The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2019, 17:40   #1
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,530
NYS AR options

https://www.meanarms.com/products/de...oader-for-ar15

If one was to install the permanent mag lock, it makes the AR NYS compliant.

You need a drill press or a Mill to drill out the mag lock bolt, as the head breaks off the installing bolt.

What good is this deal,if you have to break open the gun to reload it?

Watch the vendors video on the side loader. It inserts into the ejection port, (with a guide or without), and loads 10 rounds about as fast as a mag drop.

Of course you need a few of those loaded stripper mechanisms, but what the hell, anything that burns our Governors ass is worth buying.

An XM177E2 marked 80% can be had or other notorious logos.
All legal, all evil features can be installed because of the fixed mag and fast reload ability.

MY FAL mag blockers purchased on this form also allow the same thing as long as I use stripper clips thru the half top cover.

We in NYS are now coming up for air.

I have noticed that most Assault weapons, including the H&K lineup, also have mag locks now available, but would need a side loader stripper clip too.

American ingenuity on display.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2019, 18:32   #2
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
https://www.meanarms.com/products/de...oader-for-ar15

If one was to install the permanent mag lock, it makes the AR NYS compliant.

You need a drill press or a Mill to drill out the mag lock bolt, as the head breaks off the installing bolt.

What good is this deal,if you have to break open the gun to reload it?

Watch the vendors video on the side loader. It inserts into the ejection port, (with a guide or without), and loads 10 rounds about as fast as a mag drop.

Of course you need a few of those loaded stripper mechanisms, but what the hell, anything that burns our Governors ass is worth buying.

An XM177E2 marked 80% can be had or other notorious logos.
All legal, all evil features can be installed because of the fixed mag and fast reload ability.

MY FAL mag blockers purchased on this form also allow the same thing as long as I use stripper clips thru the half top cover.

We in NYS are now coming up for air.

I have noticed that most Assault weapons, including the H&K lineup, also have mag locks now available, but would need a side loader stripper clip too.

American ingenuity on display.
Or American sheepish compliance to authority...

Take your pick...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2019, 20:49   #3
mrbieler
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
mrbieler's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 29047
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 362
I don't see why anyone would lock up an AR with the very decent featureless options out there. The FAL is limited by it's design in these states. The AR is not nearly as much. Drop you magazines as intended.

The folks with the locks are putting aesthetics over malfunction safety and functionality.
__________________
- Jeff

The reason we're all here is that we're not all there.
mrbieler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 02:23   #4
Illurian00
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 28599
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/flightlite_scr/
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 13:10   #5
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,530
My NYS legal AR10 has a Thordsen stock and an unthreaded 20" DPMS bbl.
It looks pretty tactical, with scope and all, but I miss the flash hider.

The Thordsen is ok but having a normal appearing AR is better.

With this fixed mag setup, I can use an 80% engraved receiver to build a legal full featured, MK12, XM177E2, M4, AR 15 or 10, etc, AND IT IS FAST TO RELOAD!

I never see AR's at the range in NYS anymore unless they are defanged and compliant.
Too much paranoia for most guys to bring their secret stash out in public.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 15:21   #6
Abominog
Registered
 
Abominog's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 372
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Guadalcanal
Posts: 9,656
A Troy pump has all the features and will be faster over the course of 100 rounds.
__________________
Author, The FN FAL Primer: The Collector's Guide to the FAL and SLR Rifles
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 15:31   #7
hydrotx
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 37
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Wandering around.
Posts: 1,462
Iíve heard that some folks in the land of dictator cuomo run a tier 5 bolt catch. Or so Iíve heard.
__________________
"The drinking will continue until morale improves"
hydrotx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 19:35   #8
Abominog
Registered
 
Abominog's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 372
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Guadalcanal
Posts: 9,656
The key part of a rifle is the operator. Knowing how to instinctively change mags is of utmost importance, and not far behind is how to clear failures. With a fixed mag, none of this can be practiced. The only reason for a fixed mag is to retain parts on a collectible.
__________________
Author, The FN FAL Primer: The Collector's Guide to the FAL and SLR Rifles
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 20:08   #9
Illurian00
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 28599
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
My NYS legal AR10 has a Thordsen stock and an unthreaded 20" DPMS bbl.
It looks pretty tactical, with scope and all, but I miss the flash hider.

