Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
WTB: BGS parts

I want to buy:

1. BGS hand guards (no horseshoe)

2. BGS pistol grip (wood)

3. BGS carry handle (wood)

Please help me, Brethren - I'm trying to finish up my dad's rifle before the Oregon FAL Shoot. This is dad holding the *almost* finished rifle...

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 05:39   #2
Flypaper
Craftsman
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
If you want one of my carry handle and pistol grips, it’s yours.... gratis.

Shoot me a PM with your email and I’ll send you some pictures to choose from.
Flypaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 05:52   #3
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
^^^

Also, excellent picture of Dad!
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 05:54   #4
Flypaper
Craftsman
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
I must be getting that Father’s Day love.
Flypaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 06:28   #5
imacoonass01
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
Dang! I should have waited.
Old June 13, 2018, 07:22   #6
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
I've got an original carry handle for the Ranger. That way fly doesn't have to be out for both--we can share the love. PM me with your address and I will get it out ASAP.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 12:32   #7
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
Fly! I want - thanks a ton! I don't need it gratis. Happy to pay. PM incoming.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old June 13, 2018, 12:33   #8
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
I've got an original carry handle for the Ranger. That way fly doesn't have to be out for both--we can share the love. PM me with your address and I will get it out ASAP.
mp - super cool, thanks a ton. PM incoming. Let's talk about what I can send your way, too.
Old June 13, 2018, 12:45   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
^^^

Also, excellent picture of Dad!
Thanks!

Dad is pretty fit and still super sharp. Turns 75 this year, so he's a good example to kids and grandkids. Over to his left is the 1972 FJ40 that he is helping my son, Jonathan restore.

How cool is it when granddad's teach grandsons things like:

quality of work
welding
metal fab = including sheet metal stamping for replacement body parts (rust)
drilling out broken screws and tapping
lathe work

now they're doing body work and getting ready to paint.

He's a great father and a great grandfather. He lived in West Berlin right after the wall went up, and I've bought him a BGS pistol and a BGS motorcycle jacket before. This rifle has been an ongoing effort to get a near-correct rifle. The lower, bolt, carrier, and flash hider all match numbers. Like everyone here, I hate the people scumbags at ATF who reinterpreted for cutting barrels up - as if the receiver thing weren't bad enough.
Old June 13, 2018, 13:36   #10
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

I'm not the first to say it, and I won't be the last, but I'll say again that the FAL Files membership is full of some really fantastic people.

Thanks, Gents, for the help!
Old June 13, 2018, 14:42   #11
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Do you have a pic of how to identify BGS handguards? I may have some, and if I do they're yours (Greg's).
Old June 13, 2018, 14:53   #12
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39856
I may have a set of hgs as well....I finish up late tomorrow night...
Old June 13, 2018, 15:25   #13
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62175
My garage used to look like that until I got married....
Graham
Tx
Grahamneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2018, 22:16   #14
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post
Do you have a pic of how to identify BGS handguards? I may have some, and if I do they're yours (Greg's).
Hey, friend -

I got a PM and jumped on them. I'm GTG.

Thanks a ton.

FYI, BGS guards look just like the G1 and the Steyr guards except they don't have the "horseshoe" connecting the first and third (top and bottom) ribs.

I just (gladly) paid $100 shipped, so if you have them and aren't in love, someone here on the board wants them.
Old June 13, 2018, 22:19   #15
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by embatp View Post
I may have a set of hgs as well....I finish up late tomorrow night...
Terry - thanks a ton! I've bought a set, so I'm GTG. I really appreciate it.
Old June 13, 2018, 22:49   #16
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamneall View Post
My garage used to look like that until I got married....
Graham
Tx
My dad's garage has looked like that since I was born.

He's an EE, so he's got The Sickness. I've eaten food off the floor of his shop on more than one occasion when something drops or spills.
Old June 14, 2018, 23:52   #17
Lee Carpentieri
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4936
Food hitting the Floor

It's normally the 5 second rule. Hits the floor and you have 5 seconds to pick it up and eat it.