The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old September 10, 2017, 06:06   #301
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant W View Post
tdb59,
Bud a lot of these fellows go read my add and get all confused, the claims are those of our customers. Our rifle is Sub MOA in the right hands. Doesn't mean any of these fellows could ever do that with one.
Wouldn't strapping the rifle onto a sled eliminate the human from the equation?
Old September 10, 2017, 07:18   #302
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
WTF, what doesn't everybody understand, he said No! Don't like it then don't buy his firearms! You dumb fuks are taking it personally! Trash him all you want, the dude has his standards and it doesn't include you!
Standards?They guy is claiming accuracy not typically associated with the FN FAL design,and when guys with a shit-ton more knowledge on the design than I have are questioning the claims,it does kinda beg the question,why won't he prove the claim? Kinda like the guys claiming to have a dead Bigfoot in their freezer. Okay,a chimp,I might believe. Especially when it's something he's trying to sell.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 07:30   #303
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Damn 302 posts on this thread and no one banned yet. Must be a miracle.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 09:07   #304
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Standards?They guy is claiming accuracy not typically associated with the FN FAL design,and when guys with a shit-ton more knowledge on the design than I have are questioning the claims,it does kinda beg the question,why won't he prove the claim? Kinda like the guys claiming to have a dead Bigfoot in their freezer. Okay,a chimp,I might believe. Especially when it's something he's trying to sell.

It's a phenomenon associated with mythical things like unicorns. Some time back during the American Dark Ages there were a couple guys one in particular that were turning slow speed CS6 Lister Diesels into these amazing power houses that would run continually for 100k hours. These of course are engines from a bigone era that are interesting and useful but are never going to be super stars running generators. And about every 6 months someone on the board would find his website and post all the amazing stuff they'd just discovered only to have the folks who know shoot it out of the sky.

It used to be that you should be that you believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Now it seems that it relates to most of what you read.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 11:59   #305
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
It's a phenomenon associated with mythical things like unicorns. Some time back during the American Dark Ages there were a couple guys one in particular that were turning slow speed CS6 Lister Diesels into these amazing power houses that would run continually for 100k hours. These of course are engines from a bigone era that are interesting and useful but are never going to be super stars running generators. And about every 6 months someone on the board would find his website and post all the amazing stuff they'd just discovered only to have the folks who know shoot it out of the sky.

It used to be that you should be that you believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Now it seems that it relates to most of what you read.
This reminds me of the fellow that sells the worlds finest coat hanger, will hold up to 200 pounds, can be fasten anywhere, easily transported, so ya can take it with you when you move, and its guaranteed for life!

One for 19.95, but with a one day special of 2 for 19.95 with free shipping.

Of course when ya get your super duper coat hanger, it's simply a 16D common nail.
Old September 10, 2017, 11:59   #306
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
This meme is not protected intellectual property. Feel free to copy and paste as needed/desired.

[IMG][/IMG]

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. USAF

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 12:34   #307
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
This reminds me of the fellow that sells the worlds finest coat hanger, will hold up to 200 pounds, can be fasten anywhere, easily transported, so ya can take it with you when you move, and its guaranteed for life!

One for 19.95, but with a one day special of 2 for 19.95 with free shipping.

Of course when ya get your super duper coat hanger, it's simply a 16D common nail.
There is only one issue with the hanger....if after giving
you the price for one they don't say ' but wait' it's not
an official deal.......

Old September 10, 2017, 13:47   #308
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Was the nail melonited?
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 13:49   #309
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Was the nail melonited?
That would cost ya an extra 2000.00!
Old September 10, 2017, 14:21   #310
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
That would cost ya an extra 2000.00!
You are overlooking the fact that you would get
2 for that price...ijs

It does have lazier like accuracy ��

Old September 10, 2017, 14:40   #311
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
You are overlooking the fact that you would get
2 for that price...ijs

It does have lazier like accuracy ��
Forgot about that, might need to adjust tha price a little, say 500.00????
And it is self centering.
Old September 10, 2017, 22:17   #312
baker72
Registered

