learned more technical shooting in a 3 day class than I had learned in Special Operations Infantry.

So yeah - people who carry guns need more training. There is no such thing as "too much training and practice". And it is a perishable skill.

All of which is secondary to your assertion that a Glock is by design "unsafe" because YOU are incompetent and believe a manual safety will protect you from yourself.

Last edited by gunplumber; February 13, 2018 at 16:33.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 17:04   #78
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
The design is not flawed. The Glock goes bang when the operator pulls the trigger. It does not (and can not) go bang, if the operator does not pull the trigger (indicating an excellent design). Pulling the trigger is SUPPOSED to make the gun go bang. The gun should not go bang when dropped or manipulated in any way short of pulling the trigger. The Glock passes with flying colors.

Your "issue" revolves around your self-doubt and projection of that self-doubt on others. The solution to your lack of confidence in your ability to make a sound shoot/don't shoot decision, is not improved by a piece of hardware. It is improved by training and practice.

Since the Modern Technique of the Pistol, teaches disengaging the manual safety on the draw stroke, upon presentation, your double-action decock is no less likely to go bang upon pulling the trigger, than DAO auto, revolver, or safe-action Glock.

Or are you pointing a gun at someone with the safety on? That would be odd. One should not point a gun at something they are not willing and prepared to destroy. Leaving the safety on, suggests that you are not sure of your willingness to destroy. If that is the case, don't point the gun!

1. The decision that one needs a gun was made before the draw.
2. The decision as to who is the threat, is made before pointing the gun.
3. The decision to put one's finger on the trigger is made as the certainty of the threat validity increases.
4. The decision to press/pull the trigger is made when the validity of the threat is confirmed.

All your wailing falls on step 4. Nothing mechanical affects this decision. Only training.

That others who carry firearms have a poor level of training, is not a point I dispute. Some of the worst gun-handlers I've seen are cops. And they seem to be the most difficult to correct, as they assume (by virtue of carrying a gun for their job) that their level of training is sufficient. Military (particularly Marines) are next, as they have been told how awesome they are, for so long, that they believe it. Getting prior service to put their egos away and learn what they don't know, is tough. I know. I was one. And I thought I was the shit. Until I learned more technical shooting in a 3 day class than I had learned in Special Operations Infantry.

So yeah - people who carry guns need more training. There is no such thing as "too much training and practice". And it is a perishable skill.

All of which is secondary to your assertion that a Glock is by design "unsafe" because YOU are incompetent and believe a manual safety will protect you from yourself.
yeah no John Wick
not riding a bike folks
to maintain competency figure a minimum of 50 rounds monthly
I used to be 500+ a month starting in junior high school
some AR, mostly 1911

I'm not John Wick any more
gun is still an extension of my hand, just don't control it like I used to
then again, I have not been to the range in well over a year
Old February 13, 2018, 19:35   #79
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronF View Post
I wait for the 15th negligent discharge to clean it. It's a Glock so sometimes it well over a month between cleanings. And yes, I carry loaded in the house quite often.
Your house,your rules....
In this case,the cop obviously let down his guard enough that a child could gain access to his firearm,even though holstered. I maintain my distance from cops.Their "safe zone". I tell my kids the same thing. If the cop has to bolt off to a call or something,leave them room to maneuver,and not plug their path. And they don't like people playing with their toys without consent.
Had the cop cleared the barrel before going into the school,and say the kid still touched his piece,would anything have happened? Would we hear about it?
Something went boom,and that makes the news. Let's not make the news.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 19:52   #80
Herr Walther
Registered

FALaholic #: 11681
Quote:
Since striker fired pistols are always about half cocked, striker preloaded, with all the different trigger bars, and firing pin safety stop springs and mods to lighten trigger pulls, especially with mix and match parts, I wouldn't put too much trust in them not going off if dropped.

Especially when there are warnings on the firing pin safety springs. "Warning: Reduced Power spring is for competition use only - not for duty use."
That is inaccurate.

The Walther P99 in a decocked condition has the striker fully decocked and in a double action mode. The only striker fired DA/SA pistol that I'm aware of that is not a knock off or copy from Turkey or some other third world shithole.
Old February 13, 2018, 19:54   #81
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
He should have more aware of his smoke wagon. I watch cops come in and look at all that shit they carry around on their belt these days and just scratch my head. Hell with pepper spray, a taser, spare mags, hand cuffs what could go wrong. I don’t think a cop should be issued a particular gun like a glock till he’s proved proficiency with more basic designs. After listening to people like WEG and the firearms debacles he shares, shit many shouldn’t have one in the tube. Stricker fired pistols are for the highly competent. I don’t like them per se because the AD shit can happen fumbling with it in a drawer at night. I have the 320 and you may shoot your dick off stuffing it into a backpack. It doesn’t have the trigger thingy.
My favorites are DA/SA Sigs

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.

