The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Old July 30, 2013, 09:21   #1
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
CDI...Gary Cole

Tell ya what, I contacted CDI to look for a FN High Power, and not having a ton of knowlege on them I was pleasently surprised..Dealt with a super nice girl on the phone who took all my info(Good Lord beautiful Southern Kentucky accent)lol....anyway, i ditn get her name but she was great to deal with and even called Gary to tell him what i was looking for...Well, Gary called me back and we actually discussed what i was looking for and he was kind enough to explain stuff and walk me thru it..What a great guy. My pistol arrived in 2 days and let me tell you, I COULDNT BE HAPPIER...Better than expected and I was thrilled..So big plus for CDI and Gary Cole and I will for sure be ordering from them again..Great service goes a long way with me..
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2013, 18:01   #2
jacmec
Registered

FALaholic #: 41957
+1
Bought a Kareen HP from him over GB a few months ago. Came in better than described. Did have an issue with the sear not engaging the safety. Had me send it back to him on his dime and gave me an extra mag. Top notch vendor!
Old September 27, 2013, 09:47   #3
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I agree. I bought one of his ex-Israeli HPs a couple weeks back. It was advertised as in excellent shape and with an excellent bore. He wasn't kidding. A buddy could hardly believe it was a used gun, saying he had bought brand-new pistols that looked worse. The service was great too, and I guess I spoke with the same young lady when I called to arrange payment. I'll try to post some pics before long.

I will be removing the magazine safety however. The trigger is just gritty as hell with that in it. Although the GunBroker ads say they ship with a 10 round mag, mine came in with a new Mec-Gar 13 rounder.
Gary

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2013, 14:27   #4
GreenGiant
Registered

FALaholic #: 63187
I bought a very nice FEG Hi-Power from him some months back via GB. I recently was telling someone else that they should look at Gary for a nice Hi Power but it seems as if his site is down. Going to http://www.coledist.com/ gives an Invalid Hostname error and I haven't had any luck seeing him on GB ( he did business there as C.D.I IIRC. Does anyone have info on whether or not he is still around?

Thanks,
Tony
GreenGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 06, 2013, 21:25   #5
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider991 View Post
Tell ya what, I contacted CDI to look for a FN High Power, and not having a ton of knowlege on them I was pleasently surprised..Dealt with a super nice girl on the phone who took all my info(Good Lord beautiful Southern Kentucky accent)lol....anyway, i ditn get her name but she was great to deal with and even called Gary to tell him what i was looking for...Well, Gary called me back and we actually discussed what i was looking for and he was kind enough to explain stuff and walk me thru it..What a great guy. My pistol arrived in 2 days and let me tell you, I COULDNT BE HAPPIER...Better than expected and I was thrilled..So big plus for CDI and Gary Cole and I will for sure be ordering from them again..Great service goes a long way with me..
Yeah! Isn't it really great how girls who give great phone stick in your head?

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013, 04:10   #6
Z09SS
Registered

FALaholic #: 38671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGiant View Post
I bought a very nice FEG Hi-Power from him some months back via GB. I recently was telling someone else that they should look at Gary for a nice Hi Power but it seems as if his site is down. Going to http://www.coledist.com/ gives an Invalid Hostname error and I haven't had any luck seeing him on GB ( he did business there as C.D.I IIRC. Does anyone have info on whether or not he is still around?

Thanks,
Tony
He's still on Gunbroker. I just won an auction for an HP.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...ellers=2621012

That link SHOULD take you to his vendor page on GunBroker.
Z09SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2013, 21:15   #7
spider991
Registered

Ya he still has a couple i want for sure......great dude to deal with......and Jax, yessss, i agree.
Old November 23, 2013, 21:17   #8
spider991
Registered

Shoot, thinking about picking up one Of the FEGs...cant beat the price..need to read up on them, not even sure if they will use the hi power mags.
Old November 26, 2013, 05:17   #9
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider991 View Post
Shoot, thinking about picking up one Of the FEGs...cant beat the price..need to read up on them, not even sure if they will use the hi power mags.
Some do; some don't. This is more than worth the 99 and the fastest way to do your research:

http://www.amazon.com/DECODING-THE-F...e+FEG+Hi+Power
Old December 01, 2013, 00:02   #10
spider991
Registered

I've heard of that before. ..might have to order it. .thanks