FALaholic #: 28156
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant W View Post
The closest tasting burger to an Aussie Burger is available at In N Out, I think it might be that they toast their buns. Aussie burgers are actually good for you cause they real food no spoog. They've got bacon, eggs, beetroot, tomatoes, Onions and Lettuce, pineapple to for those who like it. I do. they are great. used eat 3 every lunchtime.
In and out IN and out how dare you sir well its ok! I mean it's better than the poo burgers Micky D ,burger slut ,jack in the crack etc 5 guys kills in and out ,my fav at the moment is The Habit very very good

As for this thread I think its hard to have a constructive civil discussion about anything with any outcome when these threads have all started with bashing. now G man and Ant probably would get along hell might even be mates under different circumstances say some beer, cricket on the tele after some target shooting. could this have gone better I reckon so , maybe something along the lines of , Sub moa L1A1 on GB guy lives me I'm going to investigate .( see I'm a dirty cooper and that's what we do) <--- I'm joking mate

I get it Ant has 3 left its not like there are anymore receivers or barrels coming down the line . if I'm Ant why would I take the time and money to build a sled to prove an issue that would not be believed either way and that would not result in any further sales. from what ive seen he would then be accused of cheating or lying and of course full of shit.

when you have people calling you a liar or worse Before even talking to you or asking you any questions how would YOU react . No its been a personal attack right of the bat. so why he would not want to meet up and have those very same people shoot his rifle is beyond me that sounds like a hoot!
I mean one person is comparing his ad to a goddam big foot in the fridge , that's where beer goes , not a big foot.

lol for f&*k sake if I were him I wouldn't piss on half of you lot ( the bashers)if you were on fire. I was attacked for simply posting his response.

on the other hand I can see why people want to see if his rifles can shoot that well..

someone will post but but he says sub moa but but But nothing if he said no thanks and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Cheers Will

Last edited by baker72; September 11, 2017 at 16:26.
baker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2017, 06:49   #313
aussiedave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7307
calling Bullshite on eating 3 burgers with the lot for lunch, 1 yes, 2 possiably if you are some fat houseo pig but 3 is over 3000cal, he would be 350lb. more BS from antW..
Old September 11, 2017, 07:03   #314
ActionYobbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 32542
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
calling Bullshite on eating 3 burgers with the lot for lunch, 1 yes, 2 possiably if you are some fat houseo pig but 3 is over 3000cal, he would be 350lb. more BS from antW..
It was normal for me to eat 2 with the lot and a chocolate milk for lunch a few times a week so you must be a light weight when it comes to eating. I have been 200 pounds for 30+ years. Went to the sun burnt cow in NY and ate 3 a few times. If you have not been to the sun burnt cow you need to make a trip there
Old September 11, 2017, 09:40   #315
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker72 View Post
In and out IN and out how dare you sir well its ok! I mean it's better than the poo burgers Micky D ,burger slut ,jack in the crack etc 5 guys kills in and out ,my fav at the moment is The Habit very very good

As for this thread I think its hard to have a constructive civil discussion about anything with and out come when these threads have all started with bashing. now G man and Ant probably would get along hell might even be mates under different circumstances say some beer, cricket on the tele after some target shooting. could this have gone better I reckon so , maybe something along the lines of , Sub moa L1A1 on GB guy lives me I'm going to investigate .( see I'm a dirty cooper and that's what we do) <--- I'm joking mate

I get it Ant has 3 left its not like there are anymore receivers or barrels coming down the line . if I'm Ant why would I take the time and money to build a sled to prove an issue that would not be believed either way and that would not result in any further sales. from what ive seen he would then be accused of cheating or lying and of course full of shit.

when you have people calling you a liar or worse Before even talking to you or asking you any questions how would YOU react . No its been a personal attack right of the bat. so why he would not want to meet up and have those very same people shoot his rifle is beyond me that sounds like a hoot!
I mean one person is comparing his ad to a goddam big foot in the fridge , that's where beer goes , not a big foot.

lol for f&*k sake if I were him I wouldn't piss on half of you lot ( the bashers)if you were on fire. I was attacked for simply posting his response.

on the other hand I can see why people want to see if his rifles can shoot that well..

someone will post but but he says sub moa but but But nothing if he said no thanks and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Cheers Will
I bashed him because his claims were so outrageous as to be unbelievable.

