Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AK Files

Notices

Old February 07, 2019, 13:00   #1
RJCapt
Registered

FALaholic #: 12442
Galil 308 barrel???

Anyone know where to get one?

I just picked up another kit and torttort makes a receiver with the 308 bolt. However my Google fu has failed me in finding a barrel. I donít ďneedĒ another 5.56 galil, but Iíll build it that way if necessary.

I guess magazines will be my next hurdle...I read something about converting M14 mags but didnít find a bunch of info. Anywho tia

Pete
RJCapt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2019, 23:37   #2
mullicrk
Registered

FALaholic #: 75665
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCapt View Post
Anyone know where to get one?

I just picked up another kit and torttort makes a receiver with the 308 bolt. However my Google fu has failed me in finding a barrel. I donít ďneedĒ another 5.56 galil, but Iíll build it that way if necessary.

I guess magazines will be my next hurdle...I read something about converting M14 mags but didnít find a bunch of info. Anywho tia

Pete
You can search Gobroker for a barrel or contact Jeff Miller at Hillbilly Firearms for a custom 308 barrel. I have some 308 barrels but Im either keeping them or trading for hard to find Galil stuff.

As far as mags? Cspecs just made a 25 round mag that works great...I believe they are around $60

Also CDNN has the 12 round IMI mags for $20, most of the ones I got have a round limiter in them, the mag has the skunk stripe

Then if your cheap, promag has made the m14 type conversion and they go for about 25-40 bucks

Finally be weary of buying supposed IMI mags when they are actually the later produced IWI mags for the ACE 308. They look very similar but the mag will not fit in the traditional magwell IMI made for the 308.

Take Care and happy building
mullicrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 06:11   #3
RJCapt
Registered

FALaholic #: 12442
Thanks for the information.

Just checked and they are out of stock on the 308 bolts...looks like it will be another 223.

Pete
RJCapt is online now   Reply With Quote