The Thordsen is ok but having a normal appearing AR is better.

With this fixed mag setup, I can use an 80% engraved receiver to build a legal full featured, MK12, XM177E2, M4, AR 15 or 10, etc, AND IT IS FAST TO RELOAD!

I never see AR's at the range in NYS anymore unless they are defanged and compliant.
Too much paranoia for most guys to bring their secret stash out in public.
I tried a Thordsen w/ a 20'' bbl. in 5.56. Very front heavy w/ no way to balance. Awkward, unwieldly, ungainly.
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 06:28   #10
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
hueyville's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74557
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains
Posts: 6,198
Bought a double handful of those MA Loaders already and will likely buy more till a better loading widget comes out. Figure having in hand already will beat the rush if an Executive Order was signed or the Demo got hold of the Georgia government. If a national high cap or fixed mag law was enacted these things would go up 4x in price with a year wait list in matter of days. Like the $100 per unit added to binary triggers after Las Vegas shooting.
__________________
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 06:48   #11
2barearms
I really donít hate you
Bronze Contributor
 
2barearms's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 13866
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere in Amerika
Posts: 15,605
So Andrew Mussolini the tyrant dictator hasnít yet felt the rath of sane folks
In NYS....
__________________
"Owning a Firearm doesn't make you Armed any more than owning a Guitar makes you a Musician"

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stšrker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 11:17   #12
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
hueyville's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74557
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains
Posts: 6,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
So Andrew Mussolini the tyrant dictator hasnít yet felt the rath of sane folks
In NYS....
Only issue with law abiding gun owners, none want to go to prison and loose the right to own firearms once released. Only people like John Hinckley that shoot conservative presidents get such options. I wonder why some gun freak diagnosed with terminal cancer would clean house before got past point of being healed.
__________________
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 14:18   #13
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 17,530
Those "MA" loaders, as Huey pointed out, ARE NOT LIMITED TO SAFE ACT GUNS. Any AR can use them.

Those loaders can hold 20 rounds and will load up any AR.....FAST.

Of course, maybe people like loading mags by hand.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 16:48   #14
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Those "MA" loaders, as Huey pointed out, ARE NOT LIMITED TO SAFE ACT GUNS. Any AR can use them.

Those loaders can hold 20 rounds and will load up any AR.....FAST.

Of course, maybe people like loading mags by hand.
Of course, that's the whole point of detachable mags.

You can load a bunch up and then shoot them.

And AR mags are easy to load by hand...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 21:22   #15
D P Six
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 15219
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,578
I truly feel for shooters/gun people in NY (and surrounding areas). However Northern immigration has forever changed Florida politically. Going south of Gainesville, FL is like entering the 6th borough of NYC. Demographics in the not so distant future may end Florida's claim as a gun friendly state.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 21:25   #16
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
I truly feel for shooters/gun people in NY (and surrounding areas). However Northern immigration has forever changed Florida politically. Going south of Gainesville, FL is like entering the 6th borough of NYC. Demographics in the not so distant future may end Florida's claim as a gun friendly state.
As it is well along the path of accomplishing in Colorado.

And I am from New York State...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019, 16:26   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
hueyville's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74557
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains
Posts: 6,198
I am slowly piling them up in the event fixed mags or bullet buttons or worse devices are legislated everywhere. Say a single Executive Order passed laws similar or worse than California laws and banned these "speed loaders" from further manufacture? The man who thought he lived in a free state may have to pay a few hundred bucks each for these nifty little loaders if able to buy at any price. I look at potential legislation and then take action to put myself in a better situation before it could migrate to the Bible Belt. Worst case is when Cali bans new manufacture and sales requiring new ones sold out of state to be stamped "not for use in Cali" can sell mine on left coast at about any price name. Otherwise if fixed mags go national will have enough stashed would be glad I did.
__________________
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2019, 05:19   #18
Insider
Registered
 
Insider's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1183
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: central florida
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
I truly feel for shooters/gun people in NY (and surrounding areas). However Northern immigration has forever changed Florida politically. Going south of Gainesville, FL is like entering the 6th borough of NYC. Demographics in the not so distant future may end Florida's claim as a gun friendly state.
You mean Orlando, South don't you?
__________________
I like guns and coffee!
Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2019, 12:57   #19
D P Six
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 15219
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
You mean Orlando, South don't you?
Been to Ocala lately?
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files