If it was me and I had genuinely built several L1A1's that were MOA or sub MOA, I would take my own personal rifles (that Ant says he has two of) and shoot them on video. Sleds don't need to be built, there are plenty of them out there for not much more than $50.

Once I had the video, I'd take great pleasure in posting it far and wide to show the Pom bastage just how wrong he was. If the guy lived in the same state, sure, I'd invite him over, ask him to bring his own match ammo and either let him shoot the rifle or demo just how good mine shot. Very, very simple and easy as hell to do.

2007: I'm working for LWRC as VP Operations and I'm part of a team flown out to Jordan to demo our rifles for the Jordanian Royal Guard, Special Forces and Police Spec Ops. We were trying to sell them on the 6.8 PDW, the piston drive system and the .308 Sniper, Assaulter and Battle Rifle. (SABR) When it comes to demo day for the SABR, the SF guys have one of their 'snipers' shoot the gun. As are most things in the ME, the process is corrupt and the sniper has been paid to make the rifle shoot poorly. Not only that, they are using 1970's Paki 7.62 ammo so you can imagine how well that crap grouped, not.

Our local rep makes some complaints and we get a do over. This time the coppers provide some SAKO match ammo and I do the shooting. Multiple sub MOA groups make the 'sniper' look like shit and our rifle performs according to our claims. Now, the Jordanians didn't buy anything because we didn't pay anyone off like the Europeans do but the demo at least showed the ability of the rifle: why is it so hard for Ant to do something similar?

Hell, Anthony has his own FAL Files account but was having you post for him so the whole thing was kinda shady to start with. You may be right about us sharing a beer or something similar but whenever someone has called me on making claims about my life or things I have done, I have taken great pleasure in showing them the proof of my claims.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2017, 09:59   #316
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Damn 302 posts on this thread and no one banned yet. Must be a miracle.
Because the mods know when they see it and don't want it disseminated either. See Tac's meme post above as proof.

For the record though I've climbed Everest, had tea with the queen, taken a hot-air balloon around the world in 79 days, swam the English Channel, wrestled aligators, and had Kim Jong Un in my crosshairs but didn't take the shot. No pics though, you've got to just believe me.

Who remembers the early Isuzu commercials with Joe Isuzu? Like him "you can trust me!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMq...=RD-o8DSxl4oic
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2017, 10:02   #317
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I'm an astronaut, and I own this bar!
Old September 11, 2017, 10:35   #318
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
So a few pages ago, I posted that about 12 years ago, I had built a very specific FAL in order to see what I could wring out of the system and I dug it out of deep storage this weekend. I haven't shot it for about 12 years, it is a pig but it is built to perform. Even so, I couldn't get repeatable sub or even MOA groups out of it. I might take it out next weekend and see what she will do now...

Has a custom match barrel made by Blood of Tyrants from a blank I supplied. Has an OPS Inc muzzle brake, Izzy HB GB, Birdman fully adjustable stock and pistol grip with a tuned trigger and trigger shoe. Its built on one of the finest receivers ever made anywhere, a DSA Grayslake Stainless, no carry handle, machined from billet by LMT type 1. Rigid, solid and made right. Minimum headspace set and a match chamber. Williams QD Pro scope mount, Swarvoski scope in a LaRue Tactical mount and rings. No expense spared and the only thing I couldn't figure out was a freefloat hand guard. I think it weighs about 17 pounds...

Maybe I needed to live in either Enfield or Liege to make this sucker shoot...

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2017, 16:24   #319
baker72
Registered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionYobbo View Post
It was normal for me to eat 2 with the lot and a chocolate milk for lunch a few times a week so you must be a light weight when it comes to eating. I have been 200 pounds for 30+ years. Went to the sun burnt cow in NY and ate 3 a few times. If you have not been to the sun burnt cow you need to make a trip there
yep for those of us that worked for a living two to three burgers at lunch worth a moove was no probs ,

Dave must be a silvertail like andy , shit dave did ya ever eat more than one pie at lunch live alittle before you head to rookwood
Old September 11, 2017, 17:23   #320
baker72
Registered

Cool

now now gman go back and look I posted 3 responses for him and by that time he figured out his pw issue. you might be a little paranoid, its not like Anthony started any of these threads , he had like 5 or so posts for 2006 I guess conspiracy abound at every turn . I've never meet Anthony I don't know what he looks like ive spoken to him on the telephone for all I know you are him posting these threads to rev up business

I'm saying this Gman you are a world class C&^t I don't believe you were in the brit army or that you did anything else you have ever said on here and while I'm at it F&*K u you godless savage brush your teeth I can smell em from here you old shit . Now I'm going to drive to your house l,ets hang out , no you would want to I doubt I would be welcome ,well that's my point! I wouldn't either I would have my back up , no way I would ever trust you. do you think Anthony might have his back up? its not Aussies are know for our patience good temper and not hold a grudge till the end of ******* time.

look I'm just as curious as the everyone to see if his rifle can shoot sub moa . but then again i've a life and a week from I will forget all about this , I think most you will as well old as you are <----joke

really what's in it for him? sales wont jump through the roof there are 3 more left wait he gets to appease a group of people that have been bashing him from the get go . well hell I bet he gets right on it . I think it would annoy you all more if he didn't show it. For myself this has been a real eye opener poor dave cant eat more than one burger in a sitting for his whole life or he gets SUper FAT oi dave you fat C^&t have some chips mate I mean think about that poor bastard . Hell I'm still waiting for an explanation of how you add mass when machining more grooves and twist rate into a bore.

far be it for me to point out the obvious Australians cant spell but its seems Yanks cant read or comprehend what's written that's all I've really got from this Thread

now you lot can get back to yelling at each other I'm out

Cheers cocklovers

Will

btw Gman I don't think your a C%^t

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
I bashed him because his claims were so outrageous as to be unbelievable.

If it was me and I had genuinely built several L1A1's that were MOA or sub MOA, I would take my own personal rifles (that Ant says he has two of) and shoot them on video. Sleds don't need to be built, there are plenty of them out there for not much more than $50.

Once I had the video, I'd take great pleasure in posting it far and wide to show the Pom bastage just how wrong he was. If the guy lived in the same state, sure, I'd invite him over, ask him to bring his own match ammo and either let him shoot the rifle or demo just how good mine shot. Very, very simple and easy as hell to do.

2007: I'm working for LWRC as VP Operations and I'm part of a team flown out to Jordan to demo our rifles for the Jordanian Royal Guard, Special Forces and Police Spec Ops. We were trying to sell them on the 6.8 PDW, the piston drive system and the .308 Sniper, Assaulter and Battle Rifle. (SABR) When it comes to demo day for the SABR, the SF guys have one of their 'snipers' shoot the gun. As are most things in the ME, the process is corrupt and the sniper has been paid to make the rifle shoot poorly. Not only that, they are using 1970's Paki 7.62 ammo so you can imagine how well that crap grouped, not.

Our local rep makes some complaints and we get a do over. This time the coppers provide some SAKO match ammo and I do the shooting. Multiple sub MOA groups make the 'sniper' look like shit and our rifle performs according to our claims. Now, the Jordanians didn't buy anything because we didn't pay anyone off like the Europeans do but the demo at least showed the ability of the rifle: why is it so hard for Ant to do something similar?

Hell, Anthony has his own FAL Files account but was having you post for him so the whole thing was kinda shady to start with. You may be right about us sharing a beer or something similar but whenever someone has called me on making claims about my life or things I have done, I have taken great pleasure in showing them the proof of my claims.

Last edited by baker72; September 11, 2017 at 17:44.
Old September 11, 2017, 17:35   #321
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
if you go down to the Zoo today!

Yep! Chimps, and Orangutans - in the same paddock will throw Pooh, to make Eeyore scream bloody Mary, over the same Stick!