A bit too far for me to travel.
Peachy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2013, 17:12   #52
Bruce Allen
Registered

FALaholic #: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post
Why on earth would you do such a thing?!?!?!?
The typical answer: I needed the money. I was finishing a remodel of a house we inherited and ran out of money. Eventually had to sell most of what I had in 2005, sadly. The carbine I still have is my favorite and is easily accurate enough for combat shooting.

Stimpy: your grief is noted.. hehehehhe.
Old March 25, 2013, 23:14   #53
Padrach
Registered

FALaholic #: 69718
Day-um...
I wish I'da seen this stuff a month or so back. Looks like loads of fun! (And not toooo terribly far from home, 3 or so hours)
You guys'll be doing this again around this time next year? If so, I guess I'll have to actually figure out how to handle aperture sights, so's I don't fully embarrass myself if I come!
Padrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2013, 09:38   #54
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Don't let that stop you from coming. Bring your rifle, ammo, and mags -plenty of mags, and have some fun. This match is the great equalizer. Those with a lot of experience and those with none have an even chance of doing well. If you have questions we'll answer them. If you need guidance, we'll show you how and walk you through it.

This match is not about the competition, it is about shooting FAL's and having fun. And that's what we do.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. USAF

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2013, 09:44   #55
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
If you need ammo, I will sell you a battlepack of SA for $100. Or if you really want to go cheap, I have VZ corrosive for $35/100. But only at the match!
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2013, 10:31   #56
Otis Treekiller
Registered

FALaholic #: 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrach View Post
Day-um...
I wish I'da seen this stuff a month or so back. Looks like loads of fun! (And not toooo terribly far from home, 3 or so hours)
You guys'll be doing this again around this time next year? If so, I guess I'll have to actually figure out how to handle aperture sights, so's I don't fully embarrass myself if I come!
Have you shot moses' steel plate match at Charlotte? Not strictly for fals and no running, but alot of the same people and bunch of fun, plus it happens four times a year!

Harry Cooper was right!
Otis Treekiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2013, 16:46   #57
Padrach
Registered

FALaholic #: 69718
Haha, I guess I'll have to come, then. Should be able to work it into my Easter weekend plans.
Hagar, that would cover one of my concerns, thanks man! I only have about 100 rounds worth of powder left for my reloads. (By-the-by, is it a reasonable expectation to recover some of our brass?)

Otis, I have not tried Moses' steel yet. (Actually never even heard of those matches!) I'm relatively new to the 'modern-sport-rifle'/FAL community, and to the area. Could you provide some more info?
Padrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2013, 18:07   #58
Otis Treekiller
Registered

FALaholic #: 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrach View Post

Otis, I have not tried Moses' steel yet. (Actually never even heard of those matches!) I'm relatively new to the 'modern-sport-rifle'/FAL community, and to the area. Could you provide some more info?
Here's a link to thread on last match. Next match is May 26th.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347978

Harry Cooper was right!
Otis Treekiller is online now   Reply With Quote