Last edited by meltblown; February 13, 2018 at 20:04.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 19:58   #82
ByronF
Registered

FALaholic #: 630
Quote:
Your house,your rules....
In this case,the cop obviously let down his guard enough that a child could gain access to his firearm,even though holstered. I maintain my distance from cops.Their "safe zone". I tell my kids the same thing. If the cop has to bolt off to a call or something,leave them room to maneuver,and not plug their path. And they don't like people playing with their toys without consent.
Had the cop cleared the barrel before going into the school,and say the kid still touched his piece,would anything have happened? Would we hear about it?
Something went boom,and that makes the news. Let's not make the news.
Had he needed to use the pistol and tried to defend the school with an "empty pipe" he would have also made news. If one needs to carry a pistol, make it a pistol worth carrying. That means one ready to perform its intended purpose.

I'm helping my boy with a word search so must go. I have a Glock open-carry on my hip. Family isn't freaked by the presence of a pistol.
ByronF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 20:03   #83
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Walther View Post
That is inaccurate.

The Walther P99 in a decocked condition has the striker fully decocked and in a double action mode. The only striker fired DA/SA pistol that I'm aware of that is not a knock off or copy from Turkey or some other third world shithole.
Hey it's SAFaggotN
Same homo who claimed anyone who turned a barrel on a home lathe for their own gun had to have ITAR licensure.

Fool became a laughing stock across the web among home builders
Old February 13, 2018, 20:21   #84
Aeroscout
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 67625
Post #77 is a mic drop. Nothing else to be said. Nothing personal towards anyone, that is just the plain and simple truth of the matter. Full stop.

Last edited by Aeroscout; February 13, 2018 at 20:36.
Aeroscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 21:05   #85
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscout View Post
Post #77 is a mic drop. Nothing else to be said. Nothing personal towards anyone, that is just the plain and simple truth of the matter. Full stop...
Yup!!! Train with your gun or don't carry it and Marines are awesome!!!
Old February 13, 2018, 21:47   #86
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscout View Post
Post #77 is a mic drop. Nothing else to be said. Nothing personal towards anyone, that is just the plain and simple truth of the matter. Full stop.

BS, anyone carrying a mic around is a poser....

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 21:50   #87
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
BS, anyone carrying a mic around is a poser....
Hey !

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 22:02   #88
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Hey !

I thought carry around a mick was too expensive at the bars

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2018, 22:18   #89
Aeroscout
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 67625
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
I thought carry around a mick was too expensive at the bars
Not if you bring the Mick's sister.....I heard something around here about free drinks and boarding.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423620
Old February 13, 2018, 22:25   #90
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Having three safeties on a hand gun is like wearing three rubbers with ya wife.

If ya believe the need for three is justified to keep you safe, then you don't need the wife or a handgun.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2018, 01:36   #91
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Hey !

Never saw a real machinist with a 1 inch micrometer that wasn't a tenth micrometer.

Might as well use dial calipers.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2018, 12:30   #92
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
That others who carry firearms have a poor level of training, is not a point I dispute. Some of the worst gun-handlers I've seen are cops.

again, you miss the point. i carry a tokarev cocked and not locked, because i know it is safe for me. the point i am making, and that you are conceding, is that the glock is not suitable for poorly trained people. it allows them to have a less than conscious result, when they, above all others, should be acutely conscious of what they are doing, as they are doing it to people who are often not deserving:

case in point:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lis/487142001/

tell it to this dead woman, and to the guy she was set to marry

Old February 14, 2018, 12:57   #93
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
the glock is not suitable for poorly trained people
Get a grip, man.
If you can't wrap your head around the fact that a Glock will "go bang" when you pull the trigger, you probably shouldn't carry ANY gun.

And BTW...enough already...
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"
base704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2018, 13:04   #94
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
blah blah blah
Cop draws his weapon, points it at a woman, and pulls the trigger. Gun goes bang. Woman dies.

Gun's fault.

A Minneapolis police officer on the force since March 2015, Mohamed Noor, has been identified as one who pulled the trigger,

Isn't pulling the trigger supposed to make the gun go bang? Maybe I missed the part where the gun's defective design made it leap from the holster, aim itself at a woman, and fire - all without any human involvement.

As I said in my first post (we have now come full circle). Your level of stupid is astounding.

BTW, NO GUN is suitable for poorly trained people.
Old February 14, 2018, 13:06   #95
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Never saw a real machinist with a 1 inch micrometer that wasn't a tenth micrometer.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2018, 16:08   #